It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Naval Vessels Enter Suez Canal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by quackers

You misread my pool cue analogy, it was going to be you with the pool cue in the street. Otherwise I agree that if you threaten me, then you lose the right to walk down a public street near my house. Actually, you have the right, but you must accept the consequences.

Whether I threaten you or not makes no difference. You are still in the wrong are you would be the one who would be committing the crime. If you are willing to become a criminal for the sake of a few words, well, says it all really doesn't it.

And, as for Iran shooting down an aircraft in International Air Space, don't be so quick to assume. I didn't say "Iranian airspace," I said "in range of something important." If a quasi-military style craft approaches in International Air space, after Israel makes a threats, and it gets close enough to be within range to do damage, I would support Iran shooting it down. I would also support Iran buying Chinese weapons to shoot down spy satellites. I believe everyone has a right to defend themselves aggressively.

Defend themselves, yes. But what you are suggesting Israel should be allowed to do is far from a defensive measure.

And no, I am not trigger happy, I have been carrying a gun for almost 20 years and I have never felt the need to pull it out yet.

Well lets just hope soemeone doesn't go saying the wrong thing then eh?

It is not "trigger happy" to take someone at their word when they threaten you. It is prudent and logical to take them at their word and respond accordingly.

Um, no, its called a kneejerk reaction at best, at wort its a lame excuse to act the big man. Either way, you're in the wrong.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

So words make no difference?

I wish that were true, but it just isn't.

Suppose I call in to a police station, a radio show, or my doctor's office and I say I am going to kill my boss, and nobody does anything about it. Then, I go kill my boss. How many people will be sued and found complicit in the murder? Probably all of them, because they didn't take my words seriously enough.

And, crimes are relative. Yes, I am perfectly willing to become a criminal (in your eyes) to defend myself or my family. I don't think the majority of the people in the world would see my actions as criminal if I go beat up a peeping tom in a tree across the street from my house, or if I forcibly remove someone threatening me from public property. If they do see it as a crime, so be it, I will still sleep well at night.

You seem to be really hung up on this whole "international waters" thing. The Cuban Missile Crisis happened in a sovereign country! It wasn't even in International Waters, and the US was willing to go bomb Cuba and spark a war with Russia. Russia's threats to our Polish Missile Shield was an identical situation in reverse.

I'm sorry, but a threat is a threat is a threat, no matter where it occurs.
edit on 22-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is obviously just saber-rattling by Iran....That or they are trying to cut down on fuel costs LOL! (Minus the cost 300k! for passage! Crazy.)

Personally, if I was Israel, I wouldn't care about the frigate and supply vessel because I'm the one with the nuclear weapons and other stockpiles of US weaponry including fighters. On the opposite hand, if I was Iran I would want to maybe keep Israel on there toes and throw them off their game by passing ships through a route that I haven't used since '79 ... It's actually a good move on Iran's part. Israel on the other hand has to keep a steady hand and not show any wavering.
edit on 22-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added + structure

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by SirMike
Lets hope the Israeli's do the right thing and put these ships on the bottom of the Mediterranean.

Why would that be the right thing, because the Iranian Navy is prone to shooting up and pirating international aide ships?

Oh wait that's the Israeli navy that does that.

My bad.

Sorry to bust your bubble brother, but the Israelis were 100% entitled to board and search the Mavi Marmara; and to defend themselves when they were attacked. Watch this video I made that proves the intent of the "aide workers" onboard was anything but peaceful. (Yes, that is ME starring as the "Taking Head.")

Concerning the OP, you are aware that the UN has imposed a weapons embargo on Iranian shipping are you not? What would you say if the Iranian cargo ship is boarded, searched, and found to have long-range missiles intended for Hezbollah which they would use to attack Israeli civilians? (BTW, these weapons are what intelligence indicates the ship is carrying.)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are strarting to get close to wanting to persecute, prosecute people of thought crimes.

Talk is cheap and generally for lovers.

People say things in the heat of the moment that they often regret having said later, because most people are not in control of their emotions to the extent that it would really serve them to be.

Posturing is great, but it's the guy who walks and talks softly and carries a big stick I would keep an eye on, and not the blow hards and primpers and posers.

Still waters run deep, those are the ones that will drown you, and danger often lurks where you least expect it.

Personally between the two I pull for Iran for one very simple reason, Iranian restaurant owners tend to come off free food for the White Anglo Saxon Protestant Customer who says....yeah, go Iran, while Jewish Restaurant Owners tend to just say that will be 10.95 please when you say go Israel.

