It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch!! Ron Paul 20/20 Banned ABC News Interview With John Stossel!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

This is a great thread. Its kept me up all night reading, wish i could read more of the links posted for, and against, RP. Im 34 years old, and i have never voted for anything. i have never voted because i've never really cared enough to do the research to make an informed, educated, decision. this has really inspired me to learn more about the voting process. i also want to learn more about the other possible POTUS, especialy since it seems alot of you are pretty sure mr. paul wont even be a choice. thanks!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I realize the Youtube video rating system isn't the most scientific polling device around, but the fact that an interview with a political candidate could get over a hundred thousand views and only 20 people would dislike it seems hopeful. I for one like Ron Paul a lot, and always have. I've been cynical at times, hopeful at others, but even while I support Ron Paul I've been actively looking for other candidates for senate that feel the same way and are just as powerfully sincere. They're rare, but I've found they're not extinct. And that number is growing. He is the most popular, but I'm looking forward to the philosophy becoming as popular as the man giving it a voice.

And I realize a lot of people don't believe in the legislative process and will think I'm naive for saying the following, but I believe in the process of democracy and I think it's all we need really. This country never got anywhere by going for easy answers, and the hard honest road of voting, challenging, and campaigning seems like the right one to me. I realize there's more corruption in this world than we think we can handle, but I think we can do it using the rules we all designed to disrupt it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
excellent vids, one can only hope Ron is elected and his theories are proven correct, the world would be a better place for the next generations .If he does not get elected to president i will vote for him to come to Australia and run for our prime minister and return our country to the beautiful, easy going, happy and lucky country we once were... Ron Paul For aussie PM

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by highspirits
I like Ron Paul but I wish that he would stop saying that 9/11 was the brainchild of Osama Bin Laden and 19 middle easterner hijackers. I find that highly suspicious. Great interview though. I never knew that this existed until now. I wish Americans had been allowed to see this at the time it was made.

“YAF’s concerns with Rep. Paul stem out of his delusional and disturbing alliance with the fringe anti-war movement,” the press release declared. Specifically, they’re upset about Paul’s “journey into the anti-war left by laying the blame on America for the unprovoked attacks of September 11th. Additionally, Rep. Paul has not condemned the 9/11 ‘Truther’ conspiracy theorists that support him, and he has repeatedly insisted that the United States not bring justice to those who have murdered thousands of our civilians and soldiers at home and abroad.”

www.humanevents.com...#

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this fabulous video.

Some of my favorite Ron Paul quotes (for those that can't watch the video)...

'When you defend freedom you defend freedom of choice and can't pick and choose...'

‘Individuals must protect themselves, otherwise it becomes a fascist state.’

‘Government should protect our freedom not run our lives...’

‘There’s no evidence the federal government has done anything to help education.’ (Sighting the statistical decline of education country wide since the fed became involved).

‘’Failure of Government on 911.’ (Cause of the catastrophe).

‘I’m idealistic in thinking these problems can be solved with a lot less government...’

‘Lack of diplomacy is the greatest threat, not the weapons...’ (Speaking on nuclear arms).

‘Get rid of the subsidies, not build a fence...’ (Edit of his opinion on immigration).

So well spoken, such a gentleman, and so incredibly well informed.

If we had few more like him the USA could own their country again.

On the flip side, wow, John Stossel condescending tone makes me want to smack him.

Absolutely fantastic interview.

peace
edit on 14-2-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

That's it!

NOW I'M *NOT* HAPPY!

And it's all *your* fault MissSmartypants!

It's not fair i tell you! How come you Americans have such a fantastic, honest, sensible, courageous, intelligent, moral, down to earth, for the people, straight up, forthright politician like the incredible Dr. Ron Paul...and we have...well, we have David Cameron and Nick Clegg....

Sheesh.

If you lot in the USA don't put that man in the White House, you're insane.

If *anyone* was going to give you back your glory, your righteous pride, your country, it's going to be Ron Paul...no one else has the backbone and the smarts to do what this man will do.

If you like your country sliding down the toilet bowl, continue as you have done in the past, voting in the plastic politicians and the USA will ultimately be flushed around the U-Bend, and consigned to the pages of historic failure.

