It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Warns It Might Act on Iranian Warships Passing Through Suez Canal

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Rocky Black

Come on now.....how many ships have the IDF captured over the years. Unlike the Flotillas, the real deal comes when those on board least expect it. Of course there's arms on those ships, you thought it could be anything else coming from Iran?

Egypt is not going to war with Israel anytime soon and those ships won't even make it a foot inside the Suez Canal. I know that, you know that!

There is nothing to prevent the Iranians from legally transiting the canal. The Iranians using such high profile naval vessels are not going to be so stupid as to attempt to use them to deliver large stockpiles of munitions. Iran is already under a UN embargo that prevents arms transfers. There is no way that they are going to attempt to deliver them through the Suez Canal using Iranian Naval vessels.

www.sipri.org...

The Iranians are not that stupid! They know that they would have to declare what is being carried and that they would potentially be subjected to a search. If they wanted to deliver munitions to Hezbollah via ship then they would attempt to use the Gibraltar Straits and even then they would not use high profile naval assets.

TJ

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Doesn't matter what's in those ships. What matters is what Israel and the US thinks there is in those ships.

The Khagar supply ship is suspected in a number of case of Iranian arms smuggling into Africa. So... wouldn't be a big stretch for Iran to use it again to smuggle weapons to Hezbollah.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
reply to post by Rocky Black

Israel may not have overtly stated they want to destroy either but they have made no secret of their feelings and hostility towards Iran and I think the state Palestine is in speaks for itself. Israel doesn't want peace in the Middle East despite their rhetoric to the contrary. If anyone wants destabilization in that region it's them because in the midst of people fighting their battles for them they can steal more land that doesn't belong to them and install puppet regimes that will do their bidding.

I get so sick of this nonsense that Israel wants to steal land, if that is true why have they given so much back to Egypt inncluding a very profitable Red Sea resort? Why didn't they annex the West Bank and Gaza? Why did they let the Palestinians have their own elections and let them run their own governments, if all they wantt is their land?

They did this because they want peace, land won in war given back in exchange for peace! What part don't you understand???

Now as for the expanding settlements in Palestinian territory (pushed for by radical zionists, not the majority of Israei's). That is wrong and Israel should pull them out and hand over the land to the Palestinians.

Why doesn't the US government give the land back to the native americans? Why doesn't the Australian government give back the land to the Aborigines? Why doesn't China give back Tibet to the Tibetans? Why do so many of the same posters continue to attack Israel and pray for their annilation at every topic that mentions Israel, Zionists or Jews?

North Americans, South Americans, Europeans, Australians, Asians (Fillipino's/Thai's/malays/Singaporeans) etc., are all mongrels, your people have mixed over the centries to create what you are today!

We are all HUMAN, when will we learn?

i don't want WW3 or any wars, i want to see a new world where we can live in peace and respect of each other, feed and clothe all people and make sure human rights are enforced. Wake up and stop this warmongering nonsense!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

Personally I want to see an end to Israel and Zionists. No problem with Jews though.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Personally I want to see an end to Israel and Zionists. No problem with Jews though.

Personally I want to see an end to Scotland and all the Catholics. I have no problem with scots or celts though!

Oh and by the way, do you know your roots? celts came from the Middle East so give Scotland back to the English, how do you like that???

Actually, I love Scots and have many Scottish friends however, I just want to show you how ludicrous your statement is! Israel exists as does Scotland, 5.6 million Jews live there, get over it!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Your entitled to your views as is everyone else.

Since you mention Scotland the fact is Scots have for hundreds of years been controlled, subjugated, governed by England. many Scots have fought and died trying to get their country back. The fight continues to this day without violence, but through political elections.

I think perhaps living this way I find empathy with Palestinians.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey

I get so sick of this nonsense that Israel wants to steal land, if that is true why have they given so much back to Egypt inncluding a very profitable Red Sea resort? Why didn't they annex the West Bank and Gaza? Why did they let the Palestinians have their own elections and let them run their own governments, if all they wantt is their land?

Wow wasn't that nice of Israel. What did they give back exactly, and how did they get it to give back in the first place. Could it be that they took it? Is that not theft, when you take something from someone who didnt want to give it to you willingly? Didn't Israel attempt to take over the Suez Canal only to get get their arses handed to them by Egypt?

They did this because they want peace, land won in war given back in exchange for peace! What part don't you understand???

Comical quote of the day.