What can I say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It is more true than not. I'm willing to bet that the number of times people talk big and never follow through far outnumber the times when they actually do follow through. That being the case, it's almost always just talk. Acting upon talk has gotten many people in a lot of trouble because despite how justified they felt they were, they were simply in the wrong. But whatever, play the vigilante.

I'm not hung up on the international waters thing. Thats the difference between you and I. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and let them go about their business. If they decide they want to cause trouble then they deserve whatever they get. You just want to provoke trouble whilst defending the criminal behavior of a State that seems to be able to do whatever it wants without recourse. But then that's no surprise given your own attitude to such things. Two peas in a pod.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

My buble is doing just fine, and no I disagree and so do the vast majority of people in regards to the obscene, vile and murderous act of Israeli Storm Troopers.

Next you will say the Israelis were right in running over a poor 19 year old girl from New Jersey with a Bull Dozer crushing her to death, Rachel Corrie the namesake of the ill fated aide ship that was just as brave and stoic in the face of the Zionist Fascist Criminal Regime and it's mindless armed henchmen.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

My buble is doing just fine, and no I disagree and so do the vast majority of people in regards to the obscene, vile and murderous act of Israeli Storm Troopers.

Next you will say the Israelis were right in running over a poor 19 year old girl from New Jersey with a Bull Dozer crushing her to death, Rachel Corrie the namesake of the ill fated aide ship that was just as brave and stoic in the face of the Zionist Fascist Criminal Regime and it's mindless armed henchmen.

Since you obviously didn't watch the video (your post time stamp says you didn't have time before you replied) how can you make any intelligent comment on the contents of it? BTW, at the end I discussed Rachel Corrie and how Hamas and IHH used her for propaganda purposes, intentionally putting her in a deadly situation in the hopes that she would be killed.

I'm unlike ANY journalist you will ever meet. I don't serve anybody's agenda, only the truth. If the IDF commandos had murdered those people as some claim, I would have been all over them, exposing them just as I did the "activists." I don't care if you're a Jew, a Muslim, a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, or Atheist. You could dance naked around a bonfire and bark at the Moon for all I care, BUT: If you're a SCUMBAG - I'm takin' aim at you! (The "yous" were totally generic, and not aimed at you you.
)

I'm sure that you will agree that scumbags come in every size, shape, nationality, and religion. I brush all of that aside when I'm reporting the news, which is why I used interviews with the "activists" themselves in my video. I wanted to use their own words to prove that they lied about their intent to run the blockade. The activists themselves, the legal adviser for the group that sponsored the flotilla, and Hamas spokesmen all admitted - proudly - that MARTYRDOM was the main purpose for them running the blockade, and NOT humanitarian assistance.

The "humanitarian assistance" BTW, included gas masks, body armor, and metal tubes (construction equipment) which just happened to be the perfect diameter for mortar tubes. It also included medicine - 6 months out of date and totally useless. But the Israelis released the "aid" to the Palestinians anyway. Care to take a guess as to their reply?

"We don't want it."

That's right, Hamas refused to accept the "aid" that they so desperately needed,
which tells me they didn't really need it. Hamas is composed of thieves, liars, and murderers. They've killed more of their rivals in Fatah than they have Jews and they will do anything, manipulate any situation, kill whoever they feel would serve their cause, and routinely put naive do-gooders like Rachel Corrie in danger for the purposes of propaganda.

So why don't you watch my video before commenting; you might learn something. Or are you one of those who blame the Jews, or "Zionists", for all of the problems in the ME, while maintaining that the Muslims are all just poor, innocent, people suffering under the heel of Nazi-like IDF oppression?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Since I was around and followed events closely during the murderous attack on the Rachel Corrie and during Rachel Corrie's murder I am doing just fine with out Tel Aviv's latest YouTube efforts thank you very much.

Sure I can appreciate the political stance of people who post such utter and disgusting tripe but running over a 19 year old girl with a bull dozer is running over a 19 year old girl with a bull dozer.

Attacking an international aide ship in the dead of the night in international waters, is attacking an international aide ship in the dead of the night in international waters.

Doesn't matter how people try to spin those things for political effect.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCorp

Since I was around and followed events closely during the murderous attack on the Rachel Corrie and during Rachel Corrie's murder I am doing just fine with out Tel Aviv's latest YouTube efforts thank you very much.

Sure I can appreciate the political stance of people who post such utter and disgusting tripe but running over a 19 year old girl with a bull dozer is running over a 19 year old girl with a bull dozer.

Attacking an international aide ship in the dead of the night in international waters, is attacking an international aide ship in the dead of the night in international waters.

Doesn't matter how people try to spin those things for political effect.

Thanks!

