It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Tea Party Protesters against the Patriot Act?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I saw where the tea party were outraged at the teachers in WI and were counter protesting against them.....all well and good.

But where are these small government freedom lovers protesting against the renewing of the patriot act and its invasion of privicy and complete lack of oversite? I dont hear a peep from them. I was really hoping they would be different......just the same old BS.

If they were really concerned with freedom and small government they would be in the streets over it.....not to mention the war on drugs.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

HAY!!!! I'm right here ! Let me be the first to respond to your roll call. I have never supported the "Patriot Act" and never will.
You can easily go back and see my related posts and threads related to my objections toward the organized effort from BOTH parties, to obliterate our Constitutional and Civil Rights.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Pretty obvious. It doesn't threaten plutocratic interests or money, and where it might, it doesn't matter because it is passing anyway, so why bother to protest?
edit on 2/19/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If you haven't seen 'em , you haven't been looking . They supported Michelle Bauchman and Scott Brown with organization and money and after the vote on the Patriot Act , the Tea Party is furious and has pulled all support and Bachman didn't have much support outside of the Tea Party . 88% of the freshmen Tea Party Republicans voted exactly opposite to what they said they stood for and promised and if the Tea Party still has the power and the force in two years the traitors will be targetted .

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

The TEA party helped get these clowns into office when even stupid ol' me knew how they would vote and you claim they are furious? All I have seen are facebook comments. What is this "pulled support?" Is that even a real thing? Does her office hold less power now? Is she less elected than before? Why is it they can flock together to protest health care reform or unions but when it comes to this we get what again?

The TEA party is counter-protesting the union workers in wisconsin.
The TEA party has left a few dozen comments on Bachman's facebook page.

Tell me those are equivilant responses. Please?

I see that they actively upset that teachers want to retain the right to bargain. Since I am not going on facebook, when it comes to the patriot act I am seeing

edit on 19-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

[i]Originally posted by Sinnthia[/i]
reply to post by bandito

I see that they actively upset that teachers want to retain the right to bargain. Since I am not going on facebook, when it comes to the patriot act I am seeing

Your seeing crickets?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Your seeing crickets?

Does poetic license really confuse? I find it interesting that when I ask you specific questions about an actual topic, you turn a blind eye. When you do not like my word choice, you speak right up?
Whateva...

I cannot hear facebook posts. I am LOOKING at protests on television. So in the context of what it is I am supposed to be SEEING, yes I went with the sound of crickets to symbolize the glaring NOTHING that it is I am SEEING from the TEA party on this issue.

Anything other elementary laguage issues I can clear up for you while I am here?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think the more poignant question is where are We the People and why do we keep allowing this BS to perpetuate?

Screw the Tea Party, the Republicans, the Democrats and any other dividing term used. As long as we keep fighting ourselves, those truly in control of our country maintain their control.

It is becoming more readily apparent that the answer to 1984 truly is 1776.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by bandito

The TEA party helped get these clowns into office when even stupid ol' me knew how they would vote and you claim they are furious? All I have seen are facebook comments. What is this "pulled support?" Is that even a real thing? Does her office hold less power now? Is she less elected than before? Why is it they can flock together to protest health care reform or unions but when it comes to this we get what again?

The TEA party is counter-protesting the union workers in wisconsin.
The TEA party has left a few dozen comments on Bachman's facebook page.

Tell me those are equivilant responses. Please?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Actually, the title of the thread doesn't go far enough, where are the protests from the Dems, the Republicans, the Constitutionalists, the Libertarians, the person with no affiliation? There should have been protests from just about everyone......and there weren't. The Tea Party, isn't the only party that exists, nor should it be the only one to do anything. gain, where was everyone....you know Americans, not party members, plain old everyday ordinary Americans?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Actually, the title of the thread doesn't go far enough, where are the protests from the Dems, the Republicans, the Constitutionalists, the Libertarians, the person with no affiliation? There should have been protests from just about everyone......and there weren't. The Tea Party, isn't the only party that exists, nor should it be the only one to do anything. gain, where was everyone....you know Americans, not party members, plain old everyday ordinary Americans?

