It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View 08: The Aspartame Menace!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Following on the heels of several topics on AboveTopSecret.com related to health risks associated with artificial sweeteners, our Street View teams seeks out the opinion of the diverse crowd wandering through Times Square in Manhattan. Some of the responses indicate an encouraging awareness of the problems, others might not care so much, and at least one ... response is... well... sort of... never mind, you're just going to have to watch. Thanks to our Street View team for another entertaining look at the opinions of people on the street, and especially to the members of AboveTopSecret.com for being a constant source of material.

Standard Definition:

(click to open player in new window)

Click Here to View the HD Version

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Afte study of the known side effects of this stuff its a wonder any company dares to commercially sell it to Anyone let alone young children,
I think it should be banned immediately as an unsafe ingredient

edit on 16/2/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Best video to date IMHO. Very effective.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I understand that there is a new sweetner coming out even worse than Aspartame, and if what I read is true the food industry will have no need to label its inclusion in its products. Here in the UK a popular chocolate bar called Mars Bars contains Aspartame but do not list it in the ingredients, they say its covered in the term flavouring??
Right its a flavouring, the same way Arsnic or cyanide is.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

What's with the random capitalization? Am I overlooking something?

edit on 16/2/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Excellent interviews on the streets of N.Y. I am impressed that most people were aware of Aspartame and it's negative effects.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have a friend who is into keeping fit, she is into dieting and drinks a lot of diet drinks. Which contain aspartame. She is very scatty minded and also very forgetful. I made her aware of this info and she now avoids it. Of course her memory problems have ceased. Its a poison as far as Im concerned and should be banned.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roystun

I understand that there is a new sweetner coming out even worse than Aspartame, and if what I read is true the food industry will have no need to label its inclusion in its products. Here in the UK a popular chocolate bar called Mars Bars contains Aspartame but do not list it in the ingredients, they say its covered in the term flavouring??
Right its a flavouring, the same way Arsnic or cyanide is.

Mars Bars contains aspartame? Are you kidding me?

Nestea Iced Tea also contains "flavoring" so I'm guessing it's most likely aspartame.

Can you at the very least provide a link on the sweetener you're referring to?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Most companies realise that its bad, but they don't care. It is used in the same way that flouride is. It is just another poison to aid with the global dumbing down of the general populace. People need to realise that Governments are not there to serve and pharmacutical corporations don't want their medcines to cure you. It doesn't pay to have patients with good health. They want a dumb, docile society that they can control easily.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And they laughed at me.

What more can I say?

EDIT to add: I found a soda sweetened with stevia the other day. I was stunned.

Anyway, why AREN'T They using stevia? Mix it with some agave and it tastes just like sugar (and I have had some discerning pallets agree). Why isn't stevia - which doesn't seem that difficult to grow - being looked at and promoted more? It helps stabilize the blood sugar, even.

They want to poison us?
edit on 2/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: Now that the initial shock has worn off...

edit on 2/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: typo

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Sorry about that

Its the fancy touchpad im using when i rest my hands in certain places it seems to insert either Caps or make my typing jump back and forth

edit on 16/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

I have a friend who is into keeping fit, she is into dieting and drinks a lot of diet drinks
Haha, I've said it once today...and I'll say it again...anyone who drinks "diet" cola to keep healthy (HAHA) or keep their weight down is just really going about it all wrong. The calories are burnt up depending on the amount of consumption and your metabolism. The only thing diet coke offers is poisonous sweeteners, so really diet cola is a hell of a lot worse for your body. Plus, normal sugar drinks taste way better. If you think a few tablespoons of sugar is going to make you fatter because of the calories, I don't know what to tell you, except to try some organic foods and some exercise.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

The link about the new sweetner? No unfortunately I was researching something else when I came across it. I never kept it. I am sure if you google new sweetner you will get a hit.
The Mars Bar was down to my brother writting to them about it. He also wrote to Lemsip because that contains aspartame too. I think its in nearly 6000 products currently. I wish I could remember the name of the new sweetner but anyway i think that you will find Searle involved with it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Just checked it up. The new sweetner is called Neotame. From what I understand it is worse than Aspartame. I wonder if they use the same amino acids in the new stuff!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thank god regular coke is a cure all drink.Coke contains Coriander oil.Corianderoil is possibly the most medicinal herb on the planet,with therapeutic properties including analalgesic,aphrodisiac,antispasmodic,carminative,depurative,deodorant,digestive,fungicidal.lipolytic,stimulant and stomachic.Along with coriander, coke has orange and lemon oils,and other natural ingredients.The list of amazing health benefits from the coke ingredients is tremendous.Keep up the good work Coke,and p.s., real men can handle a little corn syrup.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Aspartame never should have made it to market.A little research will turn up the name Donald Rumsfeld.Ring any bells.He ran the company that developed this stuff.There are so many threads here at ATS about this stuff.Here's a link to a search I just did looking for rumsfelds name linked to aspertame.www.abovetopsecret.com... eld%22+&sa=Search#1086
I have read many horror stories about this poision.One of the links I turned Up on ATS has a woman in florida using it for an ant killer.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I can't comment on the video. Took my computer to circut city and since then can't get any audio. They claim they have no idea what were talking about.

But anyway I have totally eliminated pop out of my home. My children were never allowed to drink it. But then they became teenagers and decided it was their choice. It's been three years and now they come to me start spewing the bad things they have learned. I WON!! Boy I tell ya, if you put them in the right direction they eventually figure it out. They now won't even drink the power drinks.
In our home it's water with lemon juice or other concocotions. even the old man quit drinking JD. went to Vodka and lemon juice. Fresh!
Personally YUK. But I have to fight each battle one at a time.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So do we go on killing our people or do we change?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

One of the links I turned Up on ATS has a woman in florida using it for an ant killer.
Oh yes, it's a rather deadly insecticide. Yep, we lace our soft drinks with a poison that can be used as insecticide. There's not much debate about the matter IMO, the trick is to stop these scum bags marketing and selling poison to us and our children! One of the above posters is right, it's exactly like flouride (used by Nazi's to dumb down their prisoners), they lace our drinking fluids with fluoride and aspartame, and we do nothing about it because we are so stupid we can't even realize it's poison, and we just bicker all day about it instead of doing something about it. I grow more and more tedious of this planet and the people on it every single day. Some times I think we deserve what we get.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Thank god regular coke is a cure all drink.Coke contains Coriander oil.Corianderoil is possibly the most medicinal herb on the planet,with therapeutic properties including analalgesic,aphrodisiac,antispasmodic,carminative,depurative,deodorant,digestive,fungicidal.lipolytic,stimulant and stomachic.Along with coriander, coke has orange and lemon oils,and other natural ingredients.The list of amazing health benefits from the coke ingredients is tremendous.Keep up the good work Coke,and p.s., real men can handle a little corn syrup.

I suggest going with sugar. Sugar: press till juices come out. Dry the juices. Sugar. Corn syrup: Mash (GMO) corn. Add this chemical. Run through that filter. Clean with the other chemical. Heat. Cool. and so on. Till you finally get something Humans really don't have the system to handle well without the supporting structure of a clean strain of corn.

They are adding ingredients just as we add to our cattle feed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join