It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Prophecy; Convinced Yet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Anyway, I must apologize to the OP because this is his/her thread and I'm quoting Scripture other than the ones that are on topic specifically between me and a few others.

Sorry to do this to your thread.

It's obvious we are living really close to the time. Whether it be months, a few years, or a decade.

We are commanded to watch.

So let us watch.

By all means carry on with the topic!
edit on 23-2-2011 by yahushuasaves because: Done with ATS for a little while.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Never think you have been satisfied with righteousness. Hunger and thirst for it always, and your cup will run over.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Persecute no one in the name of righteousness. Love them all.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I do not use Christ's words to condemn you. It is an invitation to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I am already there.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I personally won't go into great detail on this but no I'm not convinced of anything mainly because I know my history books and I've been on the earth long enough to see "the end is near" signs on the corner and people citing bible versus to match events of the time.. it has been happening since long before I was born and there's always a verse and a current event someone ties together and calls it proof.. it's not

It's like these earthquakes in Arkansas .. despite the fact it's happened a few times in my life time ( and long before that as well ) where they've had earthquake swarms... according to a USGS article for example a swarm of thousands of earthquakes hit the region in the early 80s and I guarantee you someone, somewhere, took that as proof the end of times were approaching then as well.

Bottom line is even IF God exists, it's not for you to know when.. so why assume it's approaching now like so many hundreds of thousands before you who assumed and were wrong throughout history..?

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

edit on 23-2-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff. I've have been following this sorta thing for awhile now and really it's how you interpret everything that is written in the bible as well as other ancient texts. I know a lot of you know on here that things written in the bible can be found elsewhere in earlier forms. With that said who is to say that it is god or what those people in those times looked at as god or gods who is coming back to cleanse our world. Who knows what is going to happen, if anything I hope its good. I want my two young children to grow up and have kids and experience life just as we have. Hopefully its a life changing event that opens our eyes to who we really are and what the human race is capable of.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorWonder

Originally posted by Shdak
YES: We are hearing about earthquakes all the time, happening in diver places too, also things happening on the other planets, and our on Sun.

You think it has anything to do with the CHRISTchurch earthquake?

NOOOOO that was the "haarp" facility transmitting atfull power in freakin Alaska! don't you no nuthin?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

I really have yet to find any instance where these earthquakes we hear about all the time are anything other than ordinary on the larger time scale? .. Each time there's been a major event and then you go look at it ( again I cite this Arkansas madness that people are talking about in another thread ) .. you find that it's really not that unusual, it's usually a cyclical thing and it was either due, or not out of the norm for the region on the larger scale.. and I think that's really the big key here.. "the larger scale" .. people look at things in terms of their own life span and if you've been around 30-40 years without something happening, it's new to you ..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

You do not actually believe that Jesus will return like some superhero flying through the sky and shooting lasers at evil-doers?

The return of Jesus is a metaphor. Jesus is justice, freedom, love, true democracy... And I hope that what we are seeing in Middle East and North Africa is the coming of Jesus. Dictators falling and I hope that in the end democracy and brighter times will spread through that troubled region. And maybe even through the world. Let's pray and hope for that to happen with the least possible casualties.

Love and peace, peace and love!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by 46ACE

I really have yet to find any instance where these earthquakes we hear about all the time are anything other than ordinary on the larger time scale? .. Each time there's been a major event and then you go look at it ( again I cite this Arkansas madness that people are talking about in another thread ) .. you find that it's really not that unusual, it's usually a cyclical thing and it was either due, or not out of the norm for the region on the larger scale.. and I think that's really the big key here.. "the larger scale" .. people look at things in terms of their own life span and if you've been around 30-40 years without something happening, it's new to you ..

I'm Guessing you're not real big on "sarcasm"...it was a cheap shot at the "haarp causes earthquakes"( because it does that's why) folks

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama
reply to post by Shdak

You do not actually believe that Jesus will return like some superhero flying through the sky and shooting lasers at evil-doers?

The return of Jesus is a metaphor. Jesus is justice, freedom, love, true democracy... And I hope that what we are seeing in Middle East and North Africa is the coming of Jesus. Dictators falling and I hope that in the end democracy and brighter times will spread through that troubled region. And maybe even through the world. Let's pray and hope for that to happen with the least possible casualties.

Love and peace, peace and love!

