It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!! Americans can't remember what year 9/11 happened is that for real !!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

S & F.

This is appalling. No wonder Obummer is in the whitehouse.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This is just a few people of millions of citizens. Of course they asked people who got it right, but that wasn't shown, because it's not the point of the video. I know people who don't know who the VP is, but they they know Lady Gaga, but I also know people who can name every president in order, but don't know who Lady Gaga is.

While I agree that the majority of Americans are distracted and ignorant, to group everyone into a category is shallow, and racist. It's like saying "black people are bad" because there are black people in jail.

It would be just as easy to make an "Americans are smart" video as it would be to make "Americans are stupid" It all depends on who you talk to.

You same people who agree with this bash Fox for doing to exact same thing. Only showing the side they want to.
edit on 19-2-2011 by CerebrumMusica because: spelling

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CerebrumMusica

Yes i totally agree whit you but it's not a date that you can forget
not one american should have that question wrong at least if he is like 6 years old

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Guys it gets better that that - here are some more general questions - these clips are from the chasers there are a whole series of them...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

lest we forget the millions (possibly billions) that died on that day.

(making fun of the video btw..)
edit on 19-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Oh and here is another excellent one - hope its not the same....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Aristophrenia

Nice it's even better then reality tv shows . Chasers you said ohh it's my new show now

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised anymore after coming to this site for so long things no longer shocked me as they once did. Once a certain time frame has been passed the event seems to fade. Sure we can remember the day and month of which said event happens, but year is not so important [well in those that have forgotten it]. Though to be fair it could be repression of the year I do suppose being that it's so close they may not want to remember it due to some reason. Either way at least they can remember the month and day. If one could not remember that I think we'd [pretty much all of the U.S.] may be in for some trouble. What I mean by that is...I honestly don't know, but seems like something that should have been said.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

lol at 0:55 who is Fidel Castro. Answer a singer lol

edit on 19-2-2011 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
For those of us who consider ourselves knowledgeable and educated, why should we spend our time laughing at things like these, feeling smart, and bashing the "sheep"..Why don't we get off our asses and do what we can to make things better? I've seen these videos, and yes they are hilarious, but once you think about it, it's terribly sad what a lot of people have become. If you know someone like that, don't look down on them, talk to them and educate them.
edit on 19-2-2011 by CerebrumMusica because: typos

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I really doubt the american citizens are conscienss when they vote...
WHAT ELSE THEY DON'T REMEMBER?!
Who they are ? In what country they live?! what they did the last 2 days?!
this is getting out of hand ...
straight scary , creepy , HORROR REALITY...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

there people are GENUINE STUPID, I can live with that

But don't know 9/11 is just too much for me to handle.....I have counsins in Vietnam......they live in a rural area (farming rice, wheat and raising cow, pig, chicken) where there are approximately 6 TVs in the whole area and they know what the fk happened in 9/11......I've asked ...trust me

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
well 9/11 doesn't make sense anyway, the 9th day of the 11th month is the the 9th of November. So maybe if Americans didnt do their dates in such a silly way , there would be less confusion.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by the_0bserver85

the difference is that they in vietnam aren't brainwashed like the americans in every second minut hour day of their life...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i am a stupid american. yes these videos are hilarious. yes it is sad. yes we could do more ourselves to prevent this kind of "stupidity." the fact is, however, these people are not necessarily stupid, dont get me wrong some of the people in these videos probably are, but the majority of people are simply ignorant. most americans like to ignore the rest of the world because it is depressing (according to the news). who wants to be depressed? can we blame them? perhaps, on some level at least, it is their fault they seem so dumb. i had a discussion today with a colleague of mine about the education system and it fallacies in todays society. our old way of teaching is becoming obsolete and our old way of reporting the news likewise is becoming obsolete. we continue to hear the same terrible things and we drill the same terrible cliches into our childrens heads. the same old cliches arent going to apply so much to our youth mainly because events such as 9/11 have occured. wwi and wwii were mentioned briefly in this thread and i believe it is safe to say that those wars were spawned through ignorance. i believe it is safe to apply a similar "ignorance framework" to many nations, not just the US (and i don't say this solely on me trying to defend my nation). am i trying to ignore the terrible ignorance that exsists? maybe, but i have a desire to fix it. after serving many seemingly pointless ends at many pointless jobs i have decided it is time to stop wandering aimlessly through my life and find a purpose. my intention is to pursue education indefintely and ultimately become a professor of something. professor of what you might ask? no idea... but if i have learned anything from growing up in america it is that anything is possible (just ask one of the people in these videos).

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I'm sorry I couldn't help but roll my eyes at this. So how many people that knew the answers were cut out of that footage?

Yes there are enough stupid people out there...but come on...go ask your friends and family and everyone you know the same questions and chances are THEY KNOW. These people they selectively put on camera do not represent the average American.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mishmallow8

The latest confirmed statistics are that only 18% of all Americans are stupid, the other 89% are less stupid, and that the remaining 7% don't know the difference.

edit on (19/2/11) by xfiler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

As with another thread along the same lines, its entirely possible that the guy asked 100 people this questions, and only 10 gave a wrong answer.

Misleading in my opinion without really knowing all the numbers.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I think they should do these type of videos in every nation on the planet.

I'd be curious how we all fare.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join