It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel elected Mayor in Chicago

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

1. Do you believe that someone like you or I could live in another state for 2 years while claiming residency in our original state, because we have a rental property, and not face some type of legal action?

If we lived in Illinois and had to move out of state due to having to work for the Federal government...YES. Which is why Rham was still a Chicago resident and is why Obama is still a Chicago resident. It is in Illinois law...here..I'll get it for you:

www.ilga.gov...

A permanent abode is necessary to constitute a residence within the meaning of Section 3-1 [which says who's allowed to vote in Illinois]. No elector or spouse shall be deemed to have lost his or her residence in any precinct or election district in this State by reason of his or her absence on business of the United States, or of this State.

And here is part of the IL Supreme Courts ruling:
newsblogs.chicagotribune.com...

"This court’s decision is based on the following and only on the following: (1) what it means to be a resident for election purposes was clearly established long ago, and Illinois law has been consistent on the matter since at least the 19th Century; (2) the novel standard adopted by the appellate court majority is without any foundation in Illinois law; (3) the Board’s factual findings were not against the manifest weight of the evidence; and (4) the Board’s decision was not clearly erroneous."

2. Do you really believe that the outcome of this election was not known BEFORE he even left the White House?

Everyone knew that if Rham ran, he would run. What do you not understand about him being extremely popular in Chicago???

3.You keep repeating that everyone hear is just stating opinions about Mr. Emanuel, so, please give us some facts as to WHY he is a good choice for Chicago.

You see, here is the thing...when someone makes a claim...like people are doing here...THEY HAVE THE BURDEN OF PROOF.

I am questioning these people for proof...I have made no claims...again...this isn't rocket science.

If people want to make baseless claims...I will call them on it. Do you see anyone backing up any of their statements with facts????

No....I don't either.

But feel free to show me where I am making a claim that Rham is good for Chicago...I asked you before...and you didn't show me...so either please do so, or admit I have made no claims of my own.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Will the real rahm Emanuel please stand up...?

RAHM EMANUEL SENT A ROTTING FISH TO A POLLSTER HE DIDN'T LIKE
RAHM EMANUEL REFERS TO WASHINGTON AS "#NUTSVILLE
"ISRAEL IS MY MIDDLE NAME" IS SOMETHING RAHM EMANUEL CAN ACTUALLY SAY
WHEN DONORS OFFER RAHM EMANUEL $5,000 CHECKS, HE HANGS THE # UP ON THEM
New Fact! RAHM EMANUEL THINKS REPUBLICANS ARE "BAD PEOPLE WHO DESERVE A TWO BY FOUR UPSIDE THEIR HEAD"
( Fact submitted by a reader in Wisconsin. Thanks! )
New Fact! NO ONE, NOT EVEN PRESIDENT OBAMA, CAN MAKE RAHM EMANUEL STOP CRACKING HIS KNUCKLES
RAHM EMANUEL'S LITTLE BROTHER ARI IS THE REAL-LIFE INSPIRATION FOR ARI ON ENTOURAGE
RAHM EMANUEL DECLARED HIS ENEMIES "DEAD" WHILE REPEATEDLY STABBING A STEAK KNIFE INTO THE TABLE
RAHM EMANUEL TELLS PEOPLE TO # OFF BY SHOWING THEM THE SPACE WHERE HIS RIGHT MIDDLE FINGER USED TO BE
RAHM EMANUEL CAN DANCE BALLET BETTER THAN YOU
WE WOULD ALL HAVE HEALTHCARE IF BILL CLINTON HAD LISTENED TO RAHM EMANUEL'S ADVICE
RAHM EMANUEL'S OLDER BROTHER EZEKIEL WILL PROBABLY CURE CANCER EVENTUALLY
"MAUL HER! AMEN!" IS AN ANAGRAM FOR RAHM EMANUEL
RAHM EMANUEL DID NOT FIGHT IN THE ISRAELI ARMY AS RUMORED BUT HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME AT IT IF HE HAD

RAHM EMANUEL HATES ARBY'S
RAHM EMANUEL EARNED $16 MILLION IN JUST TWO YEARS WORKING AT AN INVESTMENT BANK
RAHM EMANUEL IS A TRAINED TRIATHLETE
AFTER THE 2006 MIDTERM ELECTIONS, RAHM EMANUEL JUMPED ON A TABLE AND SAID THE REPUBLICAN PARTY "CAN GO # THEMSELVES"
RAHM EMANUEL'S RABBI LETS HIM WORK ON ROSH HASHANAH
JOSH LYMAN WOULD NOT EXIST IF NOT FOR RAHM EMANUEL
RAHM EMANUEL TOLD TONY BLAIR: "DON'T # THIS UP"
RAHM EMANUEL TRIED TO CUT OFF DICK CHENEY FROM GOVERNMENT WELFARE
BEFORE SEEKING MEDICAL ATTENTION FOR HIS SEVERED FINGER, RAHM EMANUEL WENT SWIMMING
EVEN RAHM EMANUEL'S MOTHER CALLS HIM "RAHMBO"
RAHM EMANUEL BRAWLED WITH HIS BROTHERS OVER WHETHER "DEER HUNTER" IS A GOOD MOVIE
RAHM EMANUEL REGULARLY CALLS HIS CHILDREN "MESHUGANAS"
RAHM EMANUEL RIDES HIS BIKE "AS IF HE'S BEING CHASED BY THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN"
RAHM EMANUEL ASSUMES YOU KNOW IT'S HIM CALLING
RAHM EMANUEL TOLD BILL CLINTON: "YOU SHOULD HAVE MESSED AROUND WITH A GOYISH GIRL"

edit on 22-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2011 by Danbones because: ooooops linky www.rahmfacts.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

So that's it..that is the best dirt on Rham???

