It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reiterates demand that Iran allow protests

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Let's all just hope that Iran will be kind enough to return the favor when the time comes.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

...Sure, they could maybe stop it for a while, but when the whole of the country is revolting, I think you will find that there is just not too much a government can do. Also, when the Military of said government takes the side of the people, that is game,set and match.....

And there in lies the key.

It is not the protest that works it is an informed group who stands solidly against the government as one people.

We do not have that yet. The elite in control of the US government and the media keep us fighting each other. You can see it here on ATS. How many times has someone criticized Obama and those still wearing their rose colored glasses immediately jump to his defense.

It just happened to me a couple days ago. I mentioned the 1099 tax code change in Obamacare and how it will burden to small business. In the next post I got jumped for not supporting free healthcare. - APPLES and ORANGES anyone???

Unfortunately here in the USA the elite have had a plan and have been slowly implementing it for over a hundred years. With the plan, the money, the government control and no scrupples they have brainwash US citizens starting in pre-school so it is going to be darn hard to stop them. This is especially true since they have long ago, through use of their money, gained control of practically every citizens advocacy group here in the USA.

For example the food safety law is about controlling or bankrupting US farmers not about food safety. Despite the heroic attempts by farmers to get the truth out we found the groups who SHOULD have been 100% behind us were our loudest ENEMIES. Consumers Union, Organic Consumers Assoc, Food & Water Watch and more called us hysterical Disinfo-agents at best and completely derailed any attempt to spread the truth.

The monster is like a fungus who has spread its microscopic filaments through out the world.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

edit on 13-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Speaking of the Iranian elections....

Iran Promises Fair Parliamentary Elections but Reformist Candidates Are Barred

According to observers in Iran, the Guardian Council routinely disqualifies candidates whose political platform differs from the ideology of the ruling clerics. In the past elections, the Guardian Council has shown a bias in favor of hard-line conservatives with strong connections to the Iranian revolutionary guard.

In the aftermath of the 2009 disputed presidential elections, the creditability of the Guardian Council was called into question amid allegations of election fraud.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
President Obama: How do you know that, if you haven't gone out to protest and no one else is?

Iranian Protestor: The tullips in spring, often sing, that Chinese Pandas are named Ling Ling 'wink wink' Mr. President!

President Obama: Oh alright got you, you haven't actually gone out to protest and are being stopped you just want to make it look that way???

Iranian Protestor: The American people were wise when they elected you sir!

Well this protester isn't very well informed! I have a sneaking suspicion that this conversation didn't take place at all!

They sent a letter to the Interior Minister but have been refused permission to protest, on the grounds that it is a “political act” - duh - although their constitution allows for peaceful protest (pro-government only, it appears). Certain words are being blocked from search engines, including "Bahman" which is the name of the group on Facebook supporting the planned protests which now has 52,000 members, and satellite signals are being jammed.

A Revolutionary Guards commander has said that any protesters will be considered “counter-revolutionaries and spies, and we will strongly confront them”. The head of the Basij, those jolly chaps who were beating the snot out of protesters with clubs and shooting them last time around, has said that this is all a sinister plot and that the West is “very retarded” - his actual words, really. He also said that Western Intelligence agencies are looking for a disabled person willing to set themselves on fire.

Karroubi, one of the Green Movement leaders and head of the National Trust Party, has been placed under house arrest, is only permitted to see his wife, and will supposedly be released after the planned protest is over. Others who are known to have been arrested are Mohammad Hossein Sharifzadegan who is Mousavi's brother in law and an ex-Welfare Minister, Saleh Noghrehkar who is the head of Mousavi's legal team, Mostafa Mir-Ahamadizadeh a law professor and one of Karroubi's legal advisors, Taghi Rahmani who is another of Karroubi's advisors and at least 11 others, though more are likely to have been arrested.

Probably some other stuff that I haven't caught wind of, but you get the picture. The Iranian Government is taking every measure possible in order to prevent these protests from taking place, or at least being successful or in any way significant.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Once again, what protests? I want to organize a Led Zeppelin reunion tour yet Jimmi Page refuses.

