It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Motorway Collapses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No, for us, we are just broke and cannot afford routine maintenance.

If you are refering to the I-35 bridge, the reason is a bit more complicated than that.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Skewed

This is all perfectly normal.
Road slips have been hapening for all of recorded history.
The Ancient Romans had the same problem from time to time.
Chariots would be just crusing along and then.....whammy! It hits. Perffectly natural. Nothing to see here, Move along.

On a serious note,
I say it in every thread now, and I will continue to do so.
I say it to my family DAILY now, and will continue to do so.

IT'S COMING!

Edit to add:
Upon further review, It appears that a piece of Duct Tape fastened to either end of the separated pieces of the bridge would have prevented all of this.Seriously, what was holding those two pieces together????
edit on 22-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Do you not see that huge gaping hole in the ground?

Sorry to taint your prospective but that is NOT perfectly normal my friend.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
Before retiring from the company i worked for we had large projects in China and i was there several times to inspect and commission projects . Everything the Chinese contractors and work force did had to be monitered not only 24/7 , but every second . The contractors were experience , could speak English and could read any blueprint or planning schematic . If a footing called for so much rebar of several sizes and an exact slump test before a concrete pour , if they weren't being watched they put 20% of the rebar in that was required and no slump test to see if the concrete mix was exact or even right . Use less rebar or less actual cement in the concrete mix and more sand and the contractors split what they saved by building far under specified requirements . We re-hammered pillars , broke them down and found absolutely no rebar and the concrete mix was way wrong as this was intended to support buildings . Absolutely shoddy workmanship and i imagine it far worse when it's an actual Chinese contract for Chinese contractors and sub-contractors . In fact we used to joke about never driving on a highway overpass or ramp . Everything in China is built like that to high rise apartment buildings . If they ever have a massive earthquake in a major city where a developement boom has been on we'll see more damage and loss of life than ever before . They sell the "extra" rebar and cement for the concrete mix right back to the suppliers and everyone gets a cut .

No offense, but are you sure you arent talking about work you did in the U.S.? If you are making accurate statements thats very very serious and I hope you have something more than "your" word to give us. Can you give us something to substantiate or coroborate your allegations? If you cant or dont, I am calling you out right here as a "liar", and genuinly feel that this is work you personally were "involved" in, and should be held responsible for it. Sounds exactly like slippery/shady "union tactics" right here in the U.S. Please prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Made In China, by slave labour and corners cutting greedy corporations..

Enough said.
edit on 22-2-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Sorry to taint your prospective but that is NOT perfectly normal my friend.

That looks like a creek or other channel passing under the bridge. Notice the nice stone work that makes up the wall of that channel? There are numerous examples of that in every city throughout the US.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Please go back and read my ENTIRE post.
I know we all get in a rush sometimes to attack the debunkers but the rest of my post should clear it all up for you.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I see nothing there that would have caused that hole - nothing seems to
haven fallen on it. Anyone have ideas on what could have caused it?
Not normal at all - was there an underground explosion perhaps - just
speculating. Wonder if this showed up on the seismos?

link   
Sorry all - its going to be another double/triple post day for me

edit on 22-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 22-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
No offense, but are you sure you arent talking about work you did in the U.S.? If you are making accurate statements thats very very serious and I hope you have something more than "your" word to give us. Can you give us something to substantiate or coroborate your allegations? If you cant or dont, I am calling you out right here as a "liar", and genuinly feel that this is work you personally were "involved" in, and should be held responsible for it. Sounds exactly like slippery/shady "union tactics" right here in the U.S. Please prove me wrong.

Here’s an anecdotal example from a project I worked on in Hong Kong last year.

Due to the corrosive environment in HK (being so close to the ocean) all prefabricated steel structures were to be painted in accordance to NACE (The National Association of Corrosion Engineers) standards. This governed surface preparation of the painted surface, primer thickness, top coat thickness and touch up procedures. In addition to this, all painted items were to be inspected and signed off by a NACE certified inspector before the left the fabricators.

Being so close to mainland China meant a lot of our prefabricated steel structural components were coming from Chinese fab shops.

One of the first loads we received looked awful so I checked the paperwork, and sure enough it had all been approved by the local NACE inspector. I called on our Chinese supplier and asked “was this really inspected before it left”, and he told me that it was. I then asked how that could be, because I saw runs all over the paint, and areas of coverage so thin that you could see the primer, and in some cases bare metal.

I said there is no way a NACE inspector could have missed it, because what I was looking at was still mostly under a tarp. Needles to say, we had to personally inspect all shipments before they left the fabricators after this and even then, knowing we would be on site and not sign off on shipment, the quality of the work was no better and the excuses just the same.

And then we found about the noncompliant structural bolts that were being substituted for the Type 3, A325 bolt we specified.

I have never had these kinds of issues with any shop in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea or Europe.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I don't see the slightest indication that there's a creek or any waterway there.

It still looks like a giant sink hole to me.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Doom and gloom? This is current affair and news. Shall I report on Hollywood instead?
Don't like what's happening? See if they'll let you rent a room on the International Space Station.

For someone who doesn't care for me or my style of threads, you sure follow me around a lot. Why is that?

Please go back and read my ENTIRE post.
I know we all get in a rush sometimes to attack the debunkers but the rest of my post should clear it all up for you.

I did read your post(s)
I still can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I don't see the slightest indication that there's a creek or any waterway there.

You see that police car in that picture of the "sinkhole"? What is that police car sitting on top of? Looks like a bridge. Why would one put a bridge there? Maybe because there is a creek.

Now you are entitled to see whatever you wish. However, I have done numerous wetland delineations and 404 permits for the Texas Department of Transportation. I have see literally 100s of bridges with erosion control stonework, just as depicted in that image. I suppose my experience means little to nothing though.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Wow I really need to reign in the sarcasm.

Yes my friend as always. Sarcastic to the end.
Another good thread.
I get more of my news from you and DD than I do from CNN,FOX

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

You see that police car in that picture of the "sinkhole"? What is that police car sitting on top of? Looks like a bridge. Why would one put a bridge there? Maybe because there is a creek.

Maybe they erected the guard rail really fast to prevent people from falling into the sink hole.

Kidding, of course.

and.. OF COURSE IT WAS JUST SHODDY CONSTRUCTION.

Anyone seriously debating this could be from an unseen planet X needs a headcheck.

Too bad ATS points can't be used on psychiatrists.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Wow I really need to reign in the sarcasm.

Yes my friend as always. Sarcastic to the end.
Another good thread.
I get more of my news from you and DD than I do from CNN,FOX

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join