It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reiterates demand that Iran allow protests

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

White House reiterates demand that Iran allow protests

www.rawstory.com

A senior White House official on Saturday criticized Iran's refusal to let opponents of the regime hold a rally in support of Arab uprisings.

"By announcing that they will not allow opposition protests, the Iranian government has declared illegal for Iranians what it claimed was noble for Egyptians," National Security Advisor Tom Donilon said in a statement.

"We call on the government of Iran to allow the Iranian people the universal right to peacefully assemble, demonstrate and communicate that's being exercised in Cairo," he added.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Boy, talk about HYPOCRACY...

Perhaps this guy has already forgotten about the G20 summit in Pittsburg where folks were being roughed up and rounded up like animals, or the "Free speech zones" during the last build-up around election time, where protestors had to be quarantined and caged off BLOCKS AWAY from designated sites where they were protesting certain candidates, so in essence their voices were basically SILENCED, because nobody near the actual candidates or crowd could hear them?

Ah, how soon we seem to forget...

"Do as we say, not as we do."

Seems to me someone also has a HUGE agenda going on in the M.E. right now, and it's almost becoming PATHETICALLY obvious what they are up to anymore...

Sigh.

www.rawstory.com
edit on 12-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It would be interesting to test the US government this way. Have 3 million people show up in DC and ask for the President to step down. Obviously, not going to happen, but would be totally unexpected and interesting to see what BS would come out in context of the Egyptian protests.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

It's about time the WH concentrated more on the US an less on meddling in other countries affairs..

It's not like the US is all Peaches n Cream ATM..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyoshablue
It would be interesting to test the US government this way. Have 3 million people show up in DC and ask for the President to step down. Obviously, not going to happen, but would be totally unexpected and interesting to see what BS would come out in context of the Egyptian protests.

And MSM would report that a dozen or so home grown terrorists were attacking the WH..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yea America has been getting more and more annoying with this crap. I am sick and tired of reading about how we demand, we believe, we think, and we insists that are being issued by our government as of late. If someone else told us what to do we would get all pissy and probably threaten to turn there country to a glass parking lot.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom28804
Yea America has been getting more and more annoying with this crap. I am sick and tired of reading about how we demand, we believe, we think, and we insists that are being issued by our government as of late. If someone else told us what to do we would get all pissy and probably threaten to turn there country to a glass parking lot.

I liked this song when I was young..
Maybe because he leaves Australia alone..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Thats awesome I love it. Never heard that before but it is definitely a good one. thanks for sharing. In the meantime maybe we can elect a decent president in 2012

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yaaaawwn.. Once again the u.s poking its nose in other peoples business.. Theyd be screaming like banshees if other countries told u.s citizens to go out and protest their corrupt , bloodthirsty government the way the egyptians protested and got mubarak out... Guess easier and more profitable to meddle abroad than sort problems at home for the u.s - no bloodmoney to be made fixing domestic problems...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The amazing thing about the Iranian elections is the opposition parties were claiming fraud in the polls hours before the polls even closed and after weeks of telephone polls showing Mr. A would likely win a majority percent of the vote.

Now once again it would seem that we are basically trying to rock the boat through what is probably a deliberately false perception that people (real people not funded by the CIA and MOSSAD who want political power with out a majority) really want to protest and are being stopped.

Notice something really different between all the Iranian protests during their elections and the Egyptian Protests?

The Egyptian Police actually had Police written in Arabic and not English on their sheilds.

Those clowns at the MOSSAD couldn't even spring for the right props for half those videos of Iranian protests.

Our government lies, it lies so much, it lies so often, that we should be all out protesting.

Bread and circuses, bread and circuses.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
America needs to mind it's own # business and people wonder why other countries hate us..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
While I agree with Iran becoming a democracy, not a theocracy or fascist regime, none the less, they obviously USED Egypt to oust someone who was not "in the good books of the corporate stock holders" but now their CIA trained torturer is in. That didn't look like Egypt got freedom, it looked like the people's wish for freedom was manipulated once again full force.

I guess they want to do this with Iran as well. With this I'm actually of a mixed mind. Their internationalization or NWO plans can be taken into the positive by the people, but having fascist regimes and theocracies fall would be a good thing. However, that also includes bankers/corporate shadow figures, and the para military complex's of the world.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
S & F

As always DD.

