It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is WHITE history month?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Reply to post by tom502

But the truth is...I don't hate whites. I love them to bits.

And trying telling that to some stuck up celebrity like Paris Hilton haha, they love themselves and they're white

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Reply to post by tom502

But the truth is...I don't hate whites. I love them to bits.

And trying telling that to some stuck up celebrity like Paris Hilton haha, they love themselves and they're white

I was respoding to woogleuk's comment mainly, as well as a general view on how I see it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Another thing. It is not the months, networks, parades etc.. that I think are being done to try to make whitey ashamed.

It's the overall view by some that we should continue to pay for our ancestors mistakes.

Till when?

When will it be put to rest?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Gotta love Freeman

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
When is Asian History Month?

May

When is Hispanic History Month?

September

When is Native American History Month?

November

Keeping it separate and in the forefront, while benevolent in intention and full of pride and all that, in reality just keeps it all separate.

What makes these months and celebrating various history and heritage a problem is the REACTION to having the month in the first place. White people crying, "Where is OUR month"???
is what makes this a problem. If we could all see these different celebrations as an opportunity to LEARN about different cultures and heritages, AND NOT FEEL THREATENED by it, then there would be no problem, but people always cry... "What about ME"???

There's nothing wrong with being different. People are different and come from different cultures. What's wrong is when we are afraid of each other and have feelings of fear, jealousy, resentment and so on based on someone's cultural or racial group.

I live in a culturally diverse area and we celebrate each others' races and cultures with eagerness and excitement! Catholic Hispanic families could not be more different than I am, but we all get along because we recognize and respect our differences. If we all tried to pretend that we're the same, there would be lots of resentment and "right" and "wrong".

Love the Morgan Freeman video. He's amazing!
edit on 2/13/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
It's part of the hate whitey racist agenda that the powers that be seek to program into people's minds, even whites, which one self hating whitey posted exposing himself. Slavery was and still in, an African business, blacks captured and sold their own people. Slavery in the US was capitalistic, not racial, they would have bought slaves from anyone, just was that the Africans had the market, and were right across the sea, if it was China there, and there was a Chinese slave market, then the slaves would be Chinese, and the same if it was Croatia. This is the real racism in the US, the hate honky racism, that so many, even whites have been brainwashed to hate themselves and believe lies that pass for history.

This is so true. I just watch a show last night on the chocolate industry. Even when the big chocolate bar companies got together to put a fair wage system in place in order to ensure there was no slave labor, the African farmers STILL used children and paid them squat to make more money. sure once they were exposed they were arrested and face minimum 5 year sentences, but the mentality was still there to use their own as slaves to make profit. No one will ever know if it was the European/American slave trade that bread this mentality, but they were given the opportunity to change and not all of them did

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
When is Asian History Month?

May

When is Hispanic History Month?

September

When is Native American History Month?

November

Keeping it separate and in the forefront, while benevolent in intention and full of pride and all that, in reality just keeps it all separate.

What makes these months and celebrating various history and heritage a problem is the REACTION to having the month in the first place. White people crying, "Where is OUR month"???
is what makes this a problem. If we could all see these different celebrations as an opportunity to LEARN about different cultures and heritages, AND NOT FEEL THREATENED by it, then there would be no problem, but people always cry... "What about ME"???

There's nothing wrong with being different. People are different and come from different cultures. What's wrong is when we are afraid of each other and have feelings of fear, jealousy, resentment and so on based on someone's cultural or racial group.

I live in a culturally diverse area and we celebrate each others' races and cultures with eagerness and excitement! Catholic Hispanic families could not be more different than I am, but we all get along because we recognize and respect our differences. If we all tried to pretend that we're the same, there would be lots of resentment and "right" and "wrong".

You may have discredited one view, but backed up another that says all these pride months are designed to keep us separated into our classes.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
White history month will never happen.

It was the white man who made the black man his slave
It was the white man who kicked the Indian (native American) out of his home.
It was the white man who took over India and the rest of the world.

It is the white man who has to answer for the crimes of his ancestors.

What we once used to be (the white man), we should be ashamed of, there is no room for pride.

That is my opinion.
edit on 13/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Um, it was actually the black man who made the black man his slave. I see you should brush up on your history a bit. Should blacks hate each other because their ancestors were slave owners as well?

"Answer for the crimes of his ancestors?" They weren't crimes, it was perfectly legal to own a slave. People like you are the reason these "pride" months all exist at all. You can't put the #ing past behind you and move on. I will not be ashamed of the past of my ancestors, sorry. Because unlike you, I realize that without the past, this present wouldn't exist.

How about a human history month, where everyone can acknowledge that where we are today, wouldn't have been possible without the events that occurred in the past. Stop separating # by skin color. It's primitive thinking, and really, it's getting tiresome.
edit on 13-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

Morgan Freeman has it right. That is what needs to happen. No more "african americans", "hispanic americans" et al.... Let's just be Americans and "People".

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Exactly my point. Thank you thank you thank you. Stop talking about it and be.

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You may have missed my point. Which was pretty much exactly what you said and what Freeman said.

edit on 2/13/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Gotta love Freeman

The man is correct. The only way to stop is to put it behind us is to stop talking about it. Move along.

That's what I am going to do right now.

I'm out of this cesspool.

Remember this: I love you all, brothers and sisters.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I dislike any kind of ''history month'' based along racial or cultural lines.

What this does, by highlighting different races, is encourage children to divide people along racial/cultural lines, and just perpetuates this way of thinking from a young age.

Surely the most sensible thing to do would be just to teach history with fairly proportioned coverage to all races and cultures ?

This would encourage children to look at events because of their historical importance rather than viewing them because of any supposed ''racial significance'' that the events may be purported to have.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by tom goose

I think the months usually correspond to certain events?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

LOL I'd like to see a little bit more of that interview, Morgan Freeman, is awesome.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
We celebrate black history month to acknowledge the struggle black people as a race have gone through and still go through because of the color of their skin. It is a time to reflect on that struggle and what we as Americans can do to improve this situation. We do not need a "White History Month"! Have a compassionate clue man.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

You know what they say about opinions, right?

Yes, yours is one I would not take seriously given your answers and your short time here on ATS, when I get to see more of your opinions and understand a bit more about you I may change my tune, but given your blatant attack on my opinions I will hold you in very little regard.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

Ha ha you know I really never thought about a white history month,I guess most people think that every month is white history month??I don't know maybe we should have one for every ethnic background,then we would have to add more months to the calander,then we would have to do mixed races jeeze this could get complicated.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
MARCH Thru JANUARY
ditto

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The Title of this thread irked me, but some of the posts I read made me very happy.

It is true. Celebrate diversity. For me, I actually like seeing the diverse peoples of where I live.

Hawaii has a massive "melting pot" of cultures. So I see all kinds of cultures and skin tones everyday. It is actually exciting to see all these cultures live in (relative) harmony with each other, although there is a stigma against mainland whites are. The local kine haoles can fit in just fine though, it is the mainland attitude that does not fly here.

Anyway I think I'm going slightly off topic, but anyway, there ya go.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveyourlife
We celebrate black history month to acknowledge the struggle black people as a race have gone through and still go through because of the color of their skin. It is a time to reflect on that struggle and what we as Americans can do to improve this situation. We do not need a "White History Month"! Have a compassionate clue man.

So you don't agree with Morgan Freeman. Other that the phrase Black History how do you see the function? I don't know how to phrase this, but if there was a plan to abolish racism, racial history months would be your answer ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join