Now as for the expanding settlements in Palestinian territory (pushed for by radical zionists, not the majority of Israei's). That is wrong and Israel should pull them out and hand over the land to the Palestinians.

So Israel don't steal land except when they do steal land? Way to defeat your own argument.

Why doesn't the US government give the land back to the native americans?...... ect

Irrelevant to this discussion.

We are all HUMAN, when will we learn?

When some people realize that we are all equals and treating your fellow man like second class humans is a thing of the past.

i want to see a new world [order??]

Sorry, had to be done.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am quite frankly sick of hearing Israel this and Iran that. Who is buying this shet and why?
We want to enjoy our lives here, as most sane people do! So I say to the media and to the war machines of the world, namely USA & Israel shut the heck up!

I really can't wait for China to step in and do a few "five up the sides" to get these asses to wake up and see they do not rule the world.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

That's so funny
Your talking about history right?

What struggles have you encountered as a Scot living in the United Kingdom?

I am English and I can guarantee you that you have had no less freedom or opportunity than me, living in the UK! Unless, of course, your really about 200 + years old? Living in Scotland is just like living in Palestine, right! So The West bank and Gaza can't be all that bad, oh scrub that guess I know what you mean

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

My biggest worry is that with all these uprisings, the more extreme elements of the Muslim religion will finally have the momentum to put forward their plans to form their Caliphate (their version of Manifest Destiny). They will drag the whole region back a thousand years. Except they will have nuclear weapons. I have the feeling that the Muslim Brotherhood along with Hamas and Hezbollah are already setting the stage. The only issue that stands in the way is the rift between Sunni and Shia. If they overcome their internal differences, then the Western world is in trouble.

Cheers...it's almost Friday.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Kratos40 because: syntax

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Your position bemuses me. A fellow Scot who lives in England. Scotland is no less free than England.
Perhaps if you widened your mind you would see England as a friend.

We have enough Nationalism in the world without it starting in the Uk for no good reason.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HongkongphooeyOh and by the way, do you know your roots? celts came from the Middle East so give Scotland back to the English, how do you like that???

What utter bollocks. Scotland was settled after the last ice age, some 12,000 years ago. Glaciation makes it impossible to state whether there were people settled there before that time. The Celts didn't turn up till the 8th century BC, 5000 years after the earliest knows Scottish settlement. Besides, the Celts originated from Europe, not the Middle East. Away with you and your backwards history.

edit on 17-2-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

This is a good point, and one that reminds me of why are we arguing fighting against a country for free maritime movements instead of focusing on the bigger problems in the world? The new big world war that everyone seems to want here should be against terrorists and extremists even home grown ones. This is something that it would seem we would rather ignore and find other fish to fry.

In response to Vitchillo about the ships. You are right it doesn't matter what is on the ships its what Israel and USA think is on the ships. So why don't we go embarrass ourselves and force an inspection of there cargo? Instead we would rather blow it up and then later (like Iraq) say oops our bad sorry there really wasn't anything there after all. Hehe yea but who cares about the rights of Iran cause they aren't a sovereign nation right! Oh wait yea they are.
edit on 2/17/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Well yes I would expect an answer like that from somebody who is not on the recieving end. Unless your Scottish you can't possibly know what it's like living here.

It's only in recent years since Scotland got it's own government that things are starting to improve.

I've discussed it before in other threads so I don't want to get off topic here.

Similarly unless you have lived as a Palestinian I don't see how you can say what it's like for them either.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

I get so sick of this nonsense that Israel wants to steal land, if that is true why have they given so much back to Egypt inncluding a very profitable Red Sea resort? Why didn't they annex the West Bank and Gaza? Why did they let the Palestinians have their own elections and let them run their own governments, if all they wantt is their land?[

Wow wasn't that nice of Israel. What did they give back exactly, and how did they get it to give back in the first place. Could it be that they took it? Is that not theft, when you take something from someone who didnt want to give it to you willingly? Didn't Israel attempt to take over the Suez Canal only to get get their arses handed to them by Egypt?

When did Egypt hand Israel their Arse??? What history do you follow, Oh you must have bought into Arab propaganda!

So Israel don't steal land except when they do steal land? Way to defeat your own argument

I addressed land won in war when the Arab countries attacked Israel (whose Arse was handed to who?). Maybe, if the Palestinians stop lobbing rockets and sending women and children to blow themselves up, Israel will leave them alone and there will be no more excuses for Israel not to give back the land the settlements are on.

