It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Tea Party Protesters against the Patriot Act?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
More proof The Baggers do not care about the nation, The Constitution and freedom as they only care enough to get noticed and like the rest of the political azzhats once in turn their backs on the very people they swore to protect.

The deep rooted racism and hate of The Baggers comes to light. How does racism apply? Simple, because poor people, Hispanics, African Americans, Arabs, Oriental Americans are afforded rights and the only rights they want to protect is that of the rich, white GOP people.

So,,,,, only minorities can be poor?
I guess that blacks and hispanics can't become wealthy?
WOW

Now who is the ignorant one?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Actually, the title of the thread doesn't go far enough, where are the protests from the Dems, the Republicans, the Constitutionalists, the Libertarians, the person with no affiliation? There should have been protests from just about everyone......and there weren't. The Tea Party, isn't the only party that exists, nor should it be the only one to do anything. gain, where was everyone....you know Americans, not party members, plain old everyday ordinary Americans?

I agree 100%

I am a Libertarian and we should be out in the streets howling for blood over this.....but not a peep from us....but at least Ron Paul voted against it.....pretty much everyone the TP voted in voted for it.

My point was if they can get so outraged about teachers unions.....why not this vile act?

Most of the members of the TPs hearts are in the right place I assume....but their elected stabbed them in the back.....business as usual in DC

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
If you haven't seen 'em , you haven't been looking . They supported Michelle Bauchman and Scott Brown with organization and money and after the vote on the Patriot Act , the Tea Party is furious and has pulled all support and Bachman didn't have much support outside of the Tea Party . 88% of the freshmen Tea Party Republicans voted exactly opposite to what they said they stood for and promised and if the Tea Party still has the power and the force in two years the traitors will be targetted .

I would be more of a believer if I seen ONE SIGN protesting the PA at the protest against the teachers

Is teachers being unionized more a threat to the country than almost unlimited police power? I do hope you vote them out....we need to send a message to the PTB.....they obviuosly havent gotten it yet. I think the TP was just a way to let people blow off steam thinking it would change things and hoping we would forget by the Next election

If enough people start feeling that voting with ballots is a waste of time more will be voting with bullets......which no one wants....me included

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm sure some of the people who received Tea Party support will betray their supporters, just as every politician does.
It is up to all voters, not just the Tea Party, to be vigilant (vote-wise only, people!) against all government.

If elected politicians do not do the will of the people,

VOTE THEM OUT OF A JOB!

It sounds so simple.

Hopefully, Tea Partiers as well as
EVERY AMERICAN VOTES THE TRAITORS OUT!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I thought congress moved to delay action for 90 days while they table it for re-consideration?

I thought they had done this BECAUSE tea-party supported republicans had threatened not to renew it at all?

Maybe I have that wrong. I just googled what I could find, but the only recent newspaper article I have found since opening this thread seems to agree.

It was delayed in congress by the old-school republicans who are afraid the tea party types wont renew it....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

If they did more power too them.

Could you provide the link?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
I saw where the tea party were outraged at the teachers in WI and were counter protesting against them.....all well and good.

But where are these small government freedom lovers protesting against the renewing of the patriot act and its invasion of privicy and complete lack of oversite? I dont hear a peep from them. I was really hoping they would be different......just the same old BS.

If they were really concerned with freedom and small government they would be in the streets over it.....not to mention the war on drugs.

Tea party movement is a fad.
Notice all of sudden the big topic of the day in the US is the deficit?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
I saw where the tea party were outraged at the teachers in WI and were counter protesting against them.....all well and good.

But where are these small government freedom lovers protesting against the renewing of the patriot act and its invasion of privicy and complete lack of oversite? I dont hear a peep from them. I was really hoping they would be different......just the same old BS.

If they were really concerned with freedom and small government they would be in the streets over it.....not to mention the war on drugs.

Tea party is a elitist shill. They were created to convince the public how evil the common citizen is.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Tea party is a elitist shill. They were created to convince the public how evil the common citizen is.

What does that even mean?

Other than the fact that you don't like their political stance, of course.

This whole thread is predicated on the notion that the people should pick the same agenda as the RNC and DNC. I am sure that for a lot of taxpayers living in Wisconsin, the role of "public service" unions has been a more relavant source of woe than the patriot act could ever hope to be.

The patriot act has probably been used against fewer than 10,000 americans over its life. On the other hand, special "sweetheart deals" for local politicians and their mobbed-up union henchmen have practically bankrupted city and state governments. Just look at NYC pays nearly $400 million in Christmas bonuses to retired cops, firemen. That is a HUGE waste of money, even for New York. And if you know about first response departments in big cities, they are union and you generally cannot get a job unless you have a family member already working in the department.

