It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Street View 08: The Aspartame Menace!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Not only should this be banned we also need to overhaul the FDA,aspartame as well as msg,should be removed from all consumer goods.I believe these are the cause of a lot of childhood conditions and is directly linked to my sons condition.
I've banned it from my house,and I have found it to be in most ice creams,yogurt,pre-baked goods,chocolate/strawberry drinks,juices,cookies and more than I can list here.Most people are unwilling to put in the time and some just don't care enough to make the changes.It took me an hour more in the grocery store than usual but its well worth it,I can now zip in and out because I know what not to buy.I believe eventually the companies will get the message if we all stick together and not buy their products and demand that these chemicals be removed,and not replaced nor renamed,removed completely from all foods and medications.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roystun
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Just checked it up. The new sweetner is called Neotame. From what I understand it is worse than Aspartame. I wonder if they use the same amino acids in the new stuff!
It's the same thing ,they are trying to rename it to fool the consumer,the only way to beat them at their own game is to stop buying all of their products with any artificial sweeteners.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Not only should this be banned we also need to overhaul the FDA,aspartame as well as msg,should be removed from all consumer goods.I believe these are the cause of a lot of childhood conditions and is directly linked to my sons condition.

I surely hope your son improves fully. Yes. Overhaul everything. Get rid of the excitotoxin, MSG. And a number of other creepy things they add to food, like partially hydrogenated oils.

I've banned it from my house,and I have found it to be in most ice creams,yogurt,pre-baked goods,chocolate/strawberry drinks,juices,cookies and more than I can list here.Most people are unwilling to put in the time and some just don't care enough to make the changes.It took me an hour more in the grocery store than usual but its well worth it,I can now zip in and out because I know what not to buy.I believe eventually the companies will get the message if we all stick together and not buy their products and demand that these chemicals be removed,and not replaced nor renamed,removed completely from all foods and medications.

I never accepted any sweetener in my drinks that wasn't natural, thankfully. I began this "health kick" a long time ago, and when I would warn people about aspartame...they laughed at me. Heh. Well then. I tried.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

Yes, You are so right there. I have other information about Aspartame which is risky sharing in open forum but you can take this as gossip rather than fact and do your own research.
From my contacts I was told that the U.S Military comittioned research into a neurotoxin. (Which is against all internatonal treaties except for defencive purposes.)
The lab involved combined two amino acids and tested it out on lab rats. It required large doses over long periods to kill but it left large holes in the rats brains and dameged the nervous system. It wasn't any good for them because it didn't kill quick enough. However, a lab tech apparently accidently tasted the product and found it to be increadibly sweet, something that he didn't forget when he joined Searle (Run by Rumsfelds brother in-law).
Voila! Aspartame was born

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Just checked it up. The new sweetner is called Neotame. From what I understand it is worse than Aspartame. I wonder if they use the same amino acids in the new stuff!
It's the same thing ,they are trying to rename it to fool the consumer,the only way to beat them at their own game is to stop buying all of their products with any artificial sweeteners.

Oh yeah, I heard about that stupid plan to change the name a while ago actually. That's probably because they wanted to trick those smart people who actually read the ingredients into buying their crap - they need to tap into that potential market - and the only way to do so is to deceive the customer - like always.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

thank you for that I haven't researched it yet just heard about it. Are you sure its just a relabelling? I wonder if that is why they don't have to label it in products now, because it is already "established"
That will be good for sales, how does one avoid it if you don't know it is there. Perhaps we should start a campaign and get everyone to write to a food producer to see. corallate all the data on a database for anyone to see.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by TWILITE22

thank you for that I haven't researched it yet just heard about it. Are you sure its just a relabelling? I wonder if that is why they don't have to label it in products now, because it is already "established"

Say WHAT? Sorry, but they don't have to label things that contain this "neo"creppola??? Did I catch that correctly? If so... That's just wrong. "Established?" What, wheat is not established so they have to list it? Something is fishyish.

That will be good for sales, how does one avoid it if you don't know it is there. Perhaps we should start a campaign and get everyone to write to a food producer to see. corallate all the data on a database for anyone to see.

I'll say that will. Where can one find the legislation that allows them to do that? I would like the exact legal path and wording.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I jumped in and watched the video - while finishing my lunch and yup, drinking a diet cola with aspartame. I knew it causes cancer but I do not know what other health risks are associated with it. Was there a list here that I missed?

Oh, and yes, I'm going to the kitchen now to dump the rest of my Poison diet drink. I will read every single flipping label as I have a 3 year granddaughter I take care of and no poison shall pass her lips while on my watch.

