It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns It Might Act on Iranian Warships Passing Through Suez Canal

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by coolieno99

Persians, since the fall of the Persian Empire has looked forward to its return for centuries. I'm not joking, and I used to listen to Iranians (Aryans) brag about how great things were in Persia, and how great they will be again one day. I used to listen to their BS claims of Aryan connections, which oddly, only came into being with the Nazi regime.

Persians and Arabs are traditional, long-term enemies. They hate and despise each other. The Persians consider themselves much superior to Arabs in intellect, education, past history, bloodlines, and culture. Arabs just hate Persians (Iranians) because often, the in fact feel inferior to Persians as they overall are less educated, their history is of being Persian subjects, and they don't have a lot of cultural claims other than literally, millennia ago - pyramids, Babylon, etc.

But. Being Muslim nations, they both are taught primarily in the Hadith that they are to kill Jews. Kill them where they find them. Kill unbelievers. Give them a choice - convert or die.

So right now, Iran is trying to position itself as the big Muslim on the block, hoping to lead even their traditional enemies to destroy Israel - identified as the only "Jewish" nation - in accordance with the teachings of Muhammed.

Iran/Persia has selective memory that will bring them to their own destruction.

Let me state a fact. Whenever Eastern powers fought Western powers, the Eastern powers have lost and been slaughtered, every single time through history.

As long as Easterners pick on other Easterners, then it's only logical that an Eastern power will rule.

Even the mighty Persian Empire. Darius of Persia (Eastern) attacked Greece (Western) and you can read yourself of him first losing a mighty fleet of 300 ships and 20,000 men in a storm at Cape Athos, and then the slaughter at Marathon, where the Greeks enjoyed a 33:1 kill ratio, and that's using the conservative numbers.

His son Xerxes determined to do what his father couldn't. Xerxes brought 250,000+ man army and at the Hot Gates, 7,000 Greeks, 300 of whom were Spartans and 700 were Thespians, killed 25,000 Persians. One thousand Greeks died and at least 25,000 Persians died there for a 25:1 kill ratio.

A year later at Salamis, a Greek fleet sank 200 of Xerxes ships and 40,000 of his sailors for a 40:1 kill ratio.

The following Spring, Persian general Mardonius and 300,000 Persians met 60,000 Greeks at Plataea, and all but 43,000 Persians were killed there, with the surviving 43,000 killed at the Strymon river estuary just a short time later - a kill ratio of some 220:1.

Next time we see Persians fight, it's against Alexander where at Granicus Alexander (Westerners) enjoyed a 26:1 kill ratio against the Persians.

At Issus, Alexander fought them early evening, and only enjoyed a 4:1 kill ratio as the Persians lost the battle and ran, escaping enmasse in the darkness.

At Arbela, Alexander's smaller 47,000 man army met Xerxes larger 250,000 man army, and while outnumbered 5:1, enjoyed a 100:1 kill ratio - a slaughter.

Ever see the high technology Mach 2 Iranian F-55 air superiority fighter named the al-Camelcrapper? Or have you noted the large, Persian carrier battle groups? How about their cutting edge main battle tank, the Goatfoot? No, even in spite of their education and significant oil money, if it weren't for Western nations selling them military hardware, they'd still be using wicker shields and composite bows.

Even the oil in the East. It was the West who found the oil, financed and drilled for it, established the oil industry infrastructure, and in turn enabled their good fortune. Left to their own Easter devices, they'd still be living in stone structures or tents, scratching their asses left handed while chewing on mutton, and washing it all down with a sheep-skin canteen while betting on goat races.

Eastern versus Western.

for every distant Western defeat such as at Dien Bien Phu where the non-Westerners were using massive numbers of Western weapons - artillery, firearms, mortars, rockets, etc., there is a Khe Sanh. For every Isandlhwana, there is a Roark's Drift. For every Pearl Harbor, there is a Leyte Gulf. For every Coral Sea, there's a Midway.

For every Wake Island, there's a Nagasaki/Hiroshima. For every Thermopylae, there's a Plataea.

Persia, or Iran is destined to lose, and lose badly. Their eighth century religion restricts their advancements. They're brave to be sure, but they're hamburger.

One nation in the Middle East stand out from the rest.

Israel.

A nation of WESTERN immigrants, forward thinking, brilliant, excellent weapons systems of their own right, and as evidence since their inception, tactical excellence of superior character. Plus, they're not restricted by an archaic religion that keeps trying to drag the practitioners back to the eighth century.

