It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel elected Mayor in Chicago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think it's safe to say that the Daley political machine more or less rammed Emanuel into office, in exchange for the White House Cheif of Staff position in a classic Chicago style quid pro quo!

And yet more conjecture...why does hate make people stupid???

Does no one care about facts anymore???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
Let me refresh your memory...it wasn't THE JUDGE that said he could be on the ballot.

FIRST: The Chicago board of elecitons had hearings and determined he was elgible because he can't lose his residency for having to move to DC to work in the White House...PLUS he still owned his residence and was renting it out while he was gone for one year (the other year his wife lived in the house).

SECOND: An Illinois circuit court upheld the decision made by the board of elections.

THIRD: ONE JUDGE in the appelate court made a decision that he was not elgible and to be taken off the ballot...ONE JUDGE...there is your ONE JUDGE.

FOURTH: THE ILLINIOS SUPREME COURT decided that he was elgible and to be put back on the ballot.

So...out of the whole process...there was only ever ONE JUDGE that said he isn't elgible...EVERYONE ELSE agreed he was.

Now...next time do your research so you don't look so foolish.

So, what happened to the whole argument about the family that was renting emanuel's house that refused to leave to he could claim he was a resident? That's where the whole argument started. So just what is rahm claiming as a "resident" a PO box? The way it looks to me is that they bent the rules all to (blank) just so he could win this sham election, like the having to actually be living in the city for two years I believe. Kinda hard to do that when you've rented your home out and the people won't move till the lease is up.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

So, what happened to the whole argument about the family that was renting emanuel's house that refused to leave to he could claim he was a resident? That's where the whole argument started. So just what is rahm claiming as a "resident" a PO box? The way it looks to me is that they bent the rules all to (blank) just so he could win this sham election, like the having to actually be living in the city for two years I believe. Kinda hard to do that when you've rented your home out and the people won't move till the lease is up.

Well you seem to have it all figured out...you seem much more up on the law and more intelligent then a bunch of silly judges on the Illinois Supreme Court.

Why don't you take your law degree and extensive knowledge of Chicago residency requirements, march on down to Springfield IL and demand justice.

Or just admit that you are grasping at straws and that people who are much more qualified and much more intelligent (I assume) have looked into the matter and have gone through the law and determined he is elgible.

Your choice

p.s. - just for the record, it never mattered that they refused to move out...that was just to piss him off...it was never an issue in the hearings. The only issue was if he still owned the house and planned on returning...that is why personal belongings and possessions still being in the house mattered.
edit on 22-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I think it's safe to say that the Daley political machine more or less rammed Emanuel into office, in exchange for the White House Cheif of Staff position in a classic Chicago style quid pro quo!

And yet more conjecture...why does hate make people stupid???

Does no one care about facts anymore???

Hello earth to new guy you are on a CONSPIRACY WEB SITE.

Now having said that if you aren't familiar with the Daley political legacy in Chicago, and you aren't familiar with Chicago politics, and if you don't find this little bit of intrique well intriquing and all you have to say is that it must be 'hate filled' I would say you are really missing the boat on this one.

Rule number one in intelligence, if there is a doubt there is no doubt.

Yes absolutely Daley taking Emanuels job, and Emanuels taking his brothers is as fixed as fixed as samantha twitching her nose on bewithched.

If it walks like a duck if it talks like a duck, it's a duck.

Yours wasn't even artful!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

If you hate facts...that is fine.

I'll leave you to your imaginary world.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

If you hate facts...that is fine.

I'll leave you to your imaginary world.

You mean the fact that Rahm was not elligble to run?

Or the facts that Daley took his job?

Or the fact that this all smells like a rotten fish?

So far you haven't posted anything but sourceless claims and ad-hominen attacks, where as I am posting a plausible and very likely theory.

The Daley's have the most powerful political machine in Chicago. The Daley's picked up the coveted Cheif of Staff job at the White House, the former Cheif of Staff picked up the Mayor of Chicago job, which is often held by a Daley.

2 + 2 generally equals 4, and since you haven't investigated this or even considered it, I would not agree that I am the one living in the imaginary world.

edit on 22/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Ouch, seems I've touched a nerve. I don't need a law degree to know when an election has been bought an paid for. But if you want to live in with the fantasy that this was a "fair" election, then I'll leave you to it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

You mean the fact that Rahm was not elligble to run?

Declare by who....you??? You and one conservative appellate court judge.

That's right, just ignore the board of elections, the circuit court decision and the ILLINIOS SUPREME COURT decision.

But you are right, I'm sure you are better qualified to make that decision than they are

So far you haven't posted anything but sourceless claims and ad-hominen attacks, where as I am posting a plausible and very likely theory.

What is my claim???

I'm simply looking for any shred of evidence for anyones baseless claims they are making.

Nice try trying to spin it around back on me though...just let me know what claims I am making.

I think it is plausible that you think very highly of yourself...it's just a theory...I have no proof.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Ouch, seems I've touched a nerve. I don't need a law degree to know when an election has been bought an paid for. But if you want to live in with the fantasy that this was a "fair" election, then I'll leave you to it.

LOL...ok gotcha...you can just use your magical powers and sense corruption.

You should try to market that...good luck.

At any time, you can just provide any shred of proof that suggests this election was rigged....anyone can...I'll wait...I'm patient.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Nice try trying to spin it around back on me though...just let me know what claims I am making.

You funny! So as I stated you are posting nothing of substance by your own admission rather are only taking a left/right political stance.