The power to take back your freedoms and to make America great again is in your hands..don't waste the opportunity that's being offered to you, snatch it with both hands...not just for the USA, but for the world too.

And, after all is said and done, if you develop temporary insanity and don't make Ron Paul President of the United States...do us Brits a favour, and try and talk him into moving to Great Britain...we'd take him in a heartbeat.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
All these alternative candidates get one shot. He didn't get far enough, his times gone. I really agree with a lot of his points, but he tried to run as a Republican, bad idea.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a solid truth telling politician which is rare these days as we can see with the current president and every single lie that man said to get elected, but the people clapping and crying when he won I bet are still crying now but not for the same reasons lol.

Just to touch on the question asked to Ron Paul about marijuana, it should have never been illegal to begin with. As a side note, my stance on this isn't to support a use because I've only smoked twice in my life. #1 it is a plant and has vast medical purposes and has for years. The reason it is illegal is because of a whole cast of things if you really do the research. Long story short.....pharmaceuticals were becoming very profitable and these products were made to treat symptoms which was good business (not ethical), because nobody is cured and not if but when the symptoms flare up again they will use the product again. It is illegal for any MD in the US to cure anyone without a patent approval from the FDA and guess what, they aren't approving anything that isn't big pharma. Marijuana (hemp oil) has been in numerous cases been linked to be able to actually cure cancer completely. So that is one, the other is privatized prisons. We have the largest prison population nationwide in the world. It is profitable to keep people behind bars no matter the crime. Here is a link to a really good documentary called The Cancer Cure. www.youtube.com...

It should be the public who decides what medicine and foods they want to consume and not the government and once again our founding fathers warned us about that too.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boatsmac
reply to post by unityemissions

This, I have to admit, is pretty much how I am starting to feel about this. It's a sad thing to recognize that most have no clue what is going on in our country right now.

Did anyone recognize that this was taped in 2008? It could have been yesterday. That's the neat thing about Ron Paul. Honesty and maturity are honorable traits to have. They are timeless elements; they come from truth. It would be nice if he was in the White House.

I was thinking something much similar to what you posted Boat. As I am reading some of teh comments here, it certainly appears that people have no idea that the videos in the OP were made in 2008 when Ron Paul was running for President. All these people saying, "Oh I would vote for him!" where were you when Ron Paul was attempting to win the Republican Nomination? I have to admit... you clearly were not paying attention. The thread title here is VERY misleading, because this interview was not "Banned" at all. This interview ran on national TV during the primaries.

I dont want to sound like a total jackass, but if that's what I am, so be it. Now that some of you have heard Ron Paul.. tell others. Pay attention to the primaries. That is where it all begins. I personally hold no stock in the straw polls, cpac nonsense. It is all fluff. It all starts in the Primaries. The winner of the Primaries, usually gets their parties Nomination. That is time time to look into the Candidates. Don't waste time listening to what they tell you they want to do. Bush and Obama should have already shown you that what they say and what they do are two completely different things. Bush said he was against nation building... yet invaded two countries and did his part to establish permanent bases there. Obama- wanted to protect our Liberties and repeal NAFTA, GAFT, The Patriot Act... of which he did none of and even expanded on some. Stop listening to what you are told a Candidate is going to do, look at their voting record. Anyone who bothered to look into Obama's voting record knew he was full crap... because what he said, and what he voted for were two completely different things. I challenge you to look into Ron Paul's voting record. Every word he speaks, every opinion he offers, is backed up by the way he votes.

We are running out of time in the U.S. and if the voters do not get it figured out real soon, we will be paying a very hefty price for our willful ignorance, and make no mistake about it, it is willful ignorance. With the Internet today, you have a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips. If you have not researched a Candidate and know what he/she is all about before you ever make it to the polls, than it is by choice that you did so.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by MaryStillToe

So sad you seem to know so little about the man, or history.

He's had the exact same message for decades, and has never betrayed his constituents.

This guy is the real deal.

His ideals are just that, ideas. Some of them are nice, but he comes off as extremely naive. He does not provide a tangible solution or even a clue of how he can turn his ideas into reality as president. What would the transition plan look like for closing down a majority of these federal departments and agencies and how would it affect the US economy and unemployment? This is not the 1700s and America is too interwined in international politics and secrecy to pretend the government could simply shut down and revert to a simpler time. To be honet it is not just naive, it is stupid. We would be immediately attacked by at least one or more of the super powers and become worst off and less free than the Chinese or Russian people.

