It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel elected Mayor in Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I wonder how many dead people voted for him...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Quote from Mindspin:
"I kind of like the fact that ignorant conservatives are scared of Chicago.

Please stay away, it is as bad as you heard"

Glad to. Besides who wants to be around a bunch of ignorant liberals who keep voting megalomaniacs in to office like the Daley clan and Emanuel???
Zindo

edit on 2/22/2011 by ZindoDoone because: add quote

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I used to visit Chicago weekly, and I loved it so much I moved there.

I lived there for twelve years, and by the end, I couldn't wait to get the eff outta there.
The politics and costs (meaning fines and fees) for everything just was more than I could accept.

I moved out of that state over ten years ago, and haven't been back to Chicago since.

Good Riddance!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Originally posted by The Old American
I'd bring up the absolute fact that he doesn't meet residency requirements to be the mayor of Chicago, but since when does the law get in the way of progress(ives)?

/TOA

You obviously don't know Illinois law very well.

And to all the people saying Rahm is a bad bad person and that this is so bad for Chicago.....could you provide some examples to his "badness"????

OK, how about his charity? You know, the one he runs from his house (meaning he don’t pay property taxes on it), whose only recipient is his kids private school which means he doesn’t have to pay tuition to go there.

But who cares right, tax laws are just for the little guys and mean ol nasty corporations anyways.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
As if sales tax isn't bad enough, we have the city stickers, parking meters, red light traps almost everywhere no jobs,,,it keeps going and going and going..

link   
Never underestimate this 5 1/2 foot ballerina! This is the guy who repeatedly stabbed a table after pronouncing the name of an enemy.

blog.foreignpolicy.com...

link   
reply to post by SirMike

Is it illegal? Is it outside of the tax code?

You could do the same thing, anyone can....you just seem bitter that you don't have the means to.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by SirMike

You could do the same thing, anyone can....you just seem bitter that you don't have the means to.

No, you see, I cant. I dont know personally know anyone in city government who could make that happen, Rham does.

I should have mentioned that its a Jewish school, that would have turned you off huh?
edit on 22-2-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

reply to post by SirMike

I should have mentioned that its a Jewish school, that would have turned you off huh?

Ummmm....no.

I'm all about freedom of religion...sorry to dissapoint...I don't hate Jews.

Sounds like you might though.

No, you see, I cant. I dont know personally know anyone in city government who could make that happen, Rham does.

Really...why can't you. Details please? Give me the laws that he is breaking and why he is the only one allowed to do this.

Please...I would love to see this information.
edit on 22-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
G_D help Chicago. It just shows how corrupt our country has become, he didn't even live there, pays off or threatens a bunch of people, and presto, he becomes the mayor.

You are just pulling stuff out of the air.

What proof do you have that he paid off or threatened anyone to become Mayor?

Just because the Illinois State Supreme Court didn't rule the way some want it to, doesn't mean the judges must be corrupt by default. That's insulting and kind of a childish way to approach the situation, especially without a shred of evidence that something sinister was even afoot.

He was born in Chicago, was a congressman in Chicago, and a longtime resident who left to work in the White House alongside Obama.

The people VOTED him into office.
That's democracy at work, no matter if it leaves sour grapes in the mouths of many.

Make "whine" with those grapes if it pleases you, but building a conspiracy out of nothing is a transparent partisan endeavor.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
I'd bring up the absolute fact that he doesn't meet residency requirements to be the mayor of Chicago, but since when does the law get in the way of progress(ives)?

/TOA

You obviously don't know Illinois law very well.

And to all the people saying Rahm is a bad bad person and that this is so bad for Chicago.....could you provide some examples to his "badness"????

Looks like whats wrong with him so far is he's Jewish and democrat.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

The proof is in the voting.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Everyone is just pulling stuff out of thin air...they HATE Rham and they have no idea why.

Well, they know why they hate him...Fox News told them to hate him.

I'm still waiting for any of them to give me proof of corruptness or a rigged election.

I'm also still waiting for someone to give me something credible that makes Rham so bad and evil.

It is amazing the amount of baseless unsource minformed rhetoric that is spread here on ATS....and supposedly these are the people that are supposed to be "in tune" with politics.

LOL.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Looks like whats wrong with him so far is he's Jewish and democrat.

Basically that is all they have got so far.

It's sad that so many ATS members are victims of propaganda and rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Lets have a show of hands, who didn't think he'd be elected? I mean really soon as the "judge" said that he could be put on the ballot I knew how this election was going to turn out. I'm just curious, how many dead people voted for him? Elections aren't won, they're bought.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It's sad that so many ATS members are victims of propaganda and rhetoric.

I have no love for Rahm Emanuel , but there are a surprising amount of people on this forum who are puppets of right wing talk radio/tv programming.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
I'm just curious, how many dead people voted for him? Elections aren't won, they're bought.

We'll considering they found 8 caskets to 1 hole in a cemetery here im going to assume all

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by lee anoma

Everyone is just pulling stuff out of thin air...they HATE Rham and they have no idea why.

Well, they know why they hate him...Fox News told them to hate him.

Even worse?
They really don't give a damn about Chicago's citizens.

- Lee

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I am sure there is a connection here.

CHICAGO – There won’t be a Daley at Chicago City Hall much longer, but now there will be one at the White House.

President Barack Obama’s hiring Thursday of William Daley, Mayor Richard M. Daley’s brother, continues the run of Chicagoans in the job of White House chief of staff – and that could mean good things for Illinois, though the state hasn’t gotten everything it hoped for with the last Chicagoan in the post.

www.daily-chronicle.com...

I think it's safe to say that the Daley political machine more or less rammed Emanuel into office, in exchange for the White House Cheif of Staff position in a classic Chicago style quid pro quo!

When Obama promised more transparency in Government I really didn't think he meant THIS transparent!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Lets have a show of hands, who didn't think he'd be elected? I mean really soon as the "judge" said that he could be put on the ballot I knew how this election was going to turn out. I'm just curious, how many dead people voted for him? Elections aren't won, they're bought.

Let me refresh your memory...it wasn't THE JUDGE that said he could be on the ballot.

FIRST: The Chicago board of elecitons had hearings and determined he was elgible because he can't lose his residency for having to move to DC to work in the White House...PLUS he still owned his residence and was renting it out while he was gone for one year (the other year his wife lived in the house). He voted in Chicago in the 2010 elections (as did Obama, because Obama is still a Chicago resident as well). It was crystal clear that he was still a Chicago resident.

SECOND: An Illinois circuit court upheld the decision made by the board of elections.

THIRD: ONE JUDGE in the appelate court made a decision that he was not elgible and to be taken off the ballot...ONE JUDGE...there is your ONE JUDGE.

FOURTH: THE ILLINIOS SUPREME COURT decided that he was elgible and to be put back on the ballot.

So...out of the whole process...there was only ever ONE JUDGE that said he isn't elgible...EVERYONE ELSE agreed he was.

Now...next time do your research so you don't look so foolish.
edit on 22-2-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join