It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orgone Blasters?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Well, I'm back. Due to Amaterasu's most reasonable attitude (probably more so than my own), and the fact that not once were uttered the words "troll" or "shill" or anything like that, I made and tested an "orgone shooter".

First, I want to thank you for your efforts and willingness to experiment. Glad it cost you nothing in materials.

Couple of points... First, that your "crystal girl" described the feeling as cool and tingly rather excited me. That is exactly what I feel. Second, I suspect that your experiment methods were a bit lax... [grin] Glad you had fun, though.

If you would, try this experiment: Blindfold your subjects, have them hold their hands out about a foot apart with palms facing each other. Place the shooter between the hands pointed to either the left or the right hand. Ask them if their hands feel different from one another, and if so, which one is most different from what it felt like before you placed the shooter between the hands. See whether the ones who feel some greater difference indicate the hand the shooter is pointed at.

That would go a long way towards controlling for static electricity elements.

Let me know if you're interested in taking this experiment on. And thanks again!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
what's with this "hard-head" subject x ANYWAY?!
YO , " my friend " go fishing insteag of ruining an interesting topic!
I wonder why doesn't an moderator "cleans up" your rubbish replies!
If you don't believe in Wiliam Reich's work then it's your problem!

My dear, calm down. I asked SX to experiment, and he is reporting on his results. I believe his methods were less than stirling and offered a more controlled experiment. If he takes up this challenge as well, I believe we will have a better set of data to examine.

So let's not be rude here and commend SX for his efforts. That is more than most "non-believers" are willing to do, making him a true skeptic, as opposed to the pseudoskeptic who will not entertain any evidence.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
First, I want to thank you for your efforts and willingness to experiment. Glad it cost you nothing in materials.

My pleasure.

Couple of points... First, that your "crystal girl" described the feeling as cool and tingly rather excited me. That is exactly what I feel.

Yes, I remembered you stating that in an earlier post.

Second, I suspect that your experiment methods were a bit lax... [grin] Glad you had fun, though.

It was indeed fun! Perhaps my methods were a bit "lax", but if they don't feel it, they don't feel it. I didn't realize that such experiments needed to be carried out in a solemn manner. (this thought brings to mind the plethora of "mediums" who need to create a spooky atmosphere for their "craft" to work)

Let me know if you're interested in taking this experiment on. And thanks again!

If I ever see the shooter again, I'll be happy to give it a go, but like I said, the "crystal gal" to whom I gave it is pretty flighty, so I don't know if it will ever turn up again. I'll check with her, though, the next time she comes floating through.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I missed the post about him conducting these experiments. Now hopefully, he'll learn to not disregard other bits of info that come in,the intutive things some might add or say, and not just run with one answer that comes, but list possibilities and see which ones fit into the other pieces he might have filed away.

I find this interesting anyway.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
It was indeed fun! Perhaps my methods were a bit "lax", but if they don't feel it, they don't feel it. I didn't realize that such experiments needed to be carried out in a solemn manner. (this thought brings to mind the plethora of "mediums" who need to create a spooky atmosphere for their "craft" to work)

I don't think that experiments need to be solemn, per se, but some control is necessary. If you want to control for the static electricity factor, a wee bit more care is in order, n'est pas?

I guess I missed where you said you gave the shooter to the crystal lady. I hope you get a chance to perform a more controlled experiment. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

One more thing I might add... Just because I feel it is important. When I pass my hand over the open end of a shooter, I feel that cool tingle. When I pass my hand over the closed end, I feel no tingle. Granted this is subjective reporting, but I might add that the tingle is very marked for me - others are not so sensitive.

Also, it may be that I get better results overall because I tend to have friends who are closer to the crystal lady (not that extreme, though, I suspect) than to the "grounded" individuals such as yourself.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

One more thing I might add... Just because I feel it is important. When I pass my hand over the open end of a shooter, I feel that cool tingle. When I pass my hand over the closed end, I feel no tingle. Granted this is subjective reporting, but I might add that the tingle is very marked for me - others are not so sensitive.

My experiments with people were, of course, also subjective. I guess that's what makes these subjects so hard to nail down. The fact that some folks are more susceptible to some types of energy, like electro-magnetic fields, could lend some creedence to the same being possible with more, shall we say, esoteric energies. I have my doubts, but you never know.

Also, it may be that I get better results overall because I tend to have friends who are closer to the crystal lady (not that extreme, though, I suspect) than to the "grounded" individuals such as yourself.

Very possible. Also possible is the idea that people more in line with folks like the "crystal lady" and yourself are more apt to have their mind tell them that they feel something, like the example I mentioned of the person "feeling" the energy from the rain gutter magnet. Until we have technology that can accurately assess things like "esoteric energies" and personal sensitivity to them, it remains a very subjective topic. From your experiments you find orgone energy exists, while mine suggest otherwise to me.

The fact that I got nothing with the test equipment seems telling to me, although the argument could easily be made that it wasn't designed to get readings fron orgone energy. Once again, pretty subjective.

I guess for now we'll just have to go by our own lights, with the "sensitives" feeling the tingle, and the "grounded" feeling, well, slightly amused.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
it's clear now :
GOVERNMENT DISINF !
just ignore the "pest" !

