It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reiterates demand that Iran allow protests

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

First off, S+F DD, awesome timing on the thread.
Second, to Slayer,
I see a common "thread" here. When people protest a US backed government, the protesters are seen as noble heros, fighting the good fight.
When people protest an anti-US government, they are sheep, CIA, MI-6, MOSSAD, stooges, fools, and suckers.

Yeah. Got it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
.... And what if the Americans started revolting. What if Iran started backing the American people?

Sorry, but Obama is telling us too much about himself, when he's actively supporting the protests in countries that shouldn't concern him.

I think you Americans should be protesting against your government.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Jesus ok............

Does the hypocrisy ever end here on ATS?

So first we invovle ourselves TOO much with Iran, and we need to stay out of their business, and everything that goes on with them is just some covert operation.

But when it comes to Egypt we didnt do enough?

Someone wana explain to me why some of the people riding both sides of THAT fence cant see their own glaring hypocrisy?

People are losing all common sense

Well I for one thought we should have stayed out of Egypts business as well. I am not a supporter of telling other countries how to run there country. I mean we raise cain and scream about how other countries can't have nuclear fusion, however we continue to produce it. If another country even begins to start working with Nuclear energy we automatically accuse them of trying to make nuclear weapons. Sure in some cases it's true ie North Korea, but how can we dictate what another country can or can't do. If the country is a threat to us then I can see it to a degree of wanting to find out what they are working on and see if its a threat. If its just because we don't like the country and don't trust the leadership then I am not so supportive. Great example of this would be Iraq, funny how those weapons of mass destruction never showed up. The best part to me is how even after there was nothing in Iraq Bush started pushing towards Iran claiming the weapons had been moved there. So what was his agenda take out the whole Middle East looking for WMD's that didn't exist in the first place?

My favorite and most loved example of Hypocrasy that is America is this. We have cache upon cache of Biological, Chemical, and Nuclear weapons. We signed a treaty to never use those weapons yet we still work on them at places like Dugway Proving Grounds, USAMRIDD, etc. Why are we still working on something that isn't even supposed to be manufactured or stored for that matter. Why aren't these agents buried at 500 feet underground? Also the oceans we tread all over the world in our Battleships. If a country complains we point out that this is free waters and we can go wherever we want even if it's 100 miles off your coast line, but you can damned well bet your last dollar that if China or any other sovereign nation stuck Battleship a 100 miles off the coast of America we would be screaming threats of War.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Scary thread, it really makes me wonder just how insane the world is becoming and if there will be a whiplash across the world after Egypt and yet how many people will have to die for that right to assemble?

I saw one man say that he had taken out life insurance and was willing to die for what he believed, so too it will be in Iran in the coming weeks.

This story has only just begun.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The White House should focus on cutting spending and cutting taxes on the middle class.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I actually agree with you on this as well. I do not think we need to flood the streets with people screaming revolution necessarily, but I do agree that we need to protest more. I am not a staunch Republican by any means but Obama is a joke. I for the life of me cannot even fathom how a man has become the President of the United States yet has not had to provide one shred of evidence the he is indeed a US citizen. With so many questions about his actual nationality I am shocked that no one actually cares enough to demand it. Other then a couple of groups that have sued, but there litigation has been so tied up in courts that by the time they find the answer the man won't be in the White House anymore.

Furthermore our rights in this country have gone down the toilet yet we still sit idly by and watch it happen. The Constitution clearly states we the people not we the rich capitalistic elite that run Washington. These people care nothing for what we want, but yet no one protests the fact that we don't even really elect them. The system is supposed to work as the votes are counted to see who the majority of Americans voted for. Yet the way it works is that the Electorial College is supposed to pick based on what the majority of there designated areas want. The honest truth is that the Electorial College can pick whoever they want and who's to say with enough money they can't be bribed by someone?

What is the Electoral College? The Electoral College, administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), is not a place. It is a process that began as part of the original design of the U.S. Constitution. The Electoral College was established by the founding fathers as a compromise between election of the president by Congress and election by popular vote. The people of the United States vote for the electors who then vote for the President. Read more about how the terms "Elector" and "Electoral College" came into usage.

www.archives.gov...

