It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JOHN TITOR doesnt deserve to be on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I dont think John Titor deserves to even have his name on ATS, whether he is being described as the real deal or a phony. It was even more of a bigger mistake putting his whole triology on. I mean come on, any one of us could make a screen name and go on message boards claiming all this BS about how their from the future. Its definitely going to generate a crowd of hopefuls. If he really was from the future and was here on a mission, you actually think he would be on message boards trying to play around with time by telling us our future?

Now he has his site John Titor.com, which is probably administered by John himself, and is selling books and all this crap just to make money. The only thing ATS has done is try to spark hope in people who want to believe his story. These could eventually lead them to buy his merchandise.

I have to relate a story such as John Titor to UnusedPhenoix...We all remember him and his abduction story. Whether it be true or not, we all saw how it generated a lot of the crowd.

In closing, what time traveler would waste his time on message boards and chatrooms trying to get people to talk to him?

[edit on 16-7-2004 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I agree with you however this doesn't deserve to be in the aliens and ufo forum!

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
yea I know sorry about that....My mistake

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
In reference to the johntitor.com site, I found it interesting when I discovered that the person running the site had actually registered a copyright on the whole story.
I think I also heard a mention of a stage play in the works?
I don't have an issue with people copyrighting work that they have created. It seems John Titor has 'disappeared' so to speak, and this person now claims to own it. Very suspect indeed.

johntitor.strategicbrains.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
You notice that hes organizing this play which occurs in 2004 even though his story was years ago and now he also has some deal with NEXUS. NEXUS is publishing some article on him. NEXUS does publications on paranormal BS...seems like John might have emailed them and begged them for a publication.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have removed the weblink I provided to amazon.com
I certainly don't want to encourage people to go there to buy it, when they can read about it here.

Here you can puchase the 'John Titor A Time Traveler's Tale
by The John Titor Foundation, ' for $14.99.
But you know what? There is so much on John Titor here at ATS, you don't have to fork out the money to buy it.

Just read it all here at ATS for free!

[edit on 16-7-2004 by dolphinguy2004]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Personally, I think that the Jphn Titor story should be included.
The whole point of ATS is to deny ignorance and the only way we can do that is to include all information here. Once we have the info, we can consider it and discover if it is worthy of further discussion.

Actually, JT is now believed to be dead : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I have a great idea!

I will make a time machine and will advertize myself as a time traveler, and I will be very famous. But I will not mension the assassination of G. Bush and the nuke over Washington and New York (taking place in 2007) because it's nothing, noone would be interested in that...

That lunatic died? He didn't exist at all...

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I dunno lol...It sounds like John Titor's new Screen name. That does bring about a good close to the trilogy and no one else would wonder where he is. So that was just one way of killing off his story. People are easily fooled these days. For example, take a look at the Philadelphia experiment according to AL BlIELIK's story...he has no credibility.

I highly doubt one of John Titor's companions would come back in time and tell us he is dead. What purpose does that serve? Why should it matter if he fixed the problem or not as long as the problem was fixed then it shouldnt harm us. And also how do you know that TimeTravel_1 isnt john titor himself or someone like me claiming to be from the future?

Also regarding some of those predictions that hes made...there all generalizations. He talks about the USA controlling mid-east politics, well thats always been like that. We've been on mid-east politics since operation desert storm. If you can understand the psychology of john titor you can easily understand his lies. Anyone can take a phyics class and get a bacherlors in physics and use the terminology John uses.

I just think that John needs to get a damn job in real life and see how the real world is rather then try to rip people off their money with his merchandise as well as their precious time.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
That's that..

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Whoever is behind the "John Titor" Conspiracy (JTC), I say thanks and good luck to.

Anyone who spends the time he did researching and creating the JTC deserves credit and some money for his trouble.

I'm unsure as to how someone can copyright someone elses work, but if JT is not around to protest, then who's to stop them?

IMO, the JTC was probably produced by an out of work screenwriter, who was trying to develop his/her work in the same way that "Blair Witch" did with their website.

I come to this conclusion, as all other probable reasoning is removed when faced with our present knowledge of "Time Travel".

It's that or he's telling the truth.

I'm looking forward to the film.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Nope, he was not telling the truth. But he did it good, and many ppl are interested in time travelling.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This is an insane post. ATS is supposed to be here to talk about any and all theorys. Its like free speech, is free until someone says something you dont like.
People are annoyed because they dont believe in the story, so they claim its all a hoax, they claim to be the perpetrator of the hoax.

I agree, the guy who owns the site is doing it all wrong.

But if the whole thing were a hoax, then why didnt he ask for money? Why didnt he release a proper book? Why did he always tell people he didnt want anyone to believe in him. He just wanted people to look at their future and change for the better.

Whether he was a time traveler or not doesnt really matter to me. He was right, we are all doomed because of the way we have let things get in our time.

I would rather believe what John Titor said and change things for the better, instead of believing in a politician and watching everyone I know lose everything they have.

I do not get why people so aggressively attack this story. If you dont want to believe, thats great, but theres no need to ack like an anti Jehovah's witness, knocking on my door and telling me im wrong.

Maybe youre still annoyed cause he didnt give you the latest stock tips so you could dig yourself in deeper.

new topics

top topics

join