Here in the US, we have weapons systems and platforms that have never seen the light of day. Westerners after all, are the spearpoint of military weapons development, and the US is the tip of the spearpoint.

And we are collectively one stiff-backed people. We won't bow down to anyone.

It's worked out well.

Western nations can war like no other who ever existed on earth.

What about the crusades?

Although that was a great roundup of Persian losses. You completely forgot or avoided Saladin...

Just to add in case there is any confusion. I was referring to the East versus West score sheet.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: Explanatory sentence.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

why do you want to argue with me? what does it prove...and what can you or I prove on a blog. What does my 2wk old member name prove? You have no idea how long I have been posting on ATS. You dont know how many names I have on ATS. Saudi is about out of oil. the topic has gone political. The cat is out of the bag. The cat was out of the bag when I was in Saudi in 2000. On june 21st it was 134 degrees in Ryiadh. Yeah I was there. You dont know why. You dont need to know why. So what! Oil fields pumped dry in the 1920's are replenishing. in 9 yrs that will be a 100yr process....boy you just proved nothing. how long did it take you to whip all that out. NEWS FLASH SAUDI is running out of oil. That Kingdom will collapse and there also will exist a VACUUM [(sic) all you want]

People why in the fog is he arguing this point? screw it this has nothing to do with this tread and I just got TROLLED......sorry ATS
edit on 19-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: had to study for the spelling bee

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Yeah, what about the Crusades?

That was not a Western nation versus Eastern nation - it was a half-assed idea perpetuated by the Catholic Church from 1097 to 1444 as a means to flex their muscle over European nobilities.

And just for the record, you should see the numbers. Antioch in 1098? 20,200 Crusaders who were outnumbered three to one, but still won.

Jerusalem in 1099? 10,000 man Fatimid Garrison versus 13,200 Crusaders. All ten-thousand Arabs killed.

Ascalon in 1099? 10,000 Crusaders versus 20,000 Fatimids, and guess who won?

This grows tiresome.

Saladin who hauled ass on a particularly swift camel after losing a battle at Montgisard?

Saladin won where he enjoyed vastly superior numbers. He couldn't take Tyre, and couldn't relieve Acre in 1191.

A lot of crap has been romanticized about Saladin, and some of it's true. Saladin was not Arabic, nor Persian.

Saladin was a Kurd. Yes, the same folks even today who fight the Turks, Iranians, and Iraqis.

Amazing, huh?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I have been following the middle east developments since the first U.S. / Iraq war and I am becoming gravely concerened at the rising level of military events, re - Iran, Syria, Israel, North Korea, Russia, U.S.A., Palestine, lybia among many others, the passage of the 2 Iranian War ships through the Suez cannal is of great concern as it coencides with North Korea's newly completed missile launch facility in Dongchang-ri in North Pyeongan Province. It seems to me that this is not JUST a coincidence, something big is about to happen It will hit the fan if Israel acts on the Iranian war ships passing it's coast and they are likely to do so, as it has been reported in the msm that the war ships are carrying long range missiles for Hizzbola, whether this is fact or propoganda I don't know but, it just adds fuel to the fire. I fear we are in for a BIG war very soon.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by peteshaz

I doubt they would be carrying missiles for Lebanon but I wonder if they may join with some Turkish navy to attempt to break the Gaza blockade..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorWonder
Egyptian officials approve passage of Iranian warships through Suez Canal

Interesting. Don't know what to make of it.

There's nothing to make of it..
They can't really deny access to any ships..
It's part of the treaty..
Asking and giving permission is a mere formality..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There going there staying. There going there staying. I wish they would make up there mind!!! Already..

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There has been talk of a large sand storm helping to disguise movements along the Egyptian coast. It was on Debka though so have your salt at the ready. Although not the best source I think it is entirely plausible that a storm of this nature could partially obstruct the view from spy satellites.

www.debka.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
^^ That makes zero sense.

USrael spy satellites can detect the heat of your body through your metal and wood roof...
You think a huge vessel cannot be detected through sand blowing around?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by peteshaz

I doubt they would be carrying missiles for Lebanon but I wonder if they may join with some Turkish navy to attempt to break the Gaza blockade..

Its one thing when it is attempted by "neutral" humanitarian ships.. Its an act of war when its armed navel vessels flying under flag. Its one thing to test each other by flying through airspace and retreating when confronted.

