It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Naval Vessels Enter Suez Canal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

They are one bunch of folks with a head/sphincter inversion problem though. Never seen folk so anxious to get killed.

Oh man thanks for that post it had me laughing my butt off. It reminded me of when another navy did that very same thing to our navy! Boy was that a hoot! Those crazy seaman, they love their games.

USS Liberty incident

The USS Liberty incident was an attack on a United States Navy technical research ship, USS Liberty, by Israeli Air Force jet fighter aircraft and Israeli Navy torpedo boats, on June 8, 1967, during the Six-Day War. The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members (naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and one civilian), wounded 170 crew members, and severely damaged the ship. At the time, the ship was in international waters north of the Sinai Peninsula, about 25.5 nmi (29.3 mi; 47.2 km) northwest from the Egyptian city of Arish. Both the Israeli and U.S. governments conducted inquiries and issued reports that concluded the attack was a mistake due to Israeli confusion about the identity of the USS Liberty. Some survivors, in addition to some U.S. diplomats and intelligence officials involved in the incident continue to dispute these official findings, saying the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty was not a mistake, and it remains "the only maritime incident in U.S. history where [U.S.] military forces were killed that was never investigated by the U.S. Congress."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by OldCorp

My buble is doing just fine, and no I disagree and so do the vast majority of people in regards to the obscene, vile and murderous act of Israeli Storm Troopers.

Next you will say the Israelis were right in running over a poor 19 year old girl from New Jersey with a Bull Dozer crushing her to death, Rachel Corrie the namesake of the ill fated aide ship that was just as brave and stoic in the face of the Zionist Fascist Criminal Regime and it's mindless armed henchmen.

Since you obviously didn't watch the video (your post time stamp says you didn't have time before you replied) how can you make any intelligent comment on the contents of it? BTW, at the end I discussed Rachel Corrie and how Hamas and IHH used her for propaganda purposes, intentionally putting her in a deadly situation in the hopes that she would be killed.

I'm unlike ANY journalist you will ever meet. I don't serve anybody's agenda, only the truth. If the IDF commandos had murdered those people as some claim, I would have been all over them, exposing them just as I did the "activists." I don't care if you're a Jew, a Muslim, a Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, or Atheist. You could dance naked around a bonfire and bark at the Moon for all I care, BUT: If you're a SCUMBAG - I'm takin' aim at you! (The "yous" were totally generic, and not aimed at you you.
)

I'm sure that you will agree that scumbags come in every size, shape, nationality, and religion. I brush all of that aside when I'm reporting the news, which is why I used interviews with the "activists" themselves in my video. I wanted to use their own words to prove that they lied about their intent to run the blockade. The activists themselves, the legal adviser for the group that sponsored the flotilla, and Hamas spokesmen all admitted - proudly - that MARTYRDOM was the main purpose for them running the blockade, and NOT humanitarian assistance.

The "humanitarian assistance" BTW, included gas masks, body armor, and metal tubes (construction equipment) which just happened to be the perfect diameter for mortar tubes. It also included medicine - 6 months out of date and totally useless. But the Israelis released the "aid" to the Palestinians anyway. Care to take a guess as to their reply?

"We don't want it."

That's right, Hamas refused to accept the "aid" that they so desperately needed,
which tells me they didn't really need it. Hamas is composed of thieves, liars, and murderers. They've killed more of their rivals in Fatah than they have Jews and they will do anything, manipulate any situation, kill whoever they feel would serve their cause, and routinely put naive do-gooders like Rachel Corrie in danger for the purposes of propaganda.

So why don't you watch my video before commenting; you might learn something. Or are you one of those who blame the Jews, or "Zionists", for all of the problems in the ME, while maintaining that the Muslims are all just poor, innocent, people suffering under the heel of Nazi-like IDF oppression?

What's your take on the Flotilla incident?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Really hope something hits the fan soon. Getting sick of listening on the radio "Libya protesters...", "Egypt protesters", "Students in London still pissed off at something"

I really would like to turn the radio on in the morning and hear "Israel acted on Iran's attempt to drop anchor off shore, President Obama to address the nation on U.S. interests in the region." and eventually "Fellow Americans yadda yadda lets blow some sh*t up because, frankly, I really f*&%$! the economy up. Have your draft cards ready and report Monday morning. Enjoy your weekend, peace out."