What should we do about that?

People either take to the streets or they don't, and yes I appreciate that some of what you are saying might be involved, all of it or none of it, since there weren't really any names or sources mentioned in these assertions.

One thing is clear when you study the demographics of Iran and that is that they didn't really have the popular support they needed to sustain election inspired protests, and the people weren't truly committed to overthrowing the government.

Iran in the last hundred years has had 4 revolutions so yes, these are people who once they are of a like mind will go out there and stand up to the violence of a regime as long as it takes to overthrow it.

It took our own forefathers four years of trading musket shots before they finally won the right to have a modicum of independence and self management.

During that time 10% fought against the British and 10% fought for the British with 80% more or less prepared to do nothing towards a certain outcome or object to either outcome.

As always it's just a numbers game, and if you understand the actual demographics of the diverse Iranian population they really don't yet have that committed 10% on the side of people who want to effect change.

Yes there are a few factions who would like to gain power at this point, and have people who will demonstrate, and agitate, and yes their are foreign governments who want to aide in that process that see a corporate and military benefit towards regime change.

Mr. A has not been in office for 30 years though, the economy there like everywhere else in the world is bad, but the all important shop keepers that are always needed in a successful Iranian revolution are not singing the blues and aren't challenging the regime.

A couple minority parties are, so look at it this way, if the Republicans took to the streets and only the Republicans because they just can't stand a Democrat being President.

That's a lot different than EVERYONE taking to the street, and wanting an entirely new and different Government.

That's not really happening in Iran and it didn't even happen in Egypt, they seem for the time being just to be content to get rid of someone who was in power for 31 years.

Of course one of the base fictions most people in democracies live under is that false belief that their leaders are actually the ones most responsible for the decisions the corporations and the bankers make, and that if things go south it's just one person's fault, the leader.

Which brings us back to Iran where that critical 10% is not against the Theocracy entirely but wants more power to influence the Theocracy.

Most of this is all distorted to us through dubious sources, many of them funded by Reiza Pavlavi the deposed Shah's son, who is a very wealthy man, along with the CIA, MOSSAD and MI6.

Do I want to live in Iran, do I want Mr. A as my leader, no, but obviously millions of people who do live in Iran do, so who am I to ALLOW myself to be MANIPULATED by various dishonest factions (all of them) into taking a side, where just about any side favors the Corporations who are exporting our jobs, manipulating our economy and the Banks that assist them and wrack up our phony debt.

It is by an large a distraction for the people to engage them in a process of wanting to change other nation's governments that ultimately benefit the Corporations and Banks as opposed to changing our own, which would benefit us and likely not the Corporations and Banks that long ago corrupted and took over ours.

It's pretty simple, until war mongering psuedo intellectuals, religious xenophobes, and employees of the Military/Security Industrial complex get thrown into the mix.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

Once again, what protests?

The Green Movement rallies that are scheduled for tomorrow. What sources would you believe, if any?

Here's the Facebook page:

www.facebook.com... - 25 Bahman (or 14th February). 53,000 profile "likes" and at least 12,400,000 profile views, not bad for one week!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Oooh facebook, that's a great source because no one lies on the Internet. In fact my twitter account is still set to Theran time even though I live in Miami, from the last protests when there was an Internet call to confuse Iranian authorities by setting your twitter accout to Theran time so they would have more accounts to sift through.

That's how easy it is to lie on the Internet.

Truth is neither you or I know what's going on, on the ground there, and it is all just a manipulation to take sides in another round of divisive bread and circuses as a distraction.

But lets look at the number one opposition candidate who would have presumably won if Mr. A didn't, the former founder of Hizbollah and a former Iranian President.

Wow, that's change you can believe in.

I don't actually want Iranians meddlng in how I live my life, so the best defense against that is not to meddle in theirs.

It's real simple, America has turned into a nation of media distracted and overloaded busy bodies who want to clean up everyone else's backyard before theres.

