It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black people, Black people, Black people ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

let racists be racist, really?? that sounds about right..EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT only whites are not allowed to be "racist"

where is "white entertainment tv" WET---where is NAAWP (national assoc advancement of white people)..get the point yet?

white history month? why is there affirmative action? why all the bennies to minorities? why all the minority business programs? why all the minority school programs? why all the minority home loan programs?

stats: part white (scottish/german/cherokee) native american blood in me been here since way back, scottish in me been here since the 1400's..WHY SHOULD AFRICAN/HAITIAN/MEXICAN immigrant kids qualify for things My ancestors built for the last 600 years to my detriment?
wife stats: mixed race (white/black/asian)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetimemany many people expect everything for free then scream segregation. Its not your fault your under TV mind control. No critisism without crying racism, typical.

Seriously, people want so desperately to be unique and special! Being an American is not good enough anymore.

To deny that the cultures are not separate and distinct is naive at best; about the issue in general here in the US somewhere kids are getting the idea that to just be who you are if white is something to apologize or feel guilty about. I think that place is school and the media.

I am all for us just being Americans but the minorities are the ones who want to hyphenate themselves and demand to be treated as special and separate. Respect our culture!

Fine, I'm all for one's freedom to dress speak and conduct oneself in whatever manner you chose until it infringes on the rights of another.

However, to constantly cry out, “I am special. Look at me!” by ones dress, diction and mannerisms then cry foul when people point out the differences seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Surely you can see the socioeconomic differences in the relative success and failures of the different races in the world? It can't be the institutional racism any longer; even with all the legal advantages minorities enjoy - especially blacks in America, they seem to be going down the ladder instead of up.

The glass ceiling has been broken a black man is President FFS - what other reason is there for the disparity than culture?

The special status under the law is the major issue with race in America.

Until we get past all this special status and protections under the law and start looking at each person as an individual rather than a member of that group we will never have true equality - sorry. Can't have it both ways.

edit on 10/2/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/2/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Th very second that we stop caring about all the entitlments towards minorities, they will vanish. The more we spend on white vs black vs brown vs whatever just aids the self-same people who WANT to continue to divide.

Let it go. Chill. Really.

If you, as a person, can work and define yourself by your own self-worth, and NOT by a heritage or colour of skin, then you will be ahead of the game. Hell, let those that rest their laurels on nothing but colour define themselves.
In the end, THEY will be the ones left behind.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I may be wrong ... these are solely my thoughts on said subject and I am a very open book and open to change in my beliefs ... However ... this mom that I am refferring too lives in a brick house that was nicer than the one that I was in growing up ... My friends got a full ride for playing football but could have played basketball or Baseball and done the same .. .however he flunked out .. not because he is dumb but because of decisions he made ... and he told me that ... He actually dates me sister so we are more than friends almost brother-n-law now ... however ... on a side note ... There are many many many breaks for black folks ... as far as Education grants for minorities and so forth ... I know that some black folks only deal with black businesses and that created more segregation ... The #1 problem I have with this is ... that everyone should have an equal opprotunity to own a business regardless of color and creed. When we start handing out grants based on anything other than KNOWLEDGE in said area or field of expertise there is something wrong with that ... Very Wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SirKnightE

My intent of posting this thread is simple asking the question "Why does is matter that they are "BLACK BUSINSSES" ???

I am sorry if other thoughts and ideas have come out of this thread as I know segregation is obviously a hot topic and has always been a hot topic ... As it once tore a NATION APART. to say the least

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Originally posted by SirKnightE
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

OP, I'm not too sure where the the problem is and how it relates to the article you linked. Do you feel it is segregation because black business seem to be thriving. I'm not too sure about the intent behind you thread. Please explain.

I think the issue is that there is something called "Black business" in the first place.

Exactly !!!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Who was it that said “You make your own opportunities.”?

I’m a firm believer that racism has its basis in language. How many times have we watched the nightly news and never noticed the color of the reporter? Even though he may be from another race. But as soon as they have a report from someone who has a heavy accent you take notice of their background.

Essentially your accent and grammar must match the accent and grammar of the company you want to work for. Perhaps your friend reached the age of maturity without being taught to speak like the majority from the business world.

This is SO TRUE ... and my sister actually sounds just like him or he sounds just like her ... And they don't sound "Ghetto" or "Thug" or anything you could put your finger on ... but the way that they talk is definately a language of its own ... A more modern day language of people who ... well nothing particular just run with a certain CREED of people.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

OP, I'm not too sure where the the problem is and how it relates to the article you linked. Do you feel it is segregation because black business seem to be thriving. I'm not too sure about the intent behind you thread. Please explain.

