It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Reports of military is helping protestors....(with upates)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

didnt quite get you there bud...why dont we turn the tables and ask you..do you mind Iranians interfering with your government?

Each to his own bro....thats why the world is crazy and mad is because of people telling other people whats good for them and whats not...let the Iranians decide for their future. It doesnt mean that since the US holds the worlds strongest military arsenal it could decide the fate of another country.

Unless of course, with plunging economy the US wants to get their oil like what they did to Iraq; well then its another story...hohum....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I think the people of Iran would take offense to being lumped in with the Middle East. They are not an arab country, but Persian.

Either way I hope the people can get what they deserve - A free society and a Government that has the conset of the people.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think the people of Iran would take offense to being lumped in with the Middle East.

According to the traditional definition, Iran is accepted as being part of the Middle East.

Wiki Link

They are not an arab country, but Persian.

Absolutely correct. They do take offense to being considered an Arab country, because they aren't Arab.

edit on 15-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Sorry about that.. My point was they have a long, rich deep history and being lumped in with mid east cultures and history, at least imo, is a bit off.

Case in point - Arabian Guld and Persian Gulf lol.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Indeed, they are sort of the odd man out, so to speak, in the Middle East.

The Arabs have had more of a tribal history than the empires that can be associated with Iran(Persia) over their very long history.

edit on 15-2-2011 by butcherguy because: had to switch icons

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

AP, Tehran, Iran , 15 February 2011 — Clashes between Iranian police and tens of thousands of protesters wracked central Tehran on Monday killing one person, as opposition supporters tried to evoke the spirit of Egypt’s recent popular uprising.

www.english.mojahedin.org...

Hundreds of riot police officers in Iran beat protesters and fired tear gas Monday to contain the most significant street protests since the end of the 2009 uprising there, as security forces around the region moved — sometimes brutally — to prevent new unrest in sympathy with the opposition victory in Egypt. The size of the protests in Iran was unclear. Witness accounts and news reports from inside the country suggested that perhaps 20,000 to 30,000 demonstrators in several cities defied strong warnings and took to the streets.

www.english.mojahedin.org...

still getting reports of heavy internet and phone censorship.

Anonymous Iran:
iran.whyweprotest.net...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

How ridiculous is it tht there r major protests and stuff going on while local TV/Radio r pretending tht nothings happening

No difference to the way the west doesnt really report protests
Citizens around the world protested often against the war and still do, its not really reported, no real media coverage

911 Truth Movement and 911 Families protest often, no real media coverage

If you do get a snippet of news of a group of people protesting (about something) its often downsized in the way its reported, ie numbers, footage will either zoom an angle so it appears not that many people are there

If there is violence (often not started by the protesters) they report that and make it a focal point

Classical example:
Recent student protests in the UK, a small group got in the way of Charles and Camillas car, well the car actually drove there... 50,000 other students (peaceful) were no where near the car, yet the coverage concentrated on charles and camilla and not on the 50,000 peaceful students

Listen carefully to how the US Administration and MSM avoids certain topics and how they use certain words (language)

Obama Press conference yesterday:
Reporter asked Obama a question about other Middle East protests in particular Bahrain
Obama skirted away from actually answering the question and brought attention to Iran - He never answered the reporters question! Where police ARE attacking the Pro Democracy Protesters

US Administration/MSM if they do mention protests in the Middle East, they never ever mention its the POLICE who are attacking these people, (Clinton recently) they use words like riots but never give you the background at who is actually doing it...

This is how the WEST behaves how they reduce actual flow of REAL information to its people, (twisted, slanted, misrepresented, lies) in a way no real difference to how Middle East State TV operates

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just a reminder:

Western Riot Police in the west use tear gas on westerners who protest aswell

Western Riot Police in the west beat westerners who protest aswell

Anti G20, WTO, war protests etc etc

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

Thanks for the newsflash.

We are discussing Iran.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellen15
Just a reminder:

Western Riot Police in the west use tear gas on westerners who protest aswell

Western Riot Police in the west beat westerners who protest aswell

Anti G20, WTO, war protests etc etc

really there is no comparision between the west and iraq when it comes to protesting? does the west hang political activists?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
breaking

One university professor and at least 10 students has been arrested today at Art uni

Fear, the human reaction to danger, has a significant impact. In fact, fear is what keeps us from defeating the regime.

“Death to Dictator” and “Viva Republic” chants in Tehran’s Imam Hossein Square

Ahmadinejad vows to punish protest organisers

Protests spread in Tehran University as well as many other parts of the capital

Reports about Gun fire and Tear gas attack at Art University of Tehran

Police Brutally Beating and Arresting People who try to gather near Vali Aasr Junc

Iran's Islamic Propagation Coordination Council calls for Friday rally to show 'hatred' of 'seditious, hypocritical' opposition

Urgent "LIVE From Honar University TEHRAN: " Trapped in KARBORDI HALL, Armed BASIJIS Are Beating us, Plz Help ! "

edit on 16-2-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
yesterday:
Iran protests: Clashes at demonstrator's Tehran funeral

Fresh clashes have erupted in Tehran during the funeral of a student killed in anti-government protests on Monday, Iranian state television says. Rival groups of pro- and anti-government protesters both claim the dead man as one of their supporters.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well the protesters have struck a nerve with the Government. They are calling for protesters to be arrested and tried, and any leader tried and executed. This one is gonna get bloody.. I hope the people fully understand what its going to take in roder to get their country back.

On a side note I saw Secretary of State Clinton made some comments at a press conference in regards to censorship. They are spending 34 million on a pilot program that will assist people in countries who heavily sensor media, so they can get their side of the story out.

Personally speaking, I think this is one of the few occasions where it seems like a decent use of taxpayers dolars. At least its a step back in the right direction of stnading for freedom.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I wonder where the Obama administration will stand on this?

I heard him explain how they did exactly the right thing regarding Egypt. I guess straddling the fence and talking both ways is what you call that. I hope they figure out some policy for the Iranian protesters, instead of waffling until it is over.

Personally speaking, I think this is one of the few occasions where it seems like a decent use of taxpayers dolars. At least its a step back in the right direction of stnading for freedom.

Agreed! Inexpensive to get results, too.

edit on 16-2-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
PDK Shoots Demonstrators in Slemani(Sleymaniya) Kurdistan N.Iraq 17-02-201

www.youtube.com...

Video of a protest in Kurdistan (Northern Iraq). Protesters pelt the Kurdish ruling party's headquarters, chanting slogans demanding more work and the resignation of the government. Police open fire, reportedly killing 10 and wounding 42.

www.ekurd.net...

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Hold on a moment and hold a min?

The Green Movement

Thats what the media used that before, it seems the TBP or PTB are very well behind the Iranian protests to, it seems just to suspicious for my take.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join