It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Motorway Collapses

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

Oh, I agree this is indeed the end result of shoddy workmanship but I also agree our planet is under a tremendous amount of stress and disharmony right now that might abet shoddy workmanship too.

It's hard to imagine a bridge just collapsing without perhaps some additional help. Like, the earth quaking a bit.
How do we know there wasn't an earthquake or tremor? I haven't even checked out RSOE.
And even if there wasn't....this is still hard to accept at face value.
Not now. Not with so much happening.
Maybe 2 years ago I wouldn't have thought too much.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The point I would like to make here is that the images you see in this thread are going to become more commonplace.
They will soon be the norm, not the exception.

I showed these pics to my wife and asked her what this reminded her of.
She said "That Movie 2012"
The problem is this isn't a movie. We can go back and forth all day long about the cause but i think the underlying point is being missed. These types of images that have been burned into our brains by Hollywood have jumped off of the screen and are now going to be a part of our daily lives.
Keep this in mind everyday when you wake up to the latest "EVENT". Look at it from MY perspective.
Ask yourself, Where have I seen this before? I'll bet the answer you come back with is
a Hollywood movie.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Screwed because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Maybe some watch too much TV and or Movies.

Being a native Californian I was thinking of this from the 80s
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a7f5d0d78d4.jpg[/atsimg]October 17 – The Great Quake of ’89

October 17, 1989 at 5:04 pm was a time that I will never forget. With no exaggeration, I thought that was going to be the last day of my life. That was the day of the Great Quake of ’89, or as it is formally known as – the Loma Prieta earthquake. Or if I mention it these days, I say that is the earthquake that happened during the World Series, and then it rings a bell to people who lived outside of California’s Bay Area.

This past October 17 was the 21st anniversary of the earthquake. It was on a Tuesday that year. At the time, I was working at the Oakland Naval Hospital as a cook. My hours were 4:30am-6:30pm. I was looking forward to watching game 3 of the World Series after work. It was a huge deal in that area as both teams were local – the San Francisco Giants and the Oakland A’s.

Rotting infrastructure?

edit on 22-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There seems to have been at least two semi-minor/major earthquakes not too far from Zhejiang Province in the past days ranging from 4.7 to 5.7
So, is that related? I have a hard time saying 'no'.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And not for nothin' but I find this too, very strange (which I made a thread on but too lazy to find it)

Florida State lawmakers to vote on elimination of sinkhole coverage
www.abcactionnews.com...

Now, I think this is two-fold. One fold: There are a LOT of reported sink holes in the past year (key word: "reported") and the other 'fold' is: the insurance companies are Global opportunists who hike up premiums because....they might be able to get away with it!

This happened after a slew of hurricanes down here in 2005. Our homeowner insurance sky rocketed.

We've been hurricane-less for 6 years now but still paying higher homeowner insurance because of 2005 (and higher electric bills so to help them recoup the monies spent in restoring electrical poles six years ago!)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

HAHAHA...maybe the 2012 movie was closer to the truth than we all expected...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have to agree with the other posters saying dodgy building practices.
They dont have the rules we have in the UK....so i doubt there standards are up there with the USA either.
We have tons of regulations over here when you decide to build anything. Foundations of an extension have to be passed by 2 sets of people...then every stage through the work your inspected...to make sure your following building regs.

Its the same with major construction

Pure weight of traffic would be enough to dislodge a shoddy built bridge...they are all built in sections so they all have weaknesses.
Could have used a bad mix of concrete, or maybe even the steel was sub-standard.
I would not blame this on anything else other than poor workmanship and poor materials

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join