It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a possible USPS Alert...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by 1088no5

sure, i see the difference.

i still don't get why you wouldn't have started with local law enforcement. they are, literally, a 911 call away.

local le would have had a much better chance of successfully investigating your allegations, making an arrest (if necessary) and getting you your property back.

also, if there was some sort of "conspiracy" going on, they would have been less apt to have been corrupted by being an insider "investigating their own".

p.s. would you have really called the usps if you saw the post office guy stealing your bike?

edit on 22-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

Yes... I really would have called the USPS Inspector General had I caught one of their guys stealing my bike. Had I seen him pull a gun and shoot one of his patrons... then I would have called 911. See the difference???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
reply to post by 1088no5

Thank you 1088no5. Your story is crazy. I thought it would be a couple of minor mail issues, but I can now see why you feel the way you do. I suppose I would to if confronted by what you were. Highly suspicious and, as others have said, likely illegal activity involving collusion with a postal employee. Not sure how I would personally move forward, but I would also agree that getting local law enforcement involved along with the calls/complaints you have already made to the USPS.

Anyways, good luck and keep us posted on what else happens!

I certainly will keep you posted, Biggy... and thank you for your input. It is greatly appreciated!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1088no5

Originally posted by schuyler

I only write 4 (four) checks per month. Hardly worth what it would cost me to bank online. And if the Gov't shuts down the internet with their kill switch... how am I suppose to pay my bills???

I write about 4 checks per year. Most all my regular bills: electricity, phone, etc. are on auto-pay. No Internet required. I have to pay those bills anyway. I also use online bill pay. It costs NOTHING extra at all. I hardly think worrying about the government shutting down the Internet is sufficient reason to not use online bill pay. You can always revert if you need to.

Seems to me your making a mountain out of a molehiill and not utilizing the many options available to you. If you insist on painting yourself into a corner like this there's nothing we can do to help you.

A mole hill for you can be a MOUNTAIN for me because of my situation. And if this recent USPS foul-up is ORGANIZED, as I suspect, then you all can expect BIGGER things coming down very soon. That's why this is an ALERT thread.

Wow. How insightful! You're so fixated on the USPS that you are not addressing the solution. You don't need them. You suspect this is organized and something bigger is coming down? If you didn't use them, who cares? If the USPS decided, today, to never ever deliver to my house again, it wouldn't hurt me at all. The few things important that I still get through the mail could easily be diverted. These people are practically begging me to send email or online statements. You have several solutions. Pick one.

So what BIGGER things are coming down soon? Will they refuse to sell me a stamp? Will I get more junk mail? Will they stop delivering on Saturdays? Will they deliver even later in the day? Will they egg my house? What exactly are you ALERTing us to?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Had you read the thread... you'd have known that things actually ARE going down with the link I previously provided. Happy hunting.
edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: addition

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Had you read the thread... you'd have known that things actually ARE going down with the link I previously provided. Happy hunting.

In three pages you've provided exactly one link to a story about the USPS financial woes, which is common knowledge. If someone didn't know about this, they've had their head in the sand for the last few years. And I say, Big Deal! Don't you think, then, that if they do go down, completely, that it might be a good idea to find an alternative? I and others have given you several doors to go through to fix your small problem, yet you still insist on bumping your head against the wall. So suffer the consequences.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

what im seeing in your posts and in the way you address problems is what a lot of psychologists call 'either/or' thinking.

A false dilemma (also called false dichotomy, the either-or fallacy, fallacy of false choice, black and white thinking or the fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses) is a type of logical fallacy that involves a situation in which only two alternatives are considered, when in fact there are additional options.

Either / Or thinking errors

You have made it pretty clear that you will use the USPS for your bills and NOTHING ELSE to the exclusion of other options (i.e., computer payment) which would have most likely eliminated your problem.

Additionally, you indicated that you ONLY called, and would ONLY call, one potential avenue of support (USPS investigators) when an alleged illegality were done to you by a postal employee, and there were other, perhaps better options (i.e, local law enforcement) at your disposal.

