It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Translating 'Homefront' to real world... What would you do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
How would you handle it?

(please note it is the US Marine core retaking the city...

See, even the CIA analyst know which saliors to call on

Not the army or the air force... the department of the NAVY)

watch the last video especially as it goes much more in depth... the origin of the idea...

Korea invades the us circa 2025...

Homefront wikipedia

Homefront is set in a near future America in 2027 when a now-nuclear armed Korean People's Army invades the USA. The game is written by John Milius, who co-wrote Apocalypse Now and wrote Red Dawn. The beginning gameplay is reportedly set in Montrose, Colorado.[5]

One of the major portions of the story arc is built around not only the growth of the North Korean forces over the years leading to the year 2027 (the year in which the game takes place), but also the economic downfall of the United States of America, and the unrest that seems to grip the nation before the invasion.[6]

Homefront is speculative fiction, set in a near-future, post peak oil world that features a significantly declined United States, and a united Korea that has built a massive alliance in East Asia. The Gate Corporation (a major private military company) also plays a minor role. The game focuses on the collapse of the United States, subsequent occupation by the Greater Korean Republic - a united Korea under the rule of the North - and the American Resistance that fights said occupation. The player is invited to join the American resistance, "using guerrilla tactics, commandeering military vehicles, and utilizing advanced drone technology", but the player may join the Korean Forces as well. The game will also feature vehicle based 32 player online warfare using dedicated servers. The game is planned to ship on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.[7] The game world also features fictional physics; for example, [8][9][10] and objects of interest are magnetically attracted to the player.[11][12][13]

reading you should take note at the consultant

Said Tae Kim, a former CIA field agent on the game's backstory, and a consultant: "we went to a very rigorous, academic research process to make sure to not only look at North Korea's current state but to look at historical examples how things could parallel and turn events. History repeats itself. From today to the day the invasion starts in the game, if you combine everything, the odds are very very slim this becomes true. But when you look at the storyline step by step, every step is a coin flip but a plausible step. So once you get there, it's plausible. And from there the next step is plausible as well. Even though the whole thing is fictional, it comes with plausible baby steps."

well I followed the linked source...

interview link from wikipedia...

Tae Kim is a former Field Operations Officer with the CIA and highly valued consultant the New York based Kaos Studios keeps on its payroll these days.

The American with korean roots helps the US developer to design the main and back story for Homefront, the next big action shooter THQ is planning to publish most probably at then end of 2010. Gamereactor flew over to New York to talk with Tae Kim about his work with Homefront.

well the conspircay turn... former CIA ooohhhhh... lmeao...

couldnt resist so why put this here like I have...

It is a very simple reason...

A lot of the survival threads have left this out... even some of the stories...

An equal or superior oppenant facing you down... do you have what it takes to go the distance...

Well this scenario is after the am's went through some issues...

gas went to 20 a gallon...

-we need to add a thought here... it means you work in terms now, for three hous for a gallon of gas at minumum wage...

-riots (obviously)

-associated prices go up...food for example,... taxes,....medicine...
so at least we had a partial culling...

the stupid and weak are dead.. culled from the herd... For the purpose of the conversation... your in the survival threads so, one freebie

(wait I am in TExas.. cool we split from the others...lol... I noticed the NK's did not enter Texas it seems...lol

cant help but wonder why?)

Are you in a liberal state that insist on no guns...
a big city or a small one...
hows your health...
on medications?
generators...?
training..?

How would you handle the scenario? occupation of the US...

I hope I have the time to prep..

edit on 12-2-2011 by ripcontrol because: posted before I finished agh!!! will still be editing...

I am adding a key point most civilians and to a large part most military are not prepped for...

The emotions of a war on your own homefront (note I said most not all)

Their is only one way to prepare and that is to get the emo shoch/ forced tunneling... it involves part of the training where some police get shot as practice for the real world.

The get out of the car...

they are shot with this bean bag or paint balls to force adrinal rush...

then they do it again... this time they get to a door.. and pow..

the the gate pow...it is random to where it forces them to adapt and not get tunnel vision effect

It is an actual training procedure designed to stop tunneling .. it bruises but it does get the heart rate up an forces tunneling and with time the tunneling vision and heart rate lower...

this is the key peice I believe might allow survival in such a scenario...

I do not see the US military actually wing from behind... to much deadwood on top... You have to ask why did they scatter.... Central command had broken down...

I do not see viable victory... not with out some really mean people with no PC attitudes...(if the whole resistance is marines and no army or air force I do see a smaller chance.. This is due to the training in the marine core of kill em and it lives, you obviously miss without permission recruit)(no I am navy, but the numbers are for experience and training... the marine core has no stress cards I know of, army does..)

How do you see the homefront scenario playing out in real life...

thank you for your time...

edit on 12-2-2011 by ripcontrol because: brought to you by le resistance

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
here's a most plausible scenario for homefront. With the rule of Kim Jong un weak the leaders of North Korea decided that it is time to reunite with South Korea peacefully. However during the reunification process the North Korean military launches a coup to overthrow the South Korean Government. With Korea united under rule of the North via communist military dictatorship the Koreans buildup their military forces. Just as the US was going to respond it became paralyzed with the economic crisis forcing them to withdraw from Asia. Meanwhile China has collapsed due to Citizen uprisings like the ones in Egypt. With the US and China out of the way The North Koreans annexes Japan and the Southeast Asian nations with no difficulties by threatening them with annihilation. Then North Korea launches an invasion of Australia, New Zealand, and other Oceania nations. With the conquest of the Pacific now complete North Korea turn its eyes toward a greatly reduced US. North Korea launches a EMP Strike and took the western part of the us
edit on 12-2-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I also dis-agree that most leos would qualify as leaders... soldiers yes....

no offense ... power maybe but not leadership...