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

The Liberty was in the wrong place, wasn't monitoring the correct channel when inquiries were made, and it appears the result of a number of errors on both sides.

I've been shot at by our own helicopters, and they don't fly nearly so fast as do jets. I've had our own artillery explode within our small perimeter.

I hate the incident happened, but it appears one of those incidents where error, on top of mistake, on top of misunderstanding, on top of misidentification, on top of bad communications led to a disaster.

Had I not experienced it first hand, I'd be more skeptical.

But I know how in a shooting war, if you're not directly involved - best to stay the hell away.

Waaay away.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by jackflap

The Liberty was in the wrong place, wasn't monitoring the correct channel when inquiries were made, and it appears the result of a number of errors on both sides.
I've been shot at by our own helicopters, and they don't fly nearly so fast as do jets. I've had our own artillery explode within our small perimeter.
I hate the incident happened, but it appears one of those incidents where error, on top of mistake, on top of misunderstanding, on top of misidentification, on top of bad communications led to a disaster.
Had I not experienced it first hand, I'd be more skeptical.
But I know how in a shooting war, if you're not directly involved - best to stay the hell away.
Waaay away.

LMAO, yeah right..Tell that to the surviving crew..

The Liberty attack was anything but an accident..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I know you're not from the US, and this will be difficult to comprehend, based on other posts of yours, but willful ignorance is not a virtue.

I just know you were right there on the ship, and you have all this first-hand personal experience from which you base your certainty.

Or is that the Jew-hater in you coming out?

Answer me this one question: What was the advantage to the Israelis for doing this?

There was not ONE single benefit from this action. There was nothing whatsoever to gain from attacking a US ship. It was a complete disaster for Israel.

So please don't pretend you give a damn about the US sailors who died on that ship. You just like finding a US slop jar and stirring it with a stick.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher

I know you're not from the US, and this will be difficult to comprehend, based on other posts of yours, but willful ignorance is not a virtue.
I just know you were right there on the ship, and you have all this first-hand personal experience from which you base your certainty.
Or is that the Jew-hater in you coming out?
Answer me this one question: What was the advantage to the Israelis for doing this?
There was not ONE single benefit from this action. There was nothing whatsoever to gain from attacking a US ship. It was a complete disaster for Israel.
So please don't pretend you give a damn about the US sailors who died on that ship. You just like finding a US slop jar and stirring it with a stick.

lol, you're funny...
You do know the US carrier group actually launched armed bombers at Egypt..??
It was a False Flag attack to get the US to do Israel's dirty work as usual...

Now answer me one little question...
Why did the IDF blow the crap out of an unarmed ship instead of merely boarding her??

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Iranian Naval Vessels Enter Suez Canal

www.military.com

Israel has made clear it views the passage as a provocation, but Israeli officials had no immediate comment Tuesday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Israel is the one being Provokative in my opinion.

Any ship from any country is allowed to travel through international waters..!!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

[snip]

Let me see if I understand. The US launched a bombing attack on Egypt. Now where exactly were these targets, and what kind of battle damage assessments were made post-attack?

This is another concept that's probably not going anywhere with you, but I'll go ahead and see if any of this gets through - In a shooting war - bullets flying, aircraft bombing, dogfights, artillery duels, antiaircraft weapons firing, anti-aircraft missiles flying, jet fighter strafing runs, bombing runs, tank battles, gunboats at sea, CAP missions, triple fronts against superior forces - you know, a shooting war - things sometimes fall through the crack.

Mistakes are made. Fatigue and stress amplify mistakes. In fact, after a while, you'll shoot at just about anything that moves.

Now if you're NOT one of the combatants - and this is where it gets real tricky to understand - if you are NOT a participant or a shooter - then you stay well clear of the shooting.

Stray bullets, mistaken as a combatant - all kinds of things bad can happen to you.

You stay WELL clear, not snugged in between combatants.

You may be in the right, but a bullet, bomb, radar, or missile doesn't really give a damn.

edit on 26/2/11 by masqua because: Personal attack removed

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I understand from reading your posts that there's a high probability that you may have a learning disorder, and as much as I'd like to help and further your somewhat limited education, my time is limited and so I'll regretfully decline to do the research you can do yourself.

It's normaly the one that needs to resort to insults that have the learning disorder..
Real debate is simply to difficult for them...

I think you should run along and insult someone else, you usually do..

I've had enough of talking to your type...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I'll take that as a "NO" to doing some of your own meaningful research to actually get some facts on the erroneous statements you've made.

