It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Aliens' Dinosaurs & Survivers of an Earthly Cataclysm Returning Home?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Is it Possible That Dinosaurs Evolved into Humanoids?

I know some members may find this theory far fetched. However, there are some real scientific ideas behind it. I only ask that you give it at least some consideration.

What if a species of dinosaur was bipedal, had an opposable thumb, large brain and good linguistic skills (think of birds their close relatives.) That would basically be a humanoid lizard like species with abilities comparable to ours.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65b41613b436.jpg[/atsimg]

Dinosaurs were around for a lot longer than us. They had longer to produce a humanoid than the mammals.

Dinosaurs are a diverse group of animals that were the dominant terrestrial vertebrates for over 160 million years, from the late Triassic period (about 230 million years ago) until the end of the Cretaceous (about 65 million years ago).en.wikipedia.org...

If bipedal dinosaurs had been presented with similar evolutionary hurdles to mammals, surely it is entirely possible that they evolved similar solutions. These solutions would include the larger brain, language and opposable thumb.

See also The Dinosauroid: A Humanoid Dinosaur

However, the dinosaurs were wiped out in the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event 65 million years ago. Or where they?

Could a Humanoid Dinosaur Survive The Mass Extinction?

What if we assume our hypothetical Anthroposaurus did exist. If the species were around for a little longer than modern humans, maybe they developed technology? After 65 million years it is highly unlikely that it would be recognisable, even if anything of it remained.

Maybe when the catastrophe came at the end of the Cretaceous there were some survivors. Some could have survived underground. Today there are Deep Underground Military Bases (DUMBS.) If Anthroposaurus had prepared for the cataclysm, maybe they had a plan to go underground? If they were smart enough they would very likely have had a plan to survive.

Have they Returned?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a6dab60ff4b.jpg[/atsimg]

The hypothetical Dinosauroids may also have developed high technology such as ultra high speed inter stellar craft too. If some Anthroposauroids were on deep space near light speed missions, the law or relativity would come in to play. As is well known, time slows as you approach the speed of light..

Dinosauroids travelling at close to the speed of light will have barely aged in millions of Earth years and could be back to find humans 'in charge'.

Another alternative is that, aware of the coming cataclysm, they may have left the planet to find a new home. Maybe their descendants have returned to observe or even return to their home planet to find that it is crawling with 'primitive' humans. Perhaps to them it is we who are the newcomers?

So guys. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. I would love to hear your views.

Could be a load of old baloney. It's only an idea but it might explain an awful lot.

edit on 21/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/2/11 by Pimander because: Change title

edit on 21/2/11 by Pimander because: title again

edit on 21/2/11 by Pimander because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This is a really decent thread. Nice one.

I love the thinking, something I've thought about loads of times. The Egyptian figurines are very odd and my first thought was maybe they evolved with the dinosaurs.

Not saying I believe in reptilians, but if they were to exist this is a good theory

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
They don't only resemble Egyptians like GodForbid said but what most of the abductees would call an alien grey. How do we know they wouldn't be gray rather than green? It does make you wonder.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Beautiful Theory, Sir and or Madam

www.youtube.com...

Start 30 seconds in. This man hits on what you are talking about.

I too have my doubts about the space alien explanation being the only explanation. How would you all react, if say, you went off world collecting genetic material and natural resources. You come back thousands of years later, but your society is still there (Fine, right, everything went well and mission accomplished). With that said, what if on one trip there was a group that traveled out further, and you were with that group...it takes millions of years to return. Once you do return, your society is completely gone and in its place are a bunch of hairless apes, who can barely get along without killing each other or mother Earth.

I'd be angry and ready to destroy.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Except a lot has changed about our understanding of dinosaurs since Dale Russell's "dinosauroid thought experiment". It is accepted that theropods dinosaurs (such as troodon) do have highly intelligent descendants living today, birds. This is based on evidence; namely comparisons of fossils to bird anatomy. However, Russell's dinosauroid is based on just pure conjecture. Based on what we know about the evolution of dinosaurs and birds, there is no reason to assume troodon would evolve a humanoid shape.

Also, it is now accepted that theropods were feathered. Reptilians, however, are not reported having feathers. Nor are they reported with beaks.

Now, if bird-like aliens start cropping up, then we might have a problem...
edit on 21-2-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Or maybe our (human) Evolution was helped along by some outside forces?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Sheer magic !

maybe therer hitching a ride on the new PlanetX/Elvera/Nemesis/Monstrator/Neith/Vulcan/Nibru, jostling in position to feed on us chicksticks.

Excellent speculation the Dinosaurs were around for way longer than us - why wouldnt they have evolved into two legged walkers... thinking about the size of the Dinos , maybe there could have evolved some huge bipedels . but big enough to tackle the un-evolved T-rex mono - mono ? i think not.

funbox

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
Except a lot has changed about our understanding of dinosaurs since Dale Russell's "dinosauroid thought experiment". It is accepted that theropods dinosaurs (such as troodon) do have highly intelligent descendants living today, birds. This is based on evidence; namely comparisons of fossils to bird anatomy. However, Russell's dinosauroid is based on just pure conjecture. Based on what we know about the evolution of dinosaurs and birds, there is no reason to assume troodon would evolve a humanoid shape.

