It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Crud, I Found Nibiru.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
What's your opinion on the cloaking?

Cloaking is real and has been applied on a small scale. I have seen many examples and methods.
However I have not seen an example of an object such as a planet being cloaked.
And to come to the conclusion that it is being cloaked is speculation in my opinion.
That's all.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Thank you for your input. Noted and shelved.
This won't lead anywhere. Out of despair:
Have a nice day...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

You said:

"Zecharia Sitchin is not only a poor scholar..."

Now you are entitled to your own opinion of course, but where I come from, that comment is in poor taste.

I agree entirely.

He should have used proper syntax...

"Zecharia Sitchin was not only a poor scholar..."

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You said:

"Zecharia Sitchin is not only a poor scholar..."

Now you are entitled to your own opinion of course, but where I come from, that comment is in poor taste.

I agree entirely.

He should have used proper syntax...

"Zecharia Sitchin was not only a poor scholar..."

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Too easy, I should concentrate a bit harder when reading the title... Star and flag

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Originally posted by CLPrime

Fact: such a planet as described by Sitchin would be detected by amateur astronomers.
Fact: it is not.

For the sake of completeness, I must say... there is that theory out there that Nibiru is a brown dwarf, which would make it (optically) invisible until it gets fairly close.

That being said, I agree with you. Nibiru is pseudoscience at its best. And I'm embarrassed to admit that I used to believe in it. In my defense, though, I was 12 at the time. Actually, that should probably tell you who this whole Nibiru thing is aimed at.

In which case it'd be lighting up the sky with radio and xray emissions, which is how we detect fainter stars.

Exactly. I threw that in there because I know it's been suggested by Nibiru enthusiasts. As you and I also know, however, it doesn't really work any better than a typical planet.

It could also be a black hole...
But wait, then we'd definitely notice its gravitational pull on the other planets.

Could be something more exotic, like a neutron star, or a quark star.
But, again, these are detectable in the x-ray range, and would also exert a very noticeable gravitational pull on the outer planets.

The point is, there are many things that Nibiru *could* be, but, given the timeframe, all of them should be noticeable by now in some way shape or form. Unless, of course, Sitchin was right in the first place and Nibiru isn't due back until 2900, in which case, we probably shouldn't even care.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The only thing about quoting a LAW is that a MAN made this LAW and LAWS were made to be broken.....Let's just wait and see, then we'll know for sure which will make it a Truth, which is way more important than any so called LAW.....
Remember, MAN said that the world was FLAT.....This was a LAW at that time, till it was BROKEN....

Make ALL men liars, and GOD the TRUTH.......If you remember this you will never go wrong....
edit on 12-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Sitchin has been bashed for years because his stories are nonsense. They fail on a number of grounds including physics, geology, astronomy, and most importantly archaeology.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

For the sake of completeness, I must say... there is that theory out there that Nibiru is a brown dwarf, which would make it (optically) invisible until it gets fairly close.

That's not true at all. Jupiter has the composition of a brown dwarf and could be detected by whole sky surveys out 2100AU. That's like 50x the distance to Pluto. Brown dwarfs have been detected in the optical range at a distance of 9 light years.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

An Earth sized object would be detected out 320AU. That's 8x the distance to Pluto. That's really far, far away.

The New Horizon probe takes 9 years just to get to Pluto! Instruments today can detect any object earth sized or larger out 8X the distance to Pluto.
New Horizons

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

The laws that we know MIGHT NOT APPLY for "some things" in outer space...
Like the charged particle wave in 2005 that reached earth in a few minutes instead of DAYS...
How do you explain that?
WHY did the "rules" did not applied in that case?
Or why were they broken?
And the "funny part" : could it happen again as a bad joke from deep space?

The rules were not broken. How do you think a probe can be sent to distant planets taking years to get there unless the laws work. It takes an enormous amount of planning to get these probes there and the reason they do is that the paths of the probes can be calculated in great detail years before the probes are launched.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

There are infrared satellites. There are UV satellites. There are x-ray satellites. There are optical telescopes and satellites. There are radio wave telescopes. There are many imaging modalities available to astronomers. If any of these methods were being affected by chemtrails then these facilities would be complaining. Chemtrails are a hoax. Amateur astronomers would notice a degradation of viewing. Chemtrails are a hoax.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

The idea of Nemesis was that it was a possible explanation for what appeared to be periodic extinctions of Earth. That idea has not panned out. The star would not necessarily be too cool to detect in the optical range. If it were, then WISE which ran out of coolant last October, should have detected a possible companion to the sun. It did not.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Even if you were able to cloak a large object such as a planet where is the evidence that gravity could be cloaked? No cloaking technologies today do more than make an object difficult to detect in parts of the EM spectrum.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
reply to post by cluckerspud

Dude! Sitchin hasn't even been dead for a year yet and you're bashing him? A little respect for the dead goes a long way.

