It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wow ,consciousness has really stepped up a notch

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
The naysayers..? who cares what they think or have to say, they're not part of the solution, not helpful in the least, and therefore have little if nothing of value to add or to offer the world, to bring about the needed transformation.

LOL.

Yes, you're part of the solution...and what is that, exactly?! Being incredibly ignorant, naive, and super optimistic?! You do realize that optimism not grounded in a realistic perspective is a criminal mindset, no?!

To them I say - get out of the way c'ya bu bye.

HAHA.

I don't care what you say, and neither does nature. You will perish before most others, because you deny nature and the true state of the world to such a great extent.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
why can't we just have a nice convo of sharing information instead of fighting all the time ,if you don't feel this then fine ,there's no need to come out with things like "this is a load of crap" or "your on drugs for believing this gobbledeegook".....if you are feeling this then type a post about it. how simple can it be?

i didn't create this thread as a debate ,this thread isn't here to try and prove any thing.
edit on 18-2-2011 by AdamJagger1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamJagger1111

You posted this thread in a forum which is open to debates. It's the point of this website, to deny ignorance.

You want rainbows and butterflies, go find a gibberish-filled social networking site.

Sorry to bring some real human nature to the thread.

edit on 18-2-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Hey Buddy, got something to share with you, OP. Wonder why NorEaster made the comment about the Blood of the Lamb? Funny, you didn't say anything about that.......

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughsOnUs

i dont even know what the blood of the lamb is lol

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

You posted this thread in a forum which is open to debates. It's the point of this website, to deny ignorance.

You want rainbows and butterflies, go find a gibberish-filled social networking site.

Sorry to bring some real human nature to the thread.

edit on 18-2-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

Good point about the over optimism. Like I've said, I do believe in an 'ascension' process of kinds, in where your soul graduates to a new level.

And I'm not gonna dedicate my entire life to pursuing it like I've also said. All I can do with what I have now, what I know, is do the best I can. Not hope for the best, not pray for the best or go blindly about my days but ACTUALLY take action and do something that will provide good. Do something for yourself like get an education, a better job. Do something for a neighbor by shoveling their snow a time or two, and when weeds overtake your house maybe they'll be there to lend a helping hand. It's about community.

Nature is a community. The ecosystem is the most advanced community existing, and it indeed was created by nature. Nature is beautiful, and I have more respect and love for it than anything else. But I still believe in an equaled aspect of seeing beauty not only on this planet, but my GOD!!! Have you even looked at the stars? Really thought about the paradises and horrors that await us out there, it's beautiful. And why not look towards what great exploration will brings us in terms of joy (optimistic view) versus looking at the universe with fear and confusion at the thought of some evil, alien race invading us and killing everyone (pessimistic).

Life is what you make of it, you can only try your hardest. But I'll be damned if I don't see a LOT around me that not only brings me sadness by looking into the eyes of the hungry child (although I've seen it), experiencing the pain of losing all your belongings to a random house fire (and experienced it), but by seeing that the seasons withdraw from their doom and gloom they bring, and will come with an ACTUAL world you could go outside and see, that, indeed is filled with flowers, butterflies, happy thoughts and joy. And they provide new life and experiences, flowers bloom, pollinate, create new flowers. Trees get back their leaves and can feel beautiful again. But the energy for all that doesn't just come from anywhere...

If you've never felt synchronism, your intuition pulling your disposition from a situation, never believed in ghosts and spirits, aren't religious, haven't had any spiritual experiences, don't meditate, and plain old enjoy life then I can definitely see the cynicism. Until then I'll keep walking seeing the beauty, hope, and joy there is to be found in the grass on my lawn, the flowers in the hills I hike, the energy I feel when the Earth is expressing itself and its inhabitants express also.

It's not division, for me at least. It's me putting what I believe out there, saying here you go, if you're interested I'll explain. Why should I stop at a camp, and share my experiences with people who aren't in the least interested in learning from me, or teaching me when I could walk down the happy path until I bump into like minded people. It's not me laying down a line, it's me packing up my belongings saying "So long! Was nice attempting to relate, obviously it's not going well. See ya later!" and nothing more, which is what the majority are expressing on this forum.