Hence my post. Using the term Tea Party is divisive and only fits into the playbook of those who truly call the shots. Keep those who cling to some semblance of a "party" fighting and they'll be much easier to manipulate.

I agree with you. Where are We the F***king People and why aren't we putting a stop to this!!! It seems the ballot box has become nothing more than a ploy to make you feel like you're part of a team and then said team regardless of moniker continually betrays the voter.

I don't know that we're at the cartridge box stage just yet but the road seems to be paved there if we truly wish to make REAL reform.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Centrist leaning liberal here and I am against the USA Patriot Reauthorization Act Of 2006.

The general rule is that a law technically doesn't have to be passed. as the way current law exists is that elements like Homeland Security, TSA, although non existant prior to 2000 are recognized fully nowadays as elements of The US Federal Govermental Infastructure and Overall Architecture Patriot can die and elements of it such as NSA, FBI, CIA are already authourized to handle matters of threats to the state. DHS can still operate unaffected and unaltered if it expires because it's got a specific elements contained in something called a "Charter Of Operation" which is your manifest, platform and your overall direction and vision and specifies your intent, bylaws, actual laws, Mission Statement anything your business could needed in order for it to remain alive are contained

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
First I'll begin with this:

Tea Party people listen up! You can't say you're for the Constitution and then vote for the reauthorization of the PATRIOT Act. Or is the 4th Amendment not important?

--------------------------------------
Secondly, F the unions on this one.

Third I am a TP member BTW.
edit on 20-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Tea Party is fake. It's just an extension of FOX News and the Right Wing.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by Violater1
Your seeing crickets?

Does poetic license really confuse?

Goodness
edit on 20-2-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Didn’t you hear? They were all up at that counter-protest in Madison, Wisconsin paid for in part by the infamous Koch brothers.

Look I am a small-government person myself, we should have the utmost respect and obedience of the United States Constitution which includes the Bill of Rights. So if the organizers at Tea Party express and the like do not feel protesting against the reauthorization of the Patriot Act is important, maybe it is hypocrisy at its best rearing its ugly head into the mess.

I am quite sure every Tea Partier on ATS is ready to line up right now and come marching in here, “I am a Tea Partier and I oppose the Patriot Act”, but of course you do! Once again even your leadership, if you are actually a part of the organized movement, has distanced itself from those whom it claims to represent. Seems to me any organizing we try in this country falls into the hands of those who can be bought and sold.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
More proof The Baggers do not care about the nation, The Constitution and freedom as they only care enough to get noticed and like the rest of the political azzhats once in turn their backs on the very people they swore to protect.

The deep rooted racism and hate of The Baggers comes to light. How does racism apply? Simple, because poor people, Hispanics, African Americans, Arabs, Oriental Americans are afforded rights and the only rights they want to protect is that of the rich, white GOP people.

Can you say, "Selective backing"? They unlike The GOP or Dems do not get to pick and choose what rights you are for or against as you are either for or against rights for all and cannot choose what suits you best. You are either for freedom and democracy for all or you are not there is no third option.

The true colours come to view to hide the true intention which as the days pass becomes more evident, to aide in as much of the destruction of the USA and by doing the bidding of TPTB and The NWO as the Democrats and GOP are no longer doing it as they both are sick and tired of being conned and used as puppets in the destruction of the nation.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Do not dare to claim to represent the Baggers while your group idly sits by and watches freedoms and the Constitution get continually shredded! I guess that the hatemongers will only back items that are beneficial to their cause and donors but God forbid freedom for all is mentioned.

You are only for protecting freedoms of your donors, persons who are rich, white and only vote GOP as everyone else does not matter in your groups twisted way of thinking.

You only care about matters that happen in suburbia and could care less about Main street and urban environments.

Get real.
edit on 20-2-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think the Tea Baggers are busy rallying at the milk plants. Their dear leader has exposed the truth behind the first lady's suggestion to breast feed. The Tea Baggers have used this to rally around and attack the rising cost of milk.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I am not a Tea Party member, but I support what they are for.
I do see where there is backlash against Bachman for her voting to continue the Patriot Act.
I personally think it should be repelled.

<<   2  3 >>

join