It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black people, Black people, Black people ...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
I guess there really is still segregation in the US. This is sad but true ... from the black golfer ... tothe black tennis players ... to the black owned businesses. Sad, that this exists ... so much division ... and we wonder why that the U.S. is headed in the Direction that it is .. We can't even stop the hate here in America much less other places .... Seriously ... And its not all White people or Hispanics ... it is alot on the shoulders of the black community itself ... i talked to a really good friend of mines mom the other day ... and she stood there and told me .. how he didn't have the same opportunities as I did growing up ... I couldn't say anythign out of respect to my elders .. but seriously ... why is she lying to herself ... Why is she lying to her kids ... no wonder he can't get out of the depression that he is in ... Its reinforced by his own MOTHER. SO SAD.

money.cnn.com...

Ever occur to you that maybe - just maybe - your mother's friend was telling the truth?

Similarly, ever occur to you that the reason CNN has a listing for "black-owned businesses" might be because black people really do have trouble getting the loans needed to start a business, thus making black-owned business statistics something of a measure of how equal our society is?

You strike me as someone who's not paying very much attention to the subject you're talking about.

You are correct, that statistic wouldn't be there if banks where loaning to black businesses. Have you wondered why Germany makes it illegal to show the Nazi flag, it's because they knew where this hate took them. It took their nation to a place that no nation want to be in, a defeated one that had to be humbled. We have no shame about saying what we think in the US about others and even other groups, because in America it's a free country. They say that in this country expressing your views no matter how vile is okay because it's freedom. The problem with freedom like this is that it's real easy to have the tyranny of the majority opinion. When everyone is agreeing half heartedly or full on about someones belief of a people, then they will do their part in order to stop said people from growing or "getting ahead of them" in anything. Our society in this hemisphere has been scared miserable from racism and our leaders haven't shown the intestinal fortitude to say no and push people away and say they are wrong in expressing racial or ethnic beliefs. They give the old wink and nod and think thats okay.

I feel sorry for the US, because our leaders have made a population ignorant and hateful to anything different and in so doing have made it almost impossible to get this problem off our backs permanently.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese

I feel sorry for the US, because our leaders have made a population ignorant and hateful to anything different and in so doing have made it almost impossible to get this problem off our backs permanently.

Our leaders WANT us to bicker among each other. They want us to play little race games, liberal vs conservative games, and bicker and fight all day long. Because divided we fall.

While we have been fighting like dogs over table scraps, our country has been stolen. Our national credit cards have been run up making the rich richer, and they will move on, as they always do, while we (black, white, brown, whatever,) will be left here holding the bill in our ruin of a country.

Noam Chomsky said something to the effect of, "Forget about black and white, male, female, all the things they use to divide you. It is the rich against the poor. It always has been."

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
I guess there really is still segregation in the US. This is sad but true ... from the black golfer ... tothe black tennis players ... to the black owned businesses. Sad, that this exists ... so much division ... and we wonder why that the U.S. is headed in the Direction that it is .. We can't even stop the hate here in America much less other places .... Seriously ... And its not all White people or Hispanics ... it is alot on the shoulders of the black community itself ... i talked to a really good friend of mines mom the other day ... and she stood there and told me .. how he didn't have the same opportunities as I did growing up ... I couldn't say anythign out of respect to my elders .. but seriously ... why is she lying to herself ... Why is she lying to her kids ... no wonder he can't get out of the depression that he is in ... Its reinforced by his own MOTHER. SO SAD.

money.cnn.com...

Its tribal mentality and human nature. there is no way around it and no reason to deny who we are. RACISM is just another term used to control the masses. There is nothing wrong with having pride in your specific group -race- religion- ideology .
so if we all stop the BS and allow our selves to progress as humans. be proud of who you are, black , white , Asian. and its perfectly natural to have a majority of your friends from with in your race.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

We need to stop looking at it like - this black kid had it hard because he grew up in the ghetto,
because to tell the truth I think a white kid growing up in the ghetto is going to be in a hell of a lot worse of a situations.. let's just look it as this kid had it hard because he grew up in the ghetto - nothing to do with race.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by markusjOHNSON

Why would you be proud of something as stupid as race? You didn't choose to be born black, white, yellow,brown, green, blue or whatever. Why people are proud of things they don't accomplish is beyond me....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

do you know nothing of the atrocities dealt out to my native american ancestors.. they were slaves to europe before africans were..I know more about history than you obviuosly if you deny that everything done to blacks was done to native americans 10 FOLD!! literal extermination was handed out from 60 million to 800,000.. sounds like pure genocide to me!

do you know nothing about the abuse and sufferage of the Scottish/Irish at the hands of the Norman/Roman "royalty". Braveheart and Rob Roy only give you a glimpse of it. the subjects under the "kings" were nothing short of slavery. yet you must search for knowledge obviously you have not.

so the "rape squads" of africans in africa who gang rape and cut the tits off other africans is somehow the "white man's" fault. how about the oppression to the poor people of India? what about learning a little history..

yet i digress, you probably ended you "education" at public school, and since they taught "black history" you KNOW IT ALL huh?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by markusjOHNSON

Why would you be proud of something as stupid as race? You didn't choose to be born black, white, yellow,brown, green, blue or whatever. Why people are proud of things they don't accomplish is beyond me....

I suppose this is a very good question ... When it comes down to it ... People will tell you they are proud of thier ancestry ... and what thier ancestry has accomplished. But, just not thinking about it ... wouldn't that person be proud of those said "ACCOMPLISHMENTS" and not just the color of the person doing the accomplishing ???

Please someone tell me I am wrong and show me how someone can be PROUD of being a certain color because of a reason that they should truly not pertain to RACE.

JUST OPENED UP MY EYES TO THE REALITY OF WHITE PRIDE and excuses people make for it .. But the truth of the matter is very simple.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

WOW, I think that a certain side to this argument left the chat after the last few posts ... WOW .. Seriously ...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join