It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are 'Aliens' Dinosaurs & Survivers of an Earthly Cataclysm Returning Home?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
There was a time period when earth had high O2 and the bugs grew to monster proportions before a huge i mean huge die off.

Ther was an even worse extinction much earlier > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Perhaps they never left.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I haven't read through the entire 11 pages of this thread, so I apologize if this has already been brought up, but... why would these dinosaurs evolve into a humanoid shape? (I'm going off of the image here) Why would they choose a breeding partner with stubby legs and gimped claws that would effectively make it harder for their offspring to hunt?

In my mind, if these dinosaurs were to evolve into a sentient species, they would keep their general shape but obtain bigger brains and stronger arms/more nimble fingers to craft things with.

As for there having been an advanced, space-faring dinosaur species on our Earth - the idea sounds fun, but wouldn't we find relics? If they were truly advanced, they would probably have populated the entire planet, like us, so a meteor wouldn't have destroyed every single city. And surely, there would be graveyards with thousands of their bodies being excavated? If they were fleeing from some catastrophic event, I doubt they would have time to bring all their dead with them.

Also, wouldn't there be ancient satellites orbiting our planet? I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure our early forays into space left a lot of junk circling the Earth. Although, I suppose you could say that they would crash back down after a few hundred/thousands/millions/etc. of years.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Charizard

i just have to disagree in one point

why does a trully advanced species would have to leave any traces?
to me a trully advanced species would live in perfect balance with its environment, in the sense it would be a biodegradable civilization

we leave plenty of traces yeah, it does not necessarily mean we are that advanced

in fact it seems to me its our permanent marks on the planet that will ultimatly lead to our downfall

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good Thread and nicely Put. I like the way of your thinking. Though it ishard to believe, but who knows there might be a chance for this too..

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I highly doubt we would ever produce biodegradable cars or jets or spaceships. Not to mention infrastructure.
Everything is biodegrable tho, in the sense that every artifact built 65 millions years ago would be dust after a tiny fraction of that time.
What renders this theory unprobable is the complete absence of closely related and precursor species in the fossil record.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
why would these dinosaurs evolve into a humanoid shape?

we "supposedly" evolved from a monkey or a chimpanzee,so why would'nt they?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What renders this theory unprobable is the complete absence of closely related and precursor species in the fossil record

What if that fossil record is a mile or two underground,or even just 1,000ft? Then we would never even find it

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Until now I had always thought of dinosaurs as having brains that function much as modern day toads, but this thread sure has me thinking otherwise! I'm sure if dinosaurs are returning to their home planet, they will have prepared themselves well in advance to have to deal with possibly many different species that might have advanced way farther ahead of what they were when the dinosaurs left.
Since it is us humans they will have to deal with, they certainly won't have much competition as far as placement on the evolutionary scale goes! The one thing that bothers me more than anything else, is that will be our knee-jerk reaction to try killing them before we even know their intentions.
And to think we really do believe ourselves to be an intelligent and highly developed species! Sure we are!
I thank you very much for the "Food for thought"! I didn't realize just how hungry I was!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A species of advanced dinosaur escaped the destruction of the yucatan asteroid dy leaving the earth in starships and when they returned the remaining species of dinosaurs had been destroyed and gone extinct and they found a new species had arisen on earth...Humans.

If these advanced dinosaurs had left earth in spaceships,on a voyage to our closest galaxy andromeda,at just under the speed of light for say 10,000 years...Many millions of years would have gone by on earth...

We don't know the life span of these reptilians and they could have been in hibernation on-board their spaceships and or they could have bred along the way...

And that's why there are reptilians being reported by witnesses onboard the ufo's and flying saucers...
edit on 21-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
keep in mind that modern humans have been walking around earth for only about 200,000 years and we have gone from, the horse drawn carriage -1900, to the first nuclear powered aircraft carrier- 1961, in only 60 years!

And dinosaurs existed for hundreds of millions of years. More than enough time for at least one species to have reached an advanced state of intelligence and technology...

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've read through almost the entire thread, lots of interesting ideas. What structures could last 65 million years? What technology would be around 65 million years later? Back then all the continents were together. So much could have disappeared into the ocean.

Is the only argument against a pre-historic reptilian humanoid, that we haven't found fossil evidence? Are there any arguments as to why a humanoid creature wouldn't evolve? Imagine a diverse looking race of reptilians all the way to some looking like greys.

Now honestly if they did exist and were hiding out under ground or in our solar system, I would say it is more likely they would try to co-exist with humans on Earth instead. Well, because, these beings are originally from Earth.

In fact, if they did escape Earth before an extinction level event, they might as well return when Earth is habitable again. Basically they escape in a mothership and live on the ship in our solar system until it was safe to return to Earth.

Then overtime humans evolve, maybe with the help of these intelligent creatures. This is when they could be perceived as Gods. Thus all the ancient tales of reptilians and images of grey. Obviously since we have no evidence, they end up leaving Earth without a trace, and become a myth overtime. This is when you can claim they taught humans culture, religion, civilization, etc...Then the reptilian and Greys would be studying and ruling Earth from space.

It's a possible scenario.... but if we connect it to Ancient Alien theory with Gods are actually intelligent ET, then their origin stories don't relate to being from Earth. Ancient Alien theory connects the Gods to the stars.

However these reptilians and greys, could be deceptive and trick man they are from the stars. Only knowing that man did not have the knowledge or technology to dig up dinosaur bones yet. These creatures could be even more deceptive by giving accurate star information to further cover up the truth of their origin.

I think the reptilian humanoid theory gets some attention because faster than light travel does not exist (yet), therefor a terrestrial visitor is more likely the intelligence behind a UFO.

My personal opinion: UFO's more likely are controlled by actual intelligent life originating from an exo-planet, rather than ancient reptilians. However I enjoy this conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Just on the issue of the lack of fossil evidence of an advanced race of Dinosaurs.....even fossils of our +- 2 million year old humanoid ancestors are at best fragmentary and incredibly rare. So it is not surprising that no 65 million year old fossils of an advanced Dinasourian race have yet been found!!

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimander

I think it would be incredibly unlikely that in all those billions of years none evolved.

Agreed...Only most likely on other star systems, that have Goldilock planets similar to our Earth. And under favorable conditions --- barring any catastrophic cataclysms --- a highly intelligent, warm blooded bipedal dinosauroid humanoid race is quite feasible --- Who's diet might be of the omnivore variety, that would evolve a large brain capacity and three fingers that included an opposable thumb for complex tasks.
edit on 30-10-2015 by Erno86 because: deleted and added a word

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join