I think a few are misled in what wording they choose, but feel the same. It's not a "holier than thou", as if you've really awakened you've seen that's one of the faults and setbacks of organized religion, which I am in no way a fan of, affiliated with, or on par with. But I'll still discuss it civilly. Some do take off on their high, spiritual horses though unfortunately and that won't get them far but reset on the path to truly find out what their current experience is supposed to have taught them.
edit on 18-2-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What exactly does "consciousness has really stepped up a notch" mean? The answer is probably somewhere in the thread already, but I've went through like 5 pages and it seems like everyone that has "risen in consciousness" doesn't want to explain it for some reason.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shagula

And so what's changed? Did you gain some materialistic possessions in that time of being on top that no longer bring you joy

I'm not materialistic in anyway, money has no hold on me nor trends or material desires

did you get out of school (as in no longer pursuing education)?

Exactly the opposite. Just before my daughter was born I felt massively compelled to return to education and pursue an education that could help make a difference. I'm studying for a degree in electronics engineering with nano-technology

Did you lose some materialistic possessions?

No

If it's purely a mental shift into darkness, depression or loneliness is there now companionship for you to seek, have you tried meditating?

I have a companion, my partner is my best friend as is my daughter as for meditation I have done so nearly everyday for the last 2 years.

To be honest, each and everyday has led me to become more connected with myself over the years.

But through the pursuit of knowledge and self betterment a certain transparency in life is exposed and with this transparency you see what could be and what should be.

But it is not.

I suspect I'm going through the phase that everyone does of up and down, like a boat upon the rough sea.

I just wish it would hurry up

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locked
What exactly does "consciousness has really stepped up a notch" mean? The answer is probably somewhere in the thread already, but I've went through like 5 pages and it seems like everyone that has "risen in consciousness" doesn't want to explain it for some reason.

Increase in consciousness has always been happening. If you don't know what that even means, take for example science. Thousands of years ago it was easy to conform to religion, a simple life, with a fair ruler and you did your part in the community every day. Great, it was effective. Civilizations lasted thousands of years based on that simple living and premise.

But also in those days, you were lucky to live past 30 years old. There was no bathing, no dentists to polish up your teeth. You were just surviving, not much more.

But bring on the revolution of science and medicine, and see how ridiculously fast that has changed us. Our 'consciousness', or understanding of everything that's in us, around us, what we can control and what controls us. When you are stuck at a fork in the road in life, what do you do? You think deep, deep into your thoughts to think what is most, really, just 'you' in that situation. If you didn't have that inner 'you', or a consciousness, what would you be? If that inner 'you' stayed primitive and was never growing, why would we ever want more out of life than just sitting in a field with the grass and the wind? I'm sure you do have an appreciation for nature, like trees and camping and such... and that is still part of inner 'you', it never lost its roots. But it's grown, and advanced to the ideas of free will, choosing your career, gaining an education and a specialization, or niche in life that you really enjoy or appreciate.

Now also, do you believe in ghosts? Reflect on that for a minute. Do you believe in extra terrestrials? If you could sit and ponder on that for a minute, your consciousness was just growing. You now know more about yourself than you did before, have defined what 'you' really is.

Now imagine where so much information like government, family, friends, backstabbing, promotions at work, religious priorities, aliens, ghosts, where you want to live in life, where you want to travel, what your favorite color is, your favorite animal, do you like your name? Your handwriting? What's your favorite drink?

You don't possibly have all the time to live your life, having to make decisions and changes, react to things in real time and still reflect on all of those things. Imagine you were meditating (taking the time to sort those thoughts), and a voice came into your conscious providing reassuring thoughts and confirmation of your beliefs. What do you think of that? Reflection. Now, imagine that 1,000 people experienced that same phenomenon, and all gathered to discuss it.