Do you know what is really going on in Iran? No, you haven't a clue, and thinking that's on Facebook is about as intelligent as thinking knowing what's going on in Washington behind the scenes is on Facebook.

The media has become so dependent on anonymous sources to peddle it's garbage, it really is nothing but garbage.

Want some taco sauce for it?

edit on 13/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yawn some here think that Iran is a nation of one ethnic type and/or religion. Do you think that Iran's Kurds are supportive of the Supreme Leader? But then again what do I know, I live in a country where the minority is given priority over the majority on grounds of "because its right"
I forgot that the majority actually gets its way in someplaces.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You seriously think that I was using Facebook as a source? Are you taking the piss? I was illustrating that there are planned rallies and that there is considerable public interest in them; as a response to you asking me "what protests?"

Again, what sources would you believe? Have you attempted to research this yourself at all, or would you prefer to sit with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears because "the media is garbage"? Do you not believe anything that doesn't originate from within your own head?
edit on 13/2/11 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Yawn some here think that Iran is a nation of one ethnic type and/or religion. Do you think that Iran's Kurds are supportive of the Supreme Leader? But then again what do I know, I live in a country where the minority is given priority over the majority on grounds of "because its right"
I forgot that the majority actually gets its way in someplaces.

When you get right down to it, what a lot of posters (too many for comfort in my opinion) are advocating is for an overseas minority (American, British, Israeli) to have some kind of say in how people in Iran choose to live.

If the KGB was funding political parties and demonstrations here in the United States the people involved would go to jail for treason.

Yet too many Americans think it's perfectly alright for the CIA and other Clandestine Networks and Corporations to try to rig and influence the outcome in other nations so a minority there, that's acceptable to a ruling or moneyed minority here, get in power.

I said earlier I don't want the Iranians meddling in my life, so we shouldn't be meddling in ours, but the bigger truth is I don't want my own government meddling in my life, so I sure don't advocate giving it the power to meddle in other sovereign nation's affairs, and further encouraging it in that process to meddle in our own.

Our over extended empire is broke, unemployment is rampant, war without end has become our way of life, where about our only real surviving industry is defense/aerospace, and the only pitiful consolation some Americans seem to have, is imagining they have a say in directing that Military/Security Complex against other nations, where they usually support a process of cleaning up everyone else's back yard by dropping bombs on it, and watching the gun camera footage on CNN while reminding themselves that Christians are a religion of peace.

They tell me I am the crazy one, but I am just not seeing it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

You seriously think that I was using Facebook as a source? Are you taking the piss? I was illustrating that there are planned rallies and that there is considerable public interest in them; as a response to you asking me "what protests?"

Again, what sources would you believe? Have you attempted to research this yourself at all, or would you prefer to sit with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears because "the media is garbage"? Do you not believe anything that doesn't originate from within your own head?
edit on 13/2/11 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

I don't frankly care about how Iranians want to live, I don't live there, I do care that we are spending money to try to influence it, and people are being fed it as a divisive form of entertainment.

Do you actually know how easy it is to pay a company to increase your web hits and page views to move up your internet ranking in the ratings.

Do you actually know that basing things on Facebook views, when those views could be made by a boiler room full of Israelis, in Langley in Whitehall etc, is just retarded?

It's a propaganda war, where no, you aren't ever going to get the real truth and whole truth, but ask yourself, why oh why does your government want you taking a side in it, and why oh why is our government taking a side in it, when it's bankrupt, over extended, can't correct our economy, create jobs, and is becoming more and more secretive in it's own workings, that have created 600,000 laws and the highest per capita prison population on the planet.

Do you think just maybe, just maybe they are trying to distract you from all that, by drawing you into the international intrigues they have taxed you to death to get involved in, and placed us trillions of dollars in debt to carry out?

Where is your bonus check coming from all this? What are you really getting out of it?

I would wager nothing.

It's like giving a drug addict and a drunk your ATM Card and PIN.