Nuff said.

Rev

RIP

God riddance to bad theories

I can't stop "chuckling"( "chuckling" ? "chortling?; more like "rolling raucaous belly laughter"" )at the "We can't see it because "It's hiding behind the Sun people"
well guess where we'll be in 6 months time????( on the opposite side of the sun..)

I went through manufacturing industry y2k prep.What's gonna happen on Dec22nd 2012 when we are all still snug in our beds and Nothing happens? no vibrational shift no earth changes;no "ascension" to higher plane?and our new age " Holy hand grenades" prove to be what they are: simply metal filing scraps mixed in resin.
????

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
The only thing about quoting a LAW is that a MAN made this LAW and LAWS were made to be broken.....Let's just wait and see, then we'll know for sure which will make it a Truth, which is way more important than any so called LAW.....
Remember, MAN said that the world was FLAT.....This was a LAW at that time, till it was BROKEN....

Make ALL men liars, and GOD the TRUTH.......If you remember this you will never go wrong....
edit on 12-2-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

Get this psuedo science crap out of your heads it just takes up space which couldbe better used discerning thetruth.:

Hoaglands' "torsional physics ; Anything by Tom Bearden( i.e."scalar weapons"); annunaki;"cloaking"; "portals" vortexes...The "flatworld" was not a physical law it was a bad theory enforced by the fear and ignoranceo of the church..
**Man didn't"create" the laws;The physical laws exist outside the observation or documentation by mankind. Mankind discovers relationships through theory;hypothesis;observation and testing.

edit on 13-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

Originally posted by Gab1159
What's your opinion on the cloaking?

Cloaking is real and has been applied on a small scale. I have seen many examples and methods.
However I have not seen an example of an object such as a planet being cloaked.
And to come to the conclusion that it is being cloaked is speculation in my opinion.
That's all.

Researchers have created a" wave guide configuration to make an object"invisible in the microwave bands by bending the rf around it.. other than that I'm all ears to ear of your personal knowledge of "cloaking":

Here we have yet another sci fi movie term taken on by the public as current real world technology...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'm not bashing, just showing evidence that his claims are bogus.
This isn't about respect, son.

Nuph said.

Disss

Nuph said? You can say that again.

He was just saying his thoughts, he wasn't trying to be god or something.

Give him a brake and go back to bed.

You want to give us your opinion, fine, but chill out on the dude. Right?!

This type of behavior and mine as well, does not get us anywhere!

I apologize, just had to say it, sorry.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by CLPrime

That's not true at all. Jupiter has the composition of a brown dwarf and could be detected by whole sky surveys out 2100AU. That's like 50x the distance to Pluto. Brown dwarfs have been detected in the optical range at a distance of 9 light years.

I was thinking more of amateur astronomers (assuming that we have no faith in the professionals to warn us when a brown dwarf is heading our way), but you're right of course, brown dwarfs are optically visible...they just wouldn't be anything spectacular until they approached the inner solar system.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow! You guys are pretty rough on the old man!

His conclusions might be wrong, but he did a lot of good work in disseminating those old stories. Of course you might not believe the whole premise (ET intervention hundreds of thousands of years ago), whereas I do.

I'm frankly tired of the old "scientific" criteria for what's "true" or "real" and what isn't. Those work for purely physical phenomena, but we're not talking about that.

The so-called planet Nibiru is a live ET base according to Jalaila Starr (on her website). According to her, it can be moved around. Though it was originally a planet, now everyone lives inside it. You can say this is just silly, but I am making the point that if this is true, then its inhabitants could prevent us from detecting their base, and in that case all "scientific" bets are off. Some day our science may be able to come to grips with such things.

I don't see any reason to bash Sitchin just because we can't find Nibiru.

A thousand years ago we were really in a pit in terms of what we could observe. We didn't have optical microscopes until the late 1500's. So how much further do we have to go before we are actually capable of observing everything that is really there? There's no telling. So I don't see any point in bashing people just because their ideas are "unscientific." Let's keep this in perspective. We are having highly speculative discussions, in large part, on this site. And at that level knowledge goes beyond science to embrace anything that someone is capable of being relatively certain about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join