Nothing illegal...nothing really unethical...he sent a dead fish to someone.

Maybe it was a gift.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
And this is a surprise, how??? It was pretty much a given from the moment he announced his intention to run. The "residency" glitch was taken care of right away, and viola! We shall see how he handles his new responsibilities. Chicagoans aren't naive, they know how their politics play out, they already know the drill. Move along, nothing to see here...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Does the apple fall far from the tree? Who is his loyalty to? These are questions that at least paint him in a questionable light. His temper is known. Who was his dad?

Wiki, of course, doesn't say much:

Benjamin M. Emanuel, passed "secret codes" to Menachem Begin as a member of the Irgun

Implies someone who if not high up, was at least trusted by the high ups of an organization that is known to have committed terrorist acts. Son has dual citizenship. Mossad is just as guilty as CIA in committing terrorist acts. Like I said, don't be surprised if the next big false flag is in Chicago.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
What is American about this man? He looks bought and paid for in full, not belonging in any discussion of civil importance.

What qualifies this man, apart from his acting abilities?
edit on 23-2-2011 by smthngmssnghr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by smthngmssnghr
What is American about this man? He looks bought and paid for in full, not belonging in any discussion of civil importance.

What qualifies this man, apart from his acting abilities?
edit on 23-2-2011 by smthngmssnghr because: (no reason given)

Can you show us some politicians that aren't bought and paid for? In politics now that proves he's American.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Danbones

So that's it..that is the best dirt on Rham???

Nothing illegal...nothing really unethical...he sent a dead fish to someone.

Maybe it was a gift.

He heard the guy was a big fan of The Godfather.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Your right on. Soon as the Judge ruled that his name was to be on the ballot I knew who was going to be the Mayor. The first decision was correct in ruling against him due to his non resident status. I wonder what will happen in or near Chicago in the future that will play into this decision?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humint1
reply to post by Chance321

Your right on. Soon as the Judge ruled that his name was to be on the ballot I knew who was going to be the Mayor. The first decision was correct in ruling against him due to his non resident status. I wonder what will happen in or near Chicago in the future that will play into this decision?

The first decision? You mean the decision that he was elgible by the board of elections??? That first decision?

Or do you mean the first court decision? The one in the ciruit court that upheld and confirmed the decision made by the board of elections that he was elgible???

OH...you mean the THIRD decision, made by the appellate court, the only one that said he is not elgible.

Cause I think I'll stick wtih the FOURTH and final decision made by the SUPREME COURT that said he is indeed elgible.

Cherry pick much?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I agree.

Can't make Chicago much worse.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Is it illegal? Is it outside of the tax code?

I'm no expert but I should think it would be ignorant to break any tax code when you have access to ways around them all.

Really...why can't you. Details please? Give me the laws that he is breaking and why he is the only one allowed to do this.

Please...I would love to see this information.

Tax Codes and Laws are easily and legally evaded when you know them inside and out. But of course you know this already.....

I'm still waiting for any of them to give me proof of corruptness or a rigged election.

I'm also still waiting for someone to give me something credible that makes Rham so bad and evil.

Rahm Emmanuel is not guilty of breaking any laws. Rahm Emmanuel is guilty for not utilizing his knowledge and his passion to change/create laws for the betterment of the majority rather than his own pocket as well as all his friends in higher places.

Why don't you take your law degree and extensive knowledge of Chicago residency requirements, march on down to Springfield IL and demand justice.

Or just admit that you are grasping at straws and that people who are much more qualified and much more intelligent (I assume) have looked into the matter and have gone through the law and determined he is elgible.

Justice will be served as it is always done. What we put out is what we will get back in this life.

The people will demand Transparency within the government. War is coming and as always the majority RULES in the end!

LOL...ok gotcha...you can just use your magical powers and sense corruption.

You should try to market that...good luck.

His time will come......and so will YOURS! Just knowing that is why I sleep so well at night!

At any time, you can just provide any shred of proof that suggests this election was rigged....anyone can...I'll wait...I'm patient.

I'm glad your patient and hope you live to see him fall from grace. If not now then in History books to come.

Everyone knew that if Rham ran, he would run. What do you not understand about him being extremely popular in Chicago???

Popularity won't save him when the people get their transparency.

p.s. - just for the record, it never mattered that they refused to move out...that was just to piss him off...it was never an issue in the hearings. The only issue was if he still owned the house and planned on returning...that is why personal belongings and possessions still being in the house mattered.

They just wanted a piece of the pie. Wonder how much he paid them to leave and keep quiet? Doesn't matter. Their money will not be worth anything soon enough.

Your mask suites you MindSpin! But it won't help you......I am sure you will try to respond with some more of your intellectual rhetoric but I have said all I wanted to say here.

I thank the OP for bringing this to the forums as I wanted to address it in such a way.
edit on 23-2-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join