It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Golden Dawn Orders... Anyone have experience with them.. few questions...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeThreeThree

Dead on, Choronzon. Important stuff those egregores. I concur.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Frater210 because: Punct.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
erm, I wouldn't want to be associated with anything Aleister Crowley had his fingers on.

Good Luck.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Hi, Chocise. It looks like the author of this thread is looking for a GD (lodge system, masonic type order) type organization. May I ask, in your opinion, what part of that whole melange from the past 100 years has Aleister Crowley not had his fingers on?
I would be willing to accept 86 years but can't go lower than that.
edit on 12-2-2011 by Frater210 because: conceptual edit.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Well, I don't believe he had anything to do with the Masons, although I'd err on your side he was connected with more than a few occultist clubs.

Anyhow, there was a big split in the GD ranks when Crowley joined [which doesn't surprise me either].
edit on 12-2-2011 by chocise because: had

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
what part of that whole melange from the past 100 years has Aleister Crowley not had his fingers on?

The Fraternitas Rosicruciana Antiqua (FRA) of Huiracocha (Arnold Krumm-Heller).

The Gnostic Movement of Samael Aun Weor (see also the links in my previous posts in this thread and other threads).

Samael Aun Weor was a student of, and still always highly respected the teachings of Huiracocha. And Arnold Krumm-Heller apparently knew Aleister Crowley personally; and some even claim that Arnold Krumm-Heller looked up to Aleister Crowley, which is very doubtful considering that Huiracocha, like Samael Aun Weor, taught that Chastity (not to be confused with celibacy) is necessary for receiving Initiations of the White Lodge.

(Both Samael Aun Weor and Huiracocha would consider Aleister Crowley's "sex magick" rituals to be of the Black Lodge.)

edit on 12-2-2011 by Tamahu because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

respectfully...........
edit on 12-2-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

I stand corrected, Tamahu. And It might be safe to say Pascal Beverly Randolf escaped the influence as well. Even though they shared the same proclivities in terms of theory and practice.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

erm, respectfully what? I don't understand, forgive me. Is that a tribute to Crowley?

I'm sorry, the garb is unfamiliar [he wore many outfits]... are you suggesting he was also a Mason?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The story of Paschal Beverly Randolph, and the Fraternitas Rose Crucis (FRC) which is apparently based on his teachings, is very interesting. I've not read much about his life and teachings, although from what I have read, his sex magic teachings would not be considered Chaste by the White Lodge either.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Tamahu because: wording

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
"Was Aleister Crowley a Freemason"?

Thread Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeasahtheseer

I'm open to reading and at least attempting to learn and understand things....

Here is an initiatory lesson for you. Do some internet research and write a small concise definition of the following terms, use each word in a sentence, and learn to distinguish the subtle differences; then report back and let's compare notes:

egregore
meme
entity
mantra
sigil
servitor
thoughtform
ritual
spell
imprecation
theurgy
dunamis
transmutation
contagion
saṃskāra (Buddhism)
chittam (Hinduism)
aura

My personal study of magic transcends Golden Dawn / Hermeticism and I hope you don't mind broadening your search as the occult does interweave.

“The knowledge of the right words, appropriate phrases and the more highly developed forms of speech, gives man a power over and above his own limited field of personal action.” - Bronsilaw Malinowski

Quod natura relinquit imperfectum ars perfecit.

hung vajra peh,

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Ummmmm, ok. And why do I need to do this? Why do I need to "compare notes" with you?

edit on 13-2-2011 by jeasahtheseer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Sri Oracle

Ummmmm, ok. And why do I need to do this? Why do I need to "compare notes" with you?

edit on 13-2-2011 by jeasahtheseer because: (no reason given)

You don't need to do anything.... you were seeking.... I offered a path with some stepping stones I recognize to be towards the Golden Dawn.

Best of luck.

Sri Oracle
edit on 13-2-2011 by Sri Oracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I will be completely honest with you from the things I've read on there there have been things I understand well and agree with, but then there are things that I can't seem grasp and understand.

Many who read about the Gnostic teachings think that Samael Aun Weor's teachings are either too simple or too obscure. But what we have to remember is that he is unveiling, and giving an introduction to, what has only been known to Initiates (of the Major Mysteries) for thousands of years.

If you continue to study the Gnostic teachings alongside the writings of Manly P. Hall, H.P. Blavatsky, Dion Fortune, Master M:., Rudolf Steiner, S.L. MacGregor Mathers, Eliphas Levi, etc., you'll start to understand the following from Michael Maier's Atalanta Fugiens:

"He who tries to enter the Rose-garden of the Philosophers without the key is like a man wanting to walk without feet."