Conservative judges tend to be every bit as corrupt as liberal judges.

The Politcal Madness forum on ATS is in large part to help people (especially new people stuck in the left right paridigm) understand that the WHOLE process is corrupt, on the left and on the right.

Hence why you imagine my theories are some form of hate filled agenda doing with left/right politics, race, or other nonsense.

Now to be fair, being new to ATS and stuck in that rut and obviously here to partake in divide and conquer, dog and pony show left/right politics, with little to no interest in the conspiratorial nature of the SHADOW GOVERMENT and the Powers that Be that actually manipulate both parties, I can grant that you need a learning curve.

Maybe even a free pass at the plate during it.

However if you knew how the Powers that Be work, then you would understand why a number of people are going to see validity in what I contend.

That the Daley family one of the most politically powerful and influential in America, tied in with some of the most powerful and influential crime syndicates in America would like to have some White House Credentials and broaden their scope of influence and the power players in their social circle.

Rahm needs the benefit of an already made powerful political machine to coast him into office to build up his resume for his future political career, which because he is not eligible to become President makes his next likely step a Governership.

Our whole government is corrupt left/right, up down and top to bottom friend.

You are in a box and going around in circles, in a very defeating game that actually serves no one but the Powers that Be.

Oh yeah, and proto definately loves himself, and you too, or I wouldn't take the time to post this for your consideration.

Call me Johnny Apple Seed it's going to take a while for you to learn to consider the critical out of the box thinkers on this site, but trust me, if you have any observational skills at all, you are going to see that a lot of what people have to say outside of the mainstream here on ATS is very valid, and very relevant.

Thanks for being so angry!

edit on 22/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

So...........lets see, if I leave my state and go and work in another state for 2 years, I can still claim residency????

Now, your sure this wont get me in any trouble with the IRS, or maybe with my state income tax deductions???

No, I guess this makes perfect sense.................WHY would you possibly have to actually reside in the state that you claim residency in?????????????????????????????????????????????

ROTFLMAO

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

So all that to focus on how new I am to ATS

And yet you still didn't show me what baseless claims I'm making...hmmmm.

And my theory is confirmed...you do think to highly of yourself.

But thanks for the lesson you mighty ATS elder...where would I be without you????

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by SirMike

Is it illegal? Is it outside of the tax code?

You could do the same thing, anyone can....you just seem bitter that you don't have the means to.

Sooo...because you CAN do something means you SHOULD do it? I see now why you support him.

/TOA

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

reply to post by SirMike

Is it illegal? Is it outside of the tax code?

You could do the same thing, anyone can....you just seem bitter that you don't have the means to.

Sooo...because you CAN do something means you SHOULD do it? I see now why you support him.

/TOA

I'll ask again...is it illegal???

If it isn't illegal...what is the issue with him doing it?

Do we have any rational answers in this thread???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Do you have any of your own opinions, or are you just going to repeat the talking points of Mr. Emanuels advisors and attorneys??????????

Please tell us WHY YOU want him to be mayor of Chicago????

What is he going to do for the people of Chicago???

In YOUR opinion???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

But thanks for the lesson you mighty ATS elder...where would I be without you????

Hey I am not the one arguing senseless left/right politics without any clue of what really goes on in the world.

I swung by to post the Daley connection, it's one I think a lot of people are going to want to consider.

It's a public service.

No need to thank me, and took a little extra time to share some valuable insights with you.

No offence but since you don't have a clue how the world really works, I really am not interested in debating your but these judges said, it's all legal, main stream brainwashed nonsense.

Have a fun night, accusing people of being hatefilled monsters!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

No need to thank me, and took a little extra time to share some valuable insights with you.

No offence but since you don't have a clue how the world really works, I really am not interested in debating your but these judges said, it's all legal, main stream brainwashed nonsense.

Ok, at first I was just joking about you thinking highly of yourself....but wow.

I don't know how I survive not knowing how the world really works...I guess I need to spend more time making baseless claims...and then I will understand everything.

My only hope is that some day...I will be as wise as you.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

So all that to focus on how new I am to ATS

And yet you still didn't show me what baseless claims I'm making...hmmmm.

And my theory is confirmed...you do think to highly of yourself.

well, you cetainly do qualify to be a politician yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't answer any of my questions, but, you did seem to make a couple up, and then you answered them????

I CAN TYPE SLOWER IF THIS HELPS

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

Do you have any of your own opinions, or are you just going to repeat the talking points of Mr. Emanuels advisors and attorneys??????????

Oh, so you must obviously have those talking points if you know them...right?

And...do you have a source for those??? I know asking for sources makes me a sheeple and living inside a box...but I tend to like facts.

If you don't have a source...could you at least just tell me what those talking points are? Abiding by Supreme Court decisions???

Please tell us WHY YOU want him to be mayor of Chicago????

What is he going to do for the people of Chicago???

IMO...I am not a Chicago resident...so it doesn't really matter.

Please go quote me where I ever said that I want him to be mayor of Chicago....I just find it hilarious all the people here spewing absolute crap that is not backed up by any facts at all. And for some reason they are enlightened for that...and I am the clueless one...LOL.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Ok, lets try this again

1. Do you believe that someone like you or I could live in another state for 2 years while claiming residency in our original state, because we have a rental property, and not face some type of legal action?

2. Do you really believe that the outcome of this election was not known BEFORE he even left the White House?

3.You keep repeating that everyone hear is just stating opinions about Mr. Emanuel, so, please give us some facts as to WHY he is a good choice for Chicago.

Thank You

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join