I would suggest you are naive and have no clue at all that once upon a time the U.S. did quite well without all these Agencies and Federal Departments...and it was well after the 1700's. The Department of Education was originally founded in 1979, so I wouldn't think it is a huge loss to this nation to go back to what we were doing before 1979 when test scores for our students were much much higher. You really think a "transition plan" is needed? Maybe it is... but not at the Federal Level of Government. It should be handled by the States. The Federal Government was never meant to have it's hand in every aspect of our lives. Much of what the Federal Government does today, was meant to be handled by the State Government. Also where do you get this idea that we would immediately be attacked? Sorry but that idea is just stupid. I don't see any country coming to the US to invade. Not only do we still have a very strong military, which would be much stronger if they were not scattered in so many other countries, but the average population has no shortage of firearms either. So even China's HUGE military would still have to question if they could successfully take on the US Military at home, plus it's armed citizens.

Isoroku Yamamoto once said, "Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the United States, it is not enough that we take Guam and the Philippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House. I wonder if our politicians, among whom armchair arguments about war are being glibly bandied about in the name of state politics, have confidence as to the final outcome and are prepared to make the necessary sacrifices."

Have you ever been to Washington D.C.? I have... the place is a cess pool. The whole city is pretty much one big ghetto for the exception of where the Politicians play. Washington D.C. is also a very dangerous city, no shortage of crime at all. I would challenge any army to march through the streets of D.C., and I would wish you luck. Every dope dealer in that city would be taking shots at that Army from the rooftops of every building, not to mention the Average Joe who is armed because of all the dope dealers and criminals in that city.

Attacked?? Please! Wake up from your slumber and try some new Koolaide to drink.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

His ideals are just that, ideas. Some of them are nice, but he comes off as extremely naive. He does not provide a tangible solution or even a clue of how he can turn his ideas into reality as president. What would the transition plan look like for closing down a majority of these federal departments and agencies and how would it affect the US economy and unemployment? This is not the 1700s and America is too interwined in international politics and secrecy to pretend the government could simply shut down and revert to a simpler time. To be honet it is not just naive, it is stupid. We would be immediately attacked by at least one or more of the super powers and become worst off and less free than the Chinese or Russian people.

You really think a "transition plan" is needed? Maybe it is... but not at the Federal Level of Government. It should be handled by the States.

Also where do you get this idea that we would immediately be attacked? Sorry but that idea is just stupid. I don't see any country coming to the US to invade. Not only do we still have a very strong military, which would be much stronger if they were not scattered in so many other countries, but the average population has no shortage of firearms either. So even China's HUGE military would still have to question if they could successfully take on the US Military at home, plus it's armed citizens.

Attacked?? Please! Wake up from your slumber and try some new Koolaide to drink.

Yes (gasp) a transition plan!! Anyone who finished high school would know that you can't just shut down parts of a business or even a government without a plan on how to transition the functions from the federal government to the states and how the masses of government workers would transition into new job functions without utter failure and economic instability.

Also a basic understanding of the Constitution and the powers it grants to the Executive branch of our country would make you immediately realize that he is a figurehead and his peronal ideals and convictions will go no further than his own head.

Not to mention you are quite naive to believe that if the US removed its troops from around the world and brought them home that we would be safer. Do you have any understanding of logistics?

Our troops abroad ARE our first defense against a home invasion. Its much easier to attack someone if they are all clustered close together.

Ron Paul presents himself as no intellectual thinker or visionary and you have to question whether this man is so simple because he is stupid or so simple because he has a hidden agenda. Perhaps he would very much like to see America defenseless abroad and all the military here at home. Those kind of activities usually precede a military coup or some type of treason where he hands the power of our government over to another country.

Do you really think that private citizens with primitive weapons (guns lol) can defend against a foreign invader or a domestic military that has advanced weapons? If you do, take a look at the Native Americans, Afghanis, Iraqis, etc. and see how well that turned out. You are so silly.

