It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Crisis! PRICES SKYROCKET - OVERNIGHT! Mexico and Southwest lose 80-100% of crops! *MSM VIDEO*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I don't have a lot to add that this video doesn't cover other than, I think now would be a great time to start stocking up on non-perishables.

edit on 15-2-2011 by discl0sur3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

Well, there goes my eating healthy diet.
Guess it's back to canned foods and veggies for a while, eh?
S&F
I hadn't heard anything about major crop failures yet. Like the video said, I've been to pre-occupied with other things to even think about crops.
edit on 2/15/2011 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the video. wow here is a link on yahoo link World Bank: Food prices at "dangerous levels"

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

thank god i have a few chickens,,, rabbits,,,, and a cow...... and 2.5 acres of healthy farming...

bbut LOOK where i live...!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I always figured that the majority was grown indoors in controlled climates. Wasn't that the idea of buying up all the farmland to build indoor grow facilities and wash fertilizers down the drain. I must have been mistaken that the minority of the crops grown outdoors would have such a large impact. I appear to be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Excellent video, and thanks for the heads up.
Good thing oil doesn't grow in fields!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Please don't panic and go buy a lot of these particular goods. It will drive demand up, and lessen supply, thus exponentially pushing the price up higher.

But if you lay off on these goods for a few weeks to a month, and eat them sparingly, than we can decrease the demand and lessen the strain on the supply. Not buying it will help mitigate these pressures and alleviate the crisis. It will keep prices reasonable.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thanx to folks like Gerald Celente, Bob Chapman and my YouTuber patriot pals I knew this was coming 3 years ago and have prepared. But I do feel bad for my friends & family who didn't listen - thought I was a paranoid nutjob. Now they will regret ignoring my warnings. This kind of vindication doesn't give me much pleasure

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Please don't panic and go buy a lot of these particular goods. It will drive demand up, and lessen supply, thus exponentially pushing the price up higher.

But if you lay off on these goods for a few weeks to a month, and eat them sparingly, than we can decrease the demand and lessen the strain on the supply. Not buying it will help mitigate these pressures and alleviate the crisis. It will keep prices reasonable.

Agreed...however, buying bulk rice, beans etc while prices are still reasonable should have no discernible effect on the price of asparagus. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Agreed...however, buying bulk rice, beans etc while prices are still reasonable should have no discernible effect on the price of asparagus. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

also sugar coffee salt cocoa powder------ the list is endless....

but still time before the dollar crashes...... buy what you can now....IMHO,, without missing housepayments..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
what happens if you combine these problems with peak oil? just recently Wikileaks showed that Saudi Arabia's Oil has peaked. Another problem would be Yellow Stone
edit on 15-2-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Dutchsinse is a little behind here. This has been discussed off and on in the news and financial news since before the storms hit. It was predicted to be the outcome. I had my Wife stock up on frozen vegetables weekend before last to lessen the impact. My Freezer is full and the Pantry shelves are full of canned veggies.

Those who ignored the warning or don't pay attention to the news and are just finding out now are screwed I think. It was not ignored in the media.

If I recall there is a thread here from a couple of weeks ago discussing the speculators in the commodities market factoring this in and the prices starting to rise.

It would probably be wise for people to grab the frozen veggies to make up for lack of fresh ones right away before they are fully impacted. At least canned goods or something put on the market prior to this. Although most food stores can only shelve about three days worth at a time.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Link in Op does not work? I would like to hear more from those who saw it until it gets fixed.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I tried to talk about this a while back. Food shortages and increased pricing.

I live in SW Arizona. The #1 area for winter vegetables and other stuff.

All I got was nasty responses. I guess its OK to talk about it now.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Link in Op does not work? I would like to hear more from those who saw it until it gets fixed.

Just tested it, seems to work fine from this end.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3
I don't have a lot to add that this video doesn't cover other than, I think now would be a great time to start stocking up on non-perishables.

The vid is gone?