So what it boils down to, is you don't want to discuss the facts, because doing so would prove your position to be born of nothing but BS. Cool, gotcha. You just hang on to that racism, I'm sure it will serve you well.

Just FYI, I'm not Jewish and I have no connection whatsoever to Tel Aviv.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
the islamic crisis could really distabilize the middle east region and Iran provocations could spark wars.

Why the united nation don't do anything to calm down this crisis

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Are you religious?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

My friend saying that something is a fact, and it being a fact are two different things.

By the way, the United States Government recently got busted at smugling a bunch of off the books military equipment into Argentina that also included expired medicine.

I think the most sinister thing there is tax write offs from the pharmacutical companies donating it.

Gas masks are used by painters, fireman, pot heads, bdsm freaks, and other professionals, so that's about as sinister as a guppie.

Metal tubes! Oh boy!

Come on man.

Why would Hamas not accept the aide once intercepted by Israelis? Things like GPS tracking devices and poison come to mind.

Now if you have that poor of a head for strategy my friend, you probably have a pretty poor head for facts too.

We won't know if Hamas would have accepted the aide unmollested by Israel or not, but it's all mute now.

I appreciate people are always looking for an opportunity to post this brand of propaganda, but the thread is really about Iranian Warships entering the Suez Canal.

My comments in relation to Israel where in response to some hawkish war mongerer wishing to see Israel place those ships at the bottom of the sea.

While you profess to be neutral your bias in fact shows so badly it's not funny, and no I wouldn't sully the name of Rachel Corrie who the only people who put her in harms way were the Israeli Soldiers that purposefully crushed her to death.

Please pimp the off topic nonsense elsewhere.

Thanks.
edit on 22/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by OldCorp

Isn't that what Jonathon Pollard stated?
Embarrising...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

Originally posted by OldCorp
reply to post by OldCorp

Isn't that what Jonathon Pollard stated?
Embarrising...

Have you ever noticed that the most flagrant posters of Israeli propaganda all tend to claim they are athiests?

The truth is when you watch some of those West Bank Settler videos in their religious attire toting their automatic weapons everywhere, with the long flowing beards, they look every bit as radical as the Taliban does.

Religious fundamentalism is probably the greatest challenge to a peaceful society, and not a religion seems to be innocent on that score.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think Israel will react to Iran provocation with war games to let iran know they will not tolerate such provocations. I think the UN should do something before it's to late.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mick1423
I think Israel will react to Iran provocation with war games to let iran know they will not tolerate such provocations. I think the UN should do something before it's to late.

It will be interesting to see if and how Israel postures after Iran picked up the gauntlet thrown down in regards to not going through the canal.

With the U.S. sure to veto any kind of U.N. response that does not favor Israel it's not likely the U.N. will get involved except in the most superficial way.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes, if they have a history of firing upon people there. (which they do.)

Man you ARE biased..
You say it's AOK for Israel to fly over another countries land as long as they don't fire???
Gimmie a break...Israel would shoot down an Iranian hang glider if it ventured into Israeli territory..
The attacked foreign ships in international waters for christ's sake !!

And you REFUSE to listen to anyone and stick to the "mistranslation" as your main excuse for Israel..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by OldCorp

Are you religious?

Yes. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that He sacrificed himself so that we could be saved, that He rose again and ascended to Heaven, where He is at the right hand of the Father preparing to return very soon.

How is that relevant to telling the truth? God doesn't like liars, be they Jewish, Muslim, or Christian; and He damn sure doesn't care for those who kill innocents in His name. I hold everybody to the same standard. IMO, if everyone was just honest with each other, a lot of the problems we currently face would be avoided, or easily worked out.

reply to post by OldCorp

I appreciate people are always looking for an opportunity to post this brand of propaganda, but the thread is really about Iranian Warships entering the Suez Canal.

Please pimp the off topic nonsense elsewhere.

Thanks.
edit on 22/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

I asked a question in response to the OP. You chose to ignore it.

Wanna try again?

Iran is banned by UN resolution from transporting weapons, especially to terrorist groups like it's Lebanese proxy Hezbollah. Intelligence indicates that the Iranian cargo ship is carrying long-range missiles destined for Hezbollah, to use against Israeli civilians.

So once they are in the Med, surrounded by the 6th Fleet
, what do you think the chances are that they will be boarded? What if these weapons are found? You gonna change your tune?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
To be quite honest the Isreali army will be on defcon iran,nukes to the ready,thats why they are remaining silent,silence before the storm.
Remeber these comments are fictious and any relation to reality do not represent the poster.copyright cccccwat happens !
By way of I am deadly serious ,battle of mageddo invasion from syria.Powderkeg escalating.
edit on 22-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join