Irrelevant to this discussion.

Not really, its a comparison, do you understand, obviously not! The argument only suits you when its anti-Israel and you can skew the facts.

When some people realize that we are all equals and treating your fellow man like second class humans is a thing of the past.

I do not disagree with that statement whatsoever, but if you had your way would that apply to the way people would treat jews? I have to ask, you see because I do not here to much about arabs wanting to live in peace with Israel, do you?

I don't like it when I see Israeli's treat palestinians (or anyone) badly, but I don't like to see arabs throwing rocks at cars passing by (or people) nor encouraging your children to blow themselves up for the cause, is that treating your own people riight? I don't know, you tell me?

i want to see a new world [order??]

Sorry, had to be done.

Well that shows your mentality doesn't it, I make a statement that we should all live in peace, feed and respect each other and you accuse me of being an NWO supporter!
edit on 17/2/11 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/2/11 by Hongkongphooey because: Mistakes

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40
reply to post by Vitchilo

My biggest worry is that with all these uprisings, the more extreme elements of the Muslim religion will finally have the momentum to put forward their plans to form their Caliphate (their version of Manifest Destiny). They will drag the whole region back a thousand years. Except they will have nuclear weapons. I have the feeling that the Muslim Brotherhood along with Hamas and Hezbollah are already setting the stage. The only issue that stands in the way is the rift between Sunni and Shia. If they overcome their internal differences, then the Western world is in trouble.

Cheers...it's almost Friday.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Kratos40 because: syntax

Correct me if I am wrong but is it not just Israel that possess nuclear weapons in the Middle East?

Or are we talking about "Weapons of Mass Destruction" again, to be followed up with wars and death in the Middle East to no end?
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Please start another thread if want to discuss it. One question though, why do you live in England ?

There are more Scots living outside Scotland than in it ..... why is that ?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

When did Egypt hand Israel their Arse??? What history do you follow, Oh you must have bought into Arab propaganda!

Did they achieve their goal? No.

I addressed land won in war when the Arab countries attacked Israel (whose Arse was handed to who?). Maybe, if the Palestinians stop lobbing rockets and sending women and children to blow themselves up, Israel will leave them alone and there will be no more excuses for Israel not to give back the land the settlements are on.

Same old argument gets same old reply. Maybe if Israel stopped stealing land from the Palestinians, bulldozing their homes and shoehorning them into ghettos they'd have less reason to lob rockets. Chicken and egg.

Not really, its a comparison, do you understand, obviously not! The argument only suits you when its anti-Israel and you can skew the facts.

Nope, still not relevent.

I don't like it when I see Israeli's treat palestinians (or anyone) badly, but I don't like to see arabs throwing rocks at cars passing by (or people) nor encouraging your children to blow themselves up for the cause, is that treating your own people riight? I don't know, you tell me?

Why are they blowing themselves up? What is the root cause? Perhaps when you understand that you can start to move forward in a more constructive manor.

Well that shows your mentality doesn't it, I make a statement that we should all live in peace, feed and respect each other and you accuse me of being an NWO supporter!

Hey if the shoe fits. Israels plans are part of the grand scheme (if they are not the masterminds behind it, just my personal opinion), if you support them then whether you like it or not, you defend the scheme.
edit on 17-2-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Exactly my point but if he has convinced himself that the wicked English are keeping him down and denying him his rights, then no amount of facts will change his mind!

I have family who are Scottish and live in Scotland and they have the same freedoms that Englishmen, Welshmen and maybe even the Ulstermen (Northern Irish) enjoy.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by tommyjo

Doesn't matter what's in those ships. What matters is what Israel and the US thinks there is in those ships.

The Khagar supply ship is suspected in a number of case of Iranian arms smuggling into Africa. So... wouldn't be a big stretch for Iran to use it again to smuggle weapons to Hezbollah.

Yes, but not to be caught red-handed doing so through the Suez? It would be naive of the Iranians to think that they could get away with a munitions supply ship through a controlled waterway. It is an entirely different matter on the high seas port to port. The Egyptians are not stupid either.

If the Egyptian Ministry of Defence permit the transit then they are going to make sure that one of the stipulations is that the cargo holds are inspected. The Egyptians are certainly not going to allow Iran to pull a fast one, and permit the Suez to be used in contravention of a UN arms embargo.

TJ

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join