This is what I get when clicking the direct link:

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:
YdE3vzyYCQrAzdtZTpGFLuaGefs91mAZNkpG-jgLXeNDGNgRmgRwfiPIDGWo
SmFYb3wfocqLOMCNj-LIq9Db3qSn0HF7holoR6ukYCY284QnMUOQKWkdcWeS
xrdCkI9CzeJvxEvhhdjYhq4wy6Pys2tfbQjfjbJ5aQDY8e4WWHsiyI3wpwh7
azkDgAwsRy8uS4pC_zU5LP9T_Sbm7oP8N2JNF8vvUdzyXQhjWRiTu0CM16cy
DkVC6MeL5SbgXNwoEjrzHVJQbWACDVPQT4sCXxwx1uh4cAtBIktLqyjJKmlp
oT7k_MoNxDr5ZAIvRcnm6dS5r_xQHuWUvzbq8pOTFEZ1K_1dhQFjaj8EVNjT
T7LetLRuBWfORwI0g5yemoK-_NlPr4bre9_9nXobzi7CVbfEZ0qh_c4iTWlr
0H1bodta-A_8eIavjvHACspujZ1qk_MlQOzm3AjEf_kFzvNF81y4t3R3-BUD
4lj8QYqx1w5hh6b0v1HpOtzafTHZ0xWH3z6GSmECf1ilOfFGWQ5j0YflUoFx
EDaTIwgwmlQ6y7bX76fgqdiBXtd10p6Bu4ZuuEUyvG088-Gdv9kCrOPfeLOc
SFdHc4RBtxHP0j5Mzmge6_YPOxKLE1DAx_e2bCUI7fMlW1zvXgId2pqPIJ51
lXwKCeJyRiffNUiufk0ld9UtCJXi2YsR6f9EHFzduc3UQ6bYlYNHOU5-K9wJ
-NhlLk7mDuiY0poVIIB6NsnWfK5bQpwOrChuFznHjmpMESVOt8z1ZFnhQ3aB
WFAOhzdYStxqIi_KfH-Y2-aTgqkM3bscRHMy8nnHCHIGBJ825TQf18M6k4Jm
MObcuxDU6REiMCqYQhXwvfqAquD2H_pA0gjAhrjJUZXZWK8kJn1QAG_X5d8c
pm49dFIJaLGFqBD42UkA153Ex0NVgsT9J3nN7r41b1uC7wNqziB923Dn0Mz2
u5XIKDINrgwHEmEb_4uf4dyNkFh9moqLP2J-GvDv6vDCNOFxFFkPulhehSZ0
5oz7IOpTtnHYxuHdkStBl4UfPj0_C_fJF-QtTzJw_ze9C-ZvRNXYb6GWgOPS
1u-qMQH9AckT3uZCm-VHiYZwye0GA3i2nVz8WDP7mww6ceyi57IUWlBP3sNy
sqr7-Da8MOQr-lcm9uEuwWqZxCsuWNHCGfy1I9zcRGCncjrXFwPrVHtAfzO5
tzFDyxc2Hx-EGfEd41UGqmj6maz1QL8DgIwaVbA1W1e8KO_oMH-9EkKT6phv
gbRVBTzR6c1pSwATfR9pFmMRDuNTxUqFAZnrZtKpO_BrOC7_7fraKid5xv0J

Monkeys?

WTF?

edit on 15-2-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
I tried to talk about this a while back. Food shortages and increased pricing.

I live in SW Arizona. The #1 area for winter vegetables and other stuff.

All I got was nasty responses. I guess its OK to talk about it now.

I can relate to your frustration. The hard fact is that the vast majority will not accept the facts until they are corroborated by the MSM. So much for "Deny Ignorance"

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hmm....very strange.
Here's another link to the same video, let me know if you're still having issues...changed it in the OP as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'm getting a little tired of Mr Dutchsinse and his alarmist videos.

He is consistently wrong and misinformed about topics...and just likes to cause, or try to cause, panic.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

That one works fine.... Blaming it on the winter freeze, which means global warming right?

Interesting, but the youtube glitch has me a bit more interested at the moment.

Also, I wouldn't rule out gouging and intentional pricing manipulations here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join