It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's going to fill the gap in Egypt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
For the last 32 years Egypt and Israel has benefited from peace treaties whether this will stand once the new government is established is pretty uncertain. I wouldn't get to hopeful that Egypt will obtain the democracy they've been fighting for. Which is even more frightening is the fact that protests also took place in Jordan, another one of Israels allies. Makes you wonder if there isn't some radical group behind these protests or if this isn't a sign of coming events. Middle East couldn't possibly afford another war.

I haven't read or heard anything about who's behind these protest. These protests happened all of a sudden and without warning. But I'm still convinced a particular opposition group must be behind these protests. Someone or something must have incited them to take to the streets. It's also clear that some Egyptians show Anti-American and Israel attitudes. How could you blame them? Mubarak was an American puppet.

Well I doubt it's the Al Qaeda nor the Muslim Brotherhood. The Muslim Brotherhood has been mentioned a couple of times but they've been pretty silent through out the protests. The Al Qaeda haven't taken responsibility for anything except attack the Egyptian- Israeli gas pipeline and telling other groups to take advantage of the situation in Egypt.

Maybe the people of the Middle East are just tired of all the tyrants and corruptions in their countries. Maybe there really isn't a particular group behind these protests. I guess the next country on the list would be Iran.

I shouldn't be jumping the conclusions so early,though. Only time can reveal what will happen, but I've been wondering about this and I have to admit I haven't been as hopeful as the rest about the outcome.

What could a new Egypt hold in store for the rest of the world? Would they be swayed by radical Islamist groups or would they quell the warnings from all the doomsayers and cynicals?

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I just dont believe the protestors will settle for another tyrannical or autocratic regime, but who knows how these things can turn out. It's not just about Egypt, its about the whole of the middle east, with many nations interests involved and there will be many nations trying to influence what happens next.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm sure Israel will probably be the biggest player seeing as what happens next will affect them the most. Egypt and Jordan are strategic areas for America/Israel in the Middle East. No doubt both are keeping a close eye on what happening over there.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
All the tweeters and twitters and facebookers will go home patting themselves on the back thinking they changed the country. Military runs it now. Basically they're in a state of martial law I would guess. What is the economic policy, foreign policy, etc. now coming out of Egypt? The VP is a CIA plant torture expert who was in charge of getting folks to talk for the US. I guess they think he's better than Mooooobareek.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

You must look on the dynamics of the protests. They did'nt start small and grow. They began as a mass of people demonstrating. So what organisation could mobilize that amount of people from the get go. There's only one but you dismiss them out of hand. The muslim brotherhood. Only through the mosques could this amount of people be organized. There is no other organization, in Egypt, with this amount of influence to mobilize this amount of people. Not unions and not, as you seem to suggest, the common people. I believe that all this stems from the middle east being beyond peak oil. Which is controlled by clans and families who have control of the governance. With oil running out this power base is eroded and like Iran the muslim faction wants control of the government. A good heads up for this was a statement put out by the brotherhood"If the people want sharia law we will give it to them". Now you do not need to reason very hard what this means. All the middle eastern countries that have seen demontrations for change have no religeous men in their government(like Iran) so just this reason has to smack you in the face at who is behind these demonstrations.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The protests weren't that big. They were, at best, 250,000 in a city of 20 million. Crowd estimates in the millions are vast exaggerations. You can't fit a milllion people into Tahir Square. Of course, it looks good on TV. The fact is, the Army has been in charge since 1952 and remains in charge. Nothing has really changed.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Amr Moussa

On February 11, 2011 Al Jazeera English Online read from a Reuters report that stated Moussa was resigning from his position with the Arab League; on the day that President Mubarak resigned from the Egyptian presidency this furthers rumours he may make a strong bid for president when elections are announced in Egypt.

He seems to be quite respected by the Egyptians and the people in the Middle East in general.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Well I heard you can. Heard it from a friend who actually lived in Egypt who was struggling to get his family out of the country. You might be correct. It's most possibly an exaggeration, but you have to remember the protests didn't just take place in one city. Took place in Alexandria and Cairo. Either way it was enough to topple the government.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Mohammed El Baradei.

I'm not following all this Egypt stuff all that closely. However, this fellow keeps getting pushed into the limelight. From what I understand, Zbygnew Briezinski has the man's d**k in his pocket. That's not a good thing for the world at large. In conspiracy thought, that means with him in charge of Egypt, the Bilderberg agenda is on track.

Please reprove me if I am misinformed. Is there already a thread addressing this issue?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This may give some insight on the MB in Egypt.

english.aljazeera.net...

In the same meeting with Mitchel, Erekat presents the situation in Egypt at that time as hostile to the PA, given the “power” of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas and satellite channels directed at them, and concluded: “it’s a parallel government in Egypt. You need to speak to the Arabs about that.”

And from what I can gain from the rest of the document is that Amr Moussa is somewhat complicit or supporting in the whole thing. MB, hamas and the like.

So that means he would be someone the Muslim brotherhood would support, because he would support their agenda

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by schuyler

Well I heard you can. Heard it from a friend who actually lived in Egypt who was struggling to get his family out of the country. You might be correct. It's most possibly an exaggeration, but you have to remember the protests didn't just take place in one city. Took place in Alexandria and Cairo. Either way it was enough to topple the government.

Visit www.stratfor.com... I don't know how much you can get for free, but they have done a detailed crowd-size analysis done via satellite photos. They focused in particular on the square and the fact that MSM was reporting millions IN THE SQUARE when that was clearly a gross exaggeration.

And, for the record, at least so far, the "government" as such has not fallen. The military has been in charge since 1952 and, whaddyaknow, is still in charge today--with the people's blessing. This is about as revolutionary as the Democrats taking over from the Republicans taking over from the Democrats. New party, same government. We'll see if some group can take the initiative here, but so far that hasn't happened.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
We will have an idea of the military's true intentions in how fast they cancel the 30 year long state of emergency.

For now, they have shown great restraint and honorable intentions since the protests began. They are well thought of by the people.

They need to do the following in short order:

Kill that bogus state of emergency.

Establish a civilian interim council to draft a new interim constitution, or fix the old one.

Let the people hold a referendum under international watchdogs to accept / reject the new interim constitution.

If accepted by the people, schedule elections in accordance with that interim constitution.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Who pays the military's salary? Whom do they really serve?

1. They say respect the police and want to put them back out.

2. They say don't worry Israel. Same ole same ole...

3. You poor Egyptians. Do you not realize you own nothing that you cannot take and defend what you've taken.

4. WTH, over... Sheesh... All that for nothing but a simple feel good for the moment. 300+ people dead for nothing. Not to mention the ones which will be hunted down which we will never know about because the media is off on some other social obsession.

new topics

top topics

join