It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a possible USPS Alert...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by peachie600
Helped out....lol
all routes are immediately adjusted by computers...
Yes machinery sorts the mail ......and now I walk 7 hours in 20inches of snow instead of 6 generally making that a 12 hour day
Honestly......you guys have no idea
Almost all new people quit....even in the current no jobs environment
Newbies work full 60 hour weeks,,,,mandatory for around at least 5 years

I DO have half an idea what carriers have to endure in my area. Believe me. Treacherous ICE and blowing snow in sub-zero weather is just ONE problem... and this year it has been REALLY REALLY bad. I work hard clearing the way for these people so that they can do their job as effortlessly as possible... and so do my neighbors. And for these USPS people to victimize/abuse their patrons... as I suspect is going on... will only prove to further undermine the system. This may even be another ploy to justify another rate hike.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by 1088no5
I only write 4 (four) checks per month. Hardly worth what it would cost me to bank online. And if the Gov't shuts down the internet with their kill switch... how am I suppose to pay my bills???

I write about 4 checks per year. Most all my regular bills: electricity, phone, etc. are on auto-pay. No Internet required. I have to pay those bills anyway. I also use online bill pay. It costs NOTHING extra at all. I hardly think worrying about the government shutting down the Internet is sufficient reason to not use online bill pay. You can always revert if you need to.

Seems to me your making a mountain out of a molehiill and not utilizing the many options available to you. If you insist on painting yourself into a corner like this there's nothing we can do to help you.

A mole hill for you can be a MOUNTAIN for me because of my situation. And if this recent USPS foul-up is ORGANIZED, as I suspect, then you all can expect BIGGER things coming down very soon. That's why this is an ALERT thread.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Yes. Did you know Postal workers get to work very early to sort out mail ONE-by ONE and ADDRESS-by ADDRESS? And they have to then go out and deliver them all correctly. And then...some days when they get back to the post...their mgrs tell them they now have to go and do one or MORE routes that ARENT theirs? Some mixups are bound to happen and I think youre looking at a bad can of soup... out billions of cans.

So give them a break. There is no conspiracy against you. Overworked postal carriers...yes, perhaps. And all of your bill companies will credit and adjust your late payments everytime.

There are estimated TRILLION..yes TRILLIONS of pieces of mail, ads, flyers etc sent round the world EVERY DAY. And you think their is a conspiracy against you? They work very, very, very hard and get most EVERYTHING on average right...so cut them slack...and forget about someone in a dark office looking to conspire against you. JUST You...for complaining.....nope.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: just because

Which is why we have sorting machines and THOUSANDS of Post Offices and MILLIONS of carriers to handle the job. Yes/no???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Write to the Post Office Inspector General notifying them of mail theft/undelivered letters.

If he gets enough complaints about Post Office X, he may find your crook.

Go pay your bill, then inform both your bank and the business you are cancelling that lost check/payment which was lost by USPS.

I'm going to give it a couple more days... afterwhich I will be forced to contact the inspector general if the problem hasn't been resolved. Sigh. This # sure gets old... yannow???

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

Well now...in reality, they make decent $$ but work, walk and drive for every bit of it. Had a friend and his wife: both postal workers. I have a part time employee now: Postal worker on midnights sorting...and in fact, I lost a friend at 39 yrs of age...a postal worker who died in his uniform.

I just couldnt believe how much sorting and walking and doing double duty that they do...no wonder a few things mess up. Overall and on a daily basis/average...thats not too bad, you know?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by peachie600

Hey there! Hi ya Peachie. Thanks for all you do. Its pretty much a thankless job. Some of us understand and really appreciate your service to us all!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

We DO have THOUSANDS of Post Offices? And MILLIONS of carriers? What country do you live in? Check the statistics and post (pun intended) the links for us all.

People will argue about anything...jeez, just show those "millions" of carriers some respect at least

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by 1088no5

We DO have THOUSANDS of Post Offices? And MILLIONS of carriers? What country do you live in? Check the statistics and post (pun intended) the links for us all.

People will argue about anything...jeez, just show those "millions" of carriers some respect at least

Well... we did. Not sure about that anymore. Do you suppose I just revealed the motive for my current USPS dilemma???

