It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PERFECT Example of Why Citizens need to be Armed...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is disgusting.

Remember, these are people who fly the same colors, Bahrain is shooting REAL bullets at it's own citizens.

Don't think it won't happen to you, there's a reason they station most troops away from their home state, it's so they see marks and not neighbors.

This is sick.

Watch the first video to hear from a doctor at a hospital which is OVERFLOWING with casualties.

He says there are people dead in the road and ones that have already been brought back and they have no idea who they are since they don't carry ID.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2011 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's a human right to defend yourself. The only reason to disarm a populace is to enslave. The only reason someone will disarm me, is if I'm dead.

There is no argument for disarming the people. I can destroy any attempt.
edit on 18-2-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
F*#K Man!!!!
Who shot? The army or the pro mubarak people?
Those protesters were just walking. This crap is only going to explode out of control now...again!
WTF!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was unaware Americans were being gunned down in the street from the American military and that's why you need to be armed.

there's a reason they station most troops away from their home state, it's so they see marks and not neighbors.

Yes, the reason for being posted at different bases is an effort to reduce your compassion towards other Americans.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Humanity at its best... Sad very sad...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
F*#K Man!!!!
Who shot? The army or the pro mubarak people?
Those protesters were just walking. This crap is only going to explode out of control now...again!
WTF!

Bahrain isn't in Egypt. There are many protests going on around the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

no sticks no stones

just blood and shattered bones..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is MURDER !!!
pure and simple.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I am afraid this "perfect" example is a tad less than perfect.

Maybe I am missing something very basic here but I am sure someone can help me out here. If the US government decided to roll the military of planes, ships, armored vehicles, teams of foreign born mercenaries, high tech weapons, body armor, control of the power grid, gas, water, etc into my neighborhood. Exactly what guns do you suggest me and my neighbors keep on hand to defeat the US military on its on turf with? I will start buying them right now.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

My bad, thanks for the correction. Still, who shot?
spec

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
Exactly what guns do you suggest me and my neighbors keep on hand to defeat the US military on its on turf with? I will start buying them right now.

edited for content
mods delete
edit on 2/18/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Ummm, last time I checked,
This is AMERICA!
Land of the Blahh blahhh, Home of the Blahhhblahhh blahhh.

Bad things like this don't happen here.
Our Military/Law enforcement have nothing but the deepest love and respect for the Constitution and the citizens.

Ok seriously now,
You're right. This IS why we need guns guns and more guns.
We should be AS well equipped as our Law Enforcement/Military.

How well do you think this B.S. would go over in Bahrain if the citizens all had high capacity assult rifles?????????

Answer?????

Anyone?????

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Maybe I am missing something very basic here but I am sure someone can help me out here. If the US government decided to roll the military of planes, ships, armored vehicles, teams of foreign born mercenaries, high tech weapons, body armor, control of the power grid, gas, water, etc into my neighborhood. Exactly what guns do you suggest me and my neighbors keep on hand to defeat the US military on its on turf with? I will start buying them right now.

This defeatist logic proves to be even more fatal. Any weapon is better than no weapon. I think you are greatly overestimating the willingness of the military as a whole to engage U.S. Citizens. Regardless, any rifle is effective enough if used properly.

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Tephra

My bad, thanks for the correction. Still, who shot?
spec

The Military of Bahrain opened fire on unarmed peaceful protesters.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

So you are thinking the US will eventually launch an attack on it's own citizens?
Isn't this why we moved here to America...to prevent this?

Who do you suppose will be doing the shooting?
Armed forces? National Guard?

And the purpose or end goal of this attack will be.....what?

The most likely scenario is going to be trigger happy neo cons taking arms against, stealing from and trying to dominate their pacifist neighbors.
It will be a civil war and not a government take over.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sadly, martyrs are required to make a revolution stronger.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

well put SCREWED..

i would rather not die.. but i would die, to save any american,,
even Sugar tips...
LOL

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Any kind will do i guess, you'd probably die and I would too along with millions of others but I'll be damned sure that I'd be taking one or two of them with me to meet our maker. I hope none of this ever happens in America but if it ever were to happen unarmed citizens will be looking to armed citizens for support and safety and to try and put a stop to the madness. Although having a whole brute force onslaught in a country the size and the #'s of people in America it would be impossible to sustain for a prolonged invasion because the logistics involved would be mind boggling.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

you think you're little .38 smith and wesson, or your .40 sig sauer can stand up against the full might of the american military if something like this happened in america.

there is no weapon you can legally own to be effective against the u.s. armed forces.

you'll be slaughtered if they so choose to.

you can plink off rounds on an abrams all day. you'll be lucky if national guardsmen feels your round on his body armour.

the american citizens are vastly, vastly undergunned to defend it's self against the u.s. military.

the second amendment is no threat to them. and any weapon that can inflict significant damage and level the odds such as grenades, armor piercing rounds and grenade launchers are heavily restricted and illegal to own.

but if i had to defend myself, it would be a .50 cal sniper rifle with armor piercing rounds set up out of range of small arms, and brush up on guerrilla tactics. this would only be out against an aggressive army out to kill me.

but then again an apache with infrared night vision would weed you out.

edit on 18-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Ok seriously now,
You're right. This IS why we need guns guns and more guns.
We should be AS well equipped as our Law Enforcement/Military.

OK, seriously now. I am not just trying to crap all over this concept but I am trying to look at it realistically. Our military has nuclear weapons. Get what I am asking here?

How well do you think this B.S. would go over in Bahrain if the citizens all had high capacity assult rifles?????????

It would have just resulted in more dead people. Do you think the military with armored vehicles and long range incendiaries would have just given up or maybe just killed more from a greater distance?

Answer?????

Anyone?????

If a cop came to my neighborhood and was met with armed resistance, the result would be backup. If the backup were not enough to match the armed resistance, then more backup. SWAT would come in next and if still the armed resistance were too great, MORE BACKUP.

They were plenty armed in the Branch Davidian compound. What was the result?

Did the davidians make the US turn and run, tail tucked between its legs...

or...

did ramping up military force result in a lot of innocent dead people?

Just trying to be realistic. How do people propose the typical American be as armed as the military?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join