In committing the either/or thinking error, you have let potential adversaries and foes obtain the both the tactical and strategic edge in your situation.

You have failed to realize that the best defense is using multiple (or combined) systems to subvert the power that others try to wield over you.

My hunch here is that this fallacy is pervasive throughout other aspects of your life.

Could this lie at the heart of why the USPS is spying on you?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

I live in England so I don't use USPS BUT saying that I had to send a letter to the Disabilities appeal board for my disabled 15 yr old last January.
My partner also sent a payment for overdue car tax in the same red post box.
We found out two weeks later that both hadn't been received, and that cost my child all her potential Disabilities payments. I have adrenal problems and it had cost me too much in mental energy to apply in the first place, let alone appeal. I had had 2 weeks to get an appeal in and I was on Holiday for most of the deadline. I wanted to send it registered but I had to get my partner to do it as I had a cold.
My Dad and my sister were both Postman/woman and I asked them how could it have happened, they didn't know.
I can't see how THEY could have done it but how did BOTH letters disappear?
I say that yes it does happen.
How I do not know!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

In three pages you've provided exactly one link to a story about the USPS financial woes, which is common knowledge. If someone didn't know about this, they've had their head in the sand for the last few years. And I say, Big Deal! Don't you think, then, that if they do go down, completely, that it might be a good idea to find an alternative? I and others have given you several doors to go through to fix your small problem, yet you still insist on bumping your head against the wall. So suffer the consequences.

Fixing my problem will cost me more money. I've already checked. So until USPS actually does shut down... it's going to be business as usual. I will continue to to support my carrier to the best of my ability... and I can only hope that they return the favor. And if they continue to mess with my mail... the only person, I promise you, who will "suffer the consequences" will be the carrier. Of this you can be sure. So much for bumping one's head against the wall. This is not a threat of violence on my part. This is a promise that I will use every means available to me to remove you from the Postal Service. Period. If I can't trust my mail carrier... then I can't trust anyone. It's that simple.
edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction and addition

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

Any thoughts or personal wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

There is a lot of personal wisdom from folks here on ATS that have "been there...done that" in situations like you describe.

Read carefully the posts offered to you at your request. Please do not resort to violence. Think "outside the box".

I see that you are a new member here at ATS. Knowing that, I will offer the following:

If you come here asking for advice or help, you will likely get it. Much of it will be very helpful. Some not so much.

Some will make you think more about yourself than perhaps you wanted.

Whatever the case, please don't expect to have a cheerleading section here all the time. People will call you out, and challenge you, if you are being goofy.

Good luck with your mail issues.

edit on 22-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Good luck with your mail issues.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to a positive outcome for all parties concerned.

Best Regards

edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Fixing my problem will cost me more money. I've already checked. So until USPS actually does shut down... it's going to be business as usual. I will continue to to support my carrier to the best of my ability... and if they continue to mess with my mail... the only person, I promise you, who will "suffer the consequences" will be the carrier. Of this you can be sure. So much for bumping one's head against the wall.

It shouldn't cost you more money. If you have a bank that charges for Bill Pay, change your bank. You obviously have Internet access, so there's no real reason you can't go there, even if it's direct to the company you want to use. The fact that you refuse to do that is nobody else's problem but yours.

Your attitude is provocative and, I think, full of mis-placed bravado. If you come across to postal authorities like you have here, totally belligerant with an absolute inflexibility to explore options, then I'm pretty sure they have you down as a nutcase. They may be overtly polite to you, but they will be rolling their eyes behind your back--for good reason. No postal employee is in any danger of a job-related action against them if it is you doing the complaining.

But your last sentence is disturbing. It appears to be threatening. Are you intending to Go Postal here? I think maybe the best thing to do is capture this thread and send it to the USPS so that they might be forewarned of your threatening behavior. I don't know that they will be able to identify you, but we'll just let them worry about that. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You're pretty good at spending other people's money, aren't you? I read your responses and I visualize a saboteur looking over my shoulder looking for ways to stimulate the economy by undermining my life.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yea, Please don't pay online unless your real, real good at keeping your computer hack proof....My sister was paying online till the bank called here one day and told her she didn't have any funds left to cover a $735.00 check.She said, that's impossible. U have over $7,500.00 in the bank. They said, not anymore as you used it buying furniture from Israel....So, someone hacked into her computer and got you checking account number and stuff and took all the money she had..Finally, about 3-5 days later, the bank finally put the money (yea, right, money) back into her account...But, just goes to show you computers are not hack proof....Best just to pay by USPS Priority Mail, I guess....