And as soon as I can locate some current statistics that haven't been yanked (none to be had at the moment) I'll be sure and post them.
edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: addition

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
OP, you have laid out the claim that the post office is acting in a nefarious way or not entirely on the "up and up" towards you. Can I ask to what end? What could the USPS possibly want from you or want you to do on behalf of them? What is the reasoning behind your paranoia regarding the USPS? Is it because they have mis-delivered and lost parcels and envelopes of yours previously?

I am not trying to question your beliefs here OP, I just want to understand what you feel are the motivations behind this and why those motivations should be considered valid.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
My mother mailed a lousy ten dollar, only, bill payment (it was a money order or a check) and the thing was NEVER recieved by the addressee. I sent out a PRIORITY parcel to my mother, paid six dollars, IT TOOK 6 MONTHS for her to finally recieve it, From one town to another town, in-------THE SAME STATE!
Someone previous said the USPS is a dying relic. That is TRUE, and that is why they are STEALING.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggyMcBigPants
OP, you have laid out the claim that the post office is acting in a nefarious way or not entirely on the "up and up" towards you. Can I ask to what end? What could the USPS possibly want from you or want you to do on behalf of them? What is the reasoning behind your paranoia regarding the USPS? Is it because they have mis-delivered and lost parcels and envelopes of yours previously?

I am not trying to question your beliefs here OP, I just want to understand what you feel are the motivations behind this and why those motivations should be considered valid.

Back in Dec 2004 I actually caught my carrier red handed passing my out-going mail to another tenant. When I saw what he did, I ran out of my apartment and confronted him. He flat out denied any wrong doing and proceeded to drive away. I immediately went to the other tenant's apt. and knocked on the door. The other tenant said, "Come in..."

And there he sat at a kitchen table located in the middle of his living room. There was no other furniture in the apartment... and there was what looked like radio electronics equipment lining the entire back wall. There was a copier/fax to his left sitting on the table. There were hundreds of pieces of mail piled in a big heap in the middle of the table... and as I approached this guy I could see that he was holding my out-going mail in his hand... which was still bound by the rubberband before being put it into the out-going box. I explained to this guy what I witnessed then proceeded to ask this NEW TENANT for my mail back... then turned to leave. And guess who knocks on the door just as I'm leaving? Snort! My mail carrier. Apparently he had second thoughts. He proceeded to yank MY OUT-GOING MAIL right out of my hand... gave me a dirty look... turned and went back to his vehicle and drove off for a second time. I turned him in. Wouldn't you???

Shortly thereafter this NEW TENANT moved out... taking all of his electronics equipment with him (I smelled a political spy ring) and my mail carrier was moved elsewhere. As it stands... I've been somewhat problem free from USPS "mishaps" until recently.
edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

very interesting...

did you immediately call the police and report the obviously illegal behavior you witnessed?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

Any thoughts or personal wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

I watched enough Seinfeld to know that you don't mess with the Post Office!!

Seriously though, taking on the USPS is no different than taking on our thug government.
Good luck!

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

I'm not sure I can offer advice, but I can tell you that retaliation definitely happens... but you probably already know that.

My aunt once filed a complaint about our delivery person because of the way our mail was being handled. She lives across the road from me. We're in a very rural area. Anyway, our mail was being put in the wrong boxes, sometimes found laying on the side of the road. I remember my grandmother's SSI check was found in the road once, by neighbors. This was before direct deposit. Thankfully our neighbor was kind and brought it to her. Anyway, packages wouldn't be brought to the door or taken back to the post office to be picked up. They would either be left beside of the mailbox, on the side of the road, or once I even found one in the middle of an open field in front of my house!

Anyway, my aunt complained and it wasn't too long before she checked her mail one day and found that the mail carrier had practically disposed of the trash from his vehicle in her mailbox and wrapped it all up in about a hundred rubber bands. Sooo, she complained again.
Wasn't too long before we got a new mail carrier.

I'd definitely watch your bank account just to make sure it wasn't your utility company that messed up, but retaliation from USPS really wouldn't surprise me.

Oh, and another thing... I'm sure not all post offices are like mine, but during the winter, our carrier runs when she wants. And I'm not kidding! She usually will only skip one day at a time, but has been known to skip more than one day a week. Most of the people who live around me are family and friends... we know nearly everyone out here, so it's easy to confirm that the mail didn't run as to it only being us not getting mail. I don't know how the lady gets away with it, but it happens and it happens fairly often.
edit on 2/22/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by 1088no5

very interesting...

did you immediately call the police and report the obviously illegal behavior you witnessed?

