It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View 08: The Aspartame Menace!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSmediaPRO
Thank you so much for the kind words about the show.

I'm writing to post the side effects list we've researched while in pre-production for the show. I've also included a current sheet detailing the sodas, or pop depending on your geographic location, that have aspartame in the ingredient list. Thanks for watching

Side Effects
Products

And thank you for your work, Joe. [smile]

Off to peruse the products.

EDIT to add: I noticed that none of those 5 and 6 hour energy drinks are listed. I believe I saw aspartame on one ingredient list...

Thanks again!
edit on 2/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: Addition

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Originally posted by Roystun
reply to post by Pimander

A large amount of salt intake is certainly not good for you. Does it cause hypertension, The clips that you provided suggests a tenuous link between heart attack, blood pressure and salt. The problem with this type of analysis is that it does not provide the full picture. We don't know how many of the heart attack victim smoked, took medication that had blood pressure as a side effect. What there actual salt intake was. Although I do not say that salt was not a contributry factor I do say the study is incomplete.
Its science and the global warming scam all over again.

You can say exactly the same about research on aspartame or the studies of any other any other additive. High blood pressure (hypertension) is KNOWN to cause cardiovascular disease. High salt intake is KNOWN to cause hypertension.

I am a qualified Pharmacologist who has conducted research on disease by the way.
edit on 16/2/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

I always love that term known. Thats why I left science. It was once known that the earth was flat also.
I was a biochemist but discovered what a scam science really is.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by piercebitchone

You don't need to drink a freakin diet soda to get caffeine...what's wrong with normal coke, or coffee?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Yeah Sugar free Redbull has it. I do apologize for not adding, we only have a certain amount of time to research material and put everything together.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I wonder how much shop keepers and supermarket ceo's/managers know.

Like, if they were aware of the negative effects of it, would they stop selling the products?

I remember asking my dentist about fluoride in water and toothpaste, and he assured me it was safe. What I want to know is, how deep do this things go? Do the middle men know the facts, and keep quiet to make some money, or are they oblivious to it all?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by splittheatom

What a great question ! All I know is that the rabbit hole goes very deep and its not just about making money. Its about dumbing down and making the populace more docile as we drop further and further into tyrany. Makes us easier to control partly, but the rabbit hole goes much, much deeper than that and before you look be sure that you want to know. Once you learn something you cannot unlearn it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Hmmm, well the "Adverse Reactions And Side Effects Of Apsartame" document has nothing about the 60% increase in risk of cancer...but I remember one of the guys in the video saying something about some "new research", it was the guy with diet coke actually (quite ironic lol). I'm guessing that's where some of this info is coming from?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

That study we quoted is from a news article here

Hannah Gardener, Sc.D., an epidemiologist with the Miller School of Medicine and project leader on the diet drink study, presented the findings at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Dr. Gardener detailed the project, which tracked more than 2,500 Manhattan (New York City) residents for approximately a decade. Ongoing examinations tracked participants' ages, daily calorie totals, exercise, alcohol use, smoking habits, blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and more.

edit on 16-2-2011 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSmediaPRO

Yeah Sugar free Redbull has it. I do apologize for not adding, we only have a certain amount of time to research material and put everything together.

As a (woefully unemployed, desperately seeking work) graphic artist, I grasp deadlines and information-gathering limitations on projects like this. No need to apologize. [smile]

What you put together was wonderful.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

unfortunately that's what you have to do another name is amino sweet,it's called carageean in ice cream and yogurts and has a few other names as well.You can find all the infor you need at world natural health organization its loaded with great information on aspartame as well as other food additives.www.wnho.net...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

Wow, I must have missed that story (which I'm assuming was posted as a separate thread?). It took an entire decade to compose this study, and FINALLY we have some real evidence that aspartame shouldn't be consumed by humans. I have a friend who drinks several bottles of diet coke each day. I'm going to give him crap if he gets cancer before me, because I smoke. How funny would that be.

EDIT: Oh, it actually seems to be a 60% increase in risk of stroke and heart attack, not cancer?

edit on 16-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

unfortunately that's what you have to do another name is amino sweet,it's called carageean in ice cream and yogurts and has a few other names as well.You can find all the infor you need at world natural health organization its loaded with great information on aspartame as well as other food additives.www.wnho.net...

I think that is incorrect. IIRC, carageenan is derived from seaweed...

I could be proven wrong (off to research).

EDIT to add: Yup. Carrageenan (correct sp) is derived from seaweed.
edit on 2/16/2011 by Amaterasu because: update

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

reply to post by TWILITE22

thank you for that I haven't researched it yet just heard about it. Are you sure its just a relabelling? I wonder if that is why they don't have to label it in products now, because it is already "established"
That will be good for sales, how does one avoid it if you don't know it is there. Perhaps we should start a campaign and get everyone to write to a food producer to see. corallate all the data on a database for anyone to see.
again its called carageean in ice cream,amino sweet(like amino acids)I guess that name is supposed confuse us sheeple,nutra sweet,and a few others oh yea they think we can't read that's how stupid they think we,the people are.I can just see them sitting around the board room (ha ha I see mr smithers)how shall we get them to eat this stuff,well lets rename it they'll never know!I hope they fired the guy who suggested that one.anyway you can find a lot of good information atwww.wnho.net...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

sorry I got the link wrong,this one will workwww.wnho.net...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

yes your correct its not a sweetener but it is an additive that is controversial in itself,I have taken my family off all food additives as well
I have a tendency to get confused sometimes.I'm trying to find the list of aka of aspartame.I'll post it if I do.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

Hmmm, well it turned me off almost instantly with its "stop abortion", "stop cloning" and "stop atheism" banners. Well, the last one isn't quite true, but that's basically what it was saying. Anyways, I don't need to any more research on this (I'm sure others will find that website useful however), I know very well that aspartame is poison, and I hope others will realize the truth as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

reply to post by rexusdiablos

Just checked it up. The new sweetner is called Neotame. From what I understand it is worse than Aspartame. I wonder if they use the same amino acids in the new stuff!
It's the same thing ,they are trying to rename it to fool the consumer,the only way to beat them at their own game is to stop buying all of their products with any artificial sweeteners.

Actually, it is slightly different - chemically. However, essentially the same differences that exist between different types of Anthrax.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

yes your correct its not a sweetener but it is an additive that is controversial in itself,I have taken my family off all food additives as well
I have a tendency to get confused sometimes.I'm trying to find the list of aka of aspartame.I'll post it if I do.

I believe carrageenan is added for much the same reason that agar agar is added. It thickens things.

And I agree that additives are mostly evil. I try to eat organic, simple foods. Looking forward to your research results. [smile]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

you don't have to agree on everything but it does have good info on aspartame,and other food additives

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

yes they are trying to tell us it's healthy for us by calling it amino-sweet!duh!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join