A lot of people are realizing little things like synchronism, their beliefs, and taking what history has shown us, combing it with say the data from the Hubble space telescope and it COMPLETELY redefines EVERYTHING we knew about the universe, and what we will learn. Now imagine that science can PROVE that there are multiple planes of existence, this 'spirit world' where people visit when they astrally project is an ACTUAL thing. Imagine the shift in people's thought, when everything they didn't believe is now true. Consciousness shift.

Now by no means on this forum have we 'proved' anything, but that there is hope with people who have like minded ideals, and we can gather to discuss those, debate, and nurture and grow. When there's a direct attack on people who are doing nothing but trying to learn, grow, gain control over power... it's easy to attack them back, for a lack of respect for your beliefs and opinions. Which, admittedly, religion has had to deal with thousands and thousands of years. So they're all very similar, but very different. It's all just movement, progression. When one field of progression stops, to stay happy and feel joy, you have to be progressing somehwere. We happen to live in a lucky time where we can sharpen our spiritual side of ourselves, while seeking education on any subject AND having science come at us everyday with crazy new developments. They are VERY exciting and different times, indeed!!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJagger1111
reply to post by hawaii50th

when did i ever say this was about religion?

The idea you have this new consciousness awakening in you is new age, that's where it originates from. This idea goes back to the early seventies when George Harrison got into the hari Krishna religion. That's the origin and it incorporated other pagan beliefs along the way, you could say it started off as a brush fire and turned into a raging out of control forest fire.
So stop kidding yourself, and come to the realization that you got caught in the trap of new age paganism.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

Sounds like you have it figured out... not much to worry about based on that response, in my opinion. Things will sort themselves out. Life is nature, nature tests the ability of everything around it. Persevere and grow from it, the next time will be easier.

Now this is an interesting thing... In my eyes, you are living a very blessed life! I'd feel lucky to be in your shoes, honestly. But that is a beautiful thing of perception. One man's nightmare can be another's paradise, as old knowledge goes. Sounds like if you can point out everything that SHOULD make you happy, look forward to another day but you don't actually feel it more self-development is to take place... Look inside yourself, and anything you can point to particularly work on. If you don't know how to work on it, bring the subject up with a close friend and get their point of view, a different perspective on inner conflict can make a whole world's (or mind's?) difference! And while I can look at your life and think "Damn, wish I had that!" I still sit here chipper as ever typing away on my keyboard.

And who knows, maybe if now is indeed a true time of transformation (it's gotta happen eventually, and we won't know if it's now until the future) it's your inner self begging to be released, begging to gain the abilities of the spiritual side again. Maybe its pushing you to experience a raise in consciousness.

For me, personally, my raise in consciousness began when I was a kid and was very interested in the idea of ETs, a little bit about science and space. I saw a UFO when I was a kid one night, and it got me enthralled in the idea of alien abductions. Stories of those abductions is what actually brought me to ATS in the first place. I lurked the UFO forum for years, never stepping foot outside of it.

I was a very independant kid, was always myself and had heard a thing here or there about the illuminati, NWO, conspiracies and the like and never believed it. I thought 'How RIDICULOUS it sounds of people to think that the original moon landing was a hoax!!". A few months ago, it all changed. Slowly over the years I became more aware of what the illuminati were, then it was the NWO, from there it led to chem trails, political conspiracies, secret government projects and all the stories of spiritual powers and experiences.

At the time (a few months ago) I was REALLY, REALLY digging into secret government tech and conspiracies, I came into contact with someone I had heard of for quite some time but never met. He kinda came up out of nowhere, and within the next month he had asked my roommates to move in with us. It was a magical change... before this, I had my own theories on religion and souls. I have long decided, that in my opinion, there is no God at all. I'm an atheist in the truest form, but have always believed in souls and spirits. I had believed in ghosts, and the paranormal but never had a full blown experience. And not to say I have had one yet, either from the paranormal or spirit world. But this new guy, he introduced me into this entire world of spirituality. It started talking about conspiracy, and developed into a much deeper friendship than I had ever imagined.

