It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm in Arkansas Intensifies. Memphis, Tennessee could be epicenter for the next big one

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

So your say your local news station is saying all these quakes are normal? Did they follow that by telling how to keep safe during a quake?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yup, I would guess 2.0 and 2.8

I understand the 2.0 taking a bit of time, but anything over 2.5 is supposed to be automatic. I might be wrong and it is less than 2.5 and that is why....but it sure looks like more than that.

Even so....the first was about 2 hrs ago. Guess they all went home for the night?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Very odd that these have not appeared on the USGS site - but then again - with MSM now reporting they will most likely try and keep it underwraps as best they can - but guess what - We Won't Let That Happen!

Anyone other than me been having internet problems this past hour? Just about at flying laptop at the moment!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
CITIZENS OF ARKANSAS

It is time you stand up and march. You need to take back you homes and state back from the clutches of Big Oil&Gas. You need to rebel. You need an revolution. Communties need to unite and take action. You need to make this stick in the craw of the media. Call Erin Brochovich if you need to. Your state will be a wasteland in a few years. The air and water you breath will posion your kids and make you families sick. We've had people here from Arkansas who tatse metal. It's in your water. Stop drinking well waters, or at least have them tested. The water filters don't stop all of the chemicals they use in fracking.

Fight. Damn you fight. Fight back.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
USGS shows a 2.9 now.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Very wierd. It is up now, but AFTER it was reviewed!!!

WTF???

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 2.9
Date-Time Friday, February 18, 2011 at 02:30:12 UTC
Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 08:30:12 PM at epicenter

Location 35.288°N, 92.372°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region ARKANSAS
Distances 5 km (3 miles) SW (220°) from Guy, AR
6 km (4 miles) SE (124°) from Twin Groves, AR
7 km (4 miles) NNE (13°) from Greenbrier, AR
61 km (38 miles) N (357°) from Little Rock, AR
417 km (259 miles) SSW (208°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
Parameters NST= 5, Nph= 5, Dmin=57 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp=184°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (mbLg), Version=1
Source U.S. Geological Survey, National Earthquake Information Center:
World Data Center for Seismology, Denver

Event ID

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Damn Robin, I have been reading your thread all day at work and now at home...........Your fired UP!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Very strange to me. Are these being reviewed for cause or authentication? Cause would be most legitimate, and might I add the solar flares going on right now? Perhaps triggered by solar flares?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have this add on for google earth for geothermo resource.It looks like maybe it's been heating up for awhile.I could be wrong.
Is this correct and could it be connected?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ok what we may be seeing here is what i call the California Hum sometime last year , it was nothing but california quake after california quake non stop some of you may remember it,, all i can say is California came through it. So keeping that in mind and this is my theory i am following.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, it is 'rumbling' again. Another quake coming?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Oh, daisy they don't care about anything but keeping the masses from panicing. The guy on the news was so lying he had trouble even talking. I don't believe in false alarms but, you know my other comments on this. Something is coming that is going to really shake things up in the New Madrid, and that has been on my mind since November. Daisy, Just tell your family to make a plan of back roads to get to safety and pack some food and clothes and get all the money out of accounts. My neighbors and I have been doing this for over 2 months now and I am surprise it has hit the biggie already. Call me crazy, crazy is better than not prepared. Love and Peace, daisy

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Thing is those quakes were scattered. If look at these quakes you will realize that they are centered in a small area.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm a newbie to all this earthquake stuff. The CERI charts with the Arkansas quakes -- I see one coming from Ozark Folk Center, which is about 50miles from Greenbrier and the other is at Woolly Hollow which is about 7 miles away. The Ozark Folk Center looks really "busy" when compared to Woolly Hollow. Why is this?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

My family is from Arkansas and some still live in Arkansas so I can only hope you're wrong but I have told them casually to make sure you're always prepared for anything. I don't want to scare them...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KathyG427

What do you mean though? Do you mean that you have noticed a pattern which indicates you know when an earthquake is about to happen ?

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

No internet problems but due to the solar storm I have heard of others with cable problems and radio blackouts. I am unplugging everything tonight just to be safe from a surge.

I am interested in finding out if there is a correlation between quakes and the solar flare that just arrived.
edit on 17-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Anyone want to comment on the quakes near The Geysers, California ??

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy
[morebutcherguy
"Cutter aus Fleisch

go to profileadd as friendmake rivalview postsview threadsposts in threadsend messageALERT!

posted on 17-2-2011 @ 06:59 PM this post reply to post by Human_Alien

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a little bothered by the quotes in the Yahoo story, saying that the production wells are not a problem. Seems as though they want to push the blame on the waste injection wells.

If public opinion can be pushed to look at injection wells as the 'bad guy', the drillers can switch to evaporation ponds or treatment plants to deal with the wastewater, and go right on fracking.]'

Don't let them do the waste treatment plants or any of it! It's not helping Pa.

edit on 17-2-2011 by mugger because: sentence wrong

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shikori

What kind of difference in Radius? So more focused what???

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join