It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Government Shutdown Looms

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Eventhough we come from many advanced and enlightened ET races we sure dont show it much. They must have turned that part of the DnA off with chemicals in the food, water, and medicines.

I bet if it negatively effected the ones financially large enough to have portfolios and decent nest eggs this would not happen. As you can see this government shutdown would mainly effect the old, poor, and disabled.
Yes yes I know the preprogrammed responses from many of you (Its your own fault and no one elses for not accumulating wealth and handling your financial affairs) One of the 100s of thousands of memetic viruses that rule and enslave your societies. Aquire and Consume Aquire and Consume

If it does come down to protests or martial law like in Cairo, Libya and Bahrain I hope you are ready to be 100 times more ruthless than your governments with correct targets. That means dont get frustrated at your brother or sister but direct it towards the leaders and their followers.

If they fire into a crowd and kill 1 citizen...1000 on their side dies.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
PFFFFT

This is just more threatening posture to get the obese budget passed. 61 billion trimmed - who cares, that is pocket change these days. Let the government shutdown - NEWS FLASH TO SOME - its going to happen sooner or later anyway.

The point of no return was passed long ago, those in government have been bought and paid - no change is going to occur. But let me be clear, you might be seeing some of what is occuring happen here - and if it does, be sure to know who the real enemy is (those fat cats behind in scenes)

It is sad to see that some members of ATS can't seem to get passed the party rhetoric.....Democrat this and Republican that - or even Tea Party MEH. You just don't get it - the two parties are corrupt and the Tea Party was corrupted as soon as it became a threat.
edit on 21-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Is this "their" plan? Is this the plan to bring America in a uprise to usher in the One World Order? From past threads that have popped up all over ATS last year and a couple of years before that this looks like the plan is coming along well. In this case looks like they want it to be like Egypt or something and then sooner down the road someone will come in and "save" America and bring in that NWO that people ahve been talking about. Im just thinking about past threads and just trying to connect the dots. BUT maybe im totally wrong?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

This is the beginning of the new beginning. Those who are useless and dependent will be crushed. Those who are intuitive and self sufficient will survive. The polat shift will slowly begin and then the natural disasters will snow ball. the new Madrid fault line will open up and then cue the hoaxed alien invasion meant to unite the world.

Billions of parasites will die. You won't read about this in your high school text books kiddies. Hope you have food and ammo stored.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiRageTheChosenPeop

The Great Extermination....but there will be no clamor for a One World Government over some petty tyrannts being deposed. It will result from a 3rd world war (nuclear) or an alien invasion of the planet (real or imagined) - or both.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
PFFFFT

This is just more threatening posture to get the obese budget passed. 61 billion trimmed - who cares, that is pocket change these days. Let the government shutdown - NEWS FLASH TO SOME - its going to happen sooner or later anyway.

The point of no return was passed long ago, those in government have been bought and paid - no change is going to occur. But let me be clear, you might be seeing some of what is occuring happen here - and if it does, be sure to know who the real enemy is (those fat cats behind in scenes)

It is sad to see that some members of ATS can't seem to get passed the party rhetoric.....Democrat this and Republican that - or even Tea Party MEH. You just don't get it - the two parties are corrupt and the Tea Party was corrupted as soon as it became a threat.
edit on 21-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

X
It should be obvious by now that there is no return from this point. Capitalism in general and US first will collapse because there is just not enough to exploite any more in the world. Marx predicted this long time ago. Your wealth was based on poverty of third world countries. It can not last forever

edit on 21-2-2011 by TheGljivi because: ...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by Regenmacher

Yeah,,,does that mean Congress won't be receiving their paychecks as well? What about their excellent
Healtcare Plan and contributions to their retirement account?

Gee I wonder if they will still give themselves a salary increase?

Imagine if we could do that. That must be just peachy.

I was about to say, it's all scare tactics. SHUT THE GOVERNMENT DOWN.

If people around me are really THAT bad off without their ss checks, etc... then I'll give them food. What the heck ever man. Nice way to scare people into thinking that shutting the government down would be a bad thing.

People need to realize they can survive without a totalitarian government! It won't be realized until there is a lack thereof for a while!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What would be the purpose of shutting down for a few days? I see no logic involved in that?

If it is like the the US post offices thinking about shutting down for Saturday service, people have to realize that every postal worker now employed will still get a grandfathered pay scale, they will still be entitled to the same retirement, it will only affect the new employees. So really, the current employees will receive the same pay for less work.

