It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!! Americans can't remember what year 9/11 happened is that for real !!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That's why there will be another attack (false flag) , need only 10 years Americans to forget

edit on 19-2-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
it doesn't surprise me that some United States citizens don't remember when 9/11 happened. there could be many reasons.

could have been to young at the time to comprehend what took place
the event so effected them psychologically and the date just won't come to mind.

events that have happened scene that time have occupied their thoughts.

lack of education about the event.

so many different things have been said about it, have confused the facts in their minds

these are just a few of what i would call legitimate reasons why. next are a few for non legitimate.

to wrapped up in in who the next amercain idol will be.

didn't get the right app on their phone to be infromed.

didn't see it on jersey shore,

to busy tiring to keep up with all the trendy gadgets.

so as long as nobody they know was effected by it not all that important.

my point being, your always going to have shallow people every where, that doesn't make them dumb.
if you took a film crew to any country in the world, and asked them the same type questions, whether it is like in the op or from the post about chasers. you will find dummies every where,
to me this just reeks of more amercain bashing, not the op but the people who set out to do this.

edit on 19-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
obviously the reason is because the human body is setup to forget pain and 9/11 is a very painful memory

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Excuse me OP, but I think you are jumping the gun. I have never meet one person in my entire life that doesn't know the year 9/11 happened. Piece of work you are....

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
here is a example of what i was talking about.
i'm not picking on any nation, just a example.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
HAHAHA! This really made me laugh...... Even I with a slightly memory problem remember that day like it was last month .... and I thought going to H.S school late all the time made me stupid, hell, I was late the same day it happen a few 25-35 blocks away just getting to the corner of my school......... These people are just hmm stupid, Now go back to your IdiotBOX

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I remember the date of course...not so sure how many died (5000 ?) but what
REALLY sticks in my mind is how long it took me to FULLY disbelieve the
"official story"...THAT'S what I'm ashamed of!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Ok i wasn't pointing fingers at how people are stupid in general IT WAS ABOUT HOW CAN YOU FORGET ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THE 9/11 YOU MUST BE BRAINLESS AND SORRY ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE THEY LOOK BETWEEN 30 AND 80 YEARS OLD.
edit on 19-2-2011 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerebrumMusica
While I agree that the majority of Americans are distracted and ignorant, to group everyone into a category is shallow, and racist. It's like saying "black people are bad" because there are black people in jail.

Erm.... What does the video have to do with racism? I think you need to go look at a dictionary.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CerebrumMusica
For those of us who consider ourselves knowledgeable and educated, why should we spend our time laughing at things like these, feeling smart, and bashing the "sheep"..Why don't we get off our asses and do what we can to make things better? I've seen these videos, and yes they are hilarious, but once you think about it, it's terribly sad what a lot of people have become. If you know someone like that, don't look down on them, talk to them and educate them.
edit on 19-2-2011 by CerebrumMusica because: typos

Very good post, and true to boot. I'm guilty of it myself. In fairness alot of people do know better, but opt to be superificial morons. There is a difference I think.

And the show is called 'Chasers War on Everything', for anyone interested. Good Aussie commentary

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Its funny because you americans dont even know europe properly
. I have been to usa this summer and people never heard of my country before, when I told them where I'm from. Anyways, besides lack of basic knowledge you are awesome people. I like you guys.

I've been to Europe and I also like to think I'm pretty good with geography...But, if you told me, "I'm from My Own World, Europe." I'd probably have a blank stare too...

I have to wonder how many people they go through to get the real moronic responses? In my personal experience, most individuals are fairly intelligent, it's when the "group mind" thing starts to happen that they turn into blithering idiots.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by knowneedtoknow

and without screaming my fingers off.
i showed how people of all age and from
all over the world can be considered stupid
and not know any thing about their country
and at least 3 were under 20

and if you look at my last line in first post i wasn't knockin on you

edit on 19-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: add comment
edit on 19-2-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
for some reason I just CAN'T believe this is real...are you sure this hasn't been overdubbed? This just can't be real!!!! Oh GOD help us if it's real...

I don't believe these people (especially) the older ones don't know....I once saw one of these kinds of videos and people couldn't answer "who was the first president" and "name some of the planets in our solar system" HOW are these people functioning? How do they have jobs??????????

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would love to see what american's response to "what happened during the 'financial crisis'?"

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Y'all do know that the clip came from CNNN, right?

It is a comedy show. Therefore, the clip was manipulated to look like all of the
people they "interviewed" were a few fries short of a happy meal.

An earlier poster commented on wondering how many total people were asked this question
and came up with the "right" answers. This is entertainment people, it's obvious.

I'm sure that there are quite a few out there that know when 9/11 was, how many died, what cities/states were involved.
Yet, I am also sure there are less that know these answers.

Thing is, most Americans are not stupid, but there are many who are and could care less or just don't know or understand anything other than what they are fed. Unfortunately...they are the barometer by which the rest of us are judged...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was 14 at the time and I still remember that it happened in 2001.

I don't think I would ever forget. Watched the whole thing on the TV in my 8th grade history class. Everyone was just shocked.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
Its funny because you americans dont even know europe properly
. I have been to usa this summer and people never heard of my country before, when I told them where I'm from. Anyways, besides lack of basic knowledge you are awesome people. I like you guys.

What are you talking about? Seriously! Everybody knows where Australia is, Mr. Smarter Than Us!

As mentioned in another thread today, I can't even bring myself to watch videos like these, as it brings home the reality that there is a huge evil draped over the world, casting ignorance on the human race. However, we have to be realistic if we are ever going to be of service to those that request it.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I´m from germany and even i can still recall the exact date and the year of this tragedy. I watched the whole event live at my house and couldn´t believe what just happened. But these kind of questions are quite common in comedy shows all around the world. And of course they don´t show when people gave the right answers that won´t be funny at all. 9/11 was a tragedy and effected the whole world not only the USA but some people will never forget. I´m one of them.

God bless america.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join