Tiger: Why hello there Mr. Porcupine, could I ask you to remove all of your quills and roll into my mouth? The quills slow you down, I reckon you would be much more efficient if you didn't have them.

edit on 14-2-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Due to a short attention span I have not concluded the Ron Paul (Ludwig von Mises ) economic theory. My interpertation is that if you don't have..............good luck in acquiring.

We tried the Ron Paul way and found ourselves a feeble nation almost unable to defend ourselves had the Nazis or Japanese invaded.

This mild mannered Robin (he is no Batman) is a veiled cloak to fascism. Though we need desperate reform his supporters seem to want a total domestic cut off of welfare with a "you should be working" attitude.

Tariffs are the only way and that will lead to war. No matter what this country will not see tranquility as we have known for the rest of the three living generations.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I also share that point of view. To not spend tax dollars on police or government agencies policing "vices"...is to releave a great tax burden also

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
We tried the Ron Paul way and found ourselves a feeble nation almost unable to defend ourselves had the Nazis or Japanese invaded.

I don't remember that history. I remember a nation immensely strong enough to conquer its modern day borders and a nation resilient enough to respond to the aggressive militaristic build up in Europe in the second World War. Governance is not about programs its about the people. The "Greatest Generation" was able to respond to the second world war because it was not raised under a totalitarian state. The constitution was left behind at the start of the last century but the attitudes of people remained for a couple of generations afterward. The decline started with the baby boom generation. You misinterpret the modern day United States strength because you do not understand the economics that it relies upon.

This mild mannered Robin (he is no Batman) is a veiled cloak to fascism. Though we need desperate reform his supporters seem to want a total domestic cut off of welfare with a "you should be working" attitude.

A fascist state is one that enslaves all of its people in totalitarianism - it controls people through government and requires them to work under penalty of death. It requires a strong central government to execute that level of control. Ron Paul wants to end the enslavement and let people live their own lives by reducing government. In other words, you have it backwards.

Tariffs are the only way and that will lead to war. No matter what this country will not see tranquility as we have known for the rest of the three living generations.

I'm not quite sure what you are shooting for regarding the tariffs. You mention tranquility of the last three living generations as if we've not been in constant war during that time and under the threat of war. All of that was caused outside of an issue on tariffs. When the government views its citizens as expendable resources to be levied against its global agenda - thats what leads to war. When the government is restricted to war solely as a means to defense then that is when tranquility will come in to place.

Due to a short attention span I have not concluded the Ron Paul (Ludwig von Mises ) economic theory.

I'm sure you never made it to this line but after reading this line I can understand why you have it so wrong.
edit on 2/14/2011 by ararisq because: Add comment.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Yes (gasp) a transition plan!! Anyone who finished high school would know that you can't just shut down parts of a business or even a government without a plan on how to transition the functions from the federal government to the states and how the masses of government workers would transition into new job functions without utter failure and economic instability.

Businesses are closed on a daily basis without transition plans. The idea that a government institution cannot be is sort of why we were against them coming in to existence in the first place but you are incorrect they can be shut down, a lot of people will be unhappy but then life will resume.

Not to mention you are quite naive to believe that if the US removed its troops from around the world and brought them home that we would be safer. Do you have any understanding of logistics?

Imagine if they had never been based abroad. It would not make the United States and less safe but it would make the United States a respected and sought after ally. We would not be the world's scape-goat and the true evil that seeks to conquer would be on display for the world to act upon. As it stands the United States is doing nothing but restraining evil and as a result is demonized itself.

Do you really think that private citizens with primitive weapons (guns lol) can defend against a foreign invader or a domestic military that has advanced weapons? If you do, take a look at the Native Americans, Afghanis, Iraqis, etc. and see how well that turned out. You are so silly.

Yes, lets look at the Afghanis, a country of 29 million of which only a small percentage are fighting back and are still able to hold off the world's sole superpower. Now imagine a country with 12x the population (350 million) and as many privately owned guns. I find your disbelief hysterical at best.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
Businesses are closed on a daily basis without transition plans. The idea that a government institution cannot be is sort of why we were against them coming in to existence in the first place but you are incorrect they can be shut down, a lot of people will be unhappy but then life will resume.

You missed the entire point. Of course you can shut down a business in a day with no transition plan, yes it's done, and it's also HIGHLY unprofitable! It ultimately costs more to shut down a business cold turkey than to gradually phase it out. This is why businesses sell a failing segment or gradually phase out operations. Do a simple Google search or take a college course in operations management.