Try looking where they don't want you too, not where they do.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, you asked. Here's my opinion:

Tunis was supported because it looked like what was happening was largely pro-western, and the hope was that the "movement" would be a nail in the coffin for the Maghreb Insurgency - especially if the flames could be spread westward into Algeria. That insurgency has been going on for nearly a decade - and that's only under its current name: the fighting has been going on in the region since before the French got kicked out of Algeria.

Cairo wasn't supported at all by the USA until the writing was on the wall - and the support it is getting now is extremely cautious. Mubarak was a great ally of the USA - because he brought the stability that the USA wanted to see in the region. Freedom and Democracy were never on the menu for Egypt because of the possibility that what the people might want would conflict with what the USA wanted. Now that it's occurred, expect a lot of political maneuvering to get things to stay as much as possible in a western-friendly position.

And I guess that brings me to Tehran. America has a real axe to grind here - there aren't many other countries that have been the focus of such continued destabilization efforts. Maybe Cuba, but that's about it. In a lot of ways, though - Iran is the origin of the species as far as US foreign policy in the middle east is concerned. The last time they had truly fair and open elections, it was an American assassin that ended things. And Iranian politics since then has been dominated by the USA trying to assert their interests, first in the form of the Shah, and second in the form of refusal to accept the legitimacy of the Islamic Revolution by every means at their disposal, from Proxy War to trade barriers and political isolation. The goal of US policy towards Iran since the revolution has been to remove the revolution. To that end, in the last few years we have seen: HR 6198 (Iran Freedom and Support Act, backing of Jundallah and the PJAK - in addition to what's played out in the press.

So. Hypocrisy. You asked me to comment on that. I don't think the USA is being hypocritical in its stance, because their position remains fairly unchanged. They haven't done anything out of the ordinary. I certainly don't feel like a hypocrite for supporting the removal of Mubarak while at the same time calling out the USA for their efforts for destabilizing the Iranian government - because these two things are beyond apples and oranges.

I don't see any hypocrisy here - only America doing what it does, supporting governments and political movements that will be favourable to their interests. In terms of the USA, it's only hypocrisy if you're gullible enough to believe that "Supporting Democracy" means "Supporting Whoever People Elect, Regardless of What it Means To Us" - and that's clearly never been the case.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Truth is neither you or I know what's going on, on the ground there, and it is all just a manipulation to take sides in another round of divisive bread and circuses as a distraction.

You know it's funny you say that because wasn't it you a bit earlier who wrote a whole mocked phone call to illustrate what you think about the protests??? BTW, it's Pahlavi not "Pavlavi".

Listen I don't want to bust your chops because I generally enjoy reading what you have to say and I also completely agree that the US should change its foreign policy. In case of Iran and the uprising there however, you need to follow your own advise and stop simplifying things that you don't know enough of. Again I don't mean any disrespect.

As Slayer pointed out earlier, the popular belief of members on ATS is that since the CIA is funding the movement in Iran, then there must be no real uprising. This is a perfect example of knowing a fraction of the truth and running with it. I'm not denying the fact that the US has spent millions to try to remove the regime. However, that does not mean that all those who are protesting are tricked into doing so. Even worse is the preposterous claim that some of the protest pics were fabricated.

Bottom line is that the Iranian situation is too complex to wrap our heads around and simplification of such situation only makes us sound ignorant. Most American's have never been to Iran and yet they sit by their computers and attempt to figure out the motives of the protesters and even percentages of people involved. ( I know you edited it out but did you actually claim less than 10% are involved in the protests???). Some even openly support the murderous regime including Ahmadinejad.

Most American's who are unhappy with the policies of their own country sit on their hands and complain that their freedoms is being taken from them and essentially do nothing about it. I find it ironic that those same people seem to also be the ones who are down playing the courage of the Iranian protesters who have risked their lives to fight for the most basic freedoms that American's take for granted such as freedom of speech.