The system has been corrupt for so long it's not even funny and no one ever does anything about anything. They just do like me right now gripe about it in the comfort of there own home to people they don't know. Yet do they actually write a letter to anyone? I know that I have written letters to my congressman time and time again about things I disagree with. The honest truth is that if enough people called for change either by letter, phone calls, or picketing in the streets your representatives would have no choice but to go with what you want. In the end of it all they want to be re-elected and they want to continue there job without you they can't. You local representatives are not picked by any college they are picked by us.

edit on 2/13/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Think you have summed it up nicely
Guess I don't have to weigh in on this one .To the folks whining about obama......If there is something you don't like you can write/phone/email your representives in washington.Last I looked we still had that right don't think the patriot act took that one away yet.Although peaceful protest will get you labeled as a terrorist.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Isn't that the truth about protesting take a look at one of my first posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

DHS sitting outside of my local Federal Bldg in response to a small protest of less then 30 people.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by SLAYER69

You're absolutely right..

The CIA, Mossad and M15 or any Government alphabet agency would NEVER ever think to meddle in a foreign countries politics..

How silly do we all look? 'Facepalms meself"

Oh we know what we've done. We get our mistakes thrown in our faces all day everyday 24/7-365 here at ATS. All I did was just hold up a mirror and tried my best to demonstrate the double sided/two faced fence riding that goes on around here at ATS sometimes by a few with Agendas because it's the popular thing to do.

Meanwhile all sides think the opposing view are merely sheeple for believing in what they do...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1442af22502.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 13-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Such events and situations will always be used as propaganda chips by someone (everyone), it’s just that one side is likely to have an easier job and greater success. Clearly, no-one is going to miss a chance to push their agenda (ATS members included) or to make themselves look good in the eyes of "their" people.

Indeed this was the point that the article in the OP was making, cleverly ignored because certain people would prefer to push anti-US Government "fight the power" nonsense, as always. I suggest that people discuss the subject matter (i.e. the upcoming protests), even if it might mean discussing the questionable antics of non-Western governments (shock! horror!) and forget the obligatory rhetoric flying in all directions.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Yaaaawwn.. Once again the u.s poking its nose in other peoples business.. Theyd be screaming like banshees if other countries told u.s citizens to go out and protest their corrupt , bloodthirsty government the way the egyptians protested and got mubarak out...

Interesting turn of events,
Good thread
Egypt Constitution Suspended, Parliament Dissolved, Military Council Says

Egypt’s army dissolved the country’s parliament and suspended the constitution following the ouster of President Hosni Mubarak, saying it will rule for six months or until general elections are held.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Star and Flag

The US needs to stay ouyt of that mess.
We have enough of our own home grown problems right here at home...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Lol... picture says a thousand words, no? Guess I'll leave it at that.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1442af22502.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Definitely hypocrisy. We even have a Constitutional Amendment that says point blank NO LAW shall be made to curtail our rights of freedom of assembly and freedom of speech.

What I am afraid of is the US government is intentionally twisting the tail of the Middle Eastern Countries as they did to the Germans and the Japanese.

The elite bankers love to use Americans as cannon fodder to cover-up their financial shenanigans. Ever notice how every time we are in a severe recession/depression a war is used to deflect attention from the criminal Federal Reserve?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hypocrisy in government is just... to be expected anymore....But....

As far as Iran, they made very hypocritical statements when they praised the Egyptian people for standing up to it's government and having a successful revolution ( Though they are just getting started). They claimed that it reminded them of the revolution that took place in Iran that allowed for the current government to take hold there.

The hypocrisy comes in for Iran, when they will not allow there people to protest against the current government there. They made it illegal, which ultimately is pointless to do, because illegal or not, when the people are fed up, no law will stop them from over throwing a government. If the will of the people in Iran are strong and they want a new change in Iran bad enough, they will stand up and fight.

They did this not so long ago, and they lost and gave up and went home... But I do believe that the attempted revolution in Iran, was just the very first step in a long series that will lead to a revolution in Iran.

As for the US, I will admit that I do not know much about what happened to the protesters during the G20 summit. Were people killed needlessly like they were in Iran or Egypt? Were the people protesting trying to overthrow the US government? I don't recall hearing anything about that.

I do recall hearing some stories of a few being roughed up after "refusing to cooperate with police" and I do recall hearing that the protesters were not allowed to get anywhere near enough to efficiently have their voices and concerns heard or noticed.

But can we really compare that to what happened in Iran or Egypt? No, I do not think so. Protests happen all over this country on a near daily basis( I used to have a link to a website with hundreds of protests groups and when and where each protest would take place). Ultimately the people were allowed to protest, the issue was only that they were not allowed to get to close...

In Iran and Egypt they had to deal with the very real risk of death, just for protesting, and people did die. But what needs to be understood is, that if the will of the people is strong enough, no government can stop them. Not even the United States Government could stop a revolution by the people. Sure, they could maybe stop it for a while, but when the whole of the country is revolting, I think you will find that there is just not too much a government can do. Also, when the Military of said government takes the side of the people, that is game,set and match.