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Yea, Please don't pay online unless your real, real good at keeping your computer hack proof....My sister was paying online till the bank called here one day and told her she didn't have any funds left to cover a $735.00 check.She said, that's impossible. U have over $7,500.00 in the bank. They said, not anymore as you used it buying furniture from Israel....So, someone hacked into her computer and got you checking account number and stuff and took all the money she had..Finally, about 3-5 days later, the bank finally put the money (yea, right, money) back into her account...But, just goes to show you computers are not hack proof....Best just to pay by USPS Priority Mail, I guess....

Netflix is gonna LOVE you. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You're pretty good at spending other people's money, aren't you? I read your responses and I visualize a saboteur looking over my shoulder looking for ways to stimulate the economy by undermining my life.

If you're spending money for the things I suggested then I suspect someone other than the USPS is already ripping you off big time. But like I said before, it's nobody's problem but yours. You haven't really demonstrated much of a case here. But you did peg me. I'm a disinfo agent working for the USPS and assigned to make your life miserable and watch over this thread in case you mess up and, you know, threaten someone. But I just had to confess because I couldn't take it any more.

In every USPS Terminal Annex (the big regional warehouse where your mail goes to be sorted) there is a sceret passageway near the ceiling with what looks like vent holes of an HVAC system. They are actually cubby holes used by Postal Inspectors to spy on employees and "ensure" they weren't stealing mail. They would do things like plant $400 loose in an envelope and see if someone were tempted. But a lot of the inspectors used to smoke, so you could tell they were there because the smoke came out of the vents.

Well, this is the smoke. I was a 'Postal Assistant" (lowest of the low) for a few months in 1967, before they recruited me into the postal saboteur unit, I mean. Newman and me, we were tight. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

If you're spending money for the things I suggested then I suspect someone other than the USPS is already ripping you off big time. But like I said before, it's nobody's problem but yours. You haven't really demonstrated much of a case here. But you did peg me. I'm a disinfo agent working for the USPS and assigned to make your life miserable and watch over this thread in case you mess up and, you know, threaten someone. But I just had to confess because I couldn't take it any more.

In every USPS Terminal Annex (the big regional warehouse where your mail goes to be sorted) there is a sceret passageway near the ceiling with what looks like vent holes of an HVAC system. They are actually cubby holes used by Postal Inspectors to spy on employees and "ensure" they weren't stealing mail. They would do things like plant $400 loose in an envelope and see if someone were tempted. But a lot of the inspectors used to smoke, so you could tell they were there because the smoke came out of the vents.

Well, this is the smoke. I was a 'Postal Assistant" (lowest of the low) for a few months in 1967, before they recruited me into the postal saboteur unit, I mean. Newman and me, we were tight. Cheers.

Ahhhhhh. Apparently this is a heads ups of things to come. I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck prickle up already. Give my regards to Newman. Ditto on the CHEERS.

BTW... Newman wouldn't be the Ya-Hoo who diverted my luggage to Shanghai during the last trip to Phoenix??? I believe that UNION comes under Baggage Handlers. Kind Regards.
edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

BTW... Newman wouldn't be the Ya-Hoo who diverted my luggage to Shanghai during the last trip to Phoenix??

Not unless you mailed your luggage.
Actually, (yeah, OK. This is off topic but may be of interest since it is generically the same kind of issue) I learned an interesting statistic last time I was overseas when I had a hard time believing my luggage actually got there: Here to Detroit to New York to Cairo) . The claim is that 90% of all mis-directed luggage has been sent to the place the luggage tags said to send them. Then I looked at my luggage and there were barcodes all over the place, including little tiny ones. Lesson: Rip them all off!