I do not think I am above anybody else, or have any better answers. I constantly have to battle thoughts in my head of what most recent eveng was good, wrong, bad or misshapen. What the latest revelation I hear from the spiritual side of me really means or what will really happen. There's been a LOT of coincidences recently, and a lot of correlation to this year being a catalyst for a much larger movement. I believe this on a very deep level, but I haven't been touched by a celestial being's infinite knowledge or heard the voice of God. I meditate frequently, reflect on my thoughts, research interesting topics, try to live a good life and always try to expand my skills with energy uses and healing. I've just come to gain such defined feelings, opinions, and experiences that was my shift in consciousness. It wasn't ultimate knowledge, it was just knowing that there is ultimate knowledge for me to attain!!! That's what drives me. To hope that disclosure will happen to that we can sooner dig into our roots in the universe and find new, exciting technologies and peoples and entire worlds! To hope that I can make the most of this physical life and have all the work I've put into my inner energy actually grow and become an entity that can further provide stronger resonance for the hope and fight of good, and the never ending pursuit of knowledge.

I believe there is an ever lasting battle of Good vs. Bad, which is just plain nature. There's got to be negative energy for there to be positive. It's just easier to fall prey to the negative and to more easily use its powers!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
No mate. It's probably less people using drugs ad alcohol.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
One thing you can always rely on is, history always repeats it's self.

An increase in consciousness means growing up and learning things the hard way equal experience. Some go through life never growing up, they don't for some reason have the ability to learn from their experiences. Some will find out late in life who they really are, some learn that the day they begin to walk.

We are no different from thousands of years ago than we are today in mentality except for knowledge in technology, medicine, science and there is still a lot of theory in that, and a much bigger population.
All of the increase of knowledge has brought a lot of good and a lot of bad.

Who's really in control all depends on where your status in life sits, what level or degree your position dictates around you.

Every single person that ever lived, and that is alive, and that will come has and will have freedom to choose, freedom of thought, unless of course for the less fortunate that may be afflicted with some type of disorder or handicap.

There has been times in the past and still happens today where one person had the charisma to influence large amounts of people either to their deaths or to war, hardly to productive ends.

These times that we live in are extraordinary yes, and life is what you make it. But sometimes the ideas are just unrealistic.

No one can point the finger at someone else without three of their own fingers pointing right back at them, like I said before, when will we all take responsibility for our own words and our own actions? And stop acting like this holier than thou attitude like someone themselves said earlier, how about looking in the mirror some time.

And being long winded doesn't make us look like we got all this wisdom of greatness either.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Maybe haarps is hitting your house..Just a joke.What does the date have to do with anything?And also can you tell me what exactly you are aware of now that you weren't then?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christarella
Ok, here's my view OP. A friend of mine has been ill for quite some time now. At work she used to sit right behind me. Her misery was killing me, not that I was feeling her pain or discomfort, but that it was washing over me in waves of I don't know what. It drained me, made me very sad for her discomfort. She has fibromyalgia and she really suffers with it. I wanted to help but didn't know how. Around that same time I kept running into the word Reiki (I know, I know, whateva!) anyway, it was there all the time. I was reading a smutty romance novel and it mentioned it. I didn't pay much attention (seein's how it was a smutty novel and all) a couple of days later I saw it as a headline in the health section of our local newspaper. I thought, hmmm, funny, I just heard that word, I wonder what it is. So I looked it up and rolled my eyes at the concept. My kooky sister in law had done something similar to my mom once. Well, then a few days later I saw the word again. On and on it went until I felt like maybe it was trying to reach out and reel me in. Needless to say, I looked into it and researched it for quite some time before I decided to try it. It in itself has been one heck of an enlightening experience. I became a student of it almost a year ago now and ever since then I have changed. I am calmer, more caring, more loving, more open minded, more thoughtful. People close to me have on several occasions commented on how laid back I am now. I don't get upset over trivial little things, anymore and I don't have road rage either
Best of all I have been able to give my friend some much needed relief for periods of time. No her Fibro isn't cured, but it does help her with inflamation.

I think that enlightenment can mean different things to different people. I do notice things more now than I ever did before, so maybe its kind of an "awareness" if that makes any sense to the posters who wanted a description. NOT that I think I am so totally aware of anything or above anyone by any stretch of the imagination, just for ME I feel more enlightened about my purpose maybe being to help others in some way. Its a good feeling. And something I needed in my life.
So yes OP, in a way, I have felt it too.