So no, I do not think there is hypocrisy in the US government stating that it thinks the people of Iran should be allowed to protest.... At least not as far as the G20 summit is concerned. The people of the US, were allowed to protest.
edit on 13-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I am sure the picture postcard crowd has a picture to explain all that!

Kind of makes you wonder why if there are only 3 countries that use English as their primary language that the Chinese make all those Police Plexi Glass Sheilds only in English.

Only 20% of the planet speaks English but a 100% of Chinese Made (presumably pruchased with homeland security money) Police Plexi Glass Sheilds are made in English.

All proved by sourceless pictures!

The pictures that some just don't have a 1,000 words to explain in a sensible way.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

And MSM would report that a dozen or so home grown terrorists were attacking the WH..

ROTFLMAO

That is oh so true.

I understand they have protests for something every day of the week and the media just ignores them unless it advances the agenda of TPTB

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I think you Americans should be protesting against your government.

Protests do not work worth a darn here in the USA.

There are other more useful means of taking back our government and I have been actively working on it for the last few years.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

DHS sitting outside of my local Federal Bldg in response to a small protest of less then 30 people.

Ashville N.C. ???!?? Yeah a real hotbed of terrorists. I guess all the fuss about "NO ZONING! What don't you understand about the word NO!" must have labeled the whole town as gun toting Constitution kissing Homegrown Terrorists.

(And yes I am not that far from you.)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
White House Operator: Hello White House Telephone Operator how may I direct your call?

Iranian Protester: Yes, yes, I would like to speak to President Barrack Obama!

White House Operator: Who may I tell the President is calling?

Iranian Protester: My name is Ali, Ali Hussan Emir Hussein Al Ber De, I want to protest in Iran but our President won't let us, so I am calling your President to let him know, can you put me through?

White House Operator: One moment please, while I check

Iranian Protester: Thank you!

White House Operator: Hello Mr. President, there is a man who says he is calling from Iran and sounds terribly upset and distressed says something about wanting to protest but the Iranian President won't let him???

President Obama: Those bastards! They are doing it again, yes, yes, I will take the call.

Iranian Protester: President Obama, thank you sir for taking my call, I want to protest three days from now but the Government won't let me.

President Obama: How do you know that, if you haven't gone out to protest and no one else is?

Iranian Protestor: The tullips in spring, often sing, that Chinese Pandas are named Ling Ling 'wink wink' Mr. President!

President Obama: Oh alright got you, you haven't actually gone out to protest and are being stopped you just want to make it look that way???

Iranian Protestor: The American people were wise when they elected you sir!

President Obama: So how can I help how many of you are ready to protest?

Iranian Protestor: Well we need some help there too Mr. President! 'wink wink'

President Obama: Oh yeah right, hundreds of thousands??

Iranian Protestor: cough, cough

President Obama: Millions?

Iranian Protestor: cough, cough

President Obama: Tens of millions?

Iranian Protestor: So you have heard the rumors of what is going on here? Praise God, the American people were so wise to have elected you!

President Obama: So tens of millions of Iranians want to protest on Monday, is Monday too soon?

Iranian Protestor: Well if you say tens of millions want to protest and it's just me and Abdull and Hassan then we can say the rest were scared to by the government that won't let them protest!

President Obama: Got ya, I see where you are headed, you know I don't think Hillary is going to be around in the next Administration would you like the job Mr. Pavlavi?

Iranian Protestor: No my name is not Pavlavi and am not the deposed Persian Prince living in exile here on 32 ave in Chicago, I am just a poor humble Iranian protestor risking all to get word to the President of the United States regarding our plight!

President Obama: Oh sorry Reiza I forgot these things are recorded!

Iranian Protestor: 'crack'

President Obama: What was that noise?

Iranian Protestor: Oh nothing President Obama just the palm of my hand coliding with my face, what, what Consuella, no I don't want caviar now I am on the phone with the President, didn't I tell the Butler to tell the Kitchen Staff not to disturb me?

President Obama: What was that Prince Pavlavi?

Iranian Protestor: Oh nothing I said we and the Iranian people yearn to be free!

President Obama: Well I am going to get right on that, 10's of millions of Iranians on 32 ave in Chicago want to protest and can't?

Iranian Protestor: No they are in Iran Mr. President.

President Obama: Right huh huh, ok how do you spell that? I want to get it right for the press release?

Iranian Protestor: I-R-A-N the nation into the ground previously or well at least my father did. But please Mr. President help give me a chance to do the same.

And so we hear the tale of the brave Iranian protestors complaining they are being stopped from protesting before they have even tried.

America will not stand for that!

edit on 13/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join