It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Crud, I Found Nibiru.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by Farnhold
But still, we will see. I hope Nibiru will show up in couple of next years. It must be amazing to see a huge planet approaching and cloaking our sun.

Couple of years are not necessary.It would be visible according to Keplers Law.
edit on 12-2-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

The laws that we know MIGHT NOT APPLY for "some things" in outer space...
Like the charged particle wave in 2005 that reached earth in a few minutes instead of DAYS...
How do you explain that?
WHY did the "rules" did not applied in that case?
Or why were they broken?
And the "funny part" : could it happen again as a bad joke from deep space?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Yes, but TPTB may have technology to cloak it. It may not be visible to our spectrum.

Have you seen footages of ufos on youtube in which they are visible only in infrared? They are cloaking.
Lets take for example

It may have something to do with chemtrails (check 2010TheCountdown channel on youtube), or not. Or perhaps they have other way of cloaking it. I dont know, but there is this possibility

If it indeed will approach us, and become so big they may not be able to hide it anymore. Remmeber the news about second "sun" on our sky that will be visible for couple of weeks?
edit on 12-2-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

I think your forgetting the part were we die...

You are a very optimistic guy...I suppose if you see the world coming to an end and your inevitable death why not smile on the way out.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

I do not fear death
, even though I am very young (20) and I have life ahead of me. I did before. I just find life way too boring. Always the same, wake up, go to work, come home and go to bed. Baaah I want something different. And if I am supposed to die, let it be epic. Nibiru, pole shift, or other awesome stuff. Previous generations can be jealous of us. We will see something noone has ever seen before (or perhaps they did, but it was ages ago). Isnt it exciting?

Oh, and dude, btw, Im not optimistic, I am very pesimistic, but I just see certain things differently. Maybe it is awakening (I was raised as a christian, but I became agnostic, I learned that religions were made only to control crowds of people, blind sheepes). I perceive certain things differently now. But my life is still f*cked up. Thats where my pesimism comes from.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
reply to post by Farnhold

I think your forgetting the part were we die...

You are a very optimistic guy...I suppose if you see the world coming to an end and your inevitable death why not smile on the way out.

GOOD POINT!
CARPE DIEM BABY!
And Snip the devil!

[Mod edit removed profanity circumvention]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 13/2/2011 by Sauron because: removed profanity circumvention

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm not saying one way or another about Sitchin, but there is a possibility of a Binary Brown Dwarf Star in our solar system.

Nemesis (aka Death Star)

Sitchin's Nibiru, I don't know.

Kepler is not the place to look. You need Infrared. The star would be to cool to see with conventional telescopes.

They just started the thing up in 2010. So hold on to your hats.

NASA - WISE

Always looking Up.

A recently-discovered dwarf planet, named Sedna, has an extra-long and usual elliptical orbit around the Sun. Sedna is one of the most distant objects yet observed, with an orbit ranging between 76 and 975 AU (where 1 AU is the distance between the Earth and the Sun). Sedna’s orbit is estimated to last between 10.5 to 12 thousand years. Sedna’s discoverer, Mike Brown of Caltech, noted in a Discover magazine article that Sedna’s location doesn’t make sense.

"Sedna shouldn't be there,” said Brown. “There's no way to put Sedna where it is. It never comes close enough to be affected by the Sun, but it never goes far enough away from the Sun to be affected by other stars.”

Perhaps a massive unseen object is responsible for Sedna’s mystifying orbit, its gravitational influence keeping Sedna fixed in that far-distant portion of space.

source

edit on 12-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

Shhhh... thats private

lol

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Fact: such a planet as described by Sitchin would be detected by amateur astronomers.
Fact: it is not.

For the sake of completeness, I must say... there is that theory out there that Nibiru is a brown dwarf, which would make it (optically) invisible until it gets fairly close.

That being said, I agree with you. Nibiru is pseudoscience at its best. And I'm embarrassed to admit that I used to believe in it. In my defense, though, I was 12 at the time. Actually, that should probably tell you who this whole Nibiru thing is aimed at.

In which case it'd be lighting up the sky with radio and xray emissions, which is how we detect fainter stars.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Whether or not Nibiru exists, arent there enough threads and haters, and trollers that we dont need to bring this up anymore.

What about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and all the other crap we feed our children? At least my parents had the respect to treat me as a little adult and not fill my head with that nonsense.

Who cares if Nibiru is real or not? Nothing matters in the future. We cant be there. If it comes, it comes, if not then it wont. We have enough problems we need to care of on this blue marble NOW!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin
Like the charged particle wave in 2005 that reached earth in a few minutes instead of DAYS...
How do you explain that?
Or why were they broken?

