It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Birds In My Area, Whats Happening In Toronto?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Usual by early mornings once i wake up i should see some birds outside either at the tress or at the power lines but this month the birds i am familiar of seeing everyday, but they weren't the birds i was used of seeing.

For two weeks as a bird watcher i was waiting for the birds that i was familiar with seeing but sadly they weren't coming back these new birds appeared in my area, they dont sing quite often, the new ones have a long beak well not every long beaks since the bird is small, there color around there body is black.

Well if is there anyone here from Toronto Have you noticed odd about the general presence of the birds in your area or your pets behavior?

edit on 15-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Here in ol Kentucky the bird population around my place is healthy and HUNGRY!!
I can't keep the feeders filled fast enough! Maybe I got your birds?

Joking aside, i've always kept an eye on the birds... even before they started falling from the sky... Their behavior can be an heads up to storms... predators... etc etc
edit on 15-2-2011 by EvolEric because: typo

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Thunder Bay . Last summer was the first in 20 years that the starlings didn't arrive . Happy about that as they are an introduced invasive species that kills off native North American song birds . Feeders out in my pines all summer and enjoyed the chirping chorus of chicks in the nests and the singing of the song birds that lasted until September until they flew south . Feeders loaded and ready for the winter birds in October and nothing has shown up . Lots of winter birds every year , but not this year . Had new birds last summer . Yellow body with black wings never seen in Northwestern Ontario before . Don't recall the name but they are native to the southern USA as far north as the central USA . Never saw an owl in town before but they are everywhere this winter sitting on the poles and hunting in and around the forested area of town . Grey Owls , beautiful . Don't know where the starlings went , don't know where the winter birds went and don't know why the owls arrived .

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
North of Belleville ON. We just had a few day of warm weather and alot of the snow has melted. I started to clean some garbage around the yard, and much to my suprise I had to clean up dead birds 10 to be exact, and 2 on part of my neighbours lawn. Last year there were 2. I find this very odd. After reading about some bird deaths in the States, I thought, well there is alot of crazy thing happening there, but this is Canada. Now my yard is not that big, so I wonder if I take a walk in the woods, how many will I find? It is bothersome to see this. The birds are far and few between here too. Really strange.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Snakeybasterds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Snakeybasterds

Well I live on the East coast and this winter I see huge amounts of crows and seagulls. I don't know if they are here every winter, I don't remember seeing them but it's possible. Also like everywhere else, it seems, we had a lot of snow this winter so maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe they are looking for food because they just love to tear the garbage open on garbage night.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

Ya we have hade a bit of snow this year. Still disturbing to see. Hopefully that is the cause.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
In Ottawa area, the birds are scarce. Noticed that the crows were no where to be seen in the last 2 weeks and they are always around. Found it odd but thought maybe it was because their natural migration systems were messed up...due to shifts in poles?!?! I thought it was the same thing as the geese by lake Erie...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Herblackwings

I would like to know where they have gone. It is odd. Why are only very few around. I don't know maybee it was a rough winter on them.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
On Georgian Bay north of Toronto.
The Chicadees and the Crows one would expect for a nice day in February were out yesterday while it was mild.
Only there were not nearly as many as there would be if things were normal.
There were only a token few
edit on 19-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I am not sure but my coworkers have noticed this too. I would feel better knowing they have gone elsewhere for food or something. we normally have crows, Blue Jays , chickadess all munching away happily on the bird seed we put out...now nothing

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I wonder how wide spread this is in Canada, the lack of birds. Mybee the birds that normally stay around went south.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I hope so. But the weather almost seems worse in the south don't you think? Maybe they're just hunkering down in nearby forests, waiting for better weather...I can only wish

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well hopefully spring time they appear in there usual numbers. I think maybee there is some truth that they are scrambled now. Maybee weather, maybee the magnetic shift, whatever the cause is, it is strange.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I found 1 bird today, a Blue Jay. I went walking through our woods early this morning to look. I am hoping as the weather warms all the birds will reappear. Thank you for suffering my concerns

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Bird populations are going to start moving from the northern parts of the globe by at least 5-8,000 miles within the next year as the poles realign. More like a temporary shift rather than an outright permanent relocation. That is my theory on the matter.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Clifford1972

Do you think migratory animals would also move that distance as well? Are you in an area that has birds arriving there that have not been there in past years?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Just took a walk through are woods, and nothing. I will take a walk later, as the day warms up. I did see one bird on the way home, on the hydro line.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Dude it's -30, ever hear of migration

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

of course, I live in the Ottawa area. every year at this time there are all kinds of crows and other birds that we feed. Suddenly they just decided to migrate?!?!?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Ok just talking to a neighbour. She said that the feeder was only filled once this season. She also finds this odd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join