It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Motorway Collapses

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Chinese Motorway Collapses

poleshift.ning.com

Four lorry drivers are lucky to be alive today after they survived this road collapse.

Their trucks plunged to the ground and overturned when an overpass ramp collapsed in Shangyu, in east China's Zhejiang Province, on Monday.

The slip road fell 23 feet at about 3am in the morning, as the drivers switched from a local motorway to a national highway.

The truck drivers were taken to hospital.

Three of the drivers received minor injuries, but the condition of the fourth has not yet been released.

Luckily, no one was believed to be beneath the road when it collapsed. If anyon
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.d ailymail.co.uk

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What ? The road just 'slipped? That's the official explanation? How do roads slip?
Mountains have been known to slide. The Earth quakes and the sea can rise. So now we have a new phenomenon? Roads slip?

There have been SO many sink holes being reported that we best start paying attention to the signs. Does anyone see a hole in the first photo? I do.

I believe Earth is giving way. That's what I believe is happening. I think the core is getting hotter (I just posted a thread about how it's 'slower' than thought) and this is making for a very unstable planet.

Now, what's the connection?
Let's see..........we have the Sun throwing out HUGE CME's so much so that the MSM are warning and calling for a Solar Katrina and...............we have this new planet.

This GIGANTIC planet (that keeps changing names) is coming closer to the inner solar system where we reside and that is what I believe causing all these events.

So not sure how many more dots you need to make the connection. This is ALL related. That much I'm sure. I'm just not 100% of the cause.

poleshift.ning.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hope everyone is all right, but, wonder if walmart had anything to do with this, using cheap China made products will do this every time.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
or it could be that people in china, cut corners when building things, and these sort of events seem to be a regular occurrence in countries like china, india, brazil etc..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
china's infastructure is notorious for being shoddy to say the least.
along with just about everything else from china.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How, (please bridge expert) do we suppose the piece of the bridge on the ground was attached/secured or fastened to the portion of the bridge still standing? I see no reinforcing steel/ re-bar or anything obvious. Also, looks like theres alot of "load" debris on the ground (left side), maybe overweight vehicle contributed?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

This is all perfectly normal.
Road slips have been hapening for all of recorded history.
The Ancient Romans had the same problem from time to time.
Chariots would be just crusing along and then.....whammy! It hits. Perffectly natural. Nothing to see here, Move along.

On a serious note,
I say it in every thread now, and I will continue to do so.
I say it to my family DAILY now, and will continue to do so.

IT'S COMING!

Edit to add:
Upon further review, It appears that a piece of Duct Tape fastened to either end of the separated pieces of the bridge would have prevented all of this.Seriously, what was holding those two pieces together????
edit on 22-2-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If the motorists had been observant and had seen the "Made in China" sticker on the motorway, then they likely would never have driven on it.

Seriously, I suppose things like this could happen anywhere; however it does underscore the the fact that Chinese made products are cheap....and I don't mean inexpensive.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yes this does happen routinely, mostly because we shouldn't be building structures like this for travel in the 21st century. Advanced technology can free us from heavy iron/metal vehicles, concrete on roads, etc. They had rubber tires that were puncture proof back in the 50s! Withholding technology that can save future lives, is murder to me.

On a side note, try to be cautious about what you hear from that poleshift ning forum. They aren't interested in the truth at all, I got banned from there for being an honest, critical thinker. The people running that site are loony in my opinion, and they actually state "debunking not allowed."

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This happens in North America as well, I remember a couple times in Montreal and that one bridge in Minnesota. Looks like it can happen anywhere. I wonder if they used the same building standards on the world's longest sea bridge in China....

dai lymail.co.uk

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
How, (please bridge expert) do we suppose the piece of the bridge on the ground was attached/secured or fastened to the portion of the bridge still standing? I see no reinforcing steel/ re-bar or anything obvious. Also, looks like theres alot of "load" debris on the ground (left side), maybe overweight vehicle contributed?

Columns aren’t typically joined to the roadway with rigid connections. This allows for thermal expansion/contraction in all planes without additional stresses on the members.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
china's infastructure is notorious for being shoddy to say the least.
along with just about everything else from china.

I agree but then why not say a 'sinkhole'? Why say the road slipped?

This is very reminiscent to the earthquake in California during (what was it?...the world series?) when the road collapsed.
Did China have an unreported earthquake I wonder? Or could this be an after effect from NZ EQ?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No, for us, we are just broke and cannot afford routine maintenance.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Originally posted by G.A.G.

Columns aren’t typically joined to the roadway with rigid connections. This allows for thermal expansion/contraction in all planes without additional stresses on the members. [/quote

Thank you sir,
That makes alot of sense. What about the beidge sections being connected to each other while still not being connected to the "columns"? Also, I noticed that two lanes appear to be reduced to one, where this occurred.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
And people are scared there gonna take over the world,

muhahahahaah

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Before retiring from the company i worked for we had large projects in China and i was there several times to inspect and commission projects . Everything the Chinese contractors and work force did had to be monitered not only 24/7 , but every second . The contractors were experience , could speak English and could read any blueprint or planning schematic . If a footing called for so much rebar of several sizes and an exact slump test before a concrete pour , if they weren't being watched they put 20% of the rebar in that was required and no slump test to see if the concrete mix was exact or even right . Use less rebar or less actual cement in the concrete mix and more sand and the contractors split what they saved by building far under specified requirements . We re-hammered pillars , broke them down and found absolutely no rebar and the concrete mix was way wrong as this was intended to support buildings . Absolutely shoddy workmanship and i imagine it far worse when it's an actual Chinese contract for Chinese contractors and sub-contractors . In fact we used to joke about never driving on a highway overpass or ramp . Everything in China is built like that to high rise apartment buildings . If they ever have a massive earthquake in a major city where a developement boom has been on we'll see more damage and loss of life than ever before . They sell the "extra" rebar and cement for the concrete mix right back to the suppliers and everyone gets a cut .

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Bridges (thinking of Minnesota) and over passes do collapse.
I think the reasons are different for each occasion.
Shoddy work being at the top of the list, earthquakes,
and yes even pole shift. I hope we don't start seeing
an increase in this - there is enough going on already.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
or it could be that people in china, cut corners when building things, and these sort of events seem to be a regular occurrence in countries like china, india, brazil etc..

Not trying to be funny but now I wonder about all those nice new shiny and mostly empty office towers. I wonder if they'll hold up once they start filling up....?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by G.A.G.

Similar reason.

See the following: sitemaker.umich.edu...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Dang. It looks like that just sheared right off. Where are the reinforcing beams/rebar? Were there any earthquakes in the area at the time?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join