It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Tea Party Protesters against the Patriot Act?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I thought the American people would be out in the streets protesting against the Patriot act.
Surely they`re not gonna sit back and do nothing.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What I find interesting is that if you YouTube "patriot act" - you get a huge list of Ron Paul videos and other tea party videos that are calling it a massive invasion of privacy and completely unconstitutional, but you don't get a massive list of videos from democrats doing the same.

In fact I can find all sorts of CPAC speeches that argue against it, but no democratic conferences doing the same.

In fact the only democrat that I see consistently speaking out against the patriot act is Dennis Kucinich.

All the rest are republicans.

"Repeal the PATRIOT Act!" - Roundtable from CPAC 2011
www.youtube.com...

Matt Hawes starts the "Repeal the PATRIOT Act!" lecture @ CPAC 2011 (part 1)
www.youtube.com...

Ivan Eland - "Repeal the PATRIOT Act!" lecture @ CPAC 2011 (part 2)
www.youtube.com...

James Bovard - "Repeal the PATRIOT Act!" lecture @ CPAC 2011 (part 3)
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Jacob G. Hornberger - "Repeal the PATRIOT Act!" lecture @ CPAC 2011 (part 5)
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Sen. Rand Paul Opposes PATRIOT Act Renewal
www.youtube.com...

Judge Andrew Napolitano Natural Rights and The Patriot Act
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Ron Paul: Repeal the Anti-American and Unconstitutional "PATRIOT" Act!
www.youtube.com...

Judge Napolitano: Why The Patriot Act is Unconstitutional
www.youtube.com...

Julian Sanchez on the Patriot Act - CATO Institute
www.youtube.com...

Scott Bradley on the Patriot Act
www.youtube.com...

Tom McClintock (R) On Extending the PATRIOT Act - HR 514

edit on 21-2-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
What I find interesting is that if you YouTube "patriot act" - you get a huge list of Ron Paul videos and other tea party videos that are calling it a massive invasion of privacy and completely unconstitutional, but you don't get a massive list of videos from democrats doing the same.

In fact I can find all sorts of CPAC speeches that argue against it, but no democratic conferences doing the same.

In fact the only democrat that I see consistently speaking out against the patriot act is Dennis Kucinich.

All the rest are republicans.

May I ask what any of that has to do with the TEA Party hypocrisy that is pretty much based on empty speeches in direct opposition to how their favorite candidates actually voted?
edit on 21-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Do you suppose that is because the 2006 democrat majority congress renewed it, and they are afraid of being called hypocrites for changing their stance now?

I assume such is the case. They are still wincing from John Kerry's famous election-season snafu of 2004, where he said "I voted for the 87 billion, before I voted against it...."

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
May I ask what any of that has to do with the TEA Party hypocrisy that is pretty much based on empty speeches in direct opposition to how their favorite candidates actually voted?
edit on 21-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

The republican tea party caucus just stopped the patriot act from passing on a voice vote.

The GOP had to send the bill back for a full vote in order to pass it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Only 7 tea party members voted against it in the final vote......out of 51

www.thenewamerican.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Well there you go. Proof is in the pudding.

I guess in Australia we don't really need a Patriot Act. We don't need a Tea Party. We're already silly enough. We don't have any rights, our constitution is a meaningless document outlining the seperation of governement powers, we think blindly following the US Government is very very clever, and worse of all our proposed level of net censorship will put us right in the same league as China and North Korea.

If you thought your Pres was a lying stooge puppet scumbag just be thankful you don't have Julia Gillard.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

What I find interesting is that if you YouTube "patriot act" - you get a huge list of Ron Paul videos and other tea party videos that are calling it a massive invasion of privacy and completely unconstitutional

Actions speak louder than words. I see some tea party supporters coming onto this thread insisting they are outraged, they are taking action, I see you post a list of videos on youtube, but what do I see on the streets? All I see are tea partiers taking to the streets in opposition to union protesters, that is all I see. Actions speak louder than words.

It would be great to see tea partiers actually go out there and be as vocal about the patriot act, I'd be great to see many of those union protestors do the same, but I see nothing. I'd to go spend money and go down to DC and stand with folks from both sides again the patriot act, against government stripping our rights to petition, to gather, to our privacy, but frankly, theres nothing beyond a whole lot of talk on this forum. It is apparent that most tea partiers only have their political agendas to look out for, and I can say the same for many "fellow" liberals.

The republican tea party caucus just stopped the patriot act from passing on a voice vote.

26 Republicans joined another 122 Democrats in voting against an extension of the patriot act. We must remember that more than 80 freshman republicans came in from the 2011 elections, 8 of those freshman were among the 26. This is the second deceptive post in this thread from a member regardin the patriot act being stopped by Republican freshman. While it's great to see more Republicans stand against the patriot act this year, the comment above is simply not the truth

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Clearly.

The GOP had to send the bill back for a full vote in order to pass it.

This is probably my fault for expecting a line of coherent thought here. So sorry. I asked what that rant about YOUTUBE and Democrats had to do with anything. I would ask it all over again but you can scroll up a bit and read the question again and perhaps try and actually address it. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join