It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes found at Port of San Diego?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OatDelphi
Awesome find OP...S+F for you.

I really hope this SanDiego news channel makes sure to check back with this fellow in a few months to see if he is still employed. That would be very telling if he is suddenly job-less.

I would say that "suddenly jobless" would be an understatement. It would be more interesting if they checked back in 90 or 180 days to see if this guy hasn't met his end due under "mysterious unexplained circumstances".

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I like how at first he basically fumbles and admits to something he isn't sure of but then later on a spokeswoman calls in saying "no". He obviously seemed hesitant about answering the majority of the interview, either way it looks bad.

Good find s&f
edit on 12-2-2011 by CordDragonzord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
So what exactly did they find? I wouldn't expect it to be a true nuclear device. That seems a bit far-fetched for a terrorist group to develop. Not saying it's impossible just extremely unlikely.

My guess is a dirty bomb wouldn't be classified under the nuclear device category so that is a definite possibility along with a standard conventional bomb.

The only other weapon of mass "effect" I can think of would be a chemical weapon. Perhaps something to dump into the water supply or an aerosol...

The thing that scares me the most is that civilians are not being informed as these things are being discovered. Is it possible that California port cities are keeping quiet to keep the local economies stable? California has been having a loss of population and with their deficit problems I can see them wanting to not have panic cause more people to leave.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm curious about the changes in description...the reporter asks about weopens of mass destruction...the officer specifically used the phrase "mass effect" instead...is there a difference between the two?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

interesting...the way I understood the question though was whether or not he had found weapons of mass "effect"....which is just another way of saying mass "destruction" I imagine. Still even if it was not necessarily Nuclear, that in itself is scary enough.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Come On Guys,
Assuming you believe that 9/11 was not an Inside Job. The United States faces a variety of threats from Enemies of our State (if you live here) whom are constantly looking to exploit the many fallacies in the US’s border security programs to smuggle devices which could be used to kill lots of innocent people..
Let me Make a Simple Statement to Illustrate a Point.

“We all know about the collapse of the twin towers and the other events on 9/11 because they influenced such a large number of people, caused many deaths and also irreversible repair to physical infrastructure”

With that in mind, Ask Yourself a Question.
Does it not sound improbable that the same enemy, which had the logistical ability to execute the 9/11 attacks (Since Hampered but not Stopped by US Anti-Terror efforts), could not attempt an attack on the same scale?

Would telling US Citizens about the continuing attempts of mass murder make them feel more secure in their homes?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Nukes are part of the big con and don't exist anymore than the LEM on the dark side of the moon.

There won't be any nuclear explosion. Settle down.

No nukes. Period.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

(I can't make the embed work, could admin do it for me?)

So he pretty much admitted that nukes have been found trying to get into the country....how many have actually made it past through the security check points?

Why doesn't the government want us to know? (public affairs officer quickly jumped in)

Also, it seems that Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano wants to create a global 'trusted shipper' program:

www.google.com...

Seems to me that they are leaving the door wide open with something like that. Perhaps they are trying to establish an excuse when one of these WMD finally get used in a major US city.

Am I crazy in thinking this?

I wish Dick Cheney would just retire already - enough's enough!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Maybe not explosions... but dirty bombs? Or radioactive substances dumped into water sources, etc.? That's entirely possible. Look at how wide open the borders are, & how our government is even trying to make it worse by opening up trucking to Mexican companies. They only have to succeed once.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

gust my opinion but it looked staged to me. The cop was carrying his thumbs in his weapon belt....this is a serious offence in training so much that you dont do it while active.......sorry I am calling B.S.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
From what I can tell it seems as though the officer slipped up, and is now probably no longer working there.

As someone else posted in this thread, you can pretty much remove the question mark from the title of this thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I am a retired Customs Officer/Manager. One thing you can bet, is that the Asst. Port Director (APD) for the Port of San Diego will not be speaking to the media ever again. U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has a very active and agressive program to detect Weapons of (yes) Mass Effect or formerly called Weapons of Mass Destruction. These can be nuclear, radiological, biological, or chemical. CBP has detectors and programs in place for all of these and does an excelent job of training it's officers and equiping it's force for the detection. I retired from CBP about 18 months ago and was involved in the biological and chemical detection areas. I had also worked in counter-terrorism for a short time. I can't go into too much detail, but if the APD in the film claimed they had made a detection, then they had found a device or what would be known in laymens terms as a weapon component. This is significant. However, this is all you will ever hear from DHS and it will be be buried from now on as they will not want the public to be panicked.

The FBI will trace the smuggling attempt now and there will be fingerprints (of sorts) on the attempt. Be glad that CBP has people and programs to stop these attempts. The U.S. Coast Guard also has similar programs. You are being protected by some skilled people on the border and beyond. Your military is doing it's best also.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Ever see the TV series called " jericho" ???? check it out.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If nuclear weapons or any kind of "WMDs" were to be smuggled into the country, I imagine shipping ports would be the places to do it. I remember watching or reading some news article about how there is a significant risk to this country due to the amount of incoming cargo that does not get thoroughly checked. I might be remembering wrong, and maybe most is checked, but I'm pretty sure I read that that isn't the case.
As for this particular video, it's slightly possible the guy was just simply nervous, but the government has prevented numerous terrorist acts inside the United States that the public was never told about. If there's a loose nuke/dirty weapon floating around somewhere inside, it would sure as hell raise alot of public alarm and accusations of inability of the government to do their job, so it would certainly make sense to keep such things quiet.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Is anyone else thinking 'Jericho'?

It could still happen...

The Rev.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Nuclear devices can be and probably are smuggled into the US but not only through San Diego but through cargo ships at the ports of NYC. All you have to do is hide some device or parts to make a nuclear bomb in cat litter. It's really too damn easy.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Wow....this sound like some "Jericho" stuff (a tv serie)
Hopefully it will not turn out like in the movie.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Ok...This is very disturbing to me, being that it hits close to home. I work on the San Diego naval base about a mile or less from the port. In fact, just left base an hour or so ago. I do not like what I am hearing here...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It would not surprise me that they found an AAPM;(Atomika Aborotnia Patchka Machina)/(Nuclear Back-Pack Device/sic.Russian). They are not shielded and emit loads of Gamma Rays. In the cold war, the Soviets had a big one ready to go in the Attic of the U.S.S.R Washington Embassy with a time-delay fuse(When their ICBMs were weak and barely effective, it was their back-up plan).
I'm sure some funny guys have tried, so this is no surprise at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Special Bulletin (TV 1983)
103 min - Drama
www.imdb.com...

Wiki-
Special Bulletin 1983
en.wikipedia.org...

Now if a Terrorist really wants to do damage to a Country
search and watch the Movie Above ! this is all they need to do!

Special Bulletin ( Full Movie)

Google Video Link

edit on 13-2-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join