It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Crisis! PRICES SKYROCKET - OVERNIGHT! Mexico and Southwest lose 80-100% of crops! *MSM VIDEO*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Try digging at least three feet deep, seperating the soil into two piles: top half and bottom half.

Kill any grubs you find.

Gather dry wood, leaves, plant debris and half fill the hole with it and set it on fire, burning it down to ash and charcoal. After the fire is out carefully mix the hot ashes and coals into one of you dirt piles and repeat the process with the other pile. If you can afford natural organic fertilizers like bat guano, add some to the soil.

Line the plot with wire mesh If you have gophers or moles.

Water the hole well after laying down a bed of dry branches, dry leaves and grasses, green leaves, weeds whatever, as long as they are green. Add some fish heads, spines tails if you can get them. After you have filled your plot with enough water to cover the bed start refilling the hole, top dirt first, adding some dry straw every now and then, just a very thin layer to hold moisture. Add some broken pottery sherds in 1/3-1/2 inch pieces and add small chunks of charcoal (natural only [i]not self-lighting briquets!) to each pile mixing thoroughly before refilling plot.

Once you're set up like that and keep it up, you'll find you are making good productive soil: I started out with decomposed granite, now my gardens produce awesomely. It was hard work: my pick is half the size it started life as. But well worth it: my beds run anywhere from 2 1/2 to 5 feet deep, filled with rich productive soil.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman

I fear we are nearing a breaking point.

Too many seperate but inter-related factors are all going south at the same time.

I agree. Its the problem with complex interconnected systems, particularly when you strain them to their breaking point in terms of resources usage. When things go bad, they go down like the game Jenga. One little stick gets pulled, just like many before it, only this one just happened to be the one everything above it had come to depend on because too many of the other supports had disappeared.

We are on the edge in several critical areas. It isnt going to take much to start a downward spiral at this point that panic and supply problems can turn into a nightmare.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

No crops have been lost in San Diego due to a shortage of workers. Where on earth did you hear that? At any rate it isn't true. I live here and I'd know.

An Agriculture Newspaper. It was a few years ago.

I was a receptionist (hubby's company). I spent most of my time for the last 20 years reading stuff - - all kinds of stuff - - from all sources.

If I find the article (or similar) I'll post it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as gardening where I am - - I'm the white minority who grew up on the Los Angeles Beaches. If I really need to do that - - I have wonderful helpful neighbors.

I do have 2 acres right next to a canal.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Prices skyrocket ? lol.. ask one bilion people who don't have food and their price to be skyrocketing.Fearmongering and paranoia ..market will regulate the prices by itself.So many people waiting SHTF but they don't realise that Shiet is already here so many years.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by strato
Will this affect Europe as well?

af.reuters.com...

with grain/agriculture now a global commodity(ies) any shortage anywhere will eventually impact Europe, esp grains and beef. vegetables are apparently more local/regional so this might not affect outside the Americas.

I understand there were some harvest issues in Euro this winter, esp Russia (winter), but not much in the news.
I think a lot of Euro veggies are glass-grown or imported from Israel/Mediterranean but I'm no expert.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I tried to talk about this a while back. Food shortages and increased pricing...

All I got was nasty responses.....

There have been a lot of us trying to warn people about the coming food shortages and increased pricing that is the result of manipulation by the International Ag Cartel. All we have gotten in response as you say "was nasty responses"

I agree with Doreen

LET THEM EAT GRASS!

At this point only starvation will wake the blasted Sheeple up but by then of course it will be too late.

SLEEPWALK TO STARVATION Huw Rowlands 09/08

With hindsight, it was the late 1990’s and the first decade of the 21st Century when farming went into irreversible decline as it lurched and staggered like a perpetual drunkard from crisis to disaster....

In Case you do not think the Food Cartels exist:

THE GLOBALIZATION OF CORPORATE CRIME: FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CARTELS Purdue University, Department of Agricultural Economics

....The global food-and-feed cartels of the 1990s achieved their goals brilliantly. During the conspiracy periods, the cartel managers were able to perform market magic. They raised the transaction prices of their companies’ products simultaneously nearly everywhere in the world to levels well above the economic costs of production and distribution, thereby expanding the pool of industry profits to levels that were several times what natural market forces would have yielded. At the same time, their customers were faced with substantial price increases that no amount of searching, bargaining, and negotiating would lower. In many cases, the food and feed manufacturers that purchased the cartelized products found that only one supplier would deign to negotiate a deal....