I think we should mind our own business and stay the hell out of it just like we stayed out of it over in Egypt. Having said that, Now let's discuss the hypocrisy here at ATS...

ATS is sometimes as slanted IMO as many of the sites and sources many here criticize. I was wondering where everybody that supported Iran Crushing their citizens revolt had gone...

All during Egypt's revolution I kept asking myself more and more where were are ALL the ATS members/posters who were over the top and up in arms defending the right of the Iranian Government to violently crack down and crush the "Obviously CIA/MI5/Mossod plot"
to overthrow the Tyrannical Iranian Government when they were in the streets killing their own citizens.

They are posting in this thread.
I'm actually having a grand old time LMAO over the responses in this thread so far...

Yes Egypt was supported by the US just like Israel, Jordon and a few others in the region and for good reason. I wonder what the body count would have been had Israel, Egypt, Jordon and or possibly many others in the region would have had it out in an all out war? Seems to me that many here fail to realize that a few Billion here and a few Billion there was small potatoes when compared to what a full scale war in the region would have cost in Human life on all sides not to mention the reduced or stoppage of commerce through the canal...

As far as what the Egyptian people have now. I'll re-post how I feel here.
In cases such as these I always hear a little voice in the back of my head whisper...
Be careful what you wish for

I Hope and Pray for them the best of luck but....

Now see who is in power? The same jokers as before they look like a bunch of warm and fuzzy kind of guys to me...

Now as far as the Iranian election blow out goes. Many here will myopically believe it was only a hand full of feeble minded people/sheople who were brainwashed into revolt. Say nothing about the decades of repression worse than anything Cairo has done. But let's just blame it on a bogeyman. [Because it's whats popular to run with]. Or they will drag up decades old operation Ajax [ Beating a dead horse] as proof that Bush or err umm.. Obama, I mean the CIA, No, I mean MI5, MOSSAD [Insert favorite tin-foil hat Alphabet agency here] no, wait, my cousin Vinny and his PTA Mob hit-men are trying to overthrow the Iranian Government.

Meanwhile it couldn't ever possibly be those very same Persian/Iranians that were more than capable of overthrowing an admittedly corrupt Government back in 1979 could never do it again with equally legitimate concerns but this time against these Bozos....

Meanwhile the FACTS ARE Iranians paid for their beliefs with blood and still others with their very lives. Which is just as red as Egyptian blood So while everybody has a right to their opinions with regards to the Egyptian revolution being perceived as a good thing because it was a dictatorship let's not simply dismiss the fact that Iran is also gripped by another form of equally tyrannical rule because it doesn't fit with the present day mass POP-Culture Voodoo Tin-Foil hat brigade-sheeples conspiracies...

Oh, and one more thing....
As far as those who are foolishly simple minded enough to believe and regurgitate the obvious BS attempt to portray the real pictures of the Iranian Police crushing the Riots as being fake or staged propaganda because they had the word Police written on their uniforms in English as a MOSSAD plot/fake props etc....

Fake CIA-MOSSAD-MI6 Police props in Kenya

Fake CIA-MOSSAD-MI6 Police props in China

Fake CIA-MOSSAD-MI6 Police props in Greece

Fake CIA-MOSSAD-MI6 Police props in Thailand

Nah, more than likely they got those Police uniforms and paraphernalia at rock bottom wholesale prices.

Made in China

I wish the Egyptians the best of luck with all my heart and hopefully some day soon the Persians will be able to join their Muslim brothers in real Freedom..

As-Salamu Alaykum

edit on 13-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Jesus ok............

Does the hypocrisy ever end here on ATS?

So first we invovle ourselves TOO much with Iran, and we need to stay out of their business, and everything that goes on with them is just some covert operation.

But when it comes to Egypt we didnt do enough?

Someone wana explain to me why some of the people riding both sides of THAT fence cant see their own glaring hypocrisy?

People are losing all common sense

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You're absolutely right..

The CIA, Mossad and M15 or any Government alphabet agency would NEVER ever think to meddle in a foreign countries politics..

How silly do we all look? 'Facepalms meself"

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Jesus ok............