Agreed .. but the turmoil in the middle east has never really ended, it's only taken breaks.. People constantly use the events of the middle east as a claim that Jesus is coming back, and unfortunately since it never ends, I've gotten used to hearing he's coming since I was a kid and my Mom before me heard the same claims since she was a born ( in 1938 ) .. Any sort of large event causes people to go into the end of days mantra.. whether it be World War 1, World War 2 or the conflicts in the middle east.. it won't stop.. I'm used to hearing it now.. I'm just convinced Jesus meant to come back years ago but got held up by a heavenly TSA agent on his way to JesusForce One

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
I'm Guessing you're not real big on "sarcasm"...it was a cheap shot at the "haarp causes earthquakes"( because it does that's why) folks

Nooooo sorry, I understood you, I was indirectly responding to the person you replied to

My mistake on making that confusing

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

All Prophecy was fulfilled. You and many others like yourself made a BIG mistake you followed the teaches of man so the Lord blinded you from the truth. His sheep hear his voice they listen and follow only him. But you listened and followed others Pastors, Priests, churches, tv, etc.... So now you are lost.

Have you ever read this is a world without end? What did you do with that part of scripture, throw it away? All of the scriptures can come to a complete understanding. A new HEAVEN and Earth was made in a spiritual sense it was not something visual to see. No man or women could enter into heaven until salvation was given.

Thats why there was a GREAT JUDGMENT all those people that passed on before salvation was given had to be judged different. You and all others after Jesus died were given SALVATION. But the LORD made it differcult for all because he said NOBODY goes to the FATHER but through me. If you didnt follow him and have the TRUTH in you, FORGET it YOUR not going to heaven. NOBODY wants anybody in heaven that has followed a crookd path and put their faith and belief in others, when the LORD warned all in scripture. Those are stories you are suppose to learn from. The BIBLE is not to be put in a future context. Those people that JESUS is talking to and teaching in scripture knew what he was talking about. JESUS spent a long time teaching those people. They are all DEAD what do you think they are going to do for you??

GUESS WHAT ELSE? Satan is locked and changed in the lake of fire. Mankind does not need Satan in this world as mans hearts will always be evil.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

So you are an anti-Pauline universalist who spiritualizes the resurrection.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudwatcher

You say there are going to be astrological alignments as were in the day of noah in 2012? Can you please elaborate how you found this out?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I just don't know, I mean yea things seem to be accelerating on all fronts spiritually, economically, worldly but I just don't think it's Bible Prophecy yet. I don't see the world ending and Jesus returning at the end of next year or anytime soon. I think the world will continue on for many more decades but I do think there is a quickening to set up a New World Order type system by the elites.
edit on 23-2-2011 by Brad Jones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist
reply to post by yahushuasaves

In a nutshell I say repent, for the kingdom of heaven is close to coming

Isn't the crux of that a selfish one? Self-serving?
"Repent, or you go to Hell"?
So my motivation to come to your God would be to save myself?

That all feels far too self-serving and not very spiritual to me, sorry.

Now, if my belief would ensure others got to go to a good place when they died instead of me, I'd certainly be up for that as that seems more in keeping with selflessness as apposed to the motivation of "Save Yourself!" !

good point. the Christian is instructed to love others as one loves self. self-sacrifice is a basic Christian doctrine.
we are also responsible for working out our *own* salvation. we can't rely on pastor/parents/spouses to get us saved. I did some emergency/rescue training and one of the basics was to make sure YOU are secure before you worry about saving someone else (example; going in a closed space to rescue someone passed out; if there's gas or smoke or low O you might pass out also and you'd both be casualties.)

two general points; first, it's true the Middle East has been conflicted forever...but so have France/Germany, and we see them living in unbelievable peace. also Japan and S Korea. Argentina/Chile.
2nd point; the Bible prophesies the return of Israel as a nation. no other people have had a nation restored after 2000 years of exile. this fact alone will, hopefully, lead some to accept Bible truths. No one can deny that is is Bible prophecy fulfilled.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I enjoyed this post a lot, but im afraid that the bible says a lot of things that you can match up with anything. There have been more earthquakes and bigger ones in the past for example and to say a heat wave? There are extreme heatwaves every generation.

I still find these comparisons interesting though, I just think that if your looking to match it upo then its too easy to make all the peices of the puzzle fit im afraid

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by IAMIAM

So you are an anti-Pauline universalist who spiritualizes the resurrection.

Call me what you will my friend. I have told you the truth. I do not need a label.

I AM.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Very well said and the quotes at the end too defiantely earn you a star!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Very well said and the quotes at the end too defiantely earn you a star!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So much concearn over the End Of Days.... know full well instead that you are mortal and will one day surely die... Everyday should be thought of as our last, in order to be better able to please the Lord...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join