It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns It Might Act on Iranian Warships Passing Through Suez Canal

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Tell me does Israel allow it's ships and submarines, planes or trucks to be searched by anyone ?

Answer is no ...... and they don't even tell the rest of us about their nuclear weapons.

How is it everyone else has to show what they have and not Isreal ?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad is bat crazy but he ain't breaking any laws here. Israel needs to shut up, with all due respect...

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There is absolutely no jurisdiction for sovereign Iranian Navy vessels to be boarded and inspected on the high seas. This is International waters. Think about it? The US and Coalition operate in the Arabian/Persian Gulf in International waters and Iran has no jurisdiction to stop and board a sovereign naval vessel.

It doesn't matter who is in charge in the the US as there is simply no jurisdiction to stop and search a sovereign naval vessel in these circumstances. As long as the Iranian vessels in the Med stay in International Waters and don't infringe the Israeli national limit then there is no problem.

TJ

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Ahmadinejad is bat crazy but he ain't breaking any laws here. Israel needs to shut up, with all due respect...

And he isn't stupid either and will not provoke. They'll be blown out of the water before they can say hi Syria.
Flexing muscles for propaganda, everybody does it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Not if it means there's arms on those 2 ships destined for Hizbollah.

Ships gone through yet? LOL

Perhaps USS Navy wanna do an expection?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Not if it means there's arms on those 2 ships destined for Hizbollah.
Ships gone through yet? LOL
Perhaps USS Navy wanna do an expection?

What right do they have to inspect another countries ships in international waters?

Maybe the US Navy should inspect Israeli ships/subs..
I heard a rumour they carry nukes which the US are unaware of..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

or maybe we should inspect US naval ships LOL

rolls my eyes

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

rolls my eyes

Why not??
Some US navy ships were refused entry here in Australia because they refused to state what was onboard..
The US is not God......

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The US Navy can stop and inspect the ships in accordance with the UN sanctions put upon Iran.

I much rather they be sunk, just on general principle, but an inspection will likely have to suffice.

But I can hope they REFUSE inspection . . . and then we can later inspect the ships with deep water remotely piloted vehicles!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
The US Navy can stop and inspect the ships in accordance with the UN sanctions put upon Iran.
I much rather they be sunk, just on general principle, but an inspection will likely have to suffice.
But I can hope they REFUSE inspection . . . and then we can later inspect the ships with deep water remotely piloted vehicles!

We've all come to expect nothing less from you..

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I don't much give a flying **** what you think, or what you expect.

How about some material on the topic.

And for now, it's true, the US rules.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I don't much give a flying **** what you think, or what you expect.

How about some material on the topic.

And for now, it's true, the US rules.

What, to match all the credible material you've added?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Material.

Such as on-topic material.

On topic statements.

You do recall the subject matter?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Like I keep saying "they come, but not to live our ways."

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It is worth noting that these two ships journey were planned well before all these revolutions and other happenings in the Arab world, it has merely coincided quite well for the Iranians on propoganda grounds.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Well when nobody trust you that is what happens. You get caught one to many times doing bad stuff and lie over and over again to the united nations then they pass sanctions on you where you actions need to be verified.

That is why they require search.

Why is it when # hits the fan they all come running to the united states.

If we are so bad how come they all come running to us.

Like pakistan when they had that massive quake. Who do you think sent tons of rice and food and tents over there.

Hell we take better care of other people than we take care of our own people.
Don't believe me what about Katrina.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Yes but since they have been caught selling advanced weapons to hizbolla and smuggling nuke equipment the UN passed sanctions to say that any suspecious cargo may be inspected at any time.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

rolls my eyes

Why not??
Some US navy ships were refused entry here in Australia because they refused to state what was onboard..
The US is not God......

Seriously? Is there an article or something along those grounds which i could take a gander at? I'm not trying to be a smart ass here, but i find it quite hard to believe that's all. I always thought America did whatever it wanted in Australia and we just turned a blind eye and obeyed...
edit on 23-2-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You very much sound like a stereotypical (perhaps even warmongering) American who knows nothing more about the world than that it's "out there" and is inferior to the oh-so almighty US of A to me.
"US Rules"? This is something I've heard many times in the past- mostly by teenagers or overly-patriotic Americans.

Why does the US "rule"?
Is it because of the illegal wars waged for the safety of its overlords in Israel with devastating effects to the USA and the countries that you bomb back to the stone age (And then you wonder why those people don't exactly love you and turn to the extremists for answers)?
Is it because of the very much illegal CIA detention centers in eastern Europe and Gitmo?
Or is it perhaps because of your *cough* extremely professional military (Which "rules") that also never harms/humiliate civilians and does most certainly not shoot first and asks questions later (Why do they hate you America?
)?
OR maybe perhaps your political system "rules" and your congress is most certainly not the biggest joke in the world.
Why would the rest of the world hate the USA? I don't know, we know it surely has nothing to do with your foreign policy and the extremely non-arrogant manner and reasons you wage war.
Get your # together!
To: The United States of America

Cheers

IT--

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

So when do you expect these Iranian vessels to be stopped and searched in the Med? Nothing is going to happen despite several posters on here claiming differently. The vessels will be monitored and shadowed as they transit to Syria, but nobody is going to stop and board them. Did people really expect the US, NATO or Israel to do so?

TJ

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join