Also, it is now accepted that theropods were feathered. Reptilians, however, are not reported having feathers. Nor are they reported with beaks.

There is no mention of Reptilians in the OP. That is quite deliberate. That modern myth may or may not have something to do with this theory.

My point was not that I think that the postulated Anthroposauroid is descended from Troodon. There was 170 million years of Dinosaur evolution. We don't know about every species yet. There could well have been an intelligent bipedal one with opposable thumbs is my theory.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Beautiful Theory, Sir and or Madam
(snip)
I too have my doubts about the space alien explanation being the only explanation.

Thank you and the other posters for your kind comments.

I share your doubts about the aliens thing. That may be part of the answer, but there is clearly more to it than that. This thread is about one of the possible answers that has not been especially well presented before on ATS. This thread is my attempt to better present it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
maybe Planets are like factories.. churning out random pockets of D.n.a until they evolve enough to leave mummy earth ... looks like this sequence is finding it hard to cut the strings

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think it is arrogant to not think that dinosaurs could have developed into an intelligent species. My big problem I do see is the lack of fossilized remains or artifacts that would support a primeval dinosaurian humanoid race having developed. There has been evidence of "million year old iron pickaxe" or "bolt" discovered but these appear as just likely urban myth/hoax.

Still it is interesting to think it could be possible. And we have only discovered a small percentage of all of earth's past life in the fossil record. Who is to say a new discovery won't be made?

Edit: Perhaps an intelligent race could have developed and been almost like say, the Australian aborigine... Maybe living off the land but leaving little trace behind. But you would expect things like hand-tools to be discovered showing the signs of having been worked and worn by use... but 65 million years may do alot to degrade that evidence.

@Charizard: I totally forgot about that episode of Star trek Voyager! That was a a very interesting episode.

edit on 21-2-2011 by wonderboy2402 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I first heard this theory on an episode of Star Trek Voyager where they encountered a race of "dinosapians" and learned that they originated from Earth as well. It was probably one of my favorite episodes of the entire series because the concept was so intriguing to me. In the grand scheme of things, humans seemed to have evolved rather quickly, so it doesn't seem impossible that another species could have evolved to the same level of intelligence that we are currently at, or beyond, before the human race was ever around.

However, there are just too many questions that bother me. Look at how our species has dominated the entire planet. Nearly every where you look, except in the most remote of places, you see evidence of our existance. Our garbage litters the land, our roads and power lines and subway systems snake all over the planet; our satellites and space junk fill the sky; our monuments (like Mt. Rushmore) leave rather permanent reminders of our existence behind.

I do realize that after millions of years, our buildings would crumble, our bridges would corrode and collapse, our cities would be swallowed up by vegetation and our scars on the land would be weathered away...however, surely there would be SOMETHING left behind from another advanced civilization. Remnants of wiring or bottles or what-have-you, things that do not easily corrode or degrade, underground bunkers...I just can't believe that we haven't found any remnants of another technologically-advanced civilization. More over, where is the fossil evidence? Hundreds and hundreds of species of dinosaurs have been found. Millions of fossils. Yet there seem to be no fossils of these "evolved" species which, having been a species advanced enough to leave the planet, surely would have colonized the entire Earth and possibly our neighboring moon as well. No fossil evidence of the end result, or the transition from simple dinosaur to advanced, anthropomorphic, intelligent species.

It is a really fun and thought-provoking theory, but the evidence which should be present if such a situation really existed seems to be incredibly lacking.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
I think it is arrogant to not think that dinosaurs could have developed into an intelligent species. My big problem I do see is the lack of fossilized remains or artifacts that would support a primeval dinosaurian humanoid race having developed.
(snip)
Still it is interesting to think it could be possible. And we have only discovered a small percentage of all of earth's past life in the fossil record. Who is to say a new discovery won't be made?

To put this in perspective.

Currently, scientists have named and successfully classified over 1.5 million species. It is estimated that there are as little as 2 million to as many as 50 million more species that have not yet been found and/or have been incorrectly classified. hypertextbook.com...

In other words we have not classified most of the species alive today yet.

More perspective.

Less than 1% of all species that have been described have been studied beyond simply noting their existence. Edward O. Wilson. 2000. On the Future of Conservation Biology. Conservation Biology, 14(1): 1-3

If we know so little about the current species on Earth, then it stands to reason that there is an awful lot more that we do not know about life on the planet more than 65million years ago.

In this case I think the absence of evidence is certainly not evidence of absence. The evidence may be there, but the chances of finding it do not appear that great.