I can see leadership around the following...

Entrepreneurs, traders (stock floor), retired admirals, retired master chiefs, mid-level executives, infiltration agents (US's)

I count this as the ones able to generate orders, (that work and people follow)...(its leadership)

as for the military as a whole... a lot of deaths as those with personality and no skill (button polishers) try to command for glory...

The PC military will not win..

on a side note look for officers who where discharged from the military for not respecting those in charge or talking bad about an administration... (patton's qualities)( you do not have to like him, you just knew you had better odds of killing the enemy before they got you-- c.h. walls)

so it would be up to the civilians to save the country from the occupation...

As an individual... self training now in MMA with Ti chi...
Learn to shoot...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
here's a most plausible scenario for homefront. With the rule of Kim Jong un weak the leaders of North Korea decided that it is time to reunite with South Korea peacefully. However during the reunification process the North Korean military launches a coup to overthrow the South Korean Government. With Korea united under rule of the North via communist military dictatorship the Koreans buildup their military forces. Just as the US was going to respond it became paralyzed with the economic crisis forcing them to withdraw from Asia. Meanwhile China has collapsed due to Citizen uprisings like the ones in Egypt. With the US and China out of the way The North Koreans annexes Japan and the Southeast Asian nations with no difficulties by threatening them with annihilation. Then North Korea launches an invasion of Australia, New Zealand, and other Oceania nations. With the conquest of the Pacific now complete North Korea turn its eyes toward a greatly reduced US. North Korea launches a EMP Strike and took the western part of the us
edit on 12-2-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

mostly actually sounds like the scenario as I understand it...

the coup part is different and makes more sense....

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Kill hundreds of thousands of soldiers single handedly like I will be doing in the Homefront video game.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I've already pre-order this game.
The premise this game put on is just wow.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Translating 'Homefront' to the real world...

i think casualties would be high as millions of gameboys perish in their Mom's basement.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
take it all give nothing back, i say Arrrrr

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
Kill hundreds of thousands of soldiers single handedly like I will be doing in the Homefront video game.

now their's the Merican attitude... that would win it for us....

Originally posted by the_0bserver85
I've already pre-order this game.
The premise this game put on is just wow.

as part of their facebook campaign...

Five things on Homefront

Set in the near future, THQ's Homefront is a game of speculative fiction that forecasts the unifying of North and South Korea, which later leads to the takeover of Asia and an attempt to occupy the United States.

the ideas behind this seem compelling.....

Originally posted by LargeFries
Translating 'Homefront' to the real world...

i think casualties would be high as millions of gameboys perish in their Mom's basement.

LMEAO....

It also depends on recruitment processes.... and training... training

Originally posted by anumohi
take it all give nothing back, i say Arrrrr

I also wonder how Mexico would respond...

I would not give anything back.... at all...
edit on 21-2-2011 by ripcontrol because: hit wrong button

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I have to go with what I also see here...

I think texas would wait and ambush them... (remember it suceeded)

We have over a third of the US military...
Its less space to defend... and well

The United States of Texas has a great ring to it...

and

and

I could see this being the Homefront 3... the rise of Texas... It is the hole in the scenario...Texas being left alone is not surrounded... to texans it just means the Koreans would have broke the energies on the other 49 and are weak...

Start a rumor that the koreans mean to take all the beer, all the guns, and ban all football in Texas....(I would never do such a thing...

Ill sit down at that point and watch them die (koreans..) you just dont mess with those three things here in texas...

Psychologically none of the other states are strong enough to throw off the oppressors... none ever stood on their own... nor do they have independant ralling points...

"Remember the alamo"

A false flag with say the Koreans destroying the Alamo.... broadcast all over Texas....

Nope I can see the rebellion and the outline of the situation... the rebellion being close to going either way... a false flag blamed on the Koreans... Texas aide pouring out as Texas begins destroying korean units....

I actually smell an invasion of korea as a possibility...

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Found some more previews

in fact I may decide to write a short on this

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
spoiler do not click if you want to ruin originality

and

I am going to sit and watch as much as I can... finances changed on me... my family comes first so I am going to go through it a piece at a time...

thank you for reading this thread so far

now to start the walk through

edit on 17-3-2011 by ripcontrol because: lol

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
just a game and a bad one at that. Oh crap dead bodies!!

You killed Kenny!!

you bastards!!

shoot, shoot, shoot.

Yeah we mad more bodies, long live America.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

Actually I am liking most of what I see...

The main issue is that it seems to be a short story line...

And I sense a small hole in the story line.... GKR is in the storyline acting like an over extended country...

For a giant to have done what it did story wise it acted like an idiot in this one... the only possible explanation is outside unmentioned forces....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Currently, the FBI estimates there are over 200 million privately owned firearms in the United States.

Bring it, North Korea.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Decision

please note two things...

each gun is not just one for one...

two how many are clustered in texas????

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
well the world took a step towards this...

the great leader is dead....

incoming?

new topics

top topics

join