I guess I'm kinda curious as to why you feel calling the local LE was in order??? I immediately called the USPS Inspector General and explained what happened and asked for their advice. A short time later I got a call from an investigator and gave my testimony over the phone.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

Back in Dec 2004 I actually caught my carrier red handed passing my out-going mail to another tenant. When I saw what he did, I ran out of my apartment and confronted him. He flat out denied any wrong doing and proceeded to drive away. I immediately went to the other tenant's apt. and knocked on the door. The other tenant said, "Come in..."

And there he sat at a kitchen table located in the middle of his living room. There was no other furniture in the apartment... and there was what looked like radio electronics equipment lining the entire back wall. There was a copier/fax to his left sitting on the table. There were hundreds of pieces of mail piled in a big heap in the middle of the table... and as I approached this guy I could see that he was holding my out-going mail in his hand... which was still bound by the rubberband before being put it into the out-going box. I explained to this guy what I witnessed then proceeded to ask this NEW TENANT for my mail back... then turned to leave.

And guess who knocks on the door just as I'm leaving? Snort! My mail carrier. Apparently he had second thoughts. He proceeded to yank MY OUT-GOING MAIL right out of my hand... gave me a dirty look... turned and went back to his vehicle and drove off for a second time. I turned him in. Wouldn't you??? Shortly thereafter this NEW TENANT moved out... taking all of his electronics equipment with him (I smelled a political spy ring) and my mail carrier was moved elsewhere.

per your story above: your property was witnessed by you being intentionally given to another person. both were apparently colluding in very suspicious, if not illegal, behavior. then your property (according to you) was again taken from you (i'm guessing against your will and by force) by an agent of the USPS.

you reportedly witnessed several potentially illegal acts, and you did not call the local police or sheriffs' office? Beggin' your pardon, but why would you call anyone else? would you have called the USPS if you saw me outside taking your bicycle from your front yard?

also, involving the local police would have involved a law enforcement agency other than that run by the post office, and it would have allowed you to obtain a copy of the police report document for future litigation.

edit on 22-2-2011 by MMPI2 because:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by 1088no5

And there he sat at a kitchen table located in the middle of his living room. There was no other furniture in the apartment... and there was what looked like radio electronics equipment lining the entire back wall. There was a copier/fax to his left sitting on the table. There were hundreds of pieces of mail piled in a big heap in the middle of the table... and as I approached this guy I could see that he was holding my out-going mail in his hand... which was still bound by the rubberband before being put it into the out-going box. I explained to this guy what I witnessed then proceeded to ask this NEW TENANT for my mail back... then turned to leave.

And guess who knocks on the door just as I'm leaving? Snort! My mail carrier. Apparently he had second thoughts. He proceeded to yank MY OUT-GOING MAIL right out of my hand... gave me a dirty look... turned and went back to his vehicle and drove off for a second time. I turned him in. Wouldn't you??? Shortly thereafter this NEW TENANT moved out... taking all of his electronics equipment with him (I smelled a political spy ring) and my mail carrier was moved elsewhere.

per your story above: your property was witnessed by you being intentionally given to another person. both were apparently colluding in very suspicious, if not illegal, behavior. then your property (according to you) was again taken from you (i'm guessing against your will and by force) by an agent of the USPS.

you reportedly witnessed several potentially illegal acts, and you did not call the local police or sheriffs' office? Beggin' your pardon, but why would you call anyone else? would you have called the USPS if you saw me outside taking your bicycle from your front yard?

also, involving the local police would have involved a law enforcement agency other than that run by the post office, and it would have allowed you to obtain a copy of the police report document for future litigation.

Had you been a USPS carrier stealing my bicycle from my front porch I would have done the same... called the Inspector General to report the carrier's unethical/illegal behavior. Let them handle their own. If a common civilian had stolen my bike... then I would have called the local LE. See the difference???

And just to add...