It's a propaganda war, where no, you aren't ever going to get the real truth and whole truth

Exactly, so why are you trying??? Do you know that the propaganda of the Iranian regime is to blame all protests on the west? I think they really enjoyed reading your mocked phone call as it fits right into their plan. Good job

but the bigger truth is I don't want my own government meddling in my life

If you feel that as an American, just imagine how the Iranian's feel about being forced to follow laws that are as ridiculous as these.
edit on 13-2-2011 by endlessknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

A room full of crafty, evil Western/Israeli Intelligence types certainly could have fabricated those numbers. It’s unlikely but possible. Even if that were the case, it doesn’t prove that there aren’t any rallies planned. I believe that would suggest the opposite, so either way there are rallies planned and the Iranian Government will naturally be trying to do "something" about them.

Different countries will try to affect the goings-on in other countries, whether they are friendly or not and whether or not the degree to which they are doing this is extremely small or whether or not they are doing something that is particularly effective. It isn't "nice" or "fair" but not a great deal ever has been.

I don't remember supporting this, I know that there is an ongoing "propaganda war", in fact that is exactly what I said in my first post. I don't believe that it is constructive to go around in circles debating and speculating on what various organisations whose activities are specifically intended never to be found out, are doing. I would perhaps enjoy discussing it if there was some absolutely incontrovertible evidence floating around! Around these parts, that isn't very often and such discussions can invariably be summarised thusly; "So-and-So#1 is nasty and isn't playing fair!" "So what? So-andSo#2 is just as nasty and unfair!" That isn't particularly constructive either.

What is constructive is attempting to conclusively determine what is actually happening, i.e. not what people believe is happening or why what they believe is happening is happening. This is usually done through research and using the old grey matter. I thought that the purpose of ATS was to share information and so I’m putting it out there, as an attempt at "denying ignorance" and all that. If you’re not going to refute any of that information and instead draw me into some long-winded exchange about nothing in particular, then I can't be arsed I'm afraid!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Here is what you and many others might not get.

Why does the President of the United States rely on the CIA to find out what's going on instead of the Network News Media and Facebook?

Why is what the CIA reports largely classified, kept top secret, and is only made available to a very limited number of government officials?

Answer: Beacuse only a few people know what's really going on.

So let's take this a step further, if the CIA is paid by the American Tax Payer to find out what is really going on, but, it's only made privleged to a very small number of government representatives, then what the heck is the media reporting to us?

For the most part incomplete and distorted information highly editorialized to get us to chase our tails in a circle that goes round and round.

Maybe you really care about Iranians but guess what, what about carring about Americans too.

Now it would seem to me if we had 100% employment, a high standard of living for every American and our jails weren't the fullest in the world of people who are there for victimless and non-violent crimes, and there was no poverty, hunger, or uneducated people here, that yes, we would have a great system to export.

But the truth is nothing like that, so why are we worried how the Iranians are governing themselves when we can't even govern ourselves well?

Why are we more concerned about the protestors in Iran than the protestors at the Pittsburgh G-20?

Why are we more concerned about the unhappiness of some people in Iran with the Government than we are more concerned about the unhappiness with many here with the government?

In part because that incomplete and falsified story is fed to us with editorial designed to make us imagine there is some virtue in that, and something productive that comes out of that for the American people.

Yet the last government that America helped set up in Iran was the Shah's and his secret police the SAVAK led a brutal campaign against any and all dissidents while a elite jet set enjoyed unlimited privelege and freedom and spent more time in Paris, Beverly Hills, New York and Washington D.C. than they did in their own country, while the vast majority of Iranians lived below the povertly line.

All of which was acceptable to Americans because the truth is the only thing we cared about Iran was the oil to act as a safeguard against Arab Oil Embargos which in fact did happen because of our Carte Blanche support of Israel.

So in a world dominated by oil, where African, South American, and Eastern European and Asian regimes that don't have oil can surpress their people anyway they want, where our government doesn't care because they have no oil or natural resources, or if they do they are already going to American/Anglo corporations why do we care so much about Iran.

Better question why is the Government trying to make us care so much about Iran?

Oil and Isreal, and neither of which are anything that America needs as we lease our own oil to a foreign Corporation like BP who spills it all over our beaches in cost cutting greed and incompetence, and Israel does nothing but drain our treasury of money, and clutter up the halls of Congress in that ongoing desire to, along with every other corporate interest that 600 carefully prescreened representatives who are supposed to be representing 400 million Americans cater and cowtow too, instead of the 400 million Americans.