BTW, there are all sorts of non-conspiracy reasons why the mail doesn't make it through. I used to run the cancelling machine for all the 983 and 984 zip codes every weekend. The whole job was mine. People put stupid things in envelopes, like coins and even bullets. I found a .22 shell once. It jammed the machine. The letters go through there at 600 per minute. If one jams the others keep coming until you have a letter explosion. (That bullet could have gone off.) Of course the machine shuts itself off, but the damage to the letters is done. You're lucky if you can piece them back together again. It can be like putting body parts back together after a suicide bomber.

The volume at a terminal annex is so mind boggling you would have a hard time believing it. One annex serves a core city and an outlying area. 984 is Tacoma. 983 is "associated" with Tacoma and includes every city and place in the entire Olympic Peninsula and the outlying areas of Tacoma. Seattle is the same way. 981 is Seattle and 980 is the outlying areas. ALL the mail goes through the annex, even if you mail a letter to your nextdoor neighbor. It ALL gets dumped into a 'pot' and sorted back out. If you mail a letter from a 981 zipcode to a 983 zip code, which is ten miles away over a zipcode border, that letter goes from 981 to the 981/980 terminal annex, gets bundled with all the other 983/984 mail and travels to the Tacoma terminal annex, and then gets sorted there to, say Port Angeles at the northern tip of the state, a 983 zipcode, and gets delivered the next day, 99.999% of the time. It's amazing how accurate it normally is. Obviously there has to be a margin for error. If it's intentional, that sucks, but normally, it's, well, normal.

edit on 2/22/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to respond, schuyler. I truly appreciate your input. In fact THANK YOU to everyone who shared their personal experiences and also offered input.
Time for me to close up shop for the evening. Catch you guys tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

Give your mail to your neighbor and explain that it was mistakenly put in your mailbox. If it happens again,
do the same, and suggest your neighbor mentions it to the postal delivery worker. In the meantime,if your
payment to utility does not go through, call them, explain the situation, cancel original payment, and pay
a new payment over the phone. You may want to use a different post office for a while. Just remember, the
USPS is in financial trouble, and the workers are sure to be under a lot of pressure. It could be an honest
mistake on their part.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't know where the many posters live who state they pay their bills online for free. I've seen my wife pays fees for the 'convenience' of online payment; I tell her not to do it. Some creditors in specific (credit card companies) hit us with a $15.00 fee. I don't get it. Online payment should have almost no overhead attached. FYI: we have good credit, paid off the house & many cars over the years, so it's not because we are credit risks.

Like the OP I too mail many things, parcels included. Although friendly, the piggly little clerk lady bends over backwards to make sure I pay every additional fee they can possibly apply. She doesn't have much Authority but she wields what she has like a lead-filled club.

I've learned the hard way that the USPS will gladly sell you Insurance because they refuse to pay on most claims. No matter how experienced you are or how well you pack a carton, anything shy of custom blown-injection foam padding 3" thick is considered insufficient and thus not their fault. It does not matter that the carton shows obvious signs of mis-handling, abuse or accident. They are the Post Office, and they don't give a damn.

I've kept a PO Box in my life for over 30 years. I receive incorrect mail every month. Which means other people sometimes get my mail. Hopefully they throw it back in the slot for re-delivery.

I've had theft problems which I documented, and left information for the local Post Master. There was no follow through. Can't say I expected much. The guy in charge of our USPS is easily 450lbs; I don't expect him to be working real hard. I've seen him parked on the street...mail carriers are sometimes observed to make sure their routes are being delivered efficiently. 450-on-the-hoof was asleep in the car, the mail carrier long gone.

Bottom line: Post Office workers are just people. They do the same boring, mind-numbing tasks day after day. I've made mistakes, they make them too. Such is life. Mailing a bill or letter is still a bargain.

I would advise the OP to mail from another Post Office. Every town has one. Fun Fact: I use to work in zip code 07470 (Wayne, NJ) - one of only 2 or 3 anagram number (same forwards or backwards) zip codes in America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join