Does the hypocrisy ever end here on ATS?
So first we invovle ourselves TOO much with Iran, and we need to stay out of their business, and everything that goes on with them is just some covert operation.
But when it comes to Egypt we didnt do enough?
Someone wana explain to me why some of the people riding both sides of THAT fence cant see their own glaring hypocrisy?
People are losing all common sense

I guess the word you use "covert" says it all..
The US and any other country should be open in their actions within foreign lands..
Let the people know what,if any actions that are taking...

Ya know, like Obama pledged, transparency...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Its not hypocrisy at all...

Protesting within a certain distance at polling stations Is ILLEGAL. It can be construed as intimidating voters, and even cause some to become frightened and leave instead of voting. They can protest from a distance, just not at the front doors.

I love how we always seem to come back around to blaming the US for something, while ignoring whats going on elsewhere.

Funny enough you can come into this site, post the article and criticise the government.

Why not head to Iran and try it.. See what happens.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Nice response...

I would also point out that as far as Egypt goes and the accusations of being a US puppet, people are ignoring a key part of mubariks rise to power.

The Muslim Brotherhood Assasinated President Sadat and wounding Vice President Mubarik.

Why? Because Sadat signed the Camp David Accords, establishing peace between Israel and Egypt.

If you have an issue with the way mubarik came into power, then people need to vent their anger at the Muslim Brotherhood.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Boy, talk about HYPOCRACY...

Perhaps this guy has already forgotten about the G20 summit in Pittsburg where folks were being roughed up and rounded up like animals, or the "Free speech zones" during the last build-up around election time, where protestors had to be quarantined and caged off BLOCKS AWAY from designated sites where they were protesting certain candidates, so in essence their voices were basically SILENCED, because nobody near the actual candidates or crowd could hear them?

Ah, how soon we seem to forget...

"Do as we say, not as we do."

Seems to me someone also has a HUGE agenda going on in the M.E. right now, and it's almost becoming PATHETICALLY obvious what they are up to anymore...

Sigh.

www.rawstory.com
edit on 12-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

white house should be called BLOOD HOUSE , murderers!
we forget because of the VERY HIGH DOSES OF ALUMINUM , BARIUM AND STRONTIUM THAT WE INHALE EVERY TIME WE BREATH ; CHEMTRAILS (AEROSOLS) ARE VERY "EFFECTIVE"...
I REALLY don't see what bussines has white house with another country and their affaires!
I don't see iranians telling US senate what to do !
this is WORLD DOMINATION AND INVADING !
Damm it!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Personally, I believe that all people should be allowed peaceful (and, on occasion, not so peaceful) demonstration. In a democracy, the government should be afraid of the people, not the other way around.

However, the OP is correct, we are no more free to demonstrate than were the people of Iran, if we are to take any G20, G12, G8 summit as examples. (among others) Nor are we free to chose our leaders, yes, we can put a check on a ballot for a local representative, but, as in Iran and Egypt, the potential Heads of State are chosen for us before hand.

The tipping point to any uprising/revolt is the military and police. They have the power, and if the power structure is maintained, the head of the military (or the secret service as in Egypt) will become the next leader, and no real change will occur. If, on the other hand, the military and police realize that they are, first and foremost, citizens, well, perhaps tangible change is possible... We'll just have to wait and see.

As for Iran, it has an interesting dichotomy, on the one hand they hold elections for a "president" so they can claim that they are democratic, but all the while the real ruler, whose his official title is "Supreme Leader" is not chosen by popular vote. ( I bet you most world leaders are jealous of that title!)
*(Yes, there is an "Assembly of Experts" that supposedly choses the "Supreme Leader" and keeps him in check, but they are basically chosen by the "Supreme Leader".)

Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei:

is Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, controls the military intelligence and security operations; and has sole power to declare war or peace.
The heads of the judiciary, state radio and television networks, the commanders of the police and military forces and six of the twelve members of the Council of Guardians are appointed by the Supreme Leader.
Source

Any squashing of popular demonstrations was the sole responsibility of the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. (I just like the sound of "Supreme Leader" it is so Star Wars!)

I don't really understand people's obsession with Ahmadinejad. He is basically the "mayor" of Iran and is only responsible for local governance. His inflammatory speeches are always carefully selected talking points directed toward his local voting base, and should not be taken as anything more.

the Billmeister
(a little long-winded this morning it would seem)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join