The point is how would this cold turkey shut down effect an already recessed economy? What is the time line of Ron Paul's shut down plan, 5 years, 10 years, does he have a plan at all? If he really thought this was actually actionable, then how does he propose to do it. If he doesn't even have a timeline, it means he is just trying to get elected by dumb people who really think he has any power to do any of these things. I notice that you totally ignored the fact that the Executive branch of the government doesn't even have the power to do what he is proposing. He is a liar, stupid, or both.

We would not be the world's scape-goat and the true evil that seeks to conquer would be on display for the world to act upon. As it stands the United States is doing nothing but restraining evil and as a result is demonized itself.

Do you really think we are the world'd scape-goat or are they just jealous because they aspire to do what we have done and couldn't? If it wasn't American bases in those other countries it would be Great Britain, Germany, Japan, France, China, and Middle Eastern or African countries, etc. The Europeans did it to other Europeans, Africans did it to other Africans, Asians do it to other Asians. Are you pretending or are you serious? Not only have they all done it, but given the opportunity they would all do it again.

Do you really think that private citizens with primitive weapons (guns lol) can defend against a foreign invader or a domestic military that has advanced weapons?

Yes, lets look at the Afghanis, a country of 29 million of which only a small percentage are fighting back and are still able to hold off the world's sole superpower. Now imagine a country with 12x the population (350 million) and as many privately owned guns. I find your disbelief hysterical at best.

That is so laughable. The only reason why the US and the rest of the world hasn't utterly wiped out and dominated the entire civilian population (and the guerillas mixed within) of Afghanistan and Iraq is because we TRY our best to perform military operations by our ethics and principles. We are not perfect by far, but do you really think if we broke all of those rules we couldn't wipe out two whole countries in a day? How about a small continent?

Our enemies do NOT operate by the same principles and if you think China and Russia would care about blatantly dropping bombs on any type of civilian resistance then you are sadly mistaken. They don't care about UN sanctions and no one would give two craps about the UN once we are gone. There wouldn't even be a UN most likely.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

Well MaryStillToe, I think the most important point you're making...and it's a valid one...is that the office of the Presidency just doesn't have the power to bring about all the changes he would like to make. But I think once the congress and the senate see the overwhelming support that he will have from the American people, they will act with the people's will in mind...at least to some degree. Some is better than none and a step in the right direction is a step in the right direction.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I grew up in the projects. I have built a suitable self empire of condos and houses with borrowed money that has been paid back in full. Ron Paul wants you to have "Gold".

That was done............... it failed. Wall Street gathered it all and charged you gold that you did not have because again.............(Wall Street had it all).

Since you are so smart I hope you will agree the dollar will NEVER crash because it can be valued 0, .100, .010 etc. You will be paid $100.00 hr and milk would be $40.00 a gallon in those instances.

Anyway while you go buy gold, an Alex Jones tape, or whatever, I think I'll go buy another condo so I can charge you 2 oz a month rent if your hopes come to fruition.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
reply to post by ararisq

I grew up in the projects. I have built a suitable self empire of condos and houses with borrowed money that has been paid back in full. Ron Paul wants you to have "Gold".

That was done............... it failed. Wall Street gathered it all and charged you gold that you did not have because again.............(Wall Street had it all).

Since you are so smart I hope you will agree the dollar will NEVER crash because it can be valued 0, .100, .010 etc. You will be paid $100.00 hr and milk would be $40.00 a gallon in those instances.

Anyway while you go buy gold, an Alex Jones tape, or whatever, I think I'll go buy another condo so I can charge you 2 oz a month rent if your hopes come to fruition.

Well, I'm not quite sure what your point is in relation to the topic of this thread....but there was a time in America when we were on the gold standard, meaning you could take a dollar bill to the bank at any time and trade it in for a dollar's worth of real gold. The price of gold stayed the same so a dollar bill was always worth the same. The price of consumer goods did not fluctuate to any great degree and people could plan intelligently for their futures because they knew how much money it would take to live in their future...because it was basically going to stay the same. That was a time when the saying "Sound as a dollar" had a clear definable meaning to it that people saw reflected in their everyday lives.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
whoa! Good stuff

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join