While that did intrigue the science community, they had an understanding why it was possible:

“We have an important clue”. He noted that when the explosion occurred, sunspot 720 was located at a special place on the Sun: 60 degrees west longitude. This is significant, he said, because from this location “the sunspot was magnetically connected to Earth”. By this he meant that the lines of force of the Sun’s magnetic field, followed outward from that point along their spiraling path, lead directly to the Earth. The NASA headline article called this “a superhighway for protons leading all the way from sunspot 720 to our planet”.

The Explosion that Shattered Solar Theory

Charged particles do not take a pre-determined amount of time to reach the earth. It varies. This variation was no doubt amazing, but it is only an example of a "theory" being broken. NOT a particular law of physics being broken.

Thanks for sharing, I remember this story. Quite fascinating.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold

Yes, but TPTB may have technology to cloak it. It may not be visible to our spectrum.

Astronomers don't observe stars with household cameras. They use telescope and infrared.
Have TPTB tampered with every telescope on earth so that it goes undetected?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I agree with you that sitchens work could be a load of bs. But if you think his work is bogus, then why would you title this thread I've found nibiru when your belief is there is no nibiru? If you have dates from sitchens then you contradict what your trying to prove.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
I agree with you that sitchens work could be a load of bs. But if you think his work is bogus, then why would you title this thread I've found nibiru when your belief is there is no nibiru? If you have dates from sitchens then you contradict what your trying to prove.

My title is "Holy Crud, I found Nibiru....." (note the dot dot dots)..
Suggesting that is only mid thought and more to follow.
I finish my thought once you enter. Sorry if you felt mislead.
It's all in the details, I guess.

"Holy Crud, I found Nibiru to be a complete fabrication of the lunatic fringe community", is just to long for a thread title.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by leaualorin
How do you explain that?
Or why were they broken?

While that did intrigue the science community, they had an understanding why it was possible:

“We have an important clue”. He noted that when the explosion occurred, sunspot 720 was located at a special place on the Sun: 60 degrees west longitude. This is significant, he said, because from this location “the sunspot was magnetically connected to Earth”. By this he meant that the lines of force of the Sun’s magnetic field, followed outward from that point along their spiraling path, lead directly to the Earth. The NASA headline article called this “a superhighway for protons leading all the way from sunspot 720 to our planet”.

The Explosion that Shattered Solar Theory

Charged particles do not take a pre-determined amount of time to reach the earth. It varies. This variation was no doubt amazing, but it is only an example of a "theory" being broken. NOT a particular law of physics being broken.

Thanks for sharing, I remember this story. Quite fascinating.

Yes, they did find a possible explanation AFTER it happened. Why wouldn't it be possible they miss the boat once again? It could happen, and they would be baffled, just like the other time. Science isn't even close to reality/absolute truth. Science is wrong sometimes. Can't you learn from the past?

I have a question for you: what was the purpose of this thread? I don't see it's use. Everytime someone talks about Nibiru, you, Stereologist or Weedwacker rush into the thread to tell to everybody how wrong Sitchin is and how much of a poor scholar he is. I mean, I don't see anything interesting or particularly new to the subject in your thread. The title is interesting, but it is only to mislead the reader into your useless thread. Aside from the usual mocking and scholar discrediting, it is useless. Don't we have enough of the now-so-cliche debunker thread? Wouldn't you be the first to stone me if I made a thread with such a crappy title?

I mean, what were you trying to achieve with this? To me it doesn't even look like an attempt at convincing believers, the substance you brought is so poor. If it was your intention, well I'd suggest you use another technique because you will never convince a believer this way.

By the way, cloaking is scientifically feasable, so I guess we're back at the core of the problem, aren't we?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Thank you for your input. Noted and shelved.
Have a great day.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Wouldn't you mind answering my simple questions? Ignoring the heart of a subject by replying such non-sense and evasive statements isn't honest when debating. My post was a genuine attempt at debating with you and getting some basic answers. You create a thread, you should expect people that don't have the same opinion as you. I'm here to discuss but you don't seem to. Once again, what's the point then?

So shall we discuss now or will you still deny me to your thread?? What do you have to say about cloaking? You ignored it twice. I'd like to hear more from you, because it is a serious counter-argument, and I find it suspicious you're not mentionning something about this.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
My post was a genuine attempt at debating with you and getting some basic answers. You create a thread, you should expect people that don't have the same opinion as you. I'm here to discuss but you don't seem to. Once again, what's the point then?

My point is that Zecharia Sitchin is wrong about his claims based on the research of others as shown in the OP.. Do you not get that? Seriously?!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

What do you have to say about cloaking? You ignored it twice. I'd like to hear more from you, because it is a serious counter-argument, and I find it suspicious you're not mentionning something about this.

?

Is this for real?

What's your opinion on the cloaking? Don't you get that? Seriously? Not saying you're one of them, but ignoring a topic you can't debate is a disinfo agent technique in order to always be right. Just saying...

I'm not talking about anything else but the cloaking. You get my question now, or will you reply me about my disinfo agent statement? Seriously, I ask your opinion about the CLOAKING. Was that precise enough?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join