Of course! That must be it! If you'll excuse me, I need to go cash my fat government paycheck.
I got a bonus for my work on this thread...

By the way , one more thing and I'll let you "be" :
Do you believe in GOD ?

I'm still pretty much on the fence about the whole God thing, actually. I could make a decent argument for either side (depending on which side the government told me to support, of course).

Because I thought of a thing yesterday :
NO ONE CAN "MEASURE GOD " right?

No argument there, although some of the relgious might argue differently.

It's the exact same thing if I ask you to "visually" tell me (BEFORE GRABING THEM) if through two copper wires there's electricity !
And then you grab them in your hand!

There might be electricity OR NOT !

I think I used a similar example earlier in the thread, and shortly after conceded the point as it wasn't a very good argument.

YOU can't say that for sure ,unless you "experiment it" !

Which is exactly why I did experiment with it, so I could state my position more assuredly.

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I hope you get a chance to perform a more controlled experiment. Thanks again.

Just a little update. My "crystal lady" friend (who's name is, incidentally, Beth), dropped in yesterday and had the "shooter" in her car, so I asked if she would let me try a little more experimenting with her. She said "sure", so I tried the blindfold scenario as suggested with her. I didn't try it on my other friends, as they weren't there at the time and really, I didn't see the point in blindfolding them and asking "which hand do you not feel it in more strongly?". Also, I wasn't real keen on getting smacked again.

So, blindfold in place, and me refraining from the *pew pew pew* noises (which, I freely admit, wasn't easy), I had her hold out her hands and I held the shooter between them, sometimes pointing right, sometimes left. As an extra element, sometimes I held it behind my back, nowhere near her hands. The results, after 20 attempts, are as follows:

Pointing to her right (7 times): She was correct 4, incorrect 2, and couldn't tell 1.
Pointing to her left (8 times) She was correct 4, incorrect 2, and couldn't tell 2.
Behind my back (5 times) She answered "right" 2, "left" 2, and couldn't tell 1.

What this shows is, of course, a matter of interpretation. If we eliminate the "couldn't tell" responses, she was running at 50%, still well within the realm of just plain guessing. If we include the "couldn't tell" responses, she was running well below 50%. The fact that she "felt" it at all when it was behind my back reinforces my belief in the "self delusion" explanation.

To be fair, she did say the blindfold was making her uncomfortable, which, I suppose, could have been interfering with her "sensitivity". Also, the shooter is now, as I mentioned earlier, festooned with feathers and a couple of crystals. It really looks like something you'd see at a New Age products booth at the flea market. I don't know if this would interfere with the shooter's functionality or not, but she seems to like it.

I asked Beth if she would be interested in joining us here to add to the conversation, but she said "I don't think so. I don't really like computers. I think they interfere with my connection to the spirits in a negative way". Yes, she's a little goofy, but she's one of the kindest people I know, an absolute sweetheart, and I count myself lucky to know her.

So, take this with as many grains of salt you wish. I don't know if it proves anything or not, but it certainly didn't change my mind about orgone energy.

Addendum: I asked Beth if she had been trying the shooter with anyone. She said "Oh yes. Everyone can feel it, and it stopped one of my friend's headache in one minute! Thank you for giving it to me." I can't verify her claims, nor can I invalidate them. I just thought I'd mention what she said.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The idea that this discredit to William Reich is laughable, just because mainstream science discredits something doesn't mean that it won't bear any results.

A scientific mind usually gathers all of the possible outcomes and then deducts which one is the right answer, half the time scientists tend to not mess with things outside of majority belief because it might screw with a proposed theory that everyone has been agreed to forever.

Look at Einstein a lot of his theories are being called into question due to the fact that it can't quite merge with any theories on the quantum level and a couple of decades ago if you were to mention anything quantum you would be discredited and ridiculed.

I really hope the debunkers only come out when called for because this is getting annoying, that's like going into a church and stating that God doesn't exist because it doesn't fit the scientific model that you revolve you're life around. The only thing anyone is proving by trying to debunk something nobody asked them to debunk is that they have a huge ego that needs validation through making others feel attacked because of their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have a large-ish2 foot diameter Genesa Crystal (which possibly works along the same lines) which I got about 8 years ago, and it is claimed for these that they scrub the dirty environment. I think this means that where there was an area of doom/gloom/stagnation/nothing grows/etc in a garden, then this Genesa Crystal design will conteract it. Not immediately, but over the course of a few weeks for example. I have read on the websites which sell these things that they act like a washing machine for the environment.

Now, whether this is right or not, I dont know, but subjectively, I think they are good. (whatever that means) It means that although I cannot say that it has had this effect for me, there have been other effects which I cannot explain to my 3D logical mind.

I suspect that these work using orgone or some other 'energy' and it would be interesting if these were included in a test or two. If you buy these Genesa Crystals, they are not cheap, but they are fairly easy to make out of microbore copper tubing. It seems to be the buckyball shape (buckminster fuller) that is the thing which does the business. Strange how orgone-type devices use copper too.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Some links to reports detailing the work of Australian Rain Technology. These results of the 2008 and 2009 trials in the Mount Lofty Ranges have been published in the journal of weather modification, and presented at international scientific conferences.

Link here

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I would just like to post this vid and recommend this awesome band I never new existed!!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Cheers!! thanks for that Link qmantoo

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join