It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a possible USPS Alert...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I have had several bad experiences over the years with the USPS... and am currently involved in another minor complaint. After filing this minor complaint on Feb 13th online... it appears that yet another incident is currently going down as we speak. I suspect in RETALIATION... but then again... it could just be some anonymous individual laying the groundwork for something BIGGER and more complicated that will soon involve MANY at USPS.

I am spooked... and I'm getting the feeling AGAIN that someone higher up is trying to provoke something MAJOR here.

A recent payment sent to my local electric company has not yet been received and accounted for. In other words... it appears to have been lost in transit. Today is day 5 if you count Saturday as a business day... not excluding the Monday Holiday. And I would like to state... that I suspect (greatly FEAR based on past experiences) that this now missing payment is in retaliation for filing the recent complaint. Also, after filing the complaint, I have received my neighbor's mail in my box. This is not unusual... but seems to be just another problem in a long string of problems that I now see as a possible red flag that's tied in with this other USPS complaint business. Any thoughts or personal wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yes. Did you know Postal workers get to work very early to sort out mail ONE-by ONE and ADDRESS-by ADDRESS? And they have to then go out and deliver them all correctly. And then...some days when they get back to the post...their mgrs tell them they now have to go and do one or MORE routes that ARENT theirs? Some mixups are bound to happen and I think youre looking at a bad can of soup... out billions of cans.

So give them a break. There is no conspiracy against you. Overworked postal carriers...yes, perhaps. And all of your bill companies will credit and adjust your late payments everytime.

There are estimated TRILLION..yes TRILLIONS of pieces of mail, ads, flyers etc sent round the world EVERY DAY. And you think their is a conspiracy against you? They work very, very, very hard and get most EVERYTHING on average right...so cut them slack...and forget about someone in a dark office looking to conspire against you. JUST You...for complaining.....nope.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: just because

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1088no5
I have had several bad experiences over the years with the USPS... and am currently involved in another minor complaint. After filing this minor complaint on Feb 13th online... it appears that yet another incident is currently going down as we speak. I suspect in RETALIATION... but then again... it could just be some anonymous individual laying the groundwork for something BIGGER and more complicated that will soon involve MANY at USPS.

I am spooked... and I'm getting the feeling AGAIN that someone higher up is trying to provoke something MAJOR here.

A recent payment sent to my local electric company has not yet been received and accounted for. In other words... it appears to have been lost in transit. Today is day 5 if you count Saturday as a business day... not excluding the Monday Holiday. And I would like to state... that I suspect (greatly FEAR based on past experiences) that this now missing payment is in retaliation for filing the recent complaint. Also, after filing the complaint, I have received my neighbor's mail in my box. This is not unusual... but seems to be just another problem in a long string of problems that I now see as a possible red flag that's tied in with this other USPS complaint business. Any thoughts or personal wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

I'd like to thank the Moderator for moving this to the proper forum.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
the USPS is another dying relic. it was killed, in part, by labor unions and their entitled members.

stop using it. stop right now.

if you must use it, use a the 'certified' or the 'registered' option for parcels.

consider buying insurance for your mail. it's very cheap and it puts the onus on the slob mail carrier to do their damn job...or you get paid.

==============================================
strongly consider using online bill-pay. it saves on postage and is very easy. it's likely free through your bank.

starve the dying beast.

link   
Write to the Post Office Inspector General notifying them of mail theft/undelivered letters.

If he gets enough complaints about Post Office X, he may find your crook.

Go pay your bill, then inform both your bank and the business you are cancelling that lost check/payment which was lost by USPS.

link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Yes. Did you know Postal workers get to work very early to sort out mail ONE-by ONE and ADDRESS-by ADDRESS? And they have to then go out and deliver them all correctly. And then...some days when they get back to the post...their mgrs tell them they now have to go and do one or MORE routes that ARENT theirs? Some mixups are bound to happen and I think youre looking at a bad can of soup... out billions of cans.

So give them a break. There is no conspiracy against you. Overworked postal carriers...yes, perhaps. And all of your bill companies will credit and adjust your late payments everytime.

There are estimated TRILLION..yes TRILLIONS of pieces of mail, ads, flyers etc sent round the world EVERY DAY. And you think their is a conspiracy against you? They work very, very, very hard and get most EVERYTHING on average right...so cut them slack...and forget about someone in a dark office looking to conspire against you. JUST You...for complaining.....nope.

Thanking you for confirming my suspicions. This is how they draw attention to their BURDEN... which I am well aware of. Thank you for your input.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Can you pay your bills online??? It's just so darn convenient and saves you the pain in the butt of having to wait for your cheque to go through!! No worries about it being lost in the mail that way..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
the USPS is another dying relic. it was killed, in part, by labor unions and their entitled members.

stop using it. stop right now.

if you must use it, use a the 'certified' or the 'registered' option for parcels.

consider buying insurance for your mail. it's very cheap and it puts the onus on the slob mail carrier to do their damn job...or you get paid.

==============================================
strongly consider using online bill-pay. it saves on postage and is very easy. it's likely free through your bank.

starve the dying beast.