Not so easy to do with naval vessels, which is a more overt act.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yes because I'm retarded apparently.

Just posted a link and suggested a pinch of salt.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Since Iran is an illegitimate state I wouldve not granted them access to the canal. Not to mention they are keen on starting a war with israel or a proxy war.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

The idea of hyperspectral sensing is not, however, merely to "see" in the usual sense of optical telescopes, infrared nightscopes and/or thermal imagers. This kind of detection is used on spy satellites and other surveillance systems, but it suffers from the so-called "drinking straw effect" -- that is, you can only view a small area in enough detail to pick out information of interest. It's impossible to cover an entire nation or region in any length of time by such means; you have to know where to look in advance.

Hyperspectral imaging works differently. It's based on the same principle as the spectrometry used in astronomy and other scientific fields - that some classes of objects and substances will emit a unique set of wavelengths when stimulated by energy. In this case, everything on the surface below the satellite is being stimulated by sunlight to emit its unique spectral fingerprint.

By scanning across a wide spectrum all at once across a wide area, it's then possible to use a powerful computer to crunch through all wavelengths coming from all points on the surface below (the so-called "hyperspectral cube", made up of the full spectrum coming from all points on a two-dimensional surface).

If the sensor is good enough and the computer crunching powerful and discriminating enough, the satellite can then identify a set of points on the surface where substances or objects of interest are to be found, and supply map coordinates for these. This is a tiny amount of data compared to the original "hyperspectral cube" generated by ARTEMIS and crunched by the satellite's onboard processors, and as such it can be downloaded to a portable ground terminal (rather than a one with a big high-bandwidth dish). Within ten minutes of the TacSat passing overhead, laptop-sized ROVER ground terminals can be marking points of interest on a map for combat troops nearby.

From what I can gather a massive sandstorm would cause serious problems for even the more advanced spy satellites. Particularly if the Iranian ships decided to move alongside harmless other vessels. Afterall the Iranian ships passing through aren't all that big.

It is difficult to assess the resolution that could be achieved by this radar in the absence of more detailed design information, but in principle the resolution might be expected to be better than one meter. While this is far short of the 10 centimeter resolution achievable with photographic means, it would certainly be adequate for the identification and tracking of major military units such as tanks or missile transporter vehicles. However, this high resolution would come at the expense of broad coverage, and would be achievable over an area of only a few tens of kilometers square. Thus the Lacrosse probably utilizes a variety of radar scanning modes, some providing high resolution images of small areas, and other modes offering lower resolution images of areas several hundred kilometers square. The processing of this data would require extensive computational power, requiring the transmission to ground stations of potentially several hundred mega-bits of data per second.

www.globalsecurity.org...
www.schneier.com...
rst.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Some older material about how India hid it's nuclear tests from the CIA;

www.fas.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Seems it's delayed YET AGAIN... to Wednesday.

Passage of Iran ships through Suez delayed by 48 hours

The passage of two Iranian naval vessels through the Suez Canal has been delayed by 48 hours, a canal official said on Sunday.

The frigate and supply ship had been due to enter the canal at 6 A.M. on Monday with the northbound convoy that moves daily. The passage through the canal would be a first for Iranian naval vessels since Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

dont we have a carrier group on the other side already....They anrt gonna do squat. I bet one day of not making a post on ATS that they will turn around and go home or drop cargo in Yemen or Oman...Takers on the bet?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'd laugh my butt off if Egypt told the Iranians, "You can go through, but you can't return through here. Besides, it's looking more like a one-way trip anyway."

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I hated sand storms the worst..hot as crap and have to cover up then when its about over you get about 25 of the fattest rain drops you have ever seen and they are so loud when they hit the dirt

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Its one thing when it is attempted by "neutral" humanitarian ships.. Its an act of war when its armed navel vessels flying under flag. Its one thing to test each other by flying through airspace and retreating when confronted.

Not so easy to do with naval vessels, which is a more overt act.

An act of war if you sail in international waters?
It's a bit tricky because everyone except Israel calls the blockade illegal..
It is NOT Israeli territory..
And Turkey have mentioned useing warships before.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
what I am afraid of is that one or more iranian ayatola's are aboard these vessels and that they set foot on egypt soil just like in the 70s in Iran after there revolution. this let too the islamtic revolution and the start of the islamstic dictatorship in iran . this might lead to the creation of an egypt molded after Iranian exemple.
I hope Isreal prevents this by bombing those vessels to kingdom come.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join