Dan Amstutz, VP of Cargill, wrote the WTO Agreement on Ag in 1995 and the "Freedom to Fail Act" (1996 Farm bill) he then went to work for Sachs Goldman. WANTtoKNOW. Info: Excerpts of Key Financial News Articles in Major Media shows how the 2008 food prices spikes were caused by Sachs Goldman and friends. The Amstutz Award is given by the North American Export Grain Association in honor of Dan Amstutz and in recognition of his outstanding and extraordinary service to the export grain trade

“In summary, we have record low grain inventories globally as we move into a new crop year. We have demand growing strongly. Which means that going forward even small crop failures are going to drive grain prices to record levels. As an investor, we continue to find these long term trends...very attractive.” Food shortfalls predicted: 2008 www.financialsense.com...

“Recently there have been increased calls for the development of a U.S. or international grain reserve to provide priority access to food supplies for Humanitarian needs. The National Grain and Feed Association (NGFA) and the North American Export Grain Association (NAEGA) strongly advise against this concept..Stock reserves have a documented depressing effect on prices... and resulted in less aggressive market bidding for the grains.” July 22, 2008 letter to President Bush www.naega.org...

"Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world." - Henry Kissinger 1970.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar, have you looked into the possiblity of converting to a community sponsored agriculture model? You may want to do some research into it. It would help you get to market without having to jump through the hoops of agreeing to mandated pricing.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I think the point of this thread is that you really do need to do this now.

Waiting a few months will likely mean the difference between enjoying fresh produce from you garden over the summer and fall as opposed to viewing it as a an expensive and occasional luxury.

Try this:

Google winter wheat and set to latest and just keep an eye on the reports...you'll get a lot of other grain reports, too. And pretty much everywhere on the planet, extreme weather conditions are damaging more and more crops,: shortages are looming, and getting more severe by the week. If the weather doesn't settle down soon, prices will get very, very high.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Google winter wheat and set to latest and just keep an eye on the reports...you'll get a lot of other grain reports, too. And pretty much everywhere on the planet, extreme weather conditions are damaging more and more crops,: shortages are looming, and getting more severe by the week. If the weather doesn't settle down soon, prices will get very, very high.

David did an analysis of the growing season during solar Cycle 24. At the time he was called a kook.

Quantifying the US Agricultural Productivity Response to Solar Cycle 24
.....Assuming that two thirds of the productivity increase in mid-western states from 1990 to
2004 was climatically driven, then the productivity decline in this region due to Solar Cycle
24 is expected to be of the order of 30%.
The total US agricultural productivity decrease
would be less than that at possibly 20%, equating to the export share of US agricultural
production.
www.davidarchibald.info...

2011 - FOOD RIOTS SPREADING

GLOBAL fOOD SUPPLY DWINDLING

FOOD BUBBLE COLLAPSE

PURDUE UNIV - GLOBALIZATION OF CORPORATE CRIME: FOOD AND AG CARTELS

World food prices at fresh high, says UN - 1/5/2011

China's Wheat Basket Faces Its Worst Drought In 200 Years

Corn Prices To Soar As Chinese Imports Increase Ninefold Compared To Official Projections 2/6/2011

Mexico loses 80-100% of crops to freeze, US prices to skyrocket 2/2011

Russia, one of the biggest producers of wheat bans exports from 15 August to 31 December 2010

In response the global elite are making a grab for valuable farmland using the excuse of "Food Safety" The new US "Food safety" law is designed to push independent farmers off their land and make it available for "investors" as was done in the European Union using similar regulations

...Another positive factor for farmland values is an investment in farmland is now viewed as a “safe haven” by non-agricultural investors. The day of megabucks moving into mutual funds is over. There are substantial amounts of cash in the United States and around the world looking for a place to park — and farmland is on everyone's list. www.msdeltafarmland.com...

Farm References
FOOD SAFETY:
John Munsell's Comment in this article is the best description of the food safety problem I have seen: www.marlerblog.com...
www.forbes.com...
(Tester amendment is scam) www.activistpost.com...
(Home Gardens) www.examiner.com...

Background and History
www.opednews.com...
1996rFeedom to farm Act: archive.corporatewatch.org...
domesticpolicy.oversight.house.gov...

www.smirkingchimp.com...
www.smirkingchimp.com...
www.smirkingchimp.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I think the point of this thread is that you really do need to do this now.

Waiting a few months will likely mean the difference between enjoying fresh produce from you garden over the summer and fall as opposed to viewing it as a an expensive and occasional luxury.

Try this:

Thank you so much apacheman. I really do appreciate it.

Unfortunately - - there's not much I can do at this time - - because - out of necessity - I am living with daughter in Redondo Beach CA - - as her nanny. An unforeseen emergency situation - - going on 3 years now.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProvehitoInAltum

My son and his GF did at one time, but that is just WAY too many people for me, I am um what you would call eccentric, a loner. I value my privacy more than having a community. I was in a huge community, a great one many years ago, did it so fully I am done with it. Thanks for the tip tho. NOw if it could be done with a bunch of animals then I would be interested.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join