It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Not everyone is intelligent in the same ways, at the same levels, about the same things. What fun would that be?
Originally posted by delicatessen
Jean Paul Zodeaux, Europeans are just jealous. don't take them too seriously.
this is how i see the OP (numbered here are the paragraphs):
1. Jay Leno deliberately tries to show Americans in bad light. And it takes his crew a long time. That is stupid.
2. Erudition is not the same as Wisdom.
3. [Jab at brevity with a vague technophobia.]
4. Birds of a feather flock together. Jay is as stupid as the folk he finds on the streets.
5. People don't like reading my long-winded,self-congratulatory novels. I don't care they might have limited time or other valid reasons to do so.
6. My briefly sentenced points are so dang brilliant they invite more confusion than answer questions. You still want me to write in brief? Also Zen Masters are not what they are cracked up to be. I know it's irrelevant here, but who cares?
7. I am verbose and proud of it.
8. Foreigners brainwash visiting Americans into thinking Americans are dumb. The convinced ones ARE really stupid. How much ruder can these foreign a*sswipes get?
9. A few friends and me met a bunch of angry Europeans at a hipster den.
10. Pretentious European f*cktards kept making fun of us. their misguided attitude was uncalled for. [[this whole paragraph i agree with the OP. i personally think you should have roundhouse kicked that immature French bastard in the face]]
11. Everything got lost in translation and it had us all in stitches.
12. We politely explained to European buffoons that "cowboy" means "kicka*ss", not "dummy" which i think scared their poosy a*sses.
13. Foreigners in questions left in firm belief that we Americans are dumb. but the feeling is mutual, honey. This is a big conspiracy.
14. [OP's speculations here]
15. [ the closing was funny though]
Originally posted by Xcathdra
There is also the possibility, as with any type of entertainment, that they only aired footage of the people who didnt know the answer. Since we dont have the total number of people that were asked these questions, the assumption that Americans are stupid might be a bit premature (dont get me wrong, there are some people out there whose only purpose is to serve as a warning to others).
If they asked this question to 100 people, and 10 people did not know the answer where 90 did know the answer, its a bit misleading..
Just my 2 cents playing devils advocate.