Those kinds of local government excesses sit directly on the backs of individual taxpayers; they affect where you kid has to go to school and whether you get fire and police coverage in your neighborhood.

From what I have found about the patriot act, it has mainly been used to evesdrop on a bunch of Egyptian and Saudi nationals who are here on student visas, when they phone home. Which is probably what the government needs to be doing, anyway.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
As a Tea Party member, I even created a thread here, against the Patriot Act. Since I'm not in the states, I can't march on DC but I can assure you that many in my group are seriously PO'd over the deal.

So, um, right here would be my answer to your thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of the patriot act, by any means. I think that, if it ever was needed, it isn't now. It's not like it has been useful---not like specific terror cells have been broken up thanks to its intrusion on our rights. While it is odious, I also don't think the patriot act has been used much (yet).

I was basically responding to the idea of the OP, which seems to be that tea partiers should be ignore local politics until the last problem with federal power has been resolved. I think that notion is spurious

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
This whole thread is predicated on the notion that the people should pick the same agenda as the RNC and DNC. I am sure that for a lot of taxpayers living in Wisconsin, the role of "public service" unions has been a more relavant source of woe than the patriot act could ever hope to be.

your kidding, right?

You think I am a shill for one of the so-called two parties? I am a Libertarian and to me BOTH parties are working for the same agenda, they just play at taking turns to fool the gullible. I hardly see where teachers pay is a bigger threat to the country than unlimited police power no matter how few have been affected from it.......it could just as easily be you or me........havent you heard.....the American homegrown terrorist is next on the list.....who is a terrorist????..........Whoever they say is one, they dont have to present evidence.....just say you are.

It might not concern you....but it scares the crap out of me.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well, I agree that it's not nothing.

But, it's not like the patriot act is raising the property tax on your home, at the same time the home's market value is plummeting.

It's not like the patriot act will cost you an extra $800 dollars this year, to pay for someone's else's healthcare plan, at a time when you've had to raise your deductible in order to continue affording any benefits at all.

Maybe those issues don't affect you. They do affect others, which is why they are so motivated about a different issue that you are.

I would have guessed that a self-styled libertarian could see the fundamental injustice in unions dictating their own salaries from the politicians they promise to deliver votes for. But then, I don't consider myself a libertarian, so maybe i don't understand the dynamics very well.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

We believe in privitised schools.......problem solved.

I am not for the teachers unions or against them. As for their relationship toward the politicians I see it as kinda a hooker-customer relationship.......if the hooker wasn't selling the customer couldn't be buying. In other words the problem lies more in the politcians whoring themselves out to the unions and lobbiests than in them "buying" the product.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have a much more negative attitude toward unions and teachers unions in particular, based on life experience. The teachers' union in Texas was mandatory (although it is supposedly a "right to work" state). They gave a huge chunk of your dues to the state and national democrat party, until there was a successful lawsuit and they had to return the millions in dues. Thing was, the leaders expected everyone to "donate" the individual awards back to the TEA, and made no secret as to which teachers "kept" the money that "rightfully belonged to the TEA"(!).

So now they give to liberal think tanks, instead of democrat politicians per se.

How would it be different if they just came out and admitted that they were part of the mafia?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

It's not like the patriot act will cost you an extra $800 dollars this year, to pay for someone's else's healthcare plan, at a time when you've had to raise your deductible in order to continue affording any benefits at all.

Do you really believe that the activities authorized by the PA don't cost at least as much? Really? DHS, CIA, FBI etc etc etc? I think it does.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

DIA, FBI, CIA all existed before the patriot act of 2002.

So, no, I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Oh, come on! Of course they existed before the PA. I'm not stupid, stop acting like I am. There are many additional activities authorized by the PA spread across those and other agencies. The cost of those additional activities are what I was referring to. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Goodness!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yes, but you were attributing the expense of those agencies to the Patriot Act, or that their expenses were somehow enhanced by the PA.

My understanding is, those agencies have budgets that are set elsewhere. The PA just gave them extraordinary police powers.

So the argument that this is somehow a major financial drain on the order of local government malfeasance falls flat.

edit on 21-2-2011 by dr_strangecraft because: pointing out a specious argument

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ok, you are free to believe what you wish, same as I. Without actual figures (and would we trust them if we had them?), your opinion is as good as mine.

However, in my experience, no-one wastes money like the federals. The PA has given them a whole new dry hole to dump our taxes into. There is no way local spending for employee's wages can even come close.

But believe what you will.

Peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join