It's the Inspector General's job to bring in the local LE if they feel there is a need. Had I called LE... the entire community would have caught wind of what was going down... and the people involved would have been alerted. Plain and simple. Doing it my way made that prospect less likely.
edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: addition

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by peachie600
Mail Carrier here......16 years
No I highly...highly doubt they are retailiating against you
We just don't have the time or the energy
Almost ALL mail is sorted by machines now and MANY times the carrier is not your normal one and has no Idea who lives in the house or what a house number even is... unless it is properly marked. Please be sure to have your street number and ALL good names on your box. That might help.
My route has 850 stops and yes the previous poster is correct if needed I can be directly ordered to go back out onto the street to an area I've never even been before....in 20 inches of snow recently..
We run on NO TAX Dollars and indeed it is somewhat of a dinosaur
As you might imagine or have heard we aren't doing very well lately and all employees ARE pushed to their absolute limits. We are WAY understaffed.
Stuggling like most of the rest of the country.
Sometimes big storms can cause mail delays as all mail is on every fight at your local airport.
I can only hope that is where your payment is......in the end it will only get where it is supposed to go ......back to you or some piece of machinery unfortunately shredded it
The only three options.

Peachie is most definitely telling the truth about the realities of the USPS and the employees. I know this for a fact, Because my mother has been a mail carrier for about 15 years.

She is actually almost disabled as her knees are blown out. Prior to that she had a herniated disc In her back that she has been living with. Despite this she walks her route every single day. Many days she gets her route done, only to have to go back out and finish somebody elses or run collections.

The mail carriers are timed now electronically when running collections, If I remember right. Which means the Post Office can now tell you how long it should take you to get done. If you are 1 min late,(I am not joking about this) they will chew the mail carrier out. It doesn't matter if there was a traffic accident, bad weather, or anything else that may slow one down. It is considered unacceptable.

Post offices "Everywhere" are extremely short staffed. That just makes The carriers job that much harder. Believe me they earn their money.

My mother is just hoping to make it to retirement. In fact I believe they even made the age of retirement alot later than what it used to be. Now there is talk about offices closing and layoffs within the USPS. She may never get to see her retirement after her many years of service out in the elements.

Those of you who say nobody needs the mail carriers anymore....I have this to say to you...

Before there was email, there was a mail carrier. If there is a day that the internet comes to a halt, so is your means of paying youur bills.

Every year mails carriers, while delivering the mail and doing their jons, on top of all that, also participate in a food drive. Physically collecting canned goods and non perishable items for those who need it most.
Since when does you email service provider ever came to your door and done that?

Mail carriers have also been at the right place at the right times and have saved many, many lives. Especially the older generation. They are the ones that see your mom, dad, loved ones on a daily basis. If something doesnt seem right, mail piles up in mailbox, they contact the authorites and send someone to investigate.

My mother has saved a ladys life that had fallen and couldnt get up in her home. She was there for three days before she recieved help. If my mother didnt see that something wassnt right, the lady may have died from her injuries or starvation.

Another thing to think about. How nice is it nowadays to get a personal letter, Birthday card, invitation or anything like that in your homes mailbox? Sometimes seeing something like that can change your day in an instant.

That is something you cannot get via email. I think a hand written note/letter is much nicer.

You never have to worry that somebody will hack into your account and steal your personal information as easily. You never have to worry about identity theft like you do conducting your business over the internet.

The USPS may have it's drawbacks at times, But don't forget the security it as well give you.
Next time you see your mailman or mail woman, Thank them for all the work they do do for you.
edit on 22-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

sure, i see the difference.

i still don't get why you wouldn't have started with local law enforcement. they are, literally, a 911 call away.

local le would have had a much better chance of successfully investigating your allegations, making an arrest (if necessary) and getting you your property back.

also, if there was some sort of "conspiracy" going on, they would have been less apt to have been corrupted by being an insider "investigating their own".

p.s. would you have really called the usps if you saw the post office guy stealing your bike?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

Thank you 1088no5. Your story is crazy. I thought it would be a couple of minor mail issues, but I can now see why you feel the way you do. I suppose I would to if confronted by what you were. Highly suspicious and, as others have said, likely illegal activity involving collusion with a postal employee. Not sure how I would personally move forward, but I would also agree that getting local law enforcement involved along with the calls/complaints you have already made to the USPS.

Anyways, good luck and keep us posted on what else happens!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join