Now THIS is a rise in consciousness!
You recieved "the call" to help. When (like me very often) you finally stopped being dense and said "hey, maybe I should listen", you followed through.
It didnt "just happen", you "built yourself up" to operate. All this "hey, I'm enlightened now!" crap is garbage.

Want enlightenment? Put yourself in a position to recieve, "prepare" yourself, and get'er done!

sand virtual F for you!

You know what. you just helped send me a message by my having posted. I'm dense
!

I need to do more "positioning, preparing, and gettin'er done.
Thanks!

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
The naysayers..? who cares what they think or have to say, they're not part of the solution, not helpful in the least, and therefore have little if nothing of value to add or to offer the world, to bring about the needed transformation.

LOL.

Yes, you're part of the solution...and what is that, exactly?! Being incredibly ignorant, naive, and super optimistic?! You do realize that optimism not grounded in a realistic perspective is a criminal mindset, no?!

To them I say - get out of the way c'ya bu bye.

HAHA.

I don't care what you say, and neither does nature. You will perish before most others, because you deny nature and the true state of the world to such a great extent.

Which "world" is that?

One whole world, or paradigm, is definitely perishing, but it's not the one that I'm moving into. c'ya bu bye.

Just kidding around, you're more than welcome to join us of course..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Consciousness:The state of being conscious; awareness of one's own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc.
So what about the psychopaths?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

So anyway, going back to the first post... you said that you have been feeling it in waves. Are you speaking of yourself and the waves happening since around Feb 11th, or speaking of the general population in recent history?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

"Put yourself in a position to recieve"

I think that this brings up a good point. In a way I think it has to do with faith. Because it's not like you just "decided" to have a spiritual experience; something happened to cause you to become aware. Because you don't know what you don't know. In other words, you didn't control what happened; something greater than you opened your eyes (whether you believe that's God, the universe, nature or whatever).

I dunno, just a thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why does anyone believe in this idea called ascension? A very vague word might I add.

Or this idea called "waking up"?

Whatever it is, I guess what Im referring to is this idea that one day we are all going to, for whatever reason, become godlike beings?

It seems like quite a lot of people buy into this fantasy that a certain given day will come and we will all of a sudden be better people. Or some will ascend before others and what not.

I think that its all fanatical. Just like thinking someday Jesus is going to come from the sky to take care of all of us as well.

People have this inherent desire to be cared for by another, a desire to hand over ones own well-being over to the responsibility of one who will pamper them.

Example would be the Government. A lot of people rest at night on the dream that somehow their country is being ran by men and women who have the interest of the citizens held at heart. They do and WANT to believe that somebody is there to care for them and always will be. its comforting.

It must stem from a natural primitive survival instinct that all humans must have developed from the care of their parents at a time. An evolved nature that lies in everyone at different levels.

It might be the same reason people believe in God. Its a comforting thought.

Why should we Ascend? We may think that we are more advanced than the creatures around us. We may think that there is something special about us that separate the human organism apart from less developed species.

But we are special! We have families and we can fall in love and sing! We can dance and laugh! Its obvious that we are more advanced than the ants marching in the ant farm? Right?

Yes. BUT......From our VIEW POINT

is that not also a primitive form of thought? That we see the world from human eyes, how could we not hold this bias? To think we are even more spiritually developed than the microorganisms in our soil, to me, is a farce.

What is real truth does not revolve itself around the human race. We will not ascend in my opinion. The idea of ascension is another pillow used in order to help certain people sleep through the night.

But the idea of Ascension just "resonates" with them! so It must be true.

I can think of another place I have heard similar words...let me think.... oh yeah! In a church!

They call this feeling "Faith" It probably helps them sleep too. Every things going to be OK!

Waking up to me is only realizing how insignificant we really are and that there is no reason we should consider ourselves special. Maybe realizing that the only ascension that could ever happen would be that if people starting BEING the change they wish to see in the world.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join