I think the issue is that there is something called "Black business" in the first place.

Seems like everything in this world today is statistical. They break everything down into some sort of category. To get numbers. But it kinda seems the OP is saying its a problem that black owned businesses are thriving..... Mainly by the title of the thread and the sternness in the tone of the post. Thats what i'm not understanding.

I don't apologize for the TONE that I came in ... but I do apologize that you would think that I am anything of a color minded individual ...

TRUTH ... My mom and dad don't accept my sister dating this black guy ... although they have raised us to treat everyone as they were created equal.

Effect: I think that honestly alot of hate and segregation will disapear with generations dying out ... however there are some .. I would say WHITE mainly because those are the ones that i know of here in Texas .. that have thier Flags ... and do stupid idiotic things towards blacks ... But I have been to spots around houston even that make me feel uncomfortable ... As they stare at me .. like what is he doing in my part of town ???

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well, an unfortunate truth, but a truth nonetheless, is that no one wants discrimination to end. They just want it to end against them. (Exception made, of course, for rare individuals who value justice highly for its own sake) The masses of people of all "types" want special treatment, privilege, breaks, etc., for themselves and those like them, and generally speaking they are willing to look WAAAAAAY the other way if that special benefit comes at the expense of someone else.

Competition between groups is a REALITY OF LIFE ON EARTH. Annoying caps on purpose. Understand that fact. It is why you are here. It is why everyone and everything is here. You cannot wish it away. Deny it at your own peril.

The thing to do is not to try and dispense with Group competition and selection. It is to switch it from superficial traits like skin color and gender, to character traits like altruism, and cooperation within the group. You cannot get rid of the mechanism. But you can decide what traits to select for by how you define the group. It is a simple fact, however, that no matter how you define the group, you have to discriminate against those not in it.

Life on Earth is a zero sum game. Deal with it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

let it go chill? this is just how a little bit of letting it go has ruined this nation !!!!!

you mean when the minority who had lower scores and work performance gets the promotion because of a minority quota? and becomes my boss making more money than I do having more benefits than I do? more capable of giving his kids a better quality of life?

or do you mean when the minority gets the contract (due to minority business enterprise programs) even though my company has more qualified experience, which the planning commission agreed to?

or do you mean when the minority gets the job at the state EPA even though i have veterans preferance points, and was trained in EPA while in the military because "the state has to hire a minority" to fill a quota!!

or is it when the minority gets a grant to be an engineer (because they are black) and I have to quit school and work 2 jobs to feed my family. and the black gets food stamps, free housing for his kids, health care for his kids FREE!!

yeah i guess a delusional sheeple such as yourself could let all that go huh?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'm not being argumentative but I seriously don't see where is there a race issue in the article posted.
If it were about homosexual business owners would it be any different. Or maybe if the article was strictly about the decline of white owned businesses?

IMHO, No it wouldn't be any different ... I would have to say they could do these % with Regions ..South or North ... or even states stats. but when you break it down to particular people or creed or Nationalities or Religions ... its nothing but SEGREGATION ... and it should be STOPPED !!! That is the only way that segregation will go away with people is to STOP MAKING IT AN ISSUE OR A DIFFERENTIATION ..(If that is a word) ...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
The Civil War is still being fought in todays MSM.

Very interesting to bring up the Civil War. I have been thinking a lot lately about the CW. I follow the paranormal and have seen many photos and vids of the still restless and active Confederate troops. This past Thanksgiving holiday, me and kin were driving back from distant dinner club through a rural route, and I saw at least two houses with a big visible Confederate flag out front, instead of the stars and stripes. I am convinced that there is a force (maybe from all the unfinished business and ghosts) which is trying very hard to pick up from where it left off, not accepting the then outcome victory of the Union. It seems there are a lot of fellow Americans whcih make me think of the divorce term, "Irreconcilable differences." I would gladly see this country resemble the high tax social safety net systems of the Scandinavian countries, while other citizens want it to resemble something that Ayn Rand would approve. Those are irreconcilable differences which I am convinced will come to a head.
Black people strike a distant genetic memory in those of the unfinished-business side, of post Proclamation Emancipation. Some want that revoked.
African Americans though, for their part, MUST change their culture of acceptance-of-defeat, because when they live their life out from there, then someone looks down on them (him/her) him-or-her says, "See, you hate me, so you are "the man" and hatefull and not to be trusted." It is a terrible cycle.
Everyone needs to be color blind and operate from that military saying, "You are only as strong as your weakest link."