I think this would work out much the same,especially the gov workers, they will still reap the same benefits only have less work less days.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I used to own a restaraunt. Back in 1999 to 2003. Mimimum wage went from I "think" $6.25 to $6.75. I forget.
Anyhow, I had 2 stoner doodes going to school and working for me in the kitchen. Good kids..Always loaded.

They came into my office one day giggling like stoners going "Dooode,Here's the newspaper,You HAVE to give us a raise..It's been decided Look!" Hands me the paper that says minimum wage went up.

I looked at them and said "that's what you see, A raise?" They said "dooode,don't give us your physco babble,you OWE"

I very nicley explained "that's not what I read.. I read that governement has decided I can't afford 2 stoners to do medocre work. I must give ONE of you a raise and fire the other one. THAT"S what I read."

Isn't that how the real world works? Government employees get a free card and you can't get rid of them.

Not ALL of you..

Liability or Asset?

LMOA... Presidents day... Feds are off... I rest my case. Private sector is working.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

What would be the purpose of shutting down for a few days? I see no logic involved in that?

If it is like the the US post offices thinking about shutting down for Saturday service, people have to realize that every postal worker now employed will still get a grandfathered pay scale, they will still be entitled to the same retirement, it will only affect the new employees. So really, the current employees will receive the same pay for less work.

I think this would work out much the same,especially the gov workers, they will still reap the same benefits only have less work less days.

I don't exactly know what their logic is, but I know my logic behind the idea...

Because when people hear the words, "Fed shuts down for a while", and they realize that the sunday driving is no different, then maybe people will realize how useless the government can actually be.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just curious... Anyone know how much it costs for the Feds to operate on a daily basis?

I could only find this: www.bls.gov...

How much could we save if we shut down for a while?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Oh that's right... They'd still get paid.. What a country.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My first thought here is that this item is making headline news and therefore is to cover something else that is really going on.
I know to the people that live in the USA will see this as a major problem and therefore there attention is locked upon this story so that the other story's that really matter won't make the headlines.
Its like the slide of hand used by all good illusion's your watching the right hand while the left hand keeps pulling out them rabbits.
When ever a big story breaks we know they use this time to slip things under the radar because they know that they will be regarded as trivial and given no more thought.
Another good example of this is the unrest in the middle east that most will take at face value i.e its a movement by the people to overthrow unjust government or dictators.
What most people will not ask is why now and when one is overthrown where do they and there family disappear to.
I learnt along time ago on a personal level that my wife worries to much so i found that if i mess up some of the little things and kept the real big problems to myself she would be so worried about the little things that i could deal with the big problems.
Therefore saving her from panicking to much and i do believe that this is the same policy that governments use just on a larger scale.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So if the government shuts down, does that mean people still have to pay taxes?

LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Government shutdown: 12 things that would and wouldn't happen

www.cnn.com...

Just saw this on CNN. Don't know if anybody posted it, but it seems to answer a few questions that have been asked.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

I thought of this thread when I went to walmart today and they asked 177+tax for a scrawny, underdeveloped bell pepper. I see the signs on the wall and it spells extreme implosion of the American way of life. I know that what we will see in the near future will be something beyond anything anyone could have imagined. Inflation will be like the balloons in the Macy's day parade.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Always good to post news articles throughout the thread, as I see people don't always read through it all. Thanks!

Who's Hurt If Government Shuts Down?
wusa9

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

That would be dependent if government is considered logical, which some would say it's not.

Possible scenario is they shut down for a few days to see what kind of reaction it provokes, or they shutdown and get such a hostile reaction they soon agree on a compromise.

To err is human and to blame it on the government is even more so.

edit on 21-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: typo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Or to push the markets over board. Like a bunch of childish ingrates.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I say let them shutdown if they need to borrow the money from china to stay open. The funding indirectly comes from china and other foreign lenders. This comes at a cost to our country and not a good one in my opinion. It will only hasten our path to bankruptcy and the devaluation of our dollar.

It's so sad that they spend, spend, spend and take away all of our liberties. Let see how we do without them for a year. I bet we would save a lot of money and have more freedom.

If we don't stop this out of control government then In the years ahead you will see massive austerity measures because of the debt. The government will tax more, to borrow more, in an attempt to avoid austerity measures.

They will have to tax small businesses more as well as the individuals that own them. The small businesses will have to raise prices and lay off workers to adjust for this to stay in business. As the economy worsens and the businesses close down unemployment will skyrocket. This will only act as a force multiplier on the economy’s decline. Our current path is unsustainable and by the time a solution is found it may be too late. Prepare now the best you can.

Godspeed…

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join