Thank you ATS for bringing this up to the front.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

sorry, but where is the legal president to "medicate" the water supply without control of either the dose or whom recieves it. And this "medication" is not prescribed by a doctor as is the case with adding flouride to water. These evil men live in our society and are above the Law its as simple as that. They own you, they own me and they own the Law.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Being fat increases the likelihood of developing cancer too, so drinking the sugary alternative to aspartame is also harmful. The better option is to drink water and small amounts of fruit juice.

As for banning Aspartame, there are other additives that cause you damage. For a start salt (NaCl) is a major contributing factor in heart disease - the biggest killer in the US and UK. They add too much salt to virtually every processed food. Surely that is a bigger problem?
edit on 16/2/11 by Pimander because: clarify

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That was an excellent video! Great job, ATS crew! I used to use aspartame; at the time I was seeing an old-timey doctor who had a book several inches thick--listing all the terrible things aspartame could do to one's body. He advised me to give the stuff up and I did. Or thought I did! Back then, I only used it in my coffee--never was much of a soda drinker, diet or otherwise.
Thanks to those who shared here that aspartame is in all kinds of products and frequently not listed.
Perhaps we should/could do a thread, or add here, a list of all KNOWN products that have aspartame, labeled or not labeled... I am careful, too, when I buy my toothpaste that it contains neither aspartame nor fluoride.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

sorry, but where is the legal president to "medicate" the water supply without control of either the dose or whom recieves it. And this "medication" is not prescribed by a doctor as is the case with adding flouride to water. These evil men live in our society and are above the Law its as simple as that. They own you, they own me and they own the Law.

You may want to look over some of my threads to see that I am excruciatingly aware of how evil the Beings are who choose such behavior. I am lucky to live in an area where they don't put sodium fluoride in the water. They just up the chlorine (if I can smell it, it's way too much!). But that evaporates out if One lets it.

Most of that evil is spawned by the love of money, though. I'm trying to get rid of money.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Great work ATS Street View.

Whether anybody agrees or disagrees with the results, the important thing here is that the ATS street team is making an effort to inform the public, for a better world.

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander
Being fat increases the likelihood of developing cancer too, so drinking the sugary alternative to aspartame is also harmful. The better option is to drink water and small amounts of fruit juice.

As for banning Aspartame, there are other additives that cause you damage. For a start salt (NaCl) is a major contributing factor in heart disease - the biggest killer in the US and UK. They add too much salt to virtually every processed food. Surely that is a bigger problem?

Nope. 60+ percent higher risk with aspartame. I think it's like 7% higher risk because of the salt. After all. Salt is a necessary component of Our life.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostcat

I jumped in and watched the video - while finishing my lunch and yup, drinking a diet cola with aspartame. I knew it causes cancer but I do not know what other health risks are associated with it. Was there a list here that I missed?
In the video (subject of this thread) there is a bit where one of the interviewers states some of the effects, but it's common knowledge to most members around here. I quick Google search should yield some useful results.

For me personally, I can get a headache within 10 minutes of drinking something like Diet Coke. That alone turned me right off it, but when I started to do some research into it, I couldn't believe it...the stuff is clearly poison, and I stay far away from it.

Oh, and yes, I'm going to the kitchen now to dump the rest of my Poison diet drink. I will read every single flipping label as I have a 3 year granddaughter I take care of and no poison shall pass her lips while on my watch.
Well, just try to stop excessive consumption of anything with aspartame. Like diet soft/soda drinks especially. Anything that will be consumed at least once a week should not contain aspartame.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame. Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide, with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut". The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a non-nutritive sweetener.

To be honest, I think that this sweetner is rather safe. It's just the whole combination of eveything in soda's and candy which make it unhealty for you

edit on 16-2-2011 by notimportant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

edit on 16/2/11 by Pimander because: clarify

I think that you are reciting a lot of propaganda here. How does fat increase cancer. Fat is laid down as a store because it is excess to the immeadiate energy needs of the body. it does not have much influence on cellular replication.
Certain amount of salt is necassary for the body to function, although with anything too much is a bad thing but the body tolerates salt quite well. And salt is not a toxin where as Aspartame is, as for floride well don't get me started on that.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Now this one is throwing me. You found toothpaste with it? Good grief. Could you specify which brand. I'm looking at the Arm and Hammer now, and I don't see anything that would make me suspicious. However I haven't checked the crest.
I agree, we should have a thread that gives today's products that have aspartatane in it, Heck I can't even spell it right

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to downplay the seriousness of this.
edit on 16-2-2011 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by notimportant

In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame. Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide, with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut". The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a non-nutritive sweetener.

To be honest, I think that this sweetner is rather safe. It's just the whole combination of eveything in soda's and candy which make it unhealty for you

Not sure whether you had your tongue planted in your cheek here or not. The Government has shown itself to never pander to money interest, and the FDA has a sterling record. Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join