It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Aliens' Dinosaurs & Survivers of an Earthly Cataclysm Returning Home?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
There is always something. Lets say something as intelligent as us, if not more so, existed before or at the beginning of the dinosaurs and during. If they were wiped out as a result of the asteroid, we can assume most of them went with the dinosaurs. Point being, anything alive from that era when it hit, would have been ultimately preserved in that layer. The proof is the fossil record we do have from that period. So it would also be likely that we would find (or have already and assuming my last statement, a cover-up) fossils of these bipeds. As to their technology, you assume they had the means to create "plastic" and such. I don't think that is true. If they existed they would have been at a stage as what we would call "cave men". A species of biped to have created any such material would need to have existed a lot earlier than the dinosaurs and their predecessors for there to be absolutely no record of their existence whatsoever. It would also mean that this planet hosted life much earlier than we are lead to believe.

I seriously doubt there was a cover-up involved at all. Scientists love to dig as far back as possible into human evolution and what with the advances in dating techniques as well as the vast array of fossil records, they are far from shy.

Everything in this thread is speculation, there is no proof of any lizard men with technologies so complex as to be able to fly away from earth. If this was so then in those same fossil records we would be finding Plastics, metals and various other components which you would expect to find in such devices....but there are none

My problem with topics like this is that it tries to disprove evolution in the same ways that religion has over the years, those who don't want to hear it, won't and will continue to say "yea watever, I have this evidence" which vast majority of the time, if not all the time has no baring or draws no direct leads other than what the imagination can link with it's origin.

From bacteria to what we have today.....it doesn't need to be more complicated than it already is and any Idea's of alien interference are nothing more than speculation and supposition which some take beyond the points of the believable.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yeah a interesting as the idea sounds, our planet is lacking evidence to fill the huge gap that suggest prehistoric reptiles advanced into evolved species that inhabit more than one planet. Possibly type 2 civilization?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by aunkabeatmon
Yeah a interesting as the idea sounds, our planet is lacking evidence to fill the huge gap that suggest prehistoric reptiles advanced into evolved species that inhabit more than one planet. Possibly type 2 civilization?

It would help if human's could get past type 0 lol, which still hasn't happened

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

S & F Pimander. A theory that I found intriguing from the very moment I saw that Star Trek episode (over ten years ago now - eek!)

I'm amazed it hasn't received more interest here on ATS (in general) given the amount of people who adhere to or suspect a reptilian 'alien' presence of some sort.

Hollow Earth legends tying into it all? Subterranean homesick alien?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

There was a storyline similar to this in Star Trek: Voyager, decent thread, I suppose it is a pretty conceivable idea :-)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
great thread......

Seriously why not? If 30 years ago some one said we would find another planet/star in our solar system how many would believe it? and now?? If none of you have read Sitchen's books you should. Not saying he got everything right, but damn just the possibilities.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Evolution frequently finds similar ways to adapt too the same environmental challenges. A good example is the number of traits sharks and dolphins share. Sharks evolved from a fish and dolphins evolved from a dog like mammal. They have adapted to their environment in similar ways despite starting from completely different places.

There are several other evolutionary adaptations like eyes for example, eyes can be found all over the animal kingdom from insects to humans we all have eyes.

Bilateral symmetry is another very common trait found in the animal kingdom.

Wings are another example of 'must haves' in order to fly you must have wings (I cant think off the top of my head of a flying creature with no wings but I could be wrong) birds mammals and insects have all independently evolved wings.

S&F for an interesting thread

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by hope4better

The bible has some nice little snippets of history, doesn't make god or noah's ark any more real

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Versa

Spiders fly without wings

Well, not fly in the original sense, but being small enough with so little mass, they travel on the wind for miles upon miles.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't know if it is true but I like this theory only because it ties up some loose ends involving the dinosaurs, did they really all go extinct? Maybe they just transformed into human beings, or maybe into reptilian creatures, or maybe both.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
So you are talking about sleestak
en.wikipedia.org...(1974_TV_series)
They scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarblazerUK
reply to post by Versa

Spiders fly without wings

Well, not fly in the original sense, but being small enough with so little mass, they travel on the wind for miles upon miles.

lol yes they drift like seeds but they have no control over direction so I don't really think that can be called flying

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I might have missed it. But at least on the first page, no one mentions why none of these fossils of these bipeds have been found (at least to public knowledge). We have found the fossils of dinosaurs that are hundreds of million years old. If these bipeds supposedly existed with the dinosaurs as the OP theorizes, then it would be logical to assume we would have found such fossils, even if rare. This is not so say I don't think it is an interesting theory or that it's not possible, but would be one of the biggest archeological cover-ups of all times.

Maybe they had behavioural patterns like elephants ,all going off to Die inside some great, yet undiscovered cave !
i just hope that little # from time team doesnt discover anything of the kind, his ego is balloon.

funbox

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
in the words of buzz lightyear spiders just fall with style.

some one mentioned plastic if these dino poeple existed would they have all the fossil fuels like oil and coal as the earth was newer back then so maybe energy developed in a different direction...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This thread is very interesting and thought provoking but again we look upon these things with a we [humans] know everything attitude when in fact we know very little in the whole scheme of things.
Now I agree with many of the posters here that we have evolved so quickly that it would be silly to rule out that dinosaurs couldn't have done the same given that there time frame is so much bigger than ours.
As for evidence for a evolved biped dinosaur not being found i would think that the answer would be a simple one after all when someone dies we bury or cremate them which would mean the bodies would rot rather than fossilise.
I also think that 65 million years is more than enough time to remove any trace of structure's that may have been built by these dinosaurs esp as we are sure that they where wiped out by a comet hitting the earth the shockwave would have destroyed alot.
Now the interesting idea that some may have gone below ground and are living in caves and the question of why they wouldn't have returned to the surface.
Now it is well known that animals will adapt to suit there environments and after an event like a comet hitting destroying all life on the land including plant life it would take thousand's of years before the planet would recover.
Now if your living in a cave for thousand's of year's that's a fair few generation's where the low light could trigger a change in how your eye's work .
If this was the case then returning to the surface would become a painful experience as the brightness of the light above ground would be blinding.
Now i'm not saying that I believe this to be the case but i just thought that these answer's may explain why some may think these is not possible.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I believe this theory gains traction if you stick to the theory that the dino-humans moved underground to survive.

I don't see how it would be possible for them to create spaceships and leave the Earth in the event of a catastrophe. That would imply they could create metal ships and anti-gravity machines, etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The OPs idea of dinosaurs having evolved into humanoids, is the very same plot premise of the Super Mario Bros. film.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
But they also have evolved into many other things too.

It is a popular misconception that evolution is linear. It is more like a tree. Stephen Jay Gould explains this brilliantly in this article.

I think we may be arguing the same point from different perspectives. Mine being that the humanoid form is not the pinnacle that evolution irrevocably strives towards, because evolution is not a linear path.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Who is to say that someone hasn't found some sort of remnants of this culture, just because it hasn't been made known to the masses.And what if these creatures did not share our views on leaving big monuments to show our dominance.And what if they came to a point that they did not need their reptillian bodies any longer, yet there was still a millenia or two for everything that they did create to be swallowed up by the earth. lol. All speculation, but a fun thread, thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I think that this is a very far-fetched idea, you must of had a lot of time on your hands to think this theory up; however the evidence you have presented and the way in which you have researched this case is astounding. All of the points, hypotenuse and research make perfect sense.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct, my friend. Very well done to you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join