Look, don't be embarrassed.

Just try to learn a bit of your subject matter, and if it takes a while, then you'll be so much better for your effort.

Israel can handle anything Iran has, and that includes their "navy." Be interesting whether the US allows Israel to do things 'their way' or the US Navy gets in between and inspects the ships themselves.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

But I know how in a shooting war, if you're not directly involved - best to stay the hell away. Waaay away.

So am I to glean from your post that you were not supposed to be directly involved in whatever incidents you may be referring to and thereby were bombed and shot at? By the helicopters that fly so much slower then the jets that ran strafing run after strafing run on the USS Liberty that was clearly flying the American Flag? I see.

Now a good sea commander is able to create the circumstances whereby the opposing side make a mistake, causing the Iranian commander to react to a "perceived" attack, enabling opposing forces the opportunity to act in self-defense. Indirect tactics are as plentiful as stars in the sky. I can imagine the Iranian commander, already nervous with the sudden accompanying warships performing various random darts close in, and backing off, of crossing their line of approach making them alter course or speed, and after a while, it really gets nerve wracking.

Now here is a post that is supporting the idea of causing an accident like the one the USS Liberty mistakenly had done to her. I wonder if someone may have created similar circumstances for you and yours? It can get really nerve wracking.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I found this on goolgle that was posted 3 hours ago. It appears no attempt will be made to inspect either of the ships. interesting article.
What Cargo May Be Aboard Iranian Warships Transiting the Suez Canal? by By Victor Comras.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
I found this on goolgle that was posted 3 hours ago. It appears no attempt will be made to inspect either of the ships. interesting article.
What Cargo May Be Aboard Iranian Warships Transiting the Suez Canal? by By Victor Comras.

It's really a moot point when you consider a few facts about Israel and the US..

Fact: Israel gets most of it's weapons by way of sales and aid from the US..

Fact: The US has rules against giving said aid to ANY nuclear power not party to the NPT..

Fact: Israel's nuclear program and weapons are one of the world's worst kept secrets..

So basically the US turns a blind eye towards Israel so it can arm an undeclared nuclear nation..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Lets hope the Israeli's do the right thing and put these ships on the bottom of the Mediterranean.

Why would that be the right thing, because the Iranian Navy is prone to shooting up and pirating international aide ships?

Oh wait that's the Israeli navy that does that.

My bad.

awww your comments is filled with so much fact that its almost gonna make me cry, i suggest you educate yourself about those organizations and those ships and what really happened. EDUCATION is goooooooooood. makes people smart. when u educate yourself the world will become a better place. thats when u start to understand difference between things. As an Iranian myself, i hope israel puts these ship to sleep, however i would not like a ww3, but i'd like for someone to teach the iranian regime a proper lesson as they know nothing about humanity and has no respect for it.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Disregard this post completely misquoted, my bad.
edit on 23-2-2011 by trumpetthief1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmpxvx

Originally posted by SirMike
Lets hope the Israeli's do the right thing and put these ships on the bottom of the Mediterranean.

Why would that be the right thing, because the Iranian Navy is prone to shooting up and pirating international aide ships?

Oh wait that's the Israeli navy that does that.

My bad.

awww your comments is filled with so much fact that its almost gonna make me cry, i suggest you educate yourself about those organizations and those ships and what really happened. EDUCATION is goooooooooood. makes people smart. when u educate yourself the world will become a better place. thats when u start to understand difference between things. As an Iranian myself, i hope israel puts these ship to sleep, however i would not like a ww3, but i'd like for someone to teach the iranian regime a proper lesson as they know nothing about humanity and has no respect for it.

If you're referring to the Flotilla Incident, what do YOU think happened?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

The problem is nobody is scared of israel anymore. they can always try, but good luck

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I have to say that israel should not attack the iranian ships, the middle east is cnahging, if they do attack they will help the power at be in iran to stay in power, let them be, and let the youth of iran start a new revolution

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I never saw anything that I posted that I considered not logical in nature .... or maybe not natural. I thought I made a very logical point instead of trying to point out the "scary" points of this article! AKA WW3!!!! OMG THIS IS IT! ....... Think again.If there is to be a ww3 there will be a much more complicated state between countries. for those who actually want proof needs to be shown I actually pity those. Who actually WANTS WW3!
edit on 23-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added sp

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join