Once again at some point you would think people would develop some common sense and you can see that many have from some of these posts.

The only thing you can do to change Iran is be taxed to paying for the CIA to interlope and agitate, or the Military to drop bombs on it.

What you could do here as far as getting our own government to address unemployment, our immigration problem, unjust laws that put too many people in jail for non-violent and victimless crimes, and allowing our political process to be dominated by foreign interests and corporate interests is something that would have direct benefit to all Americans.

If you think you are doing Iranians any favor, you might want to check with them all first.

Thanks.
edit on 13/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Soshh

Here is what you and many others might not get.

Why does the President of the United States rely on the CIA to find out what's going on instead of the Network News Media and Facebook?

Why is what the CIA reports largely classified, kept top secret, and is only made available to a very limited number of government officials?

Answer: Beacuse only a few people know what's really going on.

An infinitely better answer: Party A (let's say, Spain) has information that they don't want Party B/C/D/E... (anyone else or certain parties in particular) to know, for varying reasons depending on what that information consists of. Party B/C/D/E... are doing all that they possibly can (their desperation and relative effort depending on how relevant it is for them to know) to come into possession of that information, whether Party A knows it or not or whether Party A knows how they are trying to do that or not.

When a greater number of people are given access to that information, it will be increasingly accessible to outsiders using many various means and therefore there is a greater chance of that information being compromised.

Because Party A definitely does not want that information to be compromised and they may not know who is trying to get hold of it and why/how, they must assume that security threats are absolutely everywhere that they possibly could be. They must strike a balance between the practicality of a large number of their own people knowing said information, and the security of that information. The number of people who have access to it will be kept as small as is sensible, depending on how that balance measures up, and this number decreases depending on how significant the information is.

I would have thought that this was reasonably well known, so I don't know why you would think that myself or others would not "get" it. I'm also not sure why this is relevant, you seem to have brought it up completely at random.

If you think you are doing Iranians any favor, you might want to check with them all first.

I may be doing some Iranians a favour, but that certainly was not my specific intention or even high on my priorities and I didn't suggest that it was either, so I don’t know why you would think that I would think that.

Because you have strangely chosen to completely ignore what I said in my previous post, I have now reached maximum "can't be arsed"-ness and I hope that you don't think it rude of me if I don't reply to any similar posts of yours in future!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. According to the White House and the fake American controlled media, I am supposed to give a flying fudge and be distracted by some people allegedly mounting protests half way around the world, while my own house is burning to the ground? A bit of a an exaggeration, but I am sure even the most mentally challenged can understand it. Don't make the agenda too obvious now.

And, aaahhh yes, the old National Security Card. Always works wonders when you want to secretly screw over your own people and prevent them from finding out about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

LOL.. this clown who calls himself an official should "demand" the regime in Los Angeles allow Egyptian style protests..

Trutanich said in an interview that recent demonstrations, conducted without permits, had cost the city thousands of dollars for police response and disrupted traffic. Organizers of illegal protests should face consequences, he said.

www.latimes.com...

Los Angeles City Atty. Carmen Trutanich is seeking 1 year in county jail for Americans who dared rally without govt approval.

..so lets revise the statement of this so called official:

"By announcing that they will not allow opposition protests, the Los Angeles regime has declared illegal for Americans what it claimed was noble for Egyptians," National Security Advisor Tom Donilon said in a statement.

"We call on the government of Los Angeles to allow the American people the universal right to peacefully assemble, demonstrate and communicate that's being exercised in Cairo," he added.

The soulless lackeys in govt just don't care anymore about sounding like stupid bold face hypocrites..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Heh- heh yep! I posted a thread a few days ago on that very subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Guy wants to throw dissedents and protestors in jail for a YEAR.

Another prime example of the "freedoms" our gov is espousing to OTHER nations, while they themselves are defacating all over folks trying to speak out against them HERE. Total joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join