I only write 4 (four) checks per month. Hardly worth what it would cost me to bank online. And if the Gov't shuts down the internet with their kill switch... how am I suppose to pay my bills???

edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: correction

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

With all due respect, how "MAJOR" could arguing with the post office get? Sure, a disgruntled postal worker could screw with your mail service but that's about the extent of it. And I would seriously doubt any collusion or conspiracy could occur as many postal workers have a vested interest in remaining employed.

If you suspect that your mail carrier is messing with your mail, email your local postmaster. Done deal.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

If you go to any major chain grocery stores, like Giant Foods, they offer the service of paying utility bills there. I know people that pay their gas, electric and cable bills there.

You could check that out.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Mail Carrier here......16 years
No I highly...highly doubt they are retailiating against you
We just don't have the time or the energy
Almost ALL mail is sorted by machines now and MANY times the carrier is not your normal one and has no Idea who lives in the house or what a house number even is... unless it is properly marked. Please be sure to have your street number and ALL good names on your box. That might help.
My route has 850 stops and yes the previous poster is correct if needed I can be directly ordered to go back out onto the street to an area I've never even been before....in 20 inches of snow recently..
We run on NO TAX Dollars and indeed it is somewhat of a dinosaur
As you might imagine or have heard we aren't doing very well lately and all employees ARE pushed to their absolute limits. We are WAY understaffed.
Stuggling like most of the rest of the country.
Sometimes big storms can cause mail delays as all mail is on every fight at your local airport.
I can only hope that is where your payment is......in the end it will only get where it is supposed to go ......back to you or some piece of machinery unfortunately shredded it
The only three options.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 1088no5

I have never written a cheque in my life and have never used internet banking.
Why not just pay the bills at the bank?
Its a nice reason to get out of the house instead of sitting at home complaining about the mail.

I have never had your problem because of the way I live.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I only write 4 (four) checks per month. Hardly worth what it would cost me to bank online. And if the Gov't shuts down the internet with their kill switch... how am I suppose to pay my bills???

Eh? How much would it cost you? I pay all my bills online and it doesn't cost me anything. Is internet banking not free in your backwards country?. Also, if for some reason that mythical kill switch was flicked, I imagine paying your bills would be the least of your worries.
edit on 22-2-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I pay almost all my bill online but if i were you id use certified and get insurance for any mail like that..Ive had this happen from time to time over the years..I don't believe there is any conspiracy going on

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I do not send anything to my parents in Pennsylvania via USPS anymore. Twice my dad had to go to the actual post office and ask if any boxes were there for him (which I know there were). They looked around and said oh yeah, here is one. Another time I mailed a box with several gifts and a couple cards with money in them. The box arrived with the gifts but the cards with money were gone.

I now only ship to them via Fedex.

And another topic at my home in Indiana I will go one or two days with no mail and the third day my mailbox will be stuffed so full I have to practically rip the mail out of it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by 1088no5

If you go to any major chain grocery stores, like Giant Foods, they offer the service of paying utility bills there. I know people that pay their gas, electric and cable bills there.

You could check that out.

I just checked with Walmart... there is a fee that can vary depending on the type of bill you are paying (utility, VISA, etc.)... which would be alot more than if it were being sent via USPS.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

Eh? How much would it cost you? I pay all my bills online and it doesn't cost me anything. Is internet banking not free in your backwards country?. Also, if for some reason that mythical kill switch was flicked, I imagine paying your bills would be the least of your worries.
edit on 22-2-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

That mythical KILL SWITCH comes in various colors. One of which is colored RED when people are no longer able to afford cable/telephone/internet service after Obama shuts down the gov't and withholds everybody's disability check.
edit on 22/2/11 by 1088no5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Please forgive me but now I feel ill-informed. I thought the postal workers were helped out, at least a lttle bit by some kind of mechanical sorting devices or machines. What in the world is all that fancy equipment, that sucks up immense amount of energy that could be used elsewhere doing inside those massive sorting facilities? Myself I think the whole USPS thing is just another planned failure. It will (IMO) eventually be claimed that it is "insolvent" and a private firm or enterprise will swoop in and take control/profits...EXACTLY like AMTRAK.
edit on 22-2-2011 by G.A.G. because: sp.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Helped out....lol
all routes are immediately adjusted by computers...
Yes machinery sorts the mail ......and now I walk 7 hours in 20inches of snow instead of 6 generally making that a 12 hour day
Honestly......you guys have no idea
Almost all new people quit....even in the current no jobs environment
Newbies work full 60 hour weeks,,,,mandatory for around at least 5 years

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I write about 4 checks per year. Most all my regular bills: electricity, phone, etc. are on auto-pay. No Internet required. I have to pay those bills anyway. I also use online bill pay. It costs NOTHING extra at all. I hardly think worrying about the government shutting down the Internet is sufficient reason to not use online bill pay. You can always revert if you need to.

Seems to me your making a mountain out of a molehiill and not utilizing the many options available to you. If you insist on painting yourself into a corner like this there's nothing we can do to help you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join