And pretty much all I have read is every single book about the golden dawn I could get my hands on, I prolly have 30 books or more just on the golden dawn, so thats why I made this thread i nthe first place I wan't to experience the things I've read about in these books.

This is what is being addressed in this post:

Society of Inner Light

Regarding blavatsky I read very minimal amounts of her work, but a very strange thing to me is that my wife loves blavatsky and shes read isis unveiled and the secret doctirine, but the reason I say this is strange is because my wife considers her self a thelemite and she LOVES crowley. And from what I know about blavatsky her ideas do not mesh with crowleys ideas at all. Doesnt make much sense to me, but shes my wife and I love her, lol.

Well any aspiring occultist can do no other than to admit that H.P. Blavatsky's writings contain a vast wealth of useful information.

Although yeah, H.P. Blavatsky would not at all have approved of Aleister Crowley's "magickical workings".

However H.P. Blavatsky would have approved of the Sexual Magic teachings of Samael Weor, considering that they are in full agreement with the Kalachakra Tantra and the teachings of the Dalai Lamas (see the section on Buddhism in the link in my current signature). Also, Samael Aun Weor wrote that H.P. Blavatsky in her past life eventually entered the Major Mysteries and attained Adepthood, and is going to soon reincarnate in New York.

I guess I'll check out either isis unveiled or the secret doctrine they are sitting on our bookshelf right now, which one would you reccomend I check out ?

They're both good. Although to be honest, I have not yet read either from cover-to-cover. But for how many times I've read paragraphs here and there for reference, I might have accumulatively read them from cover-to-cover.

Only dion fortune book I've read is mystical qabalah which is a book I quite like and have read it like 10 times.

That's good, it's an excellent book. However as Samael Aun Weor often pointed out: Even though it is best to develop a strong intellectual culture, we also do not need to become total book-worms in order to be Occultists. Too much reading without enough practice, takes energies from our heart that we need for Meditation and Dream Yoga. Huiracocha said something along the lines of that one hour a day of Mantra vocalization is better than reading thousands of books on Occultism and Theosophy.

Amd steiner I have never heard of tbh, I'll look him up.

And Vajrayana, Hindu Tantra and Yoga, Ancient Khemet, Alchemy, Platonism, I understand what all these things are but dont really know about them if you know what i mean. Except hindu tantra and yoga, which my wife is pretty damn knowledgable about but I don't really know much tbh.

And when it comes to people like levi call me dumb but I have such trouble tryin to follow his writings

I actually often have somewhat of a hard time following the writings of Rudolf Steiner. But I'm determined to eventually at least finish studying his excellent Outline of Occult Science though.

Anyways man send me a pm or something and reccomend me some books to get and read, I'm open to reading and atleast attemping to learn and understand things....

Peace out and have a great day dude!

Likewise. I should be posting and/or lurking here for a while, so if I don't hear from you soon, I'll send you PM in the near future (Insha'Allah).

Peace

edit on 13-2-2011 by Tamahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Hi all,

So what currently-existing GD group is actually the legitimate one? I have been having some trouble looking into them, and I have found that there are so many different GD Orders that are out there in the U.S. Would someone mind posting links to each of the different GD Orders and explaining what each one is about and if you do not mind, state which one is the most "legit" in terms of staying true to the true Ancient Mystery School teachings and the original founding of the Order? I am also interested in joining OTO and possibly a Rosicrucian Order in my area (I am near the Nation's Capital), I checked out AMORC, but it seemed pretty sketchy to me, but maybe I should give it another try. Furthermore, does anyone know of any other Hermetic/Rosicrucian/Thelemic Occult groups out there that are in the Greater Washington, DC area? And if you do, could you please explain them/provide links to their websites? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dokuja

You have no idea how much of a loaded question that is...

Rather than focus on lineage, perhaps you should focus on content and which group meets your needs. All have potential to pass on real and legitimate knowledge.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Hmmm. I see. Well, how do I find out which ones are out there and what their content and focus is so that I can find which one best suits me?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dokuja

Perhaps I'll explain more here later, but really the inheritors of the Secret Teachings of All Ages are the schools who are now openly teaching the Great Arcanum or Arcanum A.Z.F., which is veiled in all Religion's scriptures and in the teachings of the Mystery Schools.

Gnostic-Community

Gnostic Schools: Google Maps

The Gnostic Academy of Washington D.C.

[email protected]

edit on 13-3-2011 by Tamahu because: spacing

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thank you for your help! But what exactly are the Great Arcanum or Arcanum A.Z.F. and how does the Gnostic community and schools relate to all of this?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
They will only use you, learn the secrets on your own.
edit on 14-3-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join