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I want to reply, I really do.
I better keep my mouth shut though.
Still trying to hang on to the little bit of core values that I was raised on.(even being "white" tralier park trash)
The day there will be no racism is the day that the sun does'nt come up over the horizon.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Relax. Again, chill.
Folks who gain supervisory roles based on colour (white or black) don't last regardless of skin colour. To keep focusing on it povides nothing but fodder for those who WANT to polarize.
You want to be angry? Go ahead. It's your right.

Me? I'm going to concentrate on doing what it right, what is moral, what is just, provide for my family and just carry on.

You want to be angry? Go right on ahead!

edit on 10-2-2011 by beezzer because: emphasize

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by beezzer

let it go chill? this is just how a little bit of letting it go has ruined this nation !!!!!

you mean when the minority who had lower scores and work performance gets the promotion because of a minority quota? and becomes my boss making more money than I do having more benefits than I do? more capable of giving his kids a better quality of life?

or do you mean when the minority gets the contract (due to minority business enterprise programs) even though my company has more qualified experience, which the planning commission agreed to?

or do you mean when the minority gets the job at the state EPA even though i have veterans preferance points, and was trained in EPA while in the military because "the state has to hire a minority" to fill a quota!!

or is it when the minority gets a grant to be an engineer (because they are black) and I have to quit school and work 2 jobs to feed my family. and the black gets food stamps, free housing for his kids, health care for his kids FREE!!

yeah i guess a delusional sheeple such as yourself could let all that go huh?

I do see what you are saying here in this post ... But that is just the TIP of the ICE BERG ... All of thise trickles down from Statistics being able to be taken within anything you do ... Check boxes with Caucasians African American or Hispanic or whatever ...As far as food stamps ... I know quite a few WHite people who get them ... as far as minorities I know men who put thier businesses in the names of thier wifes to get the minority ... Government contracts .. Happens all the time .. People are always going to find a way around any issue .. HOWEVER ... WHY HAVE MINORITIES ?!?!?! Are we not all Americans .. ??/ The end ... That is the point of this thread ... WE ARE ALL AMERICANS ... and that is all that should matter we are a new breed and we have fault wars to be so .. yet we fall back into the same mind set ...

ON A SIDE NOTE to an earlier post ... If my friends mom thinks that he grew up with not so many opportunities as others .. WHICH IS NOT RIGHT ... I KNOW ... I was there !!! ... When will the black child get as many rights .... next generation .. or maybe the next .??? I feel like I am ranting ... Sorry

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Relax. Again, chill.
Folks who gain supervisory roles based on colour (white or black) don't last regardless of skin colour. To keep focusing on it povides nothing but fodder for those who WANT to polarize.

Me? I'm going to concentrate on doing what it right, what is moral, what is just, provide for my family and just carry on.

It doesn't really anger me so much that the article was written as much as it angers me that people all the time are allowed to classify people by race ... from this article all the way down to being able to pull a hispanic over in Arizona and ask them for thier Green Card. Although if they don't have thier DL then by all means they should be asked for some form of identification ... but that is a law already ... so not sure what the deal was with the new implementation ... Anyways .. WAYYYYY Off base there... coming back now.l

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Relax. Again, chill.
Folks who gain supervisory roles based on colour (white or black) don't last regardless of skin colour.

Unless you are Clarence Thomas.

They were in such a hurry to get a black man in and prove they werent racist they picked a total idiot. But really, thats not on Thomas, its on the white racists who selected him. If they had been able to understand that "just a black guy" wasnt enough, and they actually considered that there MIGHT be black males who deserved the job, we wouldnt be stuck with him. For who knows how long.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Relax. Again, chill.

Hey beezer, have you ever heard of a white guy using a "race card" to get his way?
I have not.

Please do not get me wrong, some of the coolest friends I have are black. One of my friends even tells everybody he is more white then most whites, he grew up in one of NY's crazy slum holes.

Racial "favoritism"(profiling) should be a thing of the past.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
I want to reply, I really do.
I better keep my mouth shut though.
Still trying to hang on to the little bit of core values that I was raised on.(even being "white" tralier park trash)
The day there will be no racism is the day that the sun does'nt come up over the horizon.

AND THIS IS NOT THE WAY IT SHOULD BE ... Interesting fact I just came up with ... Civil War ... the only war that truly didn't solve anything ... Ok ... maybe the korean war comes close ..I am not much on wars ... so I dont know ...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If you allow yourself to be classified then you deserve what you get. People who WANT to be categorized by race, sex, sexual orientation, deserve what they get.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join