Originally posted by Charizard
I do realize that after millions of years, our buildings would crumble, our bridges would corrode and collapse, our cities would be swallowed up by vegetation and our scars on the land would be weathered away...however, surely there would be SOMETHING left behind from another advanced civilization. Remnants of wiring or bottles or what-have-you, things that do not easily corrode or degrade, underground bunkers...I just can't believe that we haven't found any remnants of another technologically-advanced civilization.
(snip)
No fossil evidence of the end result, or the transition from simple dinosaur to advanced, anthropomorphic, intelligent species.

Just consider this too. We are not talking normal archaeological time-scales here. We are talking more than ten thousand times as long ago as ancient Egypt.

Evidence of it may just not have been spotted yet. Maybe our species had already migrated or learnt to control its population by then. They had up to 170 million years to do it....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
There is no mention of Reptilians in the OP.

Actually, the video you posted is title "Reptilians and..."

That is quite deliberate. That modern myth may or may not have something to do with this theory.

While you may not have said "reptilians" there does seem to be the implication.

Though, to be fair, I may be unfairly associating your post with other threads that do tie the two.

My point was not that I think that the postulated Anthroposauroid is descended from Troodon. There was 170 million years of Dinosaur evolution. We don't know about every species yet. There could well have been an intelligent bipedal one with opposable thumbs is my theory.

There could be, but no evidence for it. All evidence we have points to theropods evolving the avian form.

I think Russell and you may be guilty of a bias towards anthropomorphism (though certainly understandable). The humanoid form is not the best or "most evolved" form but the form that works best for us. There are other species on our planet far more successful than humanity (in terms of longevity) and did not require a humanoid form to achieve this. The humanoid form is not the best just the best for what we require. But we should not assume that other species, no matter how intelligent, will evolve a humanoid form; they will evolve whatever works best for their needs.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
@Pimander, exactly so! Well put. Those figures really are astounding to think about.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I think it is arrogant to not think that dinosaurs could have developed into an intelligent species.

They did evolve into an intelligent species. Some species of birds are among the most intelligent animals on the planet. Corvus, for instance.

Who is to say a new discovery won't be made?

The possibility of such evidence is not the same as there being evidence. Citing the possibility of such evidence as actual evidence is no different than citing spectral evidence.
edit on 21-2-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

All of this is really interesting. I love weird theories like this, even if its not true, its still an interesting topic. Who knows though, there are more than likely other worlds where intelligent life exits, and I guarantee there are species out there that would blow us away with their looks and how they came to be.

Who really knows though, anything is possible. Given the Earth has been here for a few billion years, honestly how do we know there wasn't some other type of intelligent humanoids that developed on this planet long before us. Reminds me of my friend who told me he had a dream a while back that he was a dinosaur

Wish we had all the answers. Actually, im glad we don't because it makes existence more interesting.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

There is no mention of Reptilians in the OP.

Actually, the video you posted is title "Reptilians and..."

Believe me, if I could change the title of the video I would. It just distracts from the theory.

All evidence we have points to theropods evolving the avian form.

I think Russell and you may be guilty of a bias towards anthropomorphism (though certainly understandable). The humanoid form is not the best or "most evolved" form but the form that works best for us. There are other species on our planet far more successful than humanity (in terms of longevity) and did not require a humanoid form to achieve this.

The species does not have to have evolved from therapods at all.

I completely agree that there are other successful forms that life can take. The crocodiles were around in some form since at least the beginning of the Dinosaur era.

However, I do not see why any of that would mean there is not a good chance a bipedal (many dinosaurs were bipedal) large brained (there brain size relative to their bodies has been shown to have got greater through time), linguistically advanced (birds came from them) dinosaur with an opposable thumb (we know some had them) could have evolved.

Evolution frequently finds similar ways to adapt to the same environmental challenges. A good example is the number of traits sharks and dolphins share. Sharks evolved from a fish and dolphins evolved from a dog like mammal. They have adapted to their environment in similar ways despite starting from completely different places.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
There is a man named Tom Horn who has done a lot of research into "trans-humanism" and human altering projects being investigated by DARPA. He's a Christian and an author who takes an keen interest in the ethical side of these experiments on creating super humans through genetic engineering. His web-site is: raidersnewsupdate.com. There is some wild stuff over there.

If you don't already know, and have any interest in the Bible, it discusses genetic engineering during the times of Noah. God was not happy at all about the fallen angels' breeding experiments on humans and animals and sent the flood to wipe it out. He kept Noah because "he was pure in his generation" and today many Christian scholars think that means he was not genetically manipulated. The fallen angels mixed their DNA with human women and created giants. They also crossed human and animal DNA to make hybreds. It was not until these times that we could even begin to understand that wierd story in Genesis.

At the "end times" Jesus said the earth would again be "as the days of Noah."

Anyway Tom Horn's web-site has a lot of great information on the trans-humanists - their science and their lack of ethics...or respect for human life as we know it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There are a lot of stories told of people accidentally discovering underground caves which run endlessly deep, and they run into large reptilian humanoid beings. I wouldn't discount the possibility that these beings started as top-siders, and moved underground millions of years ago. Thus, little or no fossile